GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

@Frey I said I didn't think it was a crowd problem because i was reading updates from people who were in the stadium on the GnR South America Twitter and Facebook, and another one I don't remember. They were saying they couldn't understand what the delay as everyone was in, they could be wrong though. 

I like the other theory in the show thread though that the promoter demanded that they have Adler with them and they cut him short as a fuck you to them, that makes a lot of sense.I don't know, I think it's very cruel what they did to Steven, why bother with him then? And fans who want to see him got shit on.  Would it kill them to let him play more? And then to put him all over their social media like he's in the band :facepalm:

I'm sorry but reading it at the time was really saddening, to be honest I couldn't care less if Adler is at shows I go to, I don't want to see him just pedalled out for one song. Spinal tap moments are no thanks from me.

BTW those people on Twitter who said there was no good reason for the delay, say they spoke to Steven and he told them he's only going to be in Argentina, not Brazil. We'll see. I don't think It will sit well with Axl though, Adler going round actually telling us what's happening. That's what I mean by fan interaction too. I should have made that clear, but I was at work and busy inbetween. I'll be there again tonight so I'll just read and not post this time :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Btw. I should stop reading this forum, the overall negativity really makes me sad and leaves a bitter feeling after a great show. I'm really starting to believe that Axl is responsible for famine and wars and no matter what the US election result will be, it will definitely be Axl's fault... I should go back to be just a casual fan, just enjoying their music, screaming out loud to it, looking forward to their show, having the best time of my life when I attend the show. That's what music should be about. Only this. Not trying to speculate why Steven isn't a full member, why Axl sounds weird in third phrase of the tenth song, why Slash never hangs out with Axl, or why Izzy's avocados are dying just because he isn't part of the band.

I find it funny that Axl is being indicated as the only culprit by some, while it's clear to me it's not the case, it is kinda bullshit that Steven played only on one song, but the big three are all together in the jerkiness, i'm thinking of the time Susan talked with that journo and she was attached for what some took as saying Duff was the only one resolving problems on tour and she clarified saying it was a team effort or the all ChiDem songs debacle or the fact that if one of the problems that lead to the break-up was Axl being a control freak, why would they accept to come back and be good little dollies to Axl when they have  successful solo careers? 

like @Blackstar said, Slash was visibly happy and Duff seemed fine too, it isn't a case of Evil Axl dictating things to poor Sluff. They're together in this.

(don't let anyone diminish your love for the band, we're just nobody speculating, we know very little, remember that this is just that speculating in our free time)

About the interesting snippets shared by @Blackstar maybe Axl felt a connection to Kurt because he identified with Cobain? As in, they both had a "difficult" childhood (yes, Axl had surely a more difficult one) they had mental health problems (depression) and music was their saving grace but Kurt killed himself, maybe he was afraid this was the trajectory of his life too? About Courtney Love, maybe he just thought her aura was negative so she was bad and he avoided her, just new-age bullshit, people that believe in it also believe that aura "says" what kind of person you are.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

to be honest I couldn't care less if Adler is at shows I go to, I don't want to see him just pedalled out for one song.

This.

I've never bitched (to my best recollection) about Steven not playing on some shows.

But what they (I also don't put the blame on Axl alone) did there was awful. To add fuel to the fire, Steven himself looked baffled when Slash started playing WYWH. Doesn't that say something? It's clearly pretty humiliating for Steven if you ask me. I truly sympathize with him in this debacle. 

Though I'm willing to give the band the benefit of the doubt if they were to come up with a plausible and logical explanation as to why that decision was made (for the best of the band).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Frey I said I didn't think it was a crowd problem because i was reading updates from people who were in the stadium on the GnR South America Twitter and Facebook, and another one I don't remember. They were saying they couldn't understand what the delay as everyone was in, they could be wrong though. 

I like the other theory in the show thread though that the promoter demanded that they have Adler with them and they cut him short as a fuck you to them, that makes a lot of sense.I don't know, I think it's very cruel what they did to Steven, why bother with him then? And fans who want to see him got shit on.  Would it kill them to let him play more? And then to put him all over their social media like he's in the band :facepalm:

I'm sorry but reading it at the time was really saddening, to be honest I couldn't care less if Adler is at shows I go to, I don't want to see him just pedalled out for one song. Spinal tap moments are no thanks from me.

BTW those people on Twitter who said there was no good reason for the delay, say they spoke to Steven and he told them he's only going to be in Argentina, not Brazil. We'll see. I don't think It will sit well with Axl though, Adler going round actually telling us what's happening. That's what I mean by fan interaction too. I should have made that clear, but I was at work and busy inbetween. I'll be there again tonight so I'll just read and not post this time :lol:

Ah okay, I only read the concert thread and nothing else. And like I said, I think they're being shitty to him too. I'm just not really personally upset about Steven not playing more like some people seem to be in the other thread.

I think the circle of shitty treatment works like this:

Axl, Slash, Duff (and Izzy, if rumors are to be believed): Treat Steven like shit

Axl, Slash and Duff: Treat Izzy like shit

Slash and Duff: Treat Axl like shit

Izzy: Treats the fans like shit because he won't just do it out of the goodness of his heart like Steven does

I agree with @nonok, they're as dysfunctional as ever, though in a colder, more clinical way, yes.

21 minutes ago, giuls said:

I find it funny that Axl is being indicated as the only culprit by some, while it's clear to me it's not the case, it is kinda bullshit that Steven played only on one song, but the big three are all together in the jerkiness, i'm thinking of the time Susan talked with that journo and she was attached for what some took as saying Duff was the only one resolving problems and she clarified saying it was a team effort or the all ChiDem songs debacle or the fact that if one of the problems that lead to the break-up was Axl being a control freak, why would they accept to come back and be good little dollies to Axl when they have a successful solo careers? 

like @Blackstar said, Slash was visibly happy and Duff seemed fine too, it isn't the case of Evil Axl dictating things to poor Sluff. They're together in this.

(don't let anyone diminish your love for the band, we're just nobody speculating, we know very little, remember that this is just that speculating in our free time)

About the interesting snippets shared by @Blackstar maybe Axl felt a connection to Kurt because he identified with Cobain? As in, they both had a "difficult" childhood (yes, Axl had surely a more difficult one) they had mental health problems (depression) and music was their saving grace but Kurt killed himself, maybe he was afraid this was the trajectory of his life too? About Courtney Love, maybe he just thought her aura was negative so she was bad and he avoided her, just new-age bullshit, people that believe in it also believe that aura "says" what kind of person are you.

4 minutes ago, nonok said:

I completely agree. It definitely takes a toll on you when you read 90% negative stuff about the band you love, so I try to skip over all the bitching and moaning and overanalyzing. Well, to be fair, said bitching and moaning is due not to a lack of reasons. GNR are as dysfunctional as ever, it seems, though in a different way. More subtle, colder than in the 90s.

As for the Axl Pose thing, like a few others said - his tour life is luxurious, over-the-top and grandiose, while his everyday life is more normal than any other rockstar. He's private and reclusive because he's extremely sensitive, delusionally so even, so that's why he strays from the rest of the band. There's more to him than meets the eye (and the Women's Thread analysis) and I believe that spiritual stuff actually does have some truth to it. I think super sensitive people have the subconscious ability to sense these sorts of "vibes" because they accept them into themselves so fully (which in turn leads to negativity and positivity affecting them so much). He's more than likely afraid his bandmates/normal people won't understand him and will make fun of him if he shares his innermost thoughts with them.

The survivor lifestyle concept is absolutely true imo. His entire childhood and young adulthood was spent in misery, betrayal, disappointment and poverty, so now that he's pulled through he just wants to play it safe, to enjoy the money he's made, to show that he feels he deserves all the praise, cash and fame. It's a Slash-like Devil-may-care attitude, but just expressed differently (Slaxl basically have the same attitude, they're like two sides of a magnet :heart:), and I respect that. Reminds me of Atlas.

The fact that he's such an enigma and no matter what he does we can't figure him out is probably why we all still defend him so much and root for him despite all the shit in his head and in his world. So let's not hate this wonderful, weird and insane creature without knowing what's really going on in his head. We all love him deep down inside... More often than not in some other places as well. :lol:

I've long since stopped hating Axl. These days I mostly feel empathy for him and find him kind of interesting to watch and analyze. He's a mess and difficult as hell, but as far as human beings go, he seems decent enough these days and not like a person actually deserving my hate.

@nonok I agree he's probably afraid of people thinking he's crazy, but at the same time I also can't really believe in what you described.

What Bryn Bridenthal talked about there would indicate Axl actually having some kind of psychic ability. This wasn't just some random blablabla about auras and shit, it's Axl supposedly feeling "Courtney Love energy" clinging to another, apparently unrelated human being. And then being right about it because the dude was fucking Courtney and therefore had some of her energy presumably sticking to her.

That's a bit too crazy for me. I think it's much more likely that Axl was told by someone else that the guy was fucking Courtney Love now and when he appeared in the studio he made a bitchy "Fuck off, you smell like Courtney" comment to the guy because he didn't want to see him (since he believed everything/everyone associated with Courtney was bad for him).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

GNR news report on Czech TV a while ago: "The fans are happy cause their favourite band's been touring the world for several months now. Yesterday's show in Buenos Aires attended almost 15 thousand people. Als (understand Axl), Slash and Duff are doing great, even though Axl's recent performance with ACDC was rather embarrassing." Well...:unsure:

Btw. I should stop reading this forum, the overall negativity really makes me sad and leaves a bitter feeling after a great show. I'm really starting to believe that Axl is responsible for famine and wars and no matter what the US election result will be, it will definitely be Axl's fault... I should go back to be just a casual fan, just enjoying their music, screaming out loud to it, looking forward to their show, having the best time of my life when I attend the show. That's what music should be about. Only this. Not trying to speculate why Steven isn't a full member, why Axl sounds weird in third phrase of the tenth song, why Slash never hangs out with Axl, or why Izzy's avocados are dying just because he isn't part of the band.

Anyway, here's a picture for you:

gnrbuenos.jpg

Best comment! My thoughts. Blaming Axl for everything will never end.

54 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

This.

I've never bitched (to my best recollection) about Steven not playing on some shows.

But what they (I also don't put the blame on Axl alone) did there was awful. To add fuel to the fire, Steven himself looked baffled when Slash started playing WYWH. Doesn't that say something? It's clearly pretty humiliating for Steven if you ask me. I truly sympathize with him in this debacle. 

Though I'm willing to give the band the benefit of the doubt if they were to come up with a plausible and logical explanation as to why that decision was made (for the best of the band).

Well I just watched the OTGM video and Axl sounds a bit helium to me, I'm going to say that's why they knocked My Michelle on the head. :( I think vocal issues is understandable at this point. 

They could still have let him play other songs, but that's his section and I don't think they've practiced any plan b with Steven. Sucks for him and us, but I feel it wouldnt have done Axls voice any good to do My Michelle. 

Of course this is just my opinion. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well I just watched the OTGM video and Axl sounds a bit helium to me, I'm going to say that's why they knocked My Michelle on the head too. :( I think vocal issues is understandable at this point. 

They could still have let him play other songs, but that's his section and I don't think they've practiced any plan b with Steven. Sucks for him and us, but I feel it wouldnt have done Axls voice any good to do My Michelle. 

If that's the case, if that was truly the reason, of course it's not fair making Steven play on songs that he had never rehearsed, impromptu kinda thing that will result in a disaster for the band. So I would understand that. 

31 minutes ago, Frey said:

That's a bit too crazy for me. I think it's much more likely that Axl was told by someone else that the guy was fucking Courtney Love now and when he appeared in the studio he made a bitchy "Fuck off, you smell like Courtney" comment to the guy because he didn't want to see him (since he believed everything/everyone associated with Courtney was bad for him).

Maybe you're right, maybe they interpreted what Axl said as that because he was so weird in his beliefs then that they came to expect and read things from him in a certain way.

27 minutes ago, hair of the dog said:

Best comment! My thoughts. Blaming Axl for everything will never end.

I'm actually really interest in why only blaming Axl now, not wanting to admit that Sluff can be jerks too?  Force of habits because during nuGNR he was the only one deciding? I don't get it and i would like to because i'm genuinely puzzled.

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well I just watched the OTGM video and Axl sounds a bit helium to me, I'm going to say that's why they knocked My Michelle on the head. :( I think vocal issues is understandable at this point. 

Maybe you're right, sometimes it feels like he's straining himself a little, if we believe Gibbo the reason he didn't take the plane was because of a doctor's appointment.

Here's something from the concert thread, from a review of somebody who attended the show: "They were a bit late because we were getting crushed right in front of the vip section"

@Frey, @giuls, @nonok, @hair of the dog, @Italian girl thanks for the replies. I really try not to be influenced by the negativity, but sometimes it's not that easy haha. It was clear that the hype of the reunion or whatever it is would come to an end one day, but I hadn't thought it would be so soon. Of course I would like to see Steven playing more songs and Izzy joining them, but they may get there, we don't know what can happen. Everything is possible with this band. They can call it quits tomorrow or they can do the AFD reunion. This band has always been a mess and that's what we kinda like, right? 

As for Axl, I don't hold any ideals about him, but all the blaming makes me wanna give him a big hug. Of course, he lives in his own bubble (I kind of understand that he doesn't wanna meet people when "everything is his fault"), but the same can be said about Slash, Duff and their wives. They also give me the impression that it is not easy to get into their circle. I might be completely wrong, of course. I really, really wish the band hung out more together, it could make a big difference in the end.

On the positive side. I've watched some videos from the River Plate and I really like this Don't Cry. The crowd singing along with Axl, so that you can barely hear him, that's what the show is all about. I'm sure the people had the best times of their lives, @killuridols included :headbang:(fashion police footnote: horrible hat, horrible jacket, but NO shirt :ph34r:)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

@nonok I agree he's probably afraid of people thinking he's crazy, but at the same time I also can't really believe in what you described.

What Bryn Bridenthal talked about there would indicate Axl actually having some kind of psychic ability. This wasn't just some random blablabla about auras and shit, it's Axl supposedly feeling "Courtney Love energy" clinging to another, apparently unrelated human being. And then being right about it because the dude was fucking Courtney and therefore had some of her energy presumably sticking to her.

To each their own, Slaxl king, sir. :lol: Although I should clarify I don't think he has any psycho "powers" or whatever, I just think the fact that he's so sensitive makes him able to "sense" things more deeply, like a 6th sense or intuition, call it what you will.

Then again, who knows, those regression therapies may have turned him into a power ranger. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Okay, this...

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@Rocketqueen76, @Frey, here are two quotes from the book I mentioned. Bryn Bridenthal was (is?) publicity head in Geffen. She was very close to the band, and seemingly to Axl in particular (maybe she still is).

The first one is about Kurt's death (Nirvana was also in Geffen) and Axl's reaction on it (something I've always wondered about):

axlkurt1.jpg

axlkurt2.jpg

It's strange that Axl felt such a strong connection with Kurt that he could come to the point to hurt himself. The fact that he liked Nirvana and that he maybe felt he had things in common with Kurt as a person isn't enough of an explanation; he barely knew him. I suspect that it had to do with Axl's beliefs in past lives and all that.

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Thank you for posting these, those are definitely new to me as well.

I am absolutely baffled that she would be so worried about Axl hurting himself over Kurt Cobain's death. You're right, what you describe isn't enough of an explanation. Past life thing... maybe, but that'd still be incredibly weird and "a bit" of an over-reaction.

I guess it also depends what she means by hurting himself. Self-harming behavior? Suicide attempts? Destroying furniture and hurting himself in the process? Taking drugs?  Though all of these seem way too extreme to me considering their (non-)relationship.

Not too long ago I was talking to @killuridols and @Andy14 about Axl cutting himself with razor blades. Supposedly he stopped doing that because he didn't want to be left with scars and figured it was better to destroy his stuff instead of his body, but maybe he didn't completely stop that kind of thing and Bryn Bridenthal was worried about something along these lines? Or something similiar to the incident where he swallowed an entire bottle of pills during a fight with Erin?

No matter what though, I can't really wrap my head around it. This is one of these stories that seem to indicate that Axl might be way more messed up than we tend to think even.

As for the second story, I don't even know what to say to that one. So Axl can magically tell if people are fucking Courtney Love? :lol: Uhm, interesting skill to have, I guess...

And why does he need vibe sniffers if he's so talented at this himself

... is just bizarre.

I can't wrap my head around Axl potentially reacting like that to Kurt Cobain's death either.

Maybe Bryn Bridenthal was also over-estimating just how sensitive and emotionally unstable Axl is. Or she knows what she's talking about, in which case... urgh. How did they ever dare to leave him out of their sight?

Also what? Axl used to self-harm with razor blades?

First time I've heard that.

God, what a messed up kid he must have been. Shit like that nearly makes me go all Sinead O'Connor too. And I look nothing like Sinead O'Connor :lol:

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The second quote is about Courtney Love. There was this bit in the 2000 RS article: 

After a shouting match with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love backstage at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards at UCLA's Pauley Pavillion, Axl told a friend that Love was trying to possess him. "He believes people are always trying to find a window through to control his energy," a friend says.

Here there's more about it:

axlcourtney1.jpg

axlcourtney2.jpg

This obviously has to do with the new age stuff. It seems that Axl was scared of her. I've been wondering if there was a back story between them. Courtney Love was a stripper in L.A. for some time and I remember reading her saying that one of the reasons Kurt hated Axl was the stories from strip clubs she was telling him.

I already commented on this in my reply to @nonok, but yeah, WTF :lol:

Special abilities indigo child Axl starts now.

This story also reminds me of Axl getting upset about Buckethead's disgusting porn, because he didn't want to have these vibes in the studio either.

And strip club stories? What? Never heard about this.

Edited by Frey

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

To each their own, Slaxl king, sir. :lol: Although I should clarify I don't think he has any psycho "powers" or whatever, I just think the fact that he's so sensitive makes him able to "sense" things more deeply, like a 6th sense or intuition, call it what you will.

Then again, who knows, those regression therapies may have turned him into a power ranger. :ph34r:

"Slaxl king, sir" WTH :P

I do believe in intuition and things like that and I also believe that Axl is very sensitive in a lot of ways, but that particular story just stretches the limits of my imagination.

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Maybe you're right, maybe they interpreted what Axl said as that because he was so weird in his beliefs then that they came to expect and read things from him in a certain way.

I'm actually really interest in why only blaming Axl now, not wanting to admit that Sluff can be jerks too?  Force of habits because during nuGNR he was the only one deciding? I don't get it and i would like to because i'm genuinely puzzled.

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking.

I don't really get it either. Going by everything I've heard, I get the impression Slash at least can be a huge asshole too. And Duff's shiny reputation has become a bit less shiny too recently.

19 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

As for Axl, I don't hold any ideals about him, but all the blaming makes me wanna give him a big hug. Of course, he lives in his own bubble (I kind of understand that he doesn't wanna meet people when "everything is his fault"), but the same can be said about Slash, Duff and their wives. They also give me the impression that it is not easy to get into their circle. I might be completely wrong, of course. I really, really wish the band hung out more together, it could make a big difference in the end.

The more people bitch and whine about Axl, the more sorry I feel for him. I'm contrary like that.

Axl reminds me a lot of my ex-girlfriend in some ways. She was very sensitive too and took everything to heart. Remarks other people would barely register would hurt her and be on her mind for days (or longer). I'm not like that at all personally, but I know some people are and they can't exactly help it. So I don't really like adding to that pressure Axl feels, especially when it's usually based on nothing but speculation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Frey Courtney Love says Axl and the rest of the GnR guys treated the strippers disgustingly. They abused them in any way they could. According to Courtney. 

Well, I don't like Courtney very much, but that wouldn't surprise me at all, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Queue up :max: :P. We can take turns :hug:. And I'm sure that @Frey would be queue-jumping just to comfort our boy first :wub::smiley-confused2:

Don't worry, I'll leave all the kissing and cuddling to you guys :lol:

I'd like to sit down and have a beer with him though. I'd even try to be nice about all of his weird ass beliefs.

On 3.11.2016 at 4:53 PM, starlight said:

The girls were just an excuse for Axl and Slash to be in bed together without looking gay

Judging by the number of likes you got for this, this must be the truth ;)

On 3.11.2016 at 8:08 PM, Tori72 said:

I really don't think TB or anyone could have that much power over him to prevent him from having a real and loving relationship. A man who was this opinioated in the 80ies and 90ies, wouldn't take anyones shit and do whatever he wanted? No. I reckon that is what he wants: young models or escorts or whoever he is dating or making out with. After the realtionshops he has had in his 20ies and early 30ies he seems to have given up on that.

Maybe he is too depressed or too mentally unstable to hold on to a relationship - maybe he is just one of those bachelors who prefers living single.

Or maybe it is because he is secretly yearning for Slash who seems to have one longish relationship with a woman/wife after the other.... Who knows :)  

The bolded is definitely a possibility, but personally I think you're severely underestimating the power TB have over him.

There are quite a lot of people here who are highly suspicious of TB (me among them, so my opinion is admittedly biased).

Quoting myself because the TB issue comes up a lot and I already made a TB reference post once for somebody else once. The first post on the list by @Lumikki is a long list of all the shady shit TB have pulled and that's not even everything. So that's basicaly why I don't trust them at all.

On 14.9.2016 at 3:35 PM, Frey said:

Here's a great post by @Lumikki (and @killuridols) about the issue. It has a summary at the end of most of the shit TB have pulled Click

Here are two great posts by @MillionsOfSpiders about what Marc Canter said. Click 1 and Click 2

Here is a post by me with links to abusive messages Beta sent to a mod and admitting they block Axl from knowing things Click

Another post by me Click

More great posts by @Blackstar and @giuls Click and Click

And these are just the ones that caught my eye while quickly scrolling through the posts on that topic. Please feel free to read the entire discussion surrounding these posts.

Also, since this whole issue was brought up again, I recently came upon a quote by Marc Canter in another forum that hasn't been posted here before:

Q: "Marc another question since Beta and her family are so close to Axl has anyone tried to speak to them about getting professional help for Axl? Surely they must be aware of his nature and are concerned."

M: "I have told Beta many times, but nothing ever gets done. She thinks it's all Slash's fault. I told her it's not about who's fault it is, it's about how to deal with it and move on."

:rolleyes::facepalm:

So Marc has literally told them to get Axl some real help, but they don't/didn't because "it's all Slash's fault".

You can't make this shit up.

And what Marc is saying here is exactly what I was saying in one of my posts I linked to. They encouraged his hatred for Slash and other people to the detriment of Axl's well-being, even going so far as refusing to get him actual professional help.

This makes me think the story about Axl wanting to check himself into a psychiatric hospital in 2002, but TB stopping him from doing so is likely true as well.

Sounds like them, going by what Marc says.

• Like 2

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-11-05/archive-guns-n-roses-self-destruction-blues

Niven had been fired as GN’R manager the year before, but “when the riot went down, Iz [Izzy Stradlin] was over to my place in a heartbeat for a brown bag containing my .357 Magnum and beaucoup ammo. After the riot I bought him a gas-powered 12-gauge shotgun used by the LA SWAT teams. That’s a serious piece of ordinance. I took him to the gun club to teach him how to use it. The target basically dissolves in a rapid-fire hail of slugs. I ask him: ‘Feel safer now?’ ‘Yeah Niv,’ he says, with a big grin on his face.

Izzy is more paranoid N' dangerous than Axl 

• Like 1

@Frey I don't like Courtney either, but she is very popular on the LA scene. She's very much a socialite who's always posting pictures of herself with the celebrities of the moment. She's part of that Jenner/Kardashian shit that Axl seems to be in with too. Courtney and Axls paths have more than likely crossed much more than we know over all these years, and he does right to be a bit afraid of her, I think Courtney could take Axl on  :lol:

• Like 1