GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What!! Do people actually think Axl has had cheek bone implants? He's always had those girly cheek bones. 

Little Axl is cute, in an impish way. 

Black eye pic too :-(

Yes, they do unfortunately. I've heard way too many dumb speculations or even claims about cheek bone implants and other ridiculous surgeries over the years. It makes me irrationally angry for some reason. I remember years ago there was a so-called plastic surgeon who could "clearly tell" that Axl had done something to his cheeks. Well and I can clearly tell these people have never seen more than 3 pictures of Axl, or they would know better, urgh.

Impish! That's the perfect word, yes :D And yeah, I think he was cute as well.... even in the black eye pic :cry:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Edit: Cool picture of all three guys. But wasn't there another one already? With Axl sitting in the wheelchair?

And damn, Axl was one goofy and awkward looking kid :rofl-lol:

Always cool to see these "before they were famous" pictures though, had never seen some of these. Do you have any of the other guys? 

He was cute. Lots of kids look a bit goofy and akward, doesn't make them any less adorable. Besides, I think he looks quite alright in the pictures where he doesn't have an unfortunate bowl cut (which wouldn't be his fault either).

I don't have any of the other guys on my computer, but I know there are tons of baby pictures of Slash floating around the internet. There weren't many of Duff and Izzy though from what I remember.

I might just go and track some down. I'm sick and miserable right now anyway and don't have anything better to do, so why not.

And you mean this one? It has Melissa and Fortus in it though. But Duff and Axl are smiling at each other at least :wub::wub:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CisHbmrWEAAXhBH.jpg:large

56 minutes ago, killuridols said:

OMG that new pic of them is amazing! :wow:

Axl's face and smile is so beautiful!!!! I want a huge poster of that picture covering my walls!!!

Its funny but he looks just like in this baby pic, which happens to be my favorite. Despite the terrible black eye :anger:.... I love that he's still smiling. And it takes me to a place of deep pain, feeling like I want to protect this child who's just been abused by a piece of shit adult.

Sit there, count your fingers, ah count your little fingers, my unhappy, oh little boy, oh little boy blue... :cry:

Hah, you're right, he does look like in that baby pic. Same smile and everything. Amazing :heart:

And I like that picture as well, but I have to tell myself that he just walked into a table or something and that's where he got the black eye from. Toddlers do stuff like that sometimes, right? At least my sister did all the time :P

Because the alternative explanation makes me so incredibly angry like you wouldn't believe :anger: ... I just can't fathom how someone could look at an adorable little baby like that and ever lay a hand on them. And yeah, it makes me wanna grab him and run away with that baby to a nice, safe place where I can protect him. That man who did that to him deserves to rot in hell, if he isn't there yet.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

The pants split open for first time in "Shoot To Thrill" and I think he realized about it sooner than later, didn't do anything to fix it. :rolleyes:

He's definitely looking for problems.

Problems with my crotch.

And Kate Moss :wub:

lol thank you!

Over-emotional I'd say. Haha. I learned it all from Axl :heart:

Axl divorced from Erin and not much time passed until he was already in a serious relationship with Stephanie, making her part of the videos, showing her off everywhere.

I think he did this to make Erin jealous and I guess it worked. I would have hated the guy for that. She had lost his baby a few months before. Then she had to see how he would get on with a new girl and have the nerve to say the videos are about Erin! Then Estranged, same shit again.

Axl didn't love Stephanie as much as Erin. Erin's presence in his music is massive, even to the extent of Chinese Democracy :facepalm:. I couldn't believe I was reading Erin's name in the booklet of CD. And she's also credited in the Illusions.

Erin is the woman who took it all from him. And he destroyed her love for being an asshole.

If you "didn't want it to die" you shouldn't have killed it, Axl :rolleyes:

Let's be realistic though can you imagine being with a guy and he tells you he wrote a song about his ex and wants you to play in it?

If all is as we have assumed or been told about the songs being about Erin I say she got the last laugh there in regards to Stephanie.

15 hours ago, stella said:

I do think there are ways that a photo can look awful without retouching, though. Here's the article I mentioned before: http://www.bustle.com/articles/147097-27-photos-of-my-fat-face-that-prove-camera-angle-is-everything-photos  In some of those images it looks like two different people, and it looks like there's a significant weight difference between them. So the photographer might have just caught him at the wrong second or angle.

Here are two photos of Axl from 1989. We all know from the photos/videos that he was thin as can be, and his cheekbones were really sharp in his face. First photo shows him at the American Music Awards in the winter, and his face looks as thin as normal. Second one is from an MTV interview in the beginning of 1989, and he actually looks like he has chubby cheeks, but it's all in the lighting and angle they're getting him from.

6a81581f6a1980b3abf1256cd463a879.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

professional photographers know this well! angles make all the difference, there is usually a good and a not so good side of a person's face. few people look their best looking full on face forward at the camera ( think mug shot :P ) I worked for a professional modeling photographer back in my salad days and picked up quite a few tips ;)

I am a toddler teacher and one of my students just broke his nose and has a bruised eye....so absolutely some certain children at that age can get hurt accidentally! It happens.  And as far as that new pic of the 3 guys.....I so LOVE it!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, killuridols said:

OMG that new pic of them is amazing! :wow:

Axl's face and smile is so beautiful!!!! I want a huge poster of that picture covering my walls!!!

Its funny but he looks just like in this baby pic, which happens to be my favorite. Despite the terrible black eye :anger:.... I love that he's still smiling. And it takes me to a place of deep pain, feeling like I want to protect this child who's just been abused by a piece of shit adult.

Sit there, count your fingers, ah count your little fingers, my unhappy, oh little boy, oh little boy blue... :cry:

Stephanie was really beautiful, I don't know what the hell you're talking about but ok. Taste is taste :shrugs:

"street bum" <_<

Why do people have this huge need to put down others with such horrible words all the time, then try to disguise it or make it pass as "humor"? I don't get it. I don't know what's wrong with the world. We're getting worse every day. :thumbsdown:

I thought as soon as I saw the new gnr pic that they should make that a poster. I would get it and frame it. Axl looks great in it. 

Axls mother and the other adults of his family should've looked out for him. I would kill anyone who dares touch my kids in such a way, I really do mean that too.Like slash said in his book, only Axls brother and sister were consistently at his shows, he can only recall his other relatives attending once, in Indiana, and even then Axl had arranged it all - slash implying they wouldn't have bothered had he not. I think that's really hurtful too!! 

Axl did have a bit of  "street bum" going on, I love tramp Axl in the garden video :lol:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, they do unfortunately. I've heard way too many dumb speculations or even claims about cheek bone implants and other ridiculous surgeries over the years. It makes me irrationally angry for some reason. I remember years ago there was a so-called plastic surgeon who could "clearly tell" that Axl had done something to his cheeks. Well and I can clearly tell these people have never seen more than 3 pictures of Axl, or they would know better, urgh.

Impish! That's the perfect word, yes :D And yeah, I think he was cute as well.... even in the black eye pic :cry:

He was cute. Lots of kids look a bit goofy and akward, doesn't make them any less adorable. Besides, I think he looks quite alright in the pictures where he doesn't have an unfortunate bowl cut (which wouldn't be his fault either).

I don't have any of the other guys on my computer, but I know there are tons of baby pictures of Slash floating around the internet. There weren't many of Duff and Izzy though from what I remember.

I might just go and track some down. I'm sick and miserable right now anyway and don't have anything better to do, so why not.

And you mean this one? It has Melissa and Fortus in it though. But Duff and Axl are smiling at each other at least :wub::wub:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CisHbmrWEAAXhBH.jpg:large

Hah, you're right, he does look like in that baby pic. Same smile and everything. Amazing :heart:

And I like that picture as well, but I have to tell myself that he just walked into a table or something and that's where he got the black eye from. Toddlers do stuff like that sometimes, right? At least my sister did all the time :P

Because the alternative explanation makes me so incredibly angry like you wouldn't believe :anger: ... I just can't fathom how someone could look at an adorable little baby like that and ever lay a hand on them. And yeah, it makes me wanna grab him and run away with that baby to a nice, safe place where I can protect him. That man who did that to him deserves to rot in hell, if he isn't there yet.

Axl said his stepdad sent him that video of him with a black eye and he took as a way of him reminding him of where he came from and the control he once held over Axl. He said that is why he put it the LALD video. :-( 

17 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Because the alternative explanation makes me so incredibly angry like you wouldn't believe :anger: ... I just can't fathom how someone could look at an adorable little baby like that and ever lay a hand on them. And yeah, it makes me wanna grab him and run away with that baby to a nice, safe place where I can protect him.

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

I am a toddler teacher and one of my students just broke his nose and has a bruised eye....so absolutely some certain children at that age can get hurt accidentally! It happens.

Um, I'm a bit confused...

I'm not making it up, the picture of Axl with a black eye it is indeed a black eye he got from his father and he wanted to use that picture in the video, along with that old footage of him too.

Axl talked about this before. I just don't remember exactly where I read it or saw it. But I thought you guys knew the same story. 

14 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Let's be realistic though can you imagine being with a guy and he tells you he wrote a song about his ex and wants you to play in it?

If all is as we have assumed or been told about the songs being about Erin I say she got the last laugh there in regards to Stephanie.

Yeah, he was playing with both of them at the same time, according to Erin. And I think that's what pushed her to join Stephanie in the domestic violence claim.

"Don't Cry" isn't about Erin, as far as I know. It is about Barbie and Axl. Barbie leaving Axl, telling him to don't cry. So the subject of the song is not a woman but a man, Axl himself. Everybody thinks it's lyrics for a woman.

The Don't Cry video, as explained by Axl, has some scenes that represent real life situations between Axl and Erin (like when he grabs the gun to kill himself). "November Rain" lyrics I don't know who they are about, but the video is based off Del James short story "Without You" (which was inspired by Axl & Erin relationship). "Estranged" lyrics are all about Axl-Erin end of relationship/marriage and the video is a mix of emotions related to his break up with Erin, Stephanie and he said even Steven Adler.

I think Stephanie didn't care at the time. Not even sure Axl explained to her what the video was about. She knew she had to be there to be popular, she would be the girl in one of the hottest music videos of the year. 

• Like 1

I remember hearing that the stepfather sent Axl that video and photos with some malicious intentions, yes. :(

As for the black eye, I'd really, really like to think that it was some sort of little kid accident. Toddlers and preschoolers do all sorts of stupid shit and get hurt. On the other hand...yeah. And it's unlikely anyone would have done anything about it in the 60s or even asked how it happened, even if there was photo evidence. From the 80s on, if someone developing a photo in a store saw evidence of child abuse, they usually called the police, but in the 60s I would imagine nobody intervened.

• Like 2

Girls: that is Axl beaten up by his stepdad. He said so. As much as we want to believe something else, it is what it is.

He was abused and we know it. I always knew, at least. So there's no alternative option like toddler being clumsy.

It sucks, it's horrible and I can only hope for all those adults who hurt him to be rotting in hell right now.

I LOVE YOU AXL.:cry:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axls mother and the other adults of his family should've looked out for him. I would kill anyone who dares touch my kids in such a way, I really do mean that too.Like slash said in his book, only Axls brother and sister were consistently at his shows, he can only recall his other relatives attending once, in Indiana, and even then Axl had arranged it all - slash implying they wouldn't have bothered had he not. I think that's really hurtful too!! 

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl said his stepdad sent him that video of him with a black eye and he took as a way of him reminding him of where he came from and the control he once held over Axl. He said that is why he put it the LALD video. :-( 

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Um, I'm a bit confused...

I'm not making it up, the picture of Axl with a black eye it is indeed a black eye he got from his father and he wanted to use that picture in the video, along with that old footage of him too.

Axl talked about this before. I just don't remember exactly where I read it or saw it. But I thought you guys knew the same story.

Okay, these stories literally made me cry a bit right now.

You guys are right, now that you mention it, that story about the LALD video does ring a bell. But it's been a long while since I read that and I guess I must have repressed that particular awful story. It's the kind of thing one would like to forget.

What an absolutely disgusting and evil thing to do to your child. :anger:

As for the story about Axls relatives not caring to attend to the shows, well that's incredibly heart-breaking as well. Especially if there were maybe shows where the other guys' family were there, but no one from Axl's family cared enough (except his siblings). Awful. I don't remember that story being in Slash's book, I should read it again (it's been a long time since I read it).

• Like 1

It seems that Axl's siblings have really been there for him - that is a wonderful thing that the three of them have each other, even with all the other horrific shit they've dealt with concerning the rest of their family.

• Like 2

Don't cry was a song written pre dating GnR written by Izzy and Axl. They both had history with the same girl, she leaves town and asks Axl not to cry thus providing the song title.  It was never about Erin, but as it was part of the video trilogy with Estranged and November Rain it became associated with that time in Axl's life.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

As for the story about Axls relatives not caring to attend to the shows, well that's incredibly heart-breaking as well. Especially if there were maybe shows where the other guys' family were there, but no one from Axl's family cared enough (except his siblings). Awful. I don't remember that story being in Slash's book, I should read it again (it's been a long time since I read it).

Axl's relatives hated him when he revealed the abuse going on in the house to the whole world, in that interview with Rolling Stone.

Instead of being happy for his success, they rejected him and told him to fuck off. That's why he was so enraged, hated his mother, stepfather, uncles, etc. and by 1993 the Lebeis became his new family.

This rant from 1992 explains a big portion of the problem. It is one of the best Axl rants ever. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Okay, these stories literally made me cry a bit right now.

You guys are right, now that you mention it, that story about the LALD video does ring a bell. But it's been a long while since I read that and I guess I must have repressed that particular awful story. It's the kind of thing one would like to forget.

What an absolutely disgusting and evil thing to do to your child. :anger:

Slash said it was weird meeting the rest of Axls family, I mean at that point it was what  1991? A long time for them to get their asses to a show!! 

He said Axls grandmother was funny cos she was just like him :D 

Re: Don't Cry. The fact that the lyrics are actually words that were adressed to Axl himself is what made me like that song a bit more. Before I knew that I always thought it was just a boring song with cliched lyrics. But that turn-around really improved my opinion, lol. I've liked it ever since. :P

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash said it was weird meeting the rest of Axls family, I mean at that point it was what  1991? A long time for them to get their asses to a show!! 

He said Axls grandmother was funny cos she was just like him :D 

Yeah, by that point Axl had probably long met everyone else's family.

Heh, that's a funny thing to imagine. :lol: That's probably the grandmother he used to live with then, right? They both seemed very fond of each other. I remember reading Axl sent her flowers or fruit or something every month. And I also remember the grandma speaking very nicely about Axl.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl's relatives hated him when he revealed the abuse going on in the house to the whole world, in that interview with Rolling Stone.

Instead of being happy for his success, they rejected him and told him to fuck off. That's why he was so enraged, hated his mother, stepfather, uncles, etc. and by 1993 the Lebeis became his new family.

This rant from 1992 explains a big portion of the problem. It is one of the best Axl rants ever. 

Yeah. That rant was actually one of the first videos I ever saw of Axl, a long time ago. It always stuck with me and I guess it played a part in me becoming interested in Axl and GnR.

36 minutes ago, stella said:

It seems that Axl's siblings have really been there for him - that is a wonderful thing that the three of them have each other, even with all the other horrific shit they've dealt with concerning the rest of their family.

Yes, I always thought that was great as well. That's his sister, right? It's a really sweet picture.

Axl-Rose-si-Amy-bailey-sora-sa--in-2001.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, I always thought that was great as well. That's his sister, right? It's a really sweet picture.

Axl-Rose-si-Amy-bailey-sora-sa--in-2001.

It's very sweet, yes. At one of the Vegas shows there was a photo of her with Sebastian Bach, so they're still out there supporting their brother - so awesome. :)

In terms of the rest of Axl's family not supporting him and not protecting him from the abuse...it seems to happen that way so very often. I've heard of situations where a kid has accused a parent of abuse, and the other parent and siblings turn against them. So many folks seem to think that if there's someone in the family who is abusive or toxic, everyone's supposed to put up with them and ignore the abuse in the name of family unity. It is such bullshit, and it causes so much harm.

Aw come on girls, I only made that street bum comment because he looks a bit rough there in that picture. Less tidy than usual. Like I said, no harm meant.

1 hour ago, Kittiara said:

Wow ladies! So much to catch up on again! Love the pics, though, as always. Thanks. :heart:

I had such a weird day today. Weird in a positive way, thankfully!

Was standing outside of the supermarket, waiting for my taxi, and this huge guy's heading over. Looks at me. Looks at my t-shirt. Moved slightly out of his path and heads directly over to me, so I was a bit nervous. Then he smiles and says, "Your guy did well the other night."

It clicked, then, and I asked, "AC/DC?"

He said, "Aye."

So I said, "Your guy did well the other night."

And he smiled again, nodded, and headed into the supermarket.

I've never had anyone comment on a t-shirt of mine before! I was wearing a UYI one.

Then I went to the village shop a while later, as I'd forgotten a couple of things in town. There's a new guy working there. He looked at my shirt and asked me, "You like Guns N' Roses?"

I said yes, and asked him if he liked them, and we had a whole chat about how he wanted to go to the Axl/DC gig in Manchester, because he saw Axl on Youtube and his voice is excellent, but he couldn't because of the timing with Ramadan, what with food and drink. We also talked about how amazing Slash is, and how we both looked forward to seeing Guns N' Roses hopefully next year.

It was so nice! And unexpected. As said, I have never had anyone comment on a shirt of mine! Only time I got any sort of reaction was way back when I wore the Red Hot Chili Pepper sock t-shirt - that got the occasional laugh or look of sheer horror.

I think it goes to show that Axl is really winning people over. And that feels good. Our guy is indeed doing well.

I was asked about my shirt as well recently. I think you're right, it's a good sign :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/1ee615ec56905694e06bf858134019e3/tumblr_nomtkzfJUo1uts70po3_400.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/WAR_1976_3.jpg~original

If these other kids in the picture are supposed to be roughly Axl's age, then Axl really was TINY. 

Reminds me of when I was still in school. We also had one kid in gym class who looked like he hadn't gone through puberty yet, while everyone else already looked pretty grown up.

But unlike these guys in the picture, we were nice enough not to tape the little guy's mouth shut or stuff him in a locker.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Frey said:

If these other kids in the picture are supposed to be roughly Axl's age, then Axl really was TINY. 

Reminds me of when I was still in school. We also had one kid in gym class who looked like he hadn't gone through puberty yet, while everyone already looked pretty grown up.

But unlike these guys in the picture, we we were nice enough not to tape the little guy's mouth shut or stuff him in a locker.

We did too - there were a few boys who looked like they were ten or eleven when they started high school where I lived, as well. They didn't get harassed, but I would imagine that had to have been hard on self-esteem until they finally hit puberty and caught up with everyone else.

I think that is a high school photo of his track or cross country team, though. If it has all four grades, and it looks like it does, there's a real difference in age there between the kids - you could have freshmen who are 13 going on 14 next to seniors who are 18 and perhaps in some cases going on 19. I'm guessing that is the case. It looks like that one boy on the end of the front row is a little peanut too, and neither of them seem to have the track uniform, so I bet they were the newbie freshmen.

12 minutes ago, stella said:

We did too - there were a few boys who looked like they were ten or eleven when they started high school where I lived, as well. They didn't get harassed, but I would imagine that had to have been hard on self-esteem until they finally hit puberty and caught up with everyone else.

I think that is a high school photo of his track or cross country team, though. If it has all four grades, and it looks like it does, there's a real difference in age there between the kids - you could have freshmen who are 13 going on 14 next to seniors who are 18 and perhaps in some cases going on 19. I'm guessing that is the case. It looks like that one boy on the end of the front row is a little peanut too, and neither of them seem to have the track uniform, so I bet they were the newbie freshmen.

True about that being a track team. But if most of these kids are older than him, than that should have been even more reason for the coach to make sure he wasn't getting bullied by the older and stronger kids, instead of just watching it go on. I hate teachers who tolerate shit like this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

True about that being a track team. But if most of these kids are older than him, than that should have been even more reason for the coach to make sure he wasn't getting bullied by the older and stronger kids, instead of just watching it go on. I hate teachers who tolerate shit like this.

The coach in that track team picture actually appears in a youtube video, where he talks about the stuff you mentioned- the other kids taping Axl's mouth shut and stuffing him into lockers, etc. The guy doesn't seem overly bothered by that or seems to find it funny even. :max:

Typical PE teacher, I guess. Mine were all demons from hell too. :facepalm:

Also :facepalm: at Bob Guccione Jr.: "He's just a bad person!"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

I agree. They have a responsibility to make sure that the kids are safe on their watch.  In my experience, though, most teachers do jack shit when kids are bullied, even now when there's more awareness of how harmful it can be. I know of people who have had to pull their kids from school because they were being tormented so much. In my own school career I remember exactly one administrator who took things seriously and would act if she was alerted that something was going on.

57 minutes ago, stella said:

It's very sweet, yes. At one of the Vegas shows there was a photo of her with Sebastian Bach, so they're still out there supporting their brother - so awesome. :)

How are you girls sure that is his sister? It doesn't look nothing like her. :shrugs:

56 minutes ago, Frey said:

Reminds me of when I was still in school. We also had one kid in gym class who looked like he hadn't gone through puberty yet, while everyone else already looked pretty grown up.

But unlike these guys in the picture, we were nice enough not to tape the little guy's mouth shut or stuff him in a locker.

lol he's still tiny :heart:

Such a tiny little body for such a huge immense voice... :drool:

• Like 1