GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

At least Axl sounds good tonight, from the little I managed to listen.

I hope so, apparently it was really cold the last show and fairly cold the one before. The AC/DC he didn't do well at in Europe was also cold. Killuridols said it's hot tonight, maybe his voice is affected by the cold? 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
Hate iphone

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I hope so, apparently it was really cold the last show and fairly cold the one before. The AC/DC he didn't do well at in Europe was also cold. Killuridols said it's hot tonight, maybe his voice is affected by the cold? 

Yeah, maybe... his voice is a mystery. But tonight not only he sounds good, but he's singing Coma for @killuridols :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

54 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah I remember his voice was everywhere during the European tour with AC/DC on one or two shows where the weather was quite cold. So we know Axl's voice is always affected by cold weather.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Yeah I remember his voice was everywhere during the European tour with AC/DC on one or two shows where the weather was quite cold. So we know Axl's voice is always affected by cold weather.

Yeah maybe a bit, and he wasn't feeling well. wish they weren't doing stadiums and were in arenas then his voice wouldn't be as pushed. 

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well how strange to only have him play one song. I don't think we will se much more of Adler. 

I have a theory about this; I hope it isn't what happened. I'm not posting it on the show thread, because people there may take it as fact (as usual) and start bitching.

Maybe Axl was pissed off with Steven's YCBM video. I don't know if anyone else noticed that the video was deleted from youtube a day after it was posted here. Then, at the Santiago show, Axl said in the beginning of YCBM something like "it's a bit too late now", which didn't make sense :unsure:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I have a theory about this; I hope it isn't what happened. I'm not posting it on the show thread, because people there may take it as fact (as usual) and start bitching.

Maybe Axl was pissed off with Steven's YCBM video. I don't know if anyone else noticed that the video was deleted from youtube a day after it was posted here. Then, at the Santiago show, Axl said in the beginning of YCBM something like "it's a bit too late now", which didn't make sense :unsure:

You posted at the same time as me :lol:

I thought the same, Axl is pissed off!! Maybe he thinks Slash and Duff are in on it too. The hour delay is deliberate no doubt, to piss Slash and Duff off orrrrr they were arguing backstage about what Adler can play on and Axl is a big old meanie haha. 

I don't think he will be too thrilled with all the fan interaction either. But that's just my opinion. Basically we have an angry Axl uh oh...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I hate it when things turn out like this :wacko:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You posted at the same time as me :lol:

I thought the same, Axl is pissed off!! Maybe he thinks Slash and Duff are in on it too. The hour delay is deliberate no doubt, to piss Slash and Duff off orrrrr they were arguing backstage about what Adler can play on and Axl is a big old meanie haha. 

I don't think he will be too thrilled with all the fan interaction either. But that's just my opinion. Basically we have an angry Axl uh oh...

I really hope none of this happened and that there's another explanation. It sounded like a great show, it would be a pity if there was shit like this behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Just now, Jane M. said:

Whatever is going on, I don't understand why Steven is fine with this. Now he's down to 1 fucking song. WTF. 

He probably wasn't expecting that to be fair, he perhaps thinks Slash and Duff will get him more songs. On the NA tour it was said they asked for him to play SCOM. He probably thinks if he hangs in there Axl will let him play more. Axl has basically put his foot down in true Axl style. 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He probably wasn't expecting that to be fair, he perhaps thinks Slash and Duff will get him more songs. On the NA tour it was said they asked for him to play SCOM. He probably thinks if he hangs in there Axl will let him play more. Axl has basically put his foot down in true Axl style. 

I dare to say he's very naive then. The scopes were terrible tonight. I would love to know how was the interaction between the trio on this show. 

32 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I dare to say he's very naive then. The scopes were terrible tonight. I would love to know how was the interaction between the trio on this show. 

Maybe Steven just doesn't have the right kind of vibes coming off his forehead :lol:

I'm interested in their interactions too, probably not too much after OTGM lol

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@Rocketqueen76, @Frey, here are two quotes from the book I mentioned. Bryn Bridenthal was (is?) publicity head in Geffen. She was very close to the band, and seemingly to Axl in particular (maybe she still is).

The first one is about Kurt's death (Nirvana was also in Geffen) and Axl's reaction on it (something I've always wondered about):

axlkurt1.jpg

axlkurt2.jpg

It's strange that Axl felt such a strong connection with Kurt that he could come to the point to hurt himself. The fact that he liked Nirvana and that he maybe felt he had things in common with Kurt as a person isn't enough of an explanation; he barely knew him. I suspect that it had to do with Axl's beliefs in past lives and all that.

---------

The second quote is about Courtney Love. There was this bit in the 2000 RS article: 

After a shouting match with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love backstage at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards at UCLA's Pauley Pavillion, Axl told a friend that Love was trying to possess him. "He believes people are always trying to find a window through to control his energy," a friend says.

Here there's more about it:

axlcourtney1.jpg

axlcourtney2.jpg

This obviously has to do with the new age stuff. It seems that Axl was scared of her. I've been wondering if there was a back story between them. Courtney Love was a stripper in L.A. for some time and I remember reading her saying that one of the reasons Kurt hated Axl was the stories from strip clubs she was telling him.

Thank you for posting these, those are definitely new to me as well.

I am absolutely baffled that she would be so worried about Axl hurting himself over Kurt Cobain's death. You're right, what you describe isn't enough of an explanation. Past life thing... maybe, but that'd still be incredibly weird and "a bit" of an over-reaction.

I guess it also depends what she means by hurting himself. Self-harming behavior? Suicide attempts? Destroying furniture and hurting himself in the process? Taking drugs?  Though all of these seem way too extreme to me considering their (non-)relationship.

Not too long ago I was talking to @killuridols and @Andy14 about Axl cutting himself with razor blades. Supposedly he stopped doing that because he didn't want to be left with scars and figured it was better to destroy his stuff instead of his body, but maybe he didn't completely stop that kind of thing and Bryn Bridenthal was worried about something along these lines? Or something similiar to the incident where he swallowed an entire bottle of pills during a fight with Erin?

No matter what though, I can't really wrap my head around it. This is one of these stories that seem to indicate that Axl might be way more messed up than we tend to think even.

As for the second story, I don't even know what to say to that one. So Axl can magically tell if people are fucking Courtney Love? :lol: Uhm, interesting skill to have, I guess...

And why does he need vibe sniffers if he's so talented at this himself

----------------------------------

@killuridols Are you still alive? Did you get to eat Axl's ass? Inquiring minds want to know :ph34r:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, yeah, that would make sense if it was a comment regarding Steven and him wanting to play this song.

I bet that's not gone down too well with Slash and Duff. Let's see, Axl was an hour late, then decided not to sing My Michelle, I think Axl is being spiteful about something and he doesn't want to be in the band hotel cos Adler is there.

I have to say it actually crossed my mind as soon as we learned Adler is staying at the Four Seasons. All in all it makes sense - Axl pissed about the YCBM video seeing it as Steven trying to force something upon him, Axl not wanting Steven there but compromising due to the pressure from the promoter and maybe also Slash and Duff, Axl pissed as usual for having to compromise and moving out to another hotel to stay away form Steven and also coming on stage an hour late to show'em all who's the boss here, as he used to do in the past... Well, let's hope it's not the case but makes some sense indeed.

Well I guess that that's what forums are for - analyzing, discussing, overanalyzing again, speculating, trying to draw better or worse conclusions from some limited data, in a negative way, in a positive way, whatever. It's hard to actually only scream on a message board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asia said:

Well, yeah, that would make sense if it was a comment regarding Steven and him wanting to play this song.

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I bet that's not gone down too well with Slash and Duff. Let's see, Axl was an hour late, then decided not to sing My Michelle, I think Axl is being spiteful about something and he doesn't want to be in the band hotel cos Adler is there.

I have to say it actually crossed my mind as soon as we learned Adler is staying at the Four Seasons. All in all it makes sense - Axl pissed about the YCBM video seeing it as Steven trying to force something upon him, Axl not wanting Steven there but compromising due to the pressure from the promoter and maybe also Slash and Duff, Axl pissed as usual for having to compromise and moving out to another hotel to stay away form Steven and also coming on stage an hour late to show'em all who's the boss here, as he used to do in the past... Well, let's hope it's not the case but makes some sense indeed.

According to reports from people who attended the show (see show thread), Slash started playing Wish You Were Here immediately after OTGM and Axl didn't say again "L & G, Mr. Steven Adler"  like he had done the other times when Steven finished his guest spot (EDIT: Wrong. He did say it. I just watched the video). The whole thing seemed forced and Steven looked surprised. Maybe they did it as a warning for him not to "cross the line".

They also say Slash was in a very good mood, he was jumping around all the time and he even sang his "...the girls have big titties" chorus on PC :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

@Blackstar Thanks, fascinating stuff. I'll comment on these later.

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@MillionsOfSpiders How do we know they were late becuase of Axl? I only saw they were late in the concert thread and assumed it was a crowd thing again.

Either way, Sluff didn't seem to be pissed at Axl. According to reviews they were in a great mood last night (lol at Slash singing the "original" chorus of PC and grabbing his man boobs. Must have learned that move from Axl). So I think things might be fine after all.

If @Blackstars theory is correct though, I bet you're right and Axl thinks Slash and Duff are in on it too. Remember he is one paranoid little fucker (as evidenced by stories like the ones about his contacts going missing before the contract signing, etc.), bordering on delusional. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's got some whacky little conspiracy theory going on in his mind about Sluff teaming up with Steven, etc. In that case I'd figure he's staying in his own hotel because he's upset or simply pouting :lol:

7 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Whatever is going on, I don't understand why Steven is fine with this. Now he's down to 1 fucking song. WTF. 

Because Steven is an idiot and also the only innocent one with noble motives in this mess. He's truly just happy to be there with the fans and to play music with his "friends".

Izzy, Slash, Duff and Axl would never let themselves be treated the way they treat Steven so they walk all over him. He's like a dumb puppy, happy to receive scraps of affection (and money) and willing to do anything for it.

18 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Btw. I should stop reading this forum, the overall negativity really makes me sad and leaves a bitter feeling after a great show. I'm really starting to believe that Axl is responsible for famine and wars and no matter what the US election result will be, it will definitely be Axl's fault... I should go back to be just a casual fan, just enjoying their music, screaming out loud to it, looking forward to their show, having the best time of my life when I attend the show. That's what music should be about. Only this. Not trying to speculate why Steven isn't a full member, why Axl sounds weird in third phrase of the tenth song, why Slash never hangs out with Axl, or why Izzy's avocados are dying just because he isn't part of the band.

Don't let it get to you so much. In the end it's just people discussing, bitching and whining on a message board. Completely irrelevant in the grander scheme of things. We're all just wasting our time here.

Though I understand what you're feeling. All the constant negativity everywhere nearly makes me feel defensive about Axl (and the other two to some extent) and that's not a feeling I thought I'd ever have lol. I've accepted long ago that Axl is not a normal person and is affected by a million issues, so I'm not surprised when he doesn't act like people expect him to.

And I don't particularly care if Steven or Frank is drumming, so I'm not really upset about that either. I just think they're being shitty to Steven. And being shitty to Steven is like kicking a puppy (to keep with that comparison). Same goes for Axl when he's bouncy and friendly and Slash and Duff ignore him or never spend time with him. Only one song for Steven, no re-enactment hug for Axl... that's throwing smaller breadcrumbs instead of bigger ones. But nothing we can do about it anyway, so better to just enjoy the discussion for the sake of discussing and let the rest roll off your shoulders.

• Like 3

About Axl hurting Himself with razor blade N' pills where I could read tht, Axl's sensitive Guy, I know I shouldnt have said this but I'm glad He didnt ended like Kurt. 

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

As for the second story, I don't even know what to say to that one. So Axl can magically tell if people are fucking Courtney Love?  Uhm, interesting skill to have, I guess...

And why does he need vibe sniffers if he's so talented at this himself

:rofl-lol:

Slash can't cheating anymore :rofl-lol:

Tht pic of Axl with flag, on wht song I could see it *Feel bad cause I never watch Their shows anymore after April show except if theres any cute moments*