GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too, i have other bands I'm going to see so I hope there's not going to be any clashes. Add to it I can never get the time off work I want and sorting out childcare. I need to know :lol:

@Frey I'm sure that one is whiskey too. 

What do you think about the likelihood of UK dates? The speculation so far points in that direction... I'm holding out hope for an Ireland date - small hope, but still - GNR at Slane 2017 would be a dream come true :nervous:

• Like 1

Check out the first ducks in doorway picture... The framed picture over the door looks to me like the one of the five guys sitting around a table in Canter's Deli after the Hell Tour... both pics below... Who's with me?? 

11 hours ago, Frey said:

Check out the ducks in the door lol:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/FreyGNR/cats/DSC00740_zpsogorfc5p.jpg~original

IMG_9776.JPG

Edited by money honey
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, money honey said:

Check out the first ducks in doorway picture... The framed picture over the door looks to me like the one of the five guys sitting around a table in Canter's Deli after the Hell Tour... both pics below... Who's with me?? 

IMG_9776.JPG

I'm with you, that's exactly how it looks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, money honey said:

What do you think about the likelihood of UK dates? The speculation so far points in that direction... I'm holding out hope for an Ireland date - small hope, but still - GNR at Slane 2017 would be a dream come true :nervous:

I think they will do as much as they can in the UK, I would expect London, Manchester, Scotland and Ireland.

Even though Axl has a lot of incidents each time he tours here, he seems to like it. He always goes out when he's here, even been seen walking along the Tyne in Newcastle and in WHSmiths in London. :lol:

Slash likes to have as many UK dates as possible when he tours too. Although I don't think he will convince Axl and Duff to play Stoke this time round lol it would be awesome if they did though. 

So yes, I'm hopeful of a full UK tour. 

23 minutes ago, money honey said:

IMG_9776.JPG

Looks a lot like that picture to me too.

awwww they put bread on the floor to get the ducks to come in, how cute :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Check out the first ducks in doorway picture... The framed picture over the door looks to me like the one of the five guys sitting around a table in Canter's Deli after the Hell Tour... See both pics below... Who's with me?? 

57 minutes ago, Asia said:

I'm with you, that's exactly how it looks.

45 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Looks a lot like that picture to me too.

awwww they put bread on the floor to get the ducks to come in, how cute :wub:

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

@money honey yes, i can make out Duff in the photo at Axl's house?

Sorry guys, there's no way that picture above the door is the band picture at Canter's. Maybe it's another picture of them sitting somewhere (though I don't think so), but it's certainly not that one.

None of it adds up, but the easiest way that you can tell that they're different pictures are the cross-like structure in the left corner in the picture over Axl's door and all the white spots towards the bottom (there aren't that many drinks on the table in the Canter picture).

Not to mention all the bright white parts in the Canter picture like the wall behind them or the seating. These would be easy to spot, but they aren't there.

If you shrink the Canter picture to the same size as the one above Axl's door and put them side by side, everyone should easily be able to see it's not the same, even accounting for the blurriness and the color issues in the picture on the left.

picture.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Is it Axl's choir picture maybe? It's looks like some kind of school pic anyway.

I think it's most likely some artsy photography and nothing else.

I remember when that picture of Axl sitting in front of his computer appeared and people thought there was a picture of Slash in the background.

Until someone recognized the picture as a piece of art of some girl holding a coffin or something.

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

Sorry guys, there's no way that picture above the door is the band picture at Canter's. Maybe it's another picture of them sitting somewhere (though I don't think so), but it's certainly not that one.

None of it adds up, but the easiest way that you can tell that they're different pictures are the cross-like structure in the left corner in the picture over Axl's door and all the white spots towards the bottom (there aren't that many drinks on the table in the Canter picture).

Not to mention all the bright white parts in the Canter picture like the wall behind them or the seating. These would be easy to spot, but they aren't there.

If you shrink the Canter picture to the same size as the one above Axl's door and put them side by side, everyone should easily be able to see it's not the same, even accounting for the blurriness and the color issues in the picture on the left.

picture.png

The Chairman is right.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, it would be squee worthy, but thinking about it, i don't think Axl would have classic!GNR photos around the house with all the mess that happened, too painful to wake up, go the living room and seeing Slash's face.

Now, however...

@Frey The first one is obviously about religion and religious organizations (Tax writeoffs + shelters + such/Funded by the ignorants' bucks) and with his experience i would think he has a very negative view about it (i don't get his crucifix obsession, then but maybe he just see it as a fashion accessory and i can't divorce the religious aspect because i live in THE catholic country)

For Tantrum I: the title makes me thinks the "them" in question are his demons, he begs for it to stop and to go away but he knows they're coming back and they manifest in what others call his tantrums (biting, screaming etc.) and the last verse it's like, him accusing the people around him that they make a show of forgiving him for his "tantrums" but they just don't understand how hard it is to be him and they're not just tantrums but a result of the shitty childhood he had.

It obviously goes back to his family, they traumatized him but i think he's talking about his "freaks out".

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Frey said:

picture.png

Yeah, no way that's the Canter picture, besides Marc is on his shit-list so..... no way and the picture hanging from his wall looks like people bending over? like praying?

I notice the cross-like structure behind too....

I don't think he has any picture or painting that is related to Guns N' Roses.

Most of the stuff, art, decoration in his house looks to me like "tribal", don't know how to call it, but mostly related to religion, tribe customs, african or latinamerican aboriginal culture.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Btw @MillionsOfSpiders I ended up on one of the pages about the Oh My God discussion recently while looking for something else and saw you commenting on how dark that song is lyrically. Which reminded me of these. They're from Erin's auction. Lyrics (or poems) that were never used for any songs. They're pretty dark too.

I've transcribed them below.

153243_0.jpg

153257_0.jpg

The first one reads:

Don't call me sinner
I ain't your saint
Don't want your history
Don't need your fate
Your religion's a joke
Your legend a lie
Give up the ghost
And fucking die

You pollute the airwaves
With your drivelling shit
You cry to the masses
Like a homeless wimp
Sayin' give me your money
An' I'll spread the word
Get a real job! Cause
You lie lke a turd (?)

Tax writeoffs + shelters + such
Funded by the ignorants' bucks
Keep you living on cloud nine
I hope to hell the peace you find
Suffocates your worthless soul
And leaves you rotting in a 6 foot hole

No heaven no hell
Just your family alive
To be devoured by one of your kind!!!

The other one is apparently called Tantrum I and as far as I can make out it goes like this:

Tantrum I

Screaming
Biting
Calling
Fighting
Someone please make it stop
Beating them back to the bushes
God knows they'll come back again
Been through this so many times
My enemeies are friends
You- You want answers
You invite yourself
???? to take
Manipulate
????
?????????????

Release
Oh the pleasure
Makes it so free to forgive
Now try again
And please pretend
You've lived
Where I have been.

(If someone can figure out the missing parts, please share.)

Where are all the lyrics people? @Blackstar @giuls @Lumikki @killuridols and everyone else who likes discussing lyrics. What are everyone's thoughts on these? They come across as a lot darker and more personal to me than most of his lyrics.

lol I have no clue about this but yeah, the first one looks like direct criticism of organized religions.

I'd like to know what year he wrote this though.... because all of his crucifixes collection would make no sense in this context :question:
Why collect and put in the middle of your living room the icon or representant of such a horrible religion?

Also....  "Tax writeoffs + shelters + such
Funded by the ignorants' bucks"

is kind of, hilarious coming from him, knowing that he later followed the word of a bunch of charlatans and shady people who were "funded" by him and other, argh.... people...... who believed in them :facepalm:

As for "Tantrum"... don't know what to say. Looks like a draft and it's really bad, either as lyrics or poems, not his best work.

Mention of "God" also makes some noise.

He's a walking contradiction-

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asia said:

Some pretty finds - the first is from Marc's wedding, I think, and the second, I'm not sure if you could see it before, is hmmm... interesting :lol:

tDoXtcL3u0c.jpg

Yes, that's from Marc's wedding. Interesting assortment of people there- Axl's brother Stuart, Axl and Slash (does Axl have his arm around Slash? it looks like Axl's got his arms around Slash and the chick on the left), Duff cuddling Mandy... and where's Izzy?

Here's some more:

(I remember @Frey calling this picture the "Duff, Axl and their kid" picture or "rainbow family picture" or something like that when this was posted here a long time ago :lol:)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/DuffAxl/vcbc540full-axl-rose.jpg~original

Have to say, Axl looked cute that day:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/slaxl/b65CIeFl5ck.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/slaxl/tumblr_ockehnoxYk1tfdv49o1_1280.jpg~original

These are from Marc Canter's wedding as well. Axl playing November Rain on the piano. I don't know why, but I think he looks really sad, or kind of "out of it" in these.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/GIFs/tumblr_nnny4uO57M1qm466ao1_250.gif~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/GIFs/tumblr_o6xre7cUby1txhe6eo1_500.gif~original

http://66.media.tumblr.com/eb28c4a34efee439a6b24d9f2f549f53/tumblr_nnocz6B6Qv1rxrfh7o1_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/d3fb36cc963d7d416cd80177bd9e71c2/tumblr_nnocz6B6Qv1rxrfh7o2_1280.jpg

2 hours ago, Asia said:

d301bb83a467303bgen.jpg

I've always liked that one. The way Axl looks at Slash is quite sweet. And I like how Slash's just lying there on his stomach, right next to Axl.

2 hours ago, giuls said:

@Frey The first one is obviously about religion and religious organizations (Tax writeoffs + shelters + such/Funded by the ignorants' bucks) and with his experience i would think he has a very negative view about it (i don't get his crucifix obsession, then but maybe he just see it as a fashion accessory and i can't divorce the religious aspect because i live in THE catholic country)

For Tantrum I: the title makes me thinks the "them" in question are his demons, he begs for it to stop and to go away but he knows they're coming back and they manifest in what others call his tantrums (biting, screaming etc.) and the last verse it's like, him accusing the people around him that they make a show of forgiving him for his "tantrums" but they just don't understand how hard it is to be him and they're not just tantrums but a result of the shitty childhood he had.

It obviously goes back to his family, they traumatized him but i think he's talking about his "freaks out".

That's a good interpretation, yes. When I first read these lines

Someone please make it stop
Beating them back to the bushes
God knows they'll come back again
Been through this so many times

it actually made me think of someone with some kind of mental illness that causes hallucinations or makes you hear voices. The "them" in question being the voices or the awful thoughts that make him act out (or demons as you called them), yeah. I'm not saying Axl's necessarily suffering from anything like that, that's just the first thing that came to my mind while reading.

The other thing that came to my mind, more in line with @Freys thoughts is that the first couple of lines (Screaming / Biting / Calling /Fighting / Someone please make it stop) sound a bit like a child trapped in a moment where "shit was going down in their house" (as Axl called it) and the child praying for it all to stop. The rest of the lines sound more like his present day dealings with his parents- them constantly reappearing in his life and trying to manipulate him. Didn't Axl say that his parents kept trying to convince him to come back and that his stepfather even promised to pay for his college education if he came back or something like that? And of course other stuff like the letters, the LALD video thing (though that probably hadn't happened yet when he wrote this).

---------

The other one... I agree that this is way harsher than the views about religion Axl has usually expressed in interviews and that a few lines seem to be directed at a specific person, though the rest of the song is about religious organization in general.

And yes, the irony of him writing about frauds who steal ignorant people's money. I need to bite my tongue. But I'd really like to know how many millions they stole from him. Because the more numbers I hear about what he payed these people for various things, the more angry I get. And considering that they spent years and years leeching his money off him, we're probably talking millions.

@giuls and @killuridols I get the impression Axl actually is somewhat religious. I remember him saying his religious beliefs are difficult to explain and that he doesn't want to talk about them in the 90s. More recently Pamela Manning claimed that Axl does believe in God. So I don't find his crucifix obsession that surprising. He also probably likes the gruesome, tortured messiah aspect of these things. 

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

With every year that passes, with every day that goes by, every time more I think that image of Jesus in the cross is one of the most horrible images, symbols or whatever it is, this rotten humanity has created

:vomit:

I'd never have that creepy distasteful image in my home or anywhere.

Cruxification is torture.

• Like 3