GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Yea if you went on google search typed in Guns N Roses it would list in a box like their official page band pictures and member names with any social media accounts linked to them, under all that of course is normal search results. I dont know who puts it there and how pictures are chosen  but Axl's pic was always from where he was younger and stayed the same for a very long time. Google updated to add Melissa, and the current lineup removing DJ as member as well then that's when the Axl pic changed. The wikipedia is also listed there as well but wikipedia pic is Axl in 2010, a much better picture though and not the same one.

I remember noticing this too. For the longest time it was a picture from the 90s  then suddenly it changed to the other picture. I didn't know about the AC/DC thing others have mentioned.

Axl is actually getting some of the best press/online presence he has ever got. Sure there is a lot of mocking right now, but when all the Axl stuff was getting into the news earlier this year there was a lot of pure vitriol directed at him. Horrible nasty stuff said. I had never realized just how much people hated him. It really blew my mind. How can you hate someone you don't know and who has no affect on your life that much?

One amusing note is that so many claimed to have been at the St. Louis show that the place had to have been packed to the brim with people hanging off the rafters. While I am sure some of the people who claimed to be there were actually there, there are some who out themselves by saying the reason they rioted was because he was two hours late, played two songs then left. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but even I can't accept that someone's memories are that bad. Especially if that is the sole reason they forever hate the band/Axl.

• Like 2

I do think there are ways that a photo can look awful without retouching, though. Here's the article I mentioned before: http://www.bustle.com/articles/147097-27-photos-of-my-fat-face-that-prove-camera-angle-is-everything-photos  In some of those images it looks like two different people, and it looks like there's a significant weight difference between them. So the photographer might have just caught him at the wrong second or angle.

Here are two photos of Axl from 1989. We all know from the photos/videos that he was thin as can be, and his cheekbones were really sharp in his face. First photo shows him at the American Music Awards in the winter, and his face looks as thin as normal. Second one is from an MTV interview in the beginning of 1989, and he actually looks like he has chubby cheeks, but it's all in the lighting and angle they're getting him from.

6a81581f6a1980b3abf1256cd463a879.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Since I'll be away all day today, here's something you can discuss:

Axl notices his pants "accident" at 2:00, I think that you can see he's wearing black underwear...mystery solved....or not? :smiley-confused2:

:

• Like 1

Ho ho, she seems to be a bitch of the moment (it's in the article) herself with those comments. I wouldn't say there aren't supermodels now, but the word and the world have both evolved. There are certainly models out there working with the top designers at Fashion Week just like she did from a young age, but with the Internet it's a whole different ballgame and there are a lot more ways for people to become famous. Most young women aren't running out and buying glossy fashion magazines the same way they did in the 80s and 90s and if they are reading print, they're expecting to see different things now. There's beginning to be much more diversity in terms of looks and size, which I think is a very good thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Padme said:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/06/stephanie-seymour-kendall-jenner-gigi-hadid-supermodels

Look who's talking? (Nothing Axl related)  Although I agree with Stephanie that today any model it's called Supermodel and that's wrong. There is a lot of other things she said that are... :facepalm:

I have no love for the likes of Kendall Jenner, etc either, but calling other women/young girls "bitches"? Classy. :facepalm: Definitely my least favorite GnR WAG of them all.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Axl notices his pants "accident" at 2:00, I think that you can see he's wearing black underwear...mystery solved....or not? :smiley-confused2:

So he's wearing boxer briefs after all? Praise the lord! :D

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

Cindy, Linda, Naomi, Stephanie, Christy, Claudia.. Were so beautiful, no estreme plastic surgery, no botox, no photoshop.. They were so natural...

I miss them

Yeah....I follow some accounts about 80s and 90s models on IG, nothing more to say than they vere really marvellous.

When you see them on the catwalk or on the covers of various magazines, you can easily realise why they got that ''Supermodel'' title. They were absolutelly fabulous. And what is even more astonishing is that they weren't near perfect psysique wise (Linda had the strange nose, Stephanie too, even Claudia) but that's where all their beauty lies. And that's what distinguished them. 

• Like 1

Never thought Stephanie Seymour, Naomi Campbell or Linda Evangelista were beautiful. Quite the opposite in fact. Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford though :drool:

Axl probably only wanted Seymour so desperately in the first place because dating a super model is the ultimate status symbol. The little guy who never got any girls in school now has one of the most desirable women on the planet by his side. And she used him too and left him for an even wealthier guy. They're both as terrible as each other.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Frey said:

Never thought Stephanie Seymour, Naomi Campbell or Linda Evangelista were beautiful. Quite the opposite in fact. Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford though :drool:

Axl probably only wanted Seymour so desperately in the first place because dating a super model is the ultimate status symbol. The little guy who never got any girls in school now has one of the most desirable women on the planet by his side. And she used him too and left him for an even wealthier guy. They're both as terrible as each other.

I kind of agree with you that that may have been part of the reason he held on to her so tightly, but I think it was probably more along the lines of "holy shit this beautiful classy woman wants little ol me and I will never get someone as good as this in my life again" type of thing .. I don't think it was using her as a status symbol per se.. her, on the other hand, well.. 

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I kind of agree with you that that may have been part of the reason he held on to her so tightly, but I think it was probably more along the lines of "holy shit this beautiful classy woman wants little ol me and I will never get someone as good as this in my life again" type of thing .. I don't think it was using her as a status symbol per se.. her, on the other hand, well.. 

Well according to Erin, Axl kept chasing her for over a year. Meaning he wanted Erin back despite the fact that he was dating Stephanie. The videos with Steph are about Erin. I think Axl loved Dylan more than anything

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well according to Erin, Axl kept chasing her for over a year. Meaning he wanted Erin back despite the fact that he was dating Stephanie. The videos with Steph are about Erin. I think Axl loved Dylan more than anything

Yes, but I don't think he thought Erin was as quite as "together" and classy as Stephanie..plus Beta said that Stephanie leaving Axl nearly destroyed him..so I don't know..I completely agree with you about Dylan though, I think he wanted to prove to himself that he was a better man than his father and stepfather, and when that chance was taken away, it gutted him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

About Linda or even Naomi I can agree, but Stephane though....She was one mean bitch! 

d3a74bbd2a18c43f39ad25761e96a64a.jpg

Stephanie-Seymour-Rolex-Datejust.jpg

But I guess if I looked that way, I would probably be too! :lol: 

Also, Christy Turlington and Karen Mulder are one of my favourites too

Edited by nn18

8 hours ago, Andy14 said:

:

The pants split open for first time in "Shoot To Thrill" and I think he realized about it sooner than later, didn't do anything to fix it. :rolleyes:

He's definitely looking for problems.

Problems with my crotch.

4 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Cindy, Linda, Naomi, Stephanie, Christy, Claudia.. Were so beautiful, no estreme plastic surgery, no botox, no photoshop.. They were so natural...

I miss them

And Kate Moss :wub:

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't get on here every day, comment even less, but dayam, I love your emotional posts, I always look forward to reading them. :lol:

lol thank you!

Over-emotional I'd say. Haha. I learned it all from Axl :heart:

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Axl divorced from Erin and not much time passed until he was already in a serious relationship with Stephanie, making her part of the videos, showing her off everywhere.

I think he did this to make Erin jealous and I guess it worked. I would have hated the guy for that. She had lost his baby a few months before. Then she had to see how he would get on with a new girl and have the nerve to say the videos are about Erin! Then Estranged, same shit again.

Axl didn't love Stephanie as much as Erin. Erin's presence in his music is massive, even to the extent of Chinese Democracy :facepalm:. I couldn't believe I was reading Erin's name in the booklet of CD. And she's also credited in the Illusions.

Erin is the woman who took it all from him. And he destroyed her love for being an asshole.

If you "didn't want it to die" you shouldn't have killed it, Axl :rolleyes:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 4

Just few days ago I was asking if Kat Benzova or whomever the hell is GN'R's photographer is at the moment who's with the Axl/DC tour would snap a pic of Axl, Duff and Slash....and now we're seeing it :wub:

Happy to see Axl happy with Slash.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Just few days ago I was asking if Kat Benzova or whomever the hell is GN'R's photographer is at the moment who's with the Axl/DC tour would snap a pic of Axl, Duff and Slash....and now we're seeing it :wub:

Happy to see Axl happy with Slash.

He always looks genuinely happy when he's with Slash and Duff. Much more so than when he is with the freak show. 

They have all the history together, good and bad, and so much in common. I hope he starts hanging out with them more often when they tour properly together. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, nn18 said:

About Linda or even Naomi I can agree, but Stephane though....She was one mean bitch! 

d3a74bbd2a18c43f39ad25761e96a64a.jpg

But I guess if I looked that way, I would probably be too! :lol: 

Also, Christy Turlington and Karen Mulder are one of my favourites too

Lol, these pictures are not helping at all :lol: I don't know, there's just something about her face that's really off-putting to me. I actually think her face is kind of ugly (sorry). Guess I just prefer women with softer faces. 

Even Axl looked like a hotter woman than Stephanie when he was young. :rofl-lol:

fffa2dd7bb63e5fd5691b25ff42c0c3a.jpg

A street bum to the left and a lady that looks high on coke with an unfortunate face to the right.

(Steph and Axl fans please don't take it seriously, I'm only fooling around)

Edit: Cool picture of all three guys. But wasn't there another one already? With Axl sitting in the wheelchair?

And damn, Axl was one goofy and awkward looking kid :rofl-lol:

Always cool to see these "before they were famous" pictures though, had never seen some of these. Do you have any of the other guys? 

Edited by Frey

7 hours ago, Padme said:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/06/stephanie-seymour-kendall-jenner-gigi-hadid-supermodels

Look who's talking? (Nothing Axl related)  Although I agree with Stephanie that today any model it's called Supermodel and that's wrong. There is a lot of other things she said that are... :facepalm:

ugh... she's such a TWAT. I gotta say... nobody knew who she was, and nobody called her a "Supermodel" until she started hanging on Axl's arm and appearing in Gun's videos. Maybe MTV was the Istagram of the 90's, Steph? <_<

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

So they were hanging out together in London after all! So happy to see that! And yes, he looks much happier with them than with the freak show! :wub::wub:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/13380845_826245674175669_285522977_n.jpg~original

Look at that smile on Axl's face! He's beaming! :D

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/axlkid3jn.jpg~original

OMG that new pic of them is amazing! :wow:

Axl's face and smile is so beautiful!!!! I want a huge poster of that picture covering my walls!!!

Its funny but he looks just like in this baby pic, which happens to be my favorite. Despite the terrible black eye :anger:.... I love that he's still smiling. And it takes me to a place of deep pain, feeling like I want to protect this child who's just been abused by a piece of shit adult.

Sit there, count your fingers, ah count your little fingers, my unhappy, oh little boy, oh little boy blue... :cry:

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Lol, these pictures are not helping at all :lol: I don't know, there's just something about her face that's really off-putting to me. I actually think her face is kind of ugly (sorry). Guess I just prefer women with softer faces. 

Even Axl looked like a hotter woman than Stephanie when he was young. :rofl-lol:

fffa2dd7bb63e5fd5691b25ff42c0c3a.jpg

A street bum to the left and a lady that looks high on coke with an unfortunate face to the right.

(Steph and Axl fans please don't take it seriously, I'm only fooling around)

Stephanie was really beautiful, I don't know what the hell you're talking about but ok. Taste is taste :shrugs:

"street bum" <_<

Why do people have this huge need to put down others with such horrible words all the time, then try to disguise it or make it pass as "humor"? I don't get it. I don't know what's wrong with the world. We're getting worse every day. :thumbsdown:

• Like 4