GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

17 minutes ago, Frey said:

Though I think he probably saw a kindred spirit or something at first in Cobain and then became bitter when Cobain publically snubbed him.

especially what with his then ideas of soulmates or whatever. might have been into the concept of dramatic unions.

17 minutes ago, Frey said:

Btw, Bryn Bridenthal is a woman and I'm not sure if I'd really call her a friend.

well, didn't mean to imply 'friend' as in Friend. figured that's what you call someone fairly involved with you, in english. if somebody knows enough about you to feel able to sense potential shifts in your mental state and feel justified in trying to handle them, you might kinda file them under the 'friend' category.

although, if the only reason she did that was because it was her responsibility as an employee, then yeah. therapists aren't your friends etc. etc.

Edited by tiutso

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah, that's how he came to his autism "diagnosis". He also mentioned something about Axl having terrible stage fright and suffering from anxiety issues iirc, which I can believe, but these things don't necessarily have anything to do with autism either.

I don't remember the context anymore in which the bisexual thing came up, but it was pretty random. They might have been talking about songs. I remember Niven asking something like "Who is the Rocket Queen really?" during his musings on Axl's sexuality. He also commented on the tiny shorts and feather boas. Personally, (after reading this entire thread) I could see Axl being bisexual (or at least having a weird, obsessive thing for Slash), but to claim that based on the clothes he wore on stage is ridiculous.

The fact that he even needs to bring these kinds of things up at this point just makes me think he's either harboring a lot of bad feelings towards Axl (and maybe other members of the band?) or he doesn't like the fact that he's not their manager anymore. But regardless of how he feels, no good ever comes from spreading things like that around, especially if those things aren't true. 

The simple truth of the matter is he's NOT Axl's manager anymore, and so whatever he feels is "wrong" with Axl is really not for him to say anymore. When exactly did all these "assessments" come to light? Was it before or after the reunion? Maybe he's just trying to keep himself relevant in the GNR world.

3 hours ago, Frey said:

I agree with the first half of what you wrote, but I still can't wrap my head around the second bit. Probably because I find it difficult to even call what they had a relationship, antagonistic or not. They traded a couple of barbs over the media and ran into each other two or three times maybe? People I've known much better than that have commited suicide or died suddenly and I wasn't overly affected by that, except for the general feeling of surprise and mild sadness you get when an acquaintance dies unexpectedly.

But like you said, Axl is not an emotionally stable or normal person, so it probably was a good idea by Bryn Bridenthal to check and make sure.

Plus, when you have a person talking about someone else you are only getting that person's perspective and not necessarily what was really happening. Even more so when it is about determining what another person is thinking/feeling. When something tragic happens people generally will see how that relates to them. Either a "that could have been me" or "that could have been someone important to me".

Bryn Bridethal could have simply reacted to Cobain's death with "that could easily have been Axl". And it could have been. Axl has attempted suicide before. She worried how he may react to it as people do react badly to things like that. Whether Axl was actually in that place or not is irrelevant.

As Bryn Bridethal had said, she had long deep conversation with Axl a lot. I get the impression (which could be wrong of course) that a long deep conversation with Axl isn't anything special. That Axl could have a long deep conversation with a dog (or twainwreck as Slash called it). So, to Axl, it is possible that phone call wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He may not have cared at all Kurt Cobain died, it may have affected him deeply, or somewhere in between.

However, with how sensitive Axl is, I'd guess he probably related to it and it did affect him in some manner.

20 minutes ago, Kara said:

The fact that he even needs to bring these kinds of things up at this point just makes me think he's either harboring a lot of bad feelings towards Axl (and maybe other members of the band?) or he doesn't like the fact that he's not their manager anymore. But regardless of how he feels, no good ever comes from spreading things like that around, especially if those things aren't true. 

The simple truth of the matter is he's NOT Axl's manager anymore, and so whatever he feels is "wrong" with Axl is really not for him to say anymore. When exactly did all these "assessments" come to light? Was it before or after the reunion? Maybe he's just trying to keep himself relevant in the GNR world.

I think most of the things I mentioned are from rather recent interviews. 2014-2016 time span. The satanic ACDC thing and the autism thing being more recent I than the bisexual thing.

And yes, Alan Niven is bitter about not being ther manager anymore and he especially doesn't like Axl because Axl was the one who replaced Niven with Goldstein basically (Niven loooves Izzy and Slash though. Axl can do nothing right in his eyes, but these two he tends to praise to the high heavens). Axl and Niven never got along and as soon as he could, Axl got rid of him. According to Niven, his big mistake was hiring the wrong "babysitters" for Axl. He hired Doug Goldstein as Axl's babysitter, but Doug Goldstein instead manipulated Axl and messed with his mind so as to convince him to get rid of Niven and make him manager instead.

17 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Plus, when you have a person talking about someone else you are only getting that person's perspective and not necessarily what was really happening. Even more so when it is about determining what another person is thinking/feeling. When something tragic happens people generally will see how that relates to them. Either a "that could have been me" or "that could have been someone important to me".

Bryn Bridethal could have simply reacted to Cobain's death with "that could easily have been Axl". And it could have been. Axl has attempted suicide before. She worried how he may react to it as people do react badly to things like that. Whether Axl was actually in that place or not is irrelevant.

As Bryn Bridethal had said, she had long deep conversation with Axl a lot. I get the impression (which could be wrong of course) that a long deep conversation with Axl isn't anything special. That Axl could have a long deep conversation with a dog (or twainwreck as Slash called it). So, to Axl, it is possible that phone call wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He may not have cared at all Kurt Cobain died, it may have affected him deeply, or somewhere in between.

However, with how sensitive Axl is, I'd guess he probably related to it and it did affect him in some manner.

Agreed on the first two paragraphs.

Also think you're right about Axl being able to have long deep conversations with anyone or anything. He loves to talk, and as Robert John confirmed in the video posted earlier, Axl will constantly talk about the things that upset him or hurt him, which automatically lends itself to "deep" conversations then.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes TB, it's hard to figure out what's best to think of that isn't it? On the one hand it's not really our business and it's Axls life and im happy to know he has people he loves. 

On the other hand it's a cold hard fact they control every aspect of his life, including his finances and Guns N' Roses, and those last two are what ring alarm bells.

Were the leaked emails mentioned in freys post for you? Shocking don't you think that they have one entitled 'how to trick axl' I mean, what does that say to you? 

I wish I had more time to post today, I have many more things I wanted to add to this post but will have to wait. Its my birthday today ( you don't have to derail the thread saying happy bday, I know you all wish me it :lol:) I'm being dragged to a meal out and I don't want to go, I was working all night and day livers don't understand us night people too well :unsure:

Good point about the leaked emails. Those might not have been discussed back then and I think they aren't on the list. But now that it looks like they were actually legit, they deserve to be put on there. @Lumikki

Because yeah, "how to trick Axl". Urgh. I'd love to read that one. And Beta also went behind Axl's back with the whole Doug Goldstein thing that made Axl freak out enough to nearly fire her supposedly.

Also: Happy Birthday! :headbang: (since there was a point to this post apart from congratulating you, I'm not technically derailing the thread with birthday wishes :lol:).

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wish I had more time to post today, I have many more things I wanted to add to this post but will have to wait. Its my birthday today ( you don't have to derail the thread saying happy bday, I know you all wish me it :lol:) I'm being dragged to a meal out and I don't want to go, I was working all night and day livers don't understand us night people too well :unsure:

I will and I don't care.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:hug:

Cheers to many more.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Frey said:

Because yeah, "how to trick Axl". Urgh. I'd love to read that one. And Beta also went behind Axl's back with the whole Doug Goldstein thing that made Axl freak out enough to nearly fire her supposedly.

I read something about the leaked emails, but what´s  the Doug Goldstein thing you mencioned? Don´t know anything about it.

@MillionsOfSpiders,    Wish you a Happy Birthday! 

• Like 2

@killuridols we are all eagerly awaiting the recap of your experiences!

Also, @cheesecake..re Axl's stomach..I think this could very well just be a digestion issue..alot of men in their later years get this "gorilla" type stomach, that can actually be firm to the touch! It's a result of a depletion of the necessary digestive enzymes, due to age, improper food combinations, even allergies. It results in chronic gas and bloat. It's possible Axl may have this issue, if he took off his shirt we would be able to examine more closely :P Anyway, I bet if he started taking some enzyme supplements it would help that belly.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Padme said:

My new personal trainer :rofl-lol:

G2b4JWG.gif

Looks like those jumping jacks really works for Slash, seems to be in better shape now than during NA shows ;). And also am I the only one who think that his hair looks fantastic lately? :drool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Happy Birthday @MillionsOfSpiders! rock4rock3:headbang:rock4

Here's some shit tangentially related to the Kurt Cobain / Bryn Bridenthal discussion:

A surprisingly "sweet" (let's call it that) postcard written to Bryn Bridenthal by all the guys. I think it's interesting because it has all 5 guys' handwriting on it.

(And LOL at Izzy's message :P)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/LettersArtworkDocuments/guns-n-roses-postcard.jpg~original

And this. Duff getting mad at a Kurt Cobain conspiracy theorist (?) at one of his book signings.

Everyone likes badass Duff, right?

"Get the fuck out of here, motherfucker!" :lol:

aw Axl's  so sweet in this postcard! Don't let nothing get you down, we care :heart: and lol at the others 

And angry Duff is scary :ph34r: not someone I would mess with

• Like 1