GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

26 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

So Axl did sing HB to Fortus but not to Slash...LMAO:rofl-lol:

:popcorn:

No no no, Axl sing HB to Izzy six pack, Izzy is Slash's eternal rival :ph34r::smiley-confused2:

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

I bet Slash lost a few pounds, he looks slimmer in that orange t-shirt it must be the fact he started going to the gym

Axl N' Slash looks more slim

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Oh come now....he did get the crowd to wish him happy Birthday, and I also think there was a far more personal celebration after the show ;)

No he didn't, he said some two words upon leaving the stage as if he had to and not necessairily wanted to. Anyway it doesn't matter, in fact, because that's not what it is about.

I also don't care about the personal celebration, none of my business what they personally celebrated, in fact it's not even about the Happy Birthday or lack thereof, it is about the message he's giving to the outside world and it's not the first time at all and I don't think it's a coincidence, really... It's like the tenth minor thing he's doing or saying in that regard - emphasizing during one of the first reunion shows how long Fortus is in the band, saying in the only post-reunion interview he makes that he's a fan of the nu-GNR line-up, saying Slash can play on the next record if he wants to in a way suggesting: I make all decisions and he can participate or not and now making the crowd sing to Richard Fortus but not to Slash and little shit gestures like that. Each of those little things seems minor and unimportant in the grand scheme of events but if you put them together they create a certain picture in which Axl appears as a little, petty, unforgiving and hardly pleasant type who's still holding a grudge, who will never admit that getting rid of Slash was a mistake, or that his vision of GNR failed and who will always try to suggest Slash is less important for the band than he actually is.

On the other hand Slash and Duff are being extremely nice, praising him on social media even though the guy isn't even half of the singer he used to be which makes him look even worse.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Asia said:

No he didn't, he said some two words upon leaving the stage as if he had to and not necessairily wanted to. Anyway it doesn't matter, in fact, because that's not what it is about.

I also don't care about the personal celebration, none of my business what they personally celebrated, in fact it's not even about the Happy Birthday or lack thereof, it is about the message he's giving to the outside world and it's not the first time at all and I don't think it's a coincidence, really... It's like the tenth minor thing he's doing or saying in that regard - emphasizing during one of the first reunion shows how long Fortus is in the band, saying in the only post-reunion interview he makes that he's a fan of the nu-GNR line-up, saying Slash can play on the next record if he wants to in a way suggesting: I make all decisions and he can participate or not and now making the crowd sing to Richard Fortus but not to Slash and little shit gestures like that. Each of those little things seems minor and unimportant in the grand scheme of events but if you put them together they create a certain picture in which Axl appears as a little, petty, unforgiving and hardly pleasant type who's still holding a grudge, who will never admit that getting rid of Slash was a mistake, or that his vision of GNR failed and who will always try to suggest Slash is less important for the band than he actually is.

On the other hand Slash and Duff are being extremely nice, praising him on social media even though the guy isn't even half of the singer he used to be which makes him look even worse.

Whoa!....stand down soldier :wow: I just think we judge too harshly and read more into things than what actually is. Let's not forget that Slash has been standoffish at times too. But no matter I still continue to enjoy them.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Whoa!....stand down soldier :wow: I just think we judge too harshly and read more into things than what actually is. Let's not forget that Slash has been standoffish at times too. But no matter I still continue to enjoy them.

Yeah... you can't really expect them to be best buds after over two decades of bad blood. And if I remember correctly, Axl didn't get rid of him - Slash quit the band?

34 minutes ago, Asia said:

...praising him on social media even though the guy isn't even half of the singer he used to be...

Yikes! That's harsh...

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

Axl afraid of broken heart again so He is just avoiding emotional relationship like before 

:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Yeah... you can't really expect them to be best buds after over two decades of bad blood. And if I remember correctly, Axl didn't get rid of him - Slash quit the band?

Yikes! That's harsh...

Slash quit N' Axl trying so hard to make Him stay

• Like 1

@dgnr Thanks for posting and translating this. I have to admit, that Beta comes across as a really nice person in all the interview clips I'v seen. That's why I always sort of liked her. The TB theories and all the other info like tricking Axl I only know from this thread.

And Slash looks great in this pic. No belly, nice enough smile, hair... 

The birthday song theory: I wouldn't go as far. Maybe Slash didn't want the crowd to sing for him and Axl knew? From all the flirting with hugging backstage, tickling, smiling, dancing around, Axl does not come across as uninterested in Slash. And the "Slash can play if he wants to" means: if Slash wants to. Because like a couple of months ago, Slash wouldn't have wanted to. So he leaves it up to him. And as Axl, Slash and Duff are not to outspoken about the future of the reunion, the is common "no comment but friendly" speech until there is the official version. So I don't go with this theory.

But, while we are at it: I still have no clue, why they are back together after all? What was the initital reason? What started it? Who wanted what? Why? We don't know this as they haven't given this away.

Aaaand something else: I am quite addicted to the "sexy and damn scandalous" video. Oh my .... *sigh*

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

@dgnr Thanks for posting and translating this. I have to admit, that Beta comes across as a really nice person in all the interview clips I'v seen. That's why I always sort of liked her. The TB theories and all the other info like tricking Axl I only know from this thread.

The birthday song theory: I wouldn't go as far. Maybe Slash didn't want the crowd to sing for him and Axl knew? From all the flirting with hugging backstage, tickling, smiling, dancing around, Axl does not come across as uninterested in Slash. And the "Slash can play if he wants to" means: if Slash wants to. Because like a couple of months ago, Slash wouldn't have wanted to. So he leaves it up to him. And as Axl, Slash and Duff are not to outspoken about the future of the reunion, the is common "no comment but friendly" speech until there is the official version. So I don't go with this theory.

But, while we are at it: I still have no clue, why they are back together after all? What was the initital reason? What started it? Who wanted what? Why? We don't know this as they haven't given this away.

Aaaand something else: I am quite addicted to the "sexy and damn scandalous" video. Oh my .... *sigh*

You know if my original post I was going to say that slash really isn't big on sentimentalities so that's probably why he chose to do his guitar solo instead of having a crowd exactly sing happy birthday to him I think he was just happy that Axl actually even thought to mention it at all so yeah I think we protest too much.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

No need a reason for (more than) Friends to be back together ?

6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

No belly :wow:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph... Slash is looking hot there. As you said @SerenityScorp - belly gone!! While we're on the subject, this thread has introduced me to Slash all over again... I always thought he was sexy (obvs), though I always was and always will be an Axl girl... but since joining here I've become inducted to the mystique of the Curly One too :wow:

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

I found this video of Beta talking to some fans in Curitiba. As much as I don't understand why they are the management, she actually comes in this video like a really nice person. Later I can try to translate the all conversation, but here are some highlights.

• She says that she shows videos and photos of fans to the band and they really appreciate it and feel very honour about the support

• A guy says that Axl should get a brazilian girlfriend and she answers 'I wish that he finds one and a good one' and they start talking about a grandson to her, 'a little Axl' and she goes with the joke and laughs

• The guy says that he wishes that next year they put out a record and she goes 'I'm not saying anything...Look at him trying to get something'. The guy continues 'It has to happen, from this reunion' and she laughs and just says 'yeah, yeah, hum, hum'. But all in a good mood.

• Other guy asks if they are only together for this tour. And she asks 'What do you mean, sweetie?' and the guy goes 'Like they finish this tour and they finish the reunion' and she says 'No, we are announcing already other dates like Japan or EUROPE' (yes, yes she said it. Our time is coming :headbang:) The guy talks about New Year and she answers 'Let's see how it's gonna be'.

• She also talks about AC/DC, she says that it was amazing for Axl and that people in AC/DC are fantastic and 'Angus is a wonderful person'. The guy says 'They make him rehearse' and she says ' But he could never accept something like that without it... cause it's a different way of singing but it was an excelent thing. For Axl it was a dream come true'.

• She end up talking about the broken foot, how nice Dave Ghrol was...the fans talk that they thought they had some issues and Beta said it was nice that he borrowed the chair for everyone to see that they were cool with each other... 'It's more the media that creats this, because it was great between the two of them'

So this is it... Cool from her to take some time to talk with the fans and being nice to them.

I would be also...He couldn't sing Happy Birthday to the love of his life, but he can for Fortus. I prefer to believe that he wish Slash a Happy Birthday in a private way :ph34r:

Thanks so much for the video and translations @dgnr! I'm neutral on 'the TB issue' as I don't think outsiders can ever judge these situations accurately. But Beta does come across as nice and decent here, chatting to fans and giving of her time.

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

The 64-million-dollar question!! We might be speculating on this forever. The band will never give the real reasons - and why should they? It's their business. They have an official line, as we saw in the interview with Axl and Duff on Brazilian TV: it was mentioned on and off over the years but nothing really happened for ages, everyone was busy doing their own things ... then it started to get "real" (Axl's word), more people talked to more people, it went up the chain, finally Axl and Slash had the famous dinner... and it took off from there. 

For what it's worth, I see three main reasons for the reunion... all pretty obvious I guess !:

• Personal reasons of the band members. Regret over the years of separation; missing each other, despite the animosity - they were absolute best friends, lived in each others' pockets and went through utter shit together in the early days in LA; awareness of getting older and that life is short; etc.
  • The music. In the early years, it was all about the music, especially the live music, for the AFD5. This changed, sadly, as their fame and power increased, it became more about ego, bullying, money, drugs, shoddy management etc... Now they are older, wiser and sober, they are able to remember that the live music is at the core of it all. 
  • Money. I'm not a fan of all the "cash grab" articles. 'Massive rock band makes shitloads of money from new tour' - no shit Sherlock! A rock band, especially on the scale of GNR, is a business. It's naive to believe anything else. This is not a negative thing - rock musicians need to make a living too, after all. Slash has to fund his clusterfuck divorce; Axl has an expensive home, lifestyle and staff; Duff... bit trickier to pin down, given how juicy the GNR royalties must be, but whatever, celebrities have different needs than the rest of us... most likely seems simply, he has a family to support, he needed an influx of cash. 

Woah, that must be my longest post ever... Anyone violently disagree with me??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dgnr said:

OK...so I was watching the video again and the guy who uploaded it says that Beta talked about other things...you guys get ready!!!

1. Axl, Slash and Duff are already making new music together :nervous:

I don't believe that but let's say it's true, we all know those songs are going straight to the vault. :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I don't believe that but let's say it's true, we all know those songs are going straight to the vault. :lol:

I don't know... It's been one crazy fuckin year. I mean; the reunion, broken foot, Axl/DC and they even started the show early yesterday! Who knows, maybe before the end of the year we might even get a new so-

Wait.

No. I won't fuckin jinx it! *fingers crossed* :nervous:

34 minutes ago, dgnr said:

OK...so I was watching the video again and the guy who uploaded it says that Beta talked about other things...you guys get ready!!!

2. Axl doesn't leave the room too often and he is only with the other members at the show and at the aeroplane

3. Axl dreamt about patching things up with Slash, Duff and Steven

4. Axl is really happy

An actual dream? Like a Waynes Worlds - Jim Morrison type of dream? 

How can he make new music with the band if he doesn't come out of his hidey hole :question:

Beta's probably gonna get the corn :lol:

Thanks for translating :hug:

19 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I want this to be true.

1. Axl is really happy

Good.

1. Axl doesn't leave the room too often and he is only with the other members at the show and at the aeroplane

What does he do in there all the damn time? It sounds like he is depressed, but Beta claims he is 'happy' (but then again, it's Beta...). Even sleeping and watching Netflix has to get boring if you do nothing else. I don't get why he doesn't join the other guys every now and then again at least. Or hell, have Slash come to his room. They can watch Netflix together. And get inspired to write new music while they're at it.

1. Axl dreamt about patching things up with Slash, Duff and Steven

Totally believe this. Fits with the stuff Baz has said.

Bitterness and anger like that only comes from deep hurt and longing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

2. Axl doesn't leave the room too often and he is only with the other members at the show and at the aeroplane

3. Axl dreamt about patching things up with Slash, Duff and Steven

4. Axl is really happy

C'mon Axl! You need to get outside Your room more often N' spend Your time with Your precious Friend! You know how much You miss Them:max:

But I'm glad His dream comes true N' He's happy:heart::hug: