GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

27 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I think I read Slash talk about Axl join Them on His book but I ddnt remember, Anyone can tell Me, what He said about tht?

when he talks about the Cathouse, he wrote it was their haven when they were finishing AFD, i copied/pasted the passage for you from my E-book:

“It was such a spot for us that Axl even went, which always brought us added attention—even we’d get excited because he didn’t often hang out with us at the clubs and bars.”

21 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Possibly, it could even be both. Either way, I'm not someone who believes any of them were really that close. And with Izzy and Axl, earlier interviews did convey something more realistic imo.

Really, you don't believe they were never that close? even Slash and Duff? How do you explain the frankly extreme reaction that Axl had when Slash left the group if not as someone that reacted to a perceived betrayal by someone close to him? I'm sincerely curious, no snark.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, giuls said:

I think that he genuely liked him, i don't really buy it that Axl was the only one who liked skulls and rock n roll, i can buy it if it was in the context of a group but one on one? Relationship can change pretty fast and Izzy's apt to put on a disappereance act and yes, i agree he would have liked to forget about Indiana but him actually "taking back" Axl in LA tells me he wasn't that reclutant about him, they reconnected in LA

(Then, yes, it became complicated, like everything else concerning Axl, but i think it was exacerbated by the fact that it wasn't a club band anymore and there was a lot of money in the mix, plus, Izzy & co in the club days went out a lot bar hopping and Axl didn't join them, Slash said they were excited when Axl did join them because it was so rare so it was easier to deal with it).

Huh? I didn't say Axl was the only one who liked that stuff, I said Izzy and Axl shared the same interests and that's why they hung out. And I think Izzy genuinely liked him too, or he wouldn't have spent so much time with him in the first place. But Izzy is smart, he knew Axl was one messed up kid/guy and like most teenage boys he probably didn't really feel like dealing with all that. Don't you have any friends that you like to hang out with sometimes, but at the same time you keep a careful distance because you don't want to get dragged too deeply into their problems and shit? Maybe I'm an awful person too, but I've got quite a few of these.

About Izzy taking Axl back in L.A.... Yeah, but if we believe Niven he was kind of annoyed about Axl following him like a puppy. And it's not like he could have just shut his door in Axl's face. Assuming that Izzy and Axl were on good terms when Izzy left Lafayette, he probably didn't have the heart to tell Axl to fuck off.

Although I guess it's also possible they parted on bad terms. I've wondered before if Axl was pissed off or hurt when Izzy took off to L.A. and left him behind.

Depends on how close they were, I guess.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Huh? I didn't say Axl was the only one who liked that stuff, I said Izzy and Axl shared the same interests and that's why they hung out. And I think Izzy genuinely liked him too, or he wouldn't have spent so much time with him in the first place. But Izzy is smart, he knew Axl was one messed up kid/guy and like most teenage boys he probably didn't really feel like dealing with all that. Don't you have any friends that you like to hang out with sometimes, but at the same time you keep a careful distance because you don't want to get dragged too deeply into their problems and shit? Maybe I'm an awful person too, but I've got quite a few of these.

About Izzy taking Axl back in L.A.... Yeah, but if we believe Niven he was kind of annoyed about Axl following him like a puppy. And it's not like he could have just shut his door in Axl's face. Assuming that Izzy and Axl were on good terms when Izzy left Lafayette, he probably didn't have the heart to tell Axl to fuck off.

Although I guess it's also possible they parted on bad terms. I've wondered before if Axl was pissed off or hurt when Izzy took off to L.A. and left him behind.

Depends on how close they were, I guess.

Yes, i have that kind of friends that's why i said i don't believe Izzy and Axl had that kind of relationship lbecause going by @Lumikki post

Izzy and Axl had classes together and liked working together on their own art projects instead of the stuff they were supposed to be working on. And we know that from their former art teacher, a person who has no interest in trying to project a certain image, so I consider her credible.

- They also shared other school classes, like the driver's ed class mentioned by Frey.

- Izzy said he and Axl used to spend a lot of time in the garage of Izzy's mom, making "music". More likely producing awful noise together, but according to Izzy his mom didn't complain and is a saint for letting them do that.

- Izzy said he has very vivid memories of hanging out with Axl all summer when they were 16 or 17 or something and they just drove around all day and did drugs.

I hang out with them sometime and in a group context, i wouldn't spend with them all summer or open my house (or garage) a lot of time to them and i wouldn't be doing an artistic thing on my own volition with them while i was supposed to doing other stuff in a class full of people, passing this much time with a person is not keeping a distance at all.

Even in LA,  there are things between telling a person to fuck off and choosing to work with them in a band and having the objective to make it big like Izzy and Axl did, Izzy put himself in a position when he had to work with him a lot and travel with him, no-one forced him to do this, if he tried to keep a distance and not to get caught in Axl's drama, Izzy went the wrong way at it.

I don't see Izzy keeping a distance  between them or hanging out occasionally going by this in that point in time (if he tried he failed utterly) later? Maybe, Axl seemed to have latched on Slash and Izzy seemed very frustrated with Axl's antics.

Him supposedly being annoyed at Axl could a general distaste for Indiana that transfered in his relationship with Axl before going to LA that passed.

Edited by giuls
Grammar

11 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Not only she's a former model, she also has Axl's young models around her husband to deal with and groupies now that GNR is on top again. Triple pressure.

Can't blame her.

Was just going to say, it was all well and good when Duff was playing little stages with Loaded, now it's all on the biggest stages again as well as all that goes with it. 

I saw her with him at Donington in 2009, Loaded played the tiny tent. He was really flipping out about something, I thought he wasn't going to go on stage. She was trying to calm him down. You wouldn't think that of Duff would you? Throwing a diva strop? But I saw it with my own eyes. I'm sure it was all fine after. 

At the time though I felt sorry for her. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 3

She was so beautiful in the cover of all that magazines that she and her daughters post by time to time. Mae looks a lot like her.

I'm not a big fan of all the botox she has and let alone the super big boobs, I think it make her look fake and she's a natural beauty, she didn't need any of that. But her body, her rules and I really, really like her. She seems very down to earth and she's nice with fans and of course a big support to Duff. I think they really love each other, it's cute.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Was just going to say, it was all well and good when Duff was playing little stages with Loaded, now it's all on the biggest stages again as well as all that goes with it. 

I saw her with him at Donington in 2009, Loaded played the tiny tent. He was really flipping out about something, I thought he wasn't going to go on stage. She was trying to calm him down. You wouldn't think that of Duff would you? Throwing a diva strop? But I saw it with my own eyes. I'm sure it was all fine after. 

Judging by Your story, maybe Duff angry N' grab ptman collar shirt story is true. So Axl wasnt the only diva in GN'R. Any story of Duff flips out Anyone?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She's always with him, very supportive.

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

She was so beautiful in the cover of all that magazines that she and her daughters post by time to time. Mae looks a lot like her.

I'm not a big fan of all the botox she has and let alone the super big boobs, I think it make her look fake and she's a natural beauty, she didn't need any of that. But her body, her rules and I really, really like her. She seems very down to earth and she's nice with fans and of course a big support to Duff. I think they really love each other, it's cute.

They really make a very cute couple.:heart:

• Like 1

True she does seem like a nice person underneath all the silicone...and her IGs are great. @MillionsOfSpiders @Jane M. Right about the new pressure on her with GNR reunion. I don't envy that. I like being able to slob in bed looking at GNR stuff in my pyjamas :headbang:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He appeared to be royally pissed off by Motley Crue moving their set to clash with his, so their own set did not clash with Faith No More. I think he thought his own audience would filter away to watch Motley. We didn't, GnR fans packed the tent till the end :) 

Oooh Duff hissy fit scandal! He should have more faith in GNR fans, they wouldn't desert him.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, money honey said:

:drool: Sooo good looking. Who cares how long ago it is. Imagine being so cool that you let your hair hide a face like that?!

This is :drool: too

gal_gmpduff_c.jpg

Maybe this will happens again in Japan, adding Slash N' Duff533dabfd-71ed-4fcc-a201-a2c6bc026f82.jpg

Almost forgot this rare photos

33481db4-a976-45b1-9f34-7b1850987236.jpg

854be925-f23f-453f-9f6b-ef8fdd189fdd.jpg

e28a289a-16ba-4030-b221-c7ba4cc03318.jpg

Edited by SerenityScorp

41 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I find it interesting that Susan chose to go with this particular aesthetic. She's ten years younger than Duff and really more of a 90's girl then an 80's girl. But she chose to go with that bleached hair, big fake boobed 80's video vixen thing- even though it essentially put her high fashion days behind her. It's a Playboy look, not a Vogue look.  It also, unfortunately, is not an aesthetic that ages very well.  But Duff seems to enjoy it so...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, money honey said:

<judgemental> Does anyone else wish Susan would follow Duff's lead in 'growing old gracefully'?? Her trout pout and mega-boobs are a bit much... Don't get me wrong she is beautiful. I know she's a former model and there are certain pressures to maintain your look in that business but still... I think it's so cool how Duff wears his wrinkles with pride. </judgemental> :wub: Duff :wub:

I think she's younger than Duff, like she's in her 40's. People nowadays don't age so fast at 40 or 50. If you look at people pictures from a century ago at age 40 and see person same age now it's incredible how much we have advanced since life expectation is way bigger in this time.

For sure she has boob job but I'm not sure her face is full of Botox like people here claim. 

She may have some touches but she has to be a healthy woman to keep that body and what you eat and drink also defines how your hair and skin will look like.

I really dig Susan; she shows herself as an independent woman who loves her husband and children but she has her own thing going on. She's very active and involved. Projects a sense of security, like she's a very solid strong woman and I love that. Someone who can balance being a wife, mother and business woman at the same time.

• Like 3