GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

8 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

Guys! I have the ticket for the Madrid show!! I'm so happy,  it's the first time I'm going to see them. Just wanted to share this with you.  :heart: yuuuuhuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!! 

Great! What kind of ticket? Golden Circle? In the GN'R Section under Not In This Life Time Tour there is a thread for the Madrid show goers

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As I see it now, I don't think so. Apart from the expenses, the year period the shows will take place is the most difficult for me to take a leave from work.

But I don't mind so much. I was lucky to see the 4/5 of the original band and now at least I'll have reviews/impressions from all of you :)

Maybe the small chance you mentioned really will work out! I agree with @killuridols, you really deserve to go see them live and the Paris show you're thinking about is probably going to be one of the most epic ones :heart:

On 7.12.2016 at 0:07 PM, lilacmess said:

Me too! :dance:Whooohooo!

Awesome! :) Where are you from @lilacmess?

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've been in contact with ticketmaster all day yesterday. They said VIP nation is the provider. VIP nation say they aren't doing the London show, just the others lol it says VIP nation on the e mail. Basically, someone messed up and now they're covering it up. Ticketmaster said they will refund me for my tickets and I can try my luck in general sale, robbing gits!! 

And saw with my own eyes those packages with hotels that people will have bought and there isn't one. 

The only UK show and already it's going way wrong. It gives me an edgy feeling about it. 

Oh shit. I feel for you, ticketmaster and livenation both screwed up here as well with the tickets (though not to the extent you are describing) and it makes mad just to think about it.

These assholes are trying to screw you over pretty badly, it's total bullshit :anger: Maybe if you're persistent enough and annoy the hell out of them, they'll offer you something better?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will work out for you somehow.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:
52 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Just saw this on Twitter, from Sebastian Bachs new book 

IMG_2503.PNG

:wow:

Its not like any of his subsequent returns to the UK have gone any better either. Each tour has been marred by something here :( 

I hope Ticketmaster sort their shit out and don't fucking wreck the London show! 

I need this book I need this book I need this book!!!!! :cry:

Ok, do you girls think now that it makes much more sense why we see TB around Axl day and night? :nervous:

He's like a baby, like a 3 year old that needs constant watch or could end up really bad. 

I really hope there aren't guns in Axl's house (because this also reminds me of the excerpts posted here before from Mick Wall's book about Axl and a gun). People like this should not have any element of danger around them.

Makes me worried..... I feel like he's not really well :unsure:

So Axl doesn't just jump out of moving cars, he jumps out of flying helicopters too? :scared:

Assuming all these stories by Baz, Mick Wall, Doug Goldstein, Bryn Bridenthal, Slash, etc. are true (and I personally think they probably are) and there really is always a risk of Axl harming himself in some way, I might have to cut TB some slack on that. Especially Beta, since she was the one who supposedly kept calling Doug Goldstein in desperation when Axl was crying in his bed and messing around with a gun. That probably left a lasting impression on her too.

If Axl is really this... fragile and unstable, I probably wouldn't let him out of my sight either tbh. :wacko:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't think they are lying @Lumikki :unsure:

It is too many people telling the same kind of stories. Besides, who would want to joke or lie about a suicidal person?

Unfortunately, Axl is (or was) suicidal and people around him fear for this :cry:

Exactly. Way too many people telling similar stories and joking or lying about it would be pretty fucked up. That's why I think all these stories are probably true as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I need this book I need this book I need this book!!!!! :cry:

Ok, do you girls think now that it makes much more sense why we see TB around Axl day and night? :nervous:

He's like a baby, like a 3 year old that needs constant watch or could end up really bad. 

I really hope there aren't guns in Axl's house (because this also reminds me of the excerpts posted here before from Mick Wall's book about Axl and a gun). People like this should not have any element of danger around them.

Makes me worried..... I feel like he's not really well :unsure:

I was tempted to read Baz's book after seeing this. I had a quick look in it using key words and it doesn't have any other interesting stories related to GnR/Axl apart from this one. It's only known shit Baz has talked about like the scene with David Lee Roth etc. It's not worth buying it imo, unless someone likes Skid Row and cares for Baz's story (which I don't).

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:
1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I don't think they are lying @Lumikki :unsure:

It is too many people telling the same kind of stories. Besides, who would want to joke or lie about a suicidal person?

Unfortunately, Axl is (or was) suicidal and people around him fear for this :cry:

Exactly. Way too many people telling similar stories and joking or lying about it would be pretty fucked up. That's why I think all these stories are probably true as well.

I agree with both of you. It's not just one person describing situations like that. There is a common pattern in stories coming from different people and this points to that there's truth in them. And yeah, it makes sense why Axl is so emotionally dependent on Beta and TB.

I hope he's in a much better place now :unsure:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I've been listening to Duff's book and now some of Axl's behaviors really make sense as well as the band's splitting up. Everyone knew something was off with him but no one wanted to confront him or talk about it. Axl was going off the rails and they didn't seem to care. Slash and Duff were strung out on smack, coke, liquor and the occasional hit of crack. Matt was getting coked out of his mind, Steven was way far gone and Izzy got sober and left. None of the management intervened and this allowed things to get worse. Through all this, everybody got pissed but nobody tried to make it better either. I don't blame any of them directly, but in a way they allowed him to fall as far into his depression as he did. By bottling up the anger and not addressing the root of the problem something really beautiful was broken.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

London is going to have a very pissed off front row. 

Oh I really hope this all gets sorted out, I must admit mostly for selfish reasons - I am currently trying to get GC tickets for London!

Maybe the small chance you mentioned really will work out! I agree with @killuridols, you really deserve to go see them live and the Paris show you're thinking about is probably going to be one of the most epic ones :heart:

Why do you think that?? Do I need to start thinking about Paris tickets too?? lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The screenshots from Baz's book:

Iavhp6v.jpg

MBVK31x.jpg

rvSnzst.jpg

OMG, this is all so so sad. What a tormented creature Axl is and how difficult to endure and hard to take it must be to be his friend. I do believe those stories are somewhat true. If not literally and into every detail but to the effect that Axl is or was fucking suicidal. I mean, on fotos, he never ever looks relaxed or happy. He has had a sad face - or angry, furious and beaten for that matter - but never (or seldom) happy. 

Anyway, I really hope he is in a better place now. Those stories break my heart. And I hope that it's ok for Axl to have these kind of stories printed in a book of his friends.

I hope Axl is in a much better place today too, but those stories are coming from a three decade span. Slash's car in the 80s, Goldstein in the 90s and Baz in 06. That's a long time to be that way, I don't believe he can just be all of a sudden cured in 2016 :( 

I wonder where Izzy was during the Download aftermath, or has Baz forgotten Izzy was there :question: 

@Lumikki Ticketmaster and Livenation can actually go straight to hell ? they both lie and blame each other and then try to blame GnR LOL. I know it's THEIR mistake. There's nothing I can do without cancelling my tickets, so we are resigned to the fact that we are going to be getting a £150 shitty bag and coffee cup :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I hope Axl is in a much better place today too, but those stories are coming from a three decade span. Slash's car in the 80s, Goldstein in the 90s and Baz in 06. That's a long time to be that way, I don't believe he can just be all of a sudden cured in 2016 :( 

I wonder where Izzy was during the Download aftermath, or has Baz forgotten Izzy was there :question: 

@Lumikki Ticketmaster and Livenation can actually go straight to hell ? they both lie and blame each other and then try to blame GnR LOL. I know it's THEIR mistake. There's nothing I can do without cancelling my tickets, so we are resigned to the fact that we are going to be getting a £150 shitty bag and coffee cup :lol:

This is why Pearl Jam boycotted Ticket master so tough in the 90's....they have been fuck ups for awhile.

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Anyone who got front row ticket dare to hold a sign 'We invite You to Women Thead's Party, Dexter!'?

Hmm, I was thinking about holding one saying 'Get your ass in the fuckin piano for November Rain, Slash' but I can write that behind the sign and spin it from time to time :P 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Hmm, I was thinking about holding one saying 'Get your ass in the fuckin piano for November Rain, Slash' but I can write that behind the sign and spin it from time to time :P 

Given the ticket price I'm thinking of a sign saying "I'M PAYING YOUR DIVORCE, SLASH, AND YOUR NEW ROOF, AXL" :smiley-confused2:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KMS said:

Just saw it on IG ans ABSOLUTELY have to share with you! How fuckin' sweet it is!!??

I love how happy and relaxed Slash is on Meegan's photos :heart: And no glasses here!

I'm always surprised at how much younger slash looks without his glasses on! ^_^:heart: For most people it's the opposite!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KMS said:

Just saw it on IG ans ABSOLUTELY have to share with you! How fuckin' sweet it is!!??

I love how happy and relaxed Slash is on Meegan's photos :heart: And no glasses here!

He's so cutee, damn :wub::wub:
And here's a new one, that smile, god :heart::slash:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

OMG :rofl-lol:

:lol:

haha I can't believe he didn't have second thoughts before posting this...He knew exactly what he was doing :lol:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This would be epic, someone has to do it :lol: I would do it but I'm on hair pulling duty :P

Ticketmaster have messed up really bad for the London show. They've been selling the GC package tickets with a hotel included but there isn't one and also they have charged me for VIP tickets, when I have screenshots that isn't what I bought. They won't do anything about it without cancelling my tickets!! ???

Theyre trying to say it's Guns N' Roses' fault. 

London is going to have a very pissed off front row. 

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've been in contact with ticketmaster all day yesterday. They said VIP nation is the provider. VIP nation say they aren't doing the London show, just the others lol it says VIP nation on the e mail. Basically, someone messed up and now they're covering it up. Ticketmaster said they will refund me for my tickets and I can try my luck in general sale, robbing gits!! 

And saw with my own eyes those packages with hotels that people will have bought and there isn't one. 

The only UK show and already it's going way wrong. It gives me an edgy feeling about it. 

Sorry, can you please explain in more detail what happened to you? I'm planning to buy tickets for London eventually. By eventually I mean I would buy from scalpers if necessary. 

I have checked the London show presale page. But the only thing I found was all the packages options. And I don't want any of that. All I want is the Golden Circle tickets. Now those were not avaibale however the price is 300 pounds with all the fees, taxes and shippment. I wasn't aware of any mess up by Ticketmaster

OHMYGOD so many things I need to comment now <_<

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I was tempted to read Baz's book after seeing this. I had a quick look in it using key words and it doesn't have any other interesting stories related to GnR/Axl apart from this one. It's only known shit Baz has talked about like the scene with David Lee Roth etc. It's not worth buying it imo, unless someone likes Skid Row and cares for Baz's story (which I don't).

Are you sure?

I saw a picture someone posted of a chapter of the book that is called "Back in the Saddle" and that is the one dedicated to Axl.

Book is like 400 pages and I don't know if there is a digital version of it but I will eventually get it because I love Baz, I like the way he talks and tells his stories. I know lots of people here think he's annoying but whatever, I don't care what people think.

Baz has spent a lot of time next to Axl and he must know so much shit that I feel jealous but in a nice way. I don't think this is a tell-all book and probably most of his Axl's stories have been monitored before going on print (well, I'm assuming about that) but if there is one guy to talk about Axl stuff I think that is Baz, regardless of his loud style.

3 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I've been listening to Duff's book and now some of Axl's behaviors really make sense as well as the band's splitting up. Everyone knew something was off with him but no one wanted to confront him or talk about it. Axl was going off the rails and they didn't seem to care. Slash and Duff were strung out on smack, coke, liquor and the occasional hit of crack. Matt was getting coked out of his mind, Steven was way far gone and Izzy got sober and left. None of the management intervened and this allowed things to get worse. Through all this, everybody got pissed but nobody tried to make it better either. I don't blame any of them directly, but in a way they allowed him to fall as far into his depression as he did. By bottling up the anger and not addressing the root of the problem something really beautiful was broken.

I have an explanation for this, based on what a source once told me. Yes, everybody knew there was something wrong with him but the reason why nothing was done about it was money. 

The record company didn't allow an intervention of any kind. Guns N' Roses was a money machine and they couldn't afford to stop for anything, even if their own lives were at risk. They had albums to deliver and shows to give. Axl started that stupid regression therapy while he was on the road and it looks that it made him even worse.

Institutionalization of all of them would have been the way to go but it would have interfered with their career at the same time.

Axl didn't have parents who would care about his mental state. I don't know about Slash and Duff, what did their families think or wanted to do during the worst time of the life of their sons. Izzy seemed to have more vision and unplugged himself from the killer machine. Steven was far gone but we know his mother has suffered a lot with his addiction and his subsequent stroke.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The screenshots from Baz's book:

Iavhp6v.jpg

MBVK31x.jpg

rvSnzst.jpg

Wow :unsure:

Thanks for posting this.....

The cassette story is consistent with some things I've been told before but it particularly makes me think of the recent picture of the front of his house: depression, abandonment, refusal to leave the past behind, stuck in a hole.

It is consistent with the amount of years clinging onto Stephanie. The amount of years making "Chinese Democracy". The amount of years rehashing the past, hating on Slash, not being able to move on.

This affection for what's old and useless, like the cassette for his vocal warm-up. His house still looking like in the 90's, even his kitchen furniture, old and worn out.

Not sure what to think of this and even though it looks like he's changed for good, I agree with @MillionsOfSpiders when she says it's been a long time since the 80's and 2006 doesn't seem to me so far away, to be honest.

There are things that still don't make sense to me, like why he never leaves his hotel room when he's on tour. Why sometimes he stays in a different hotel than the rest of the band. Why did he miss the plane when the SA leg of the tour started and why he was so pissed off in that picture with flight attendants and pilot. Why it seems like he never hangs out with Duff, Slash and their wives/kids. Why he's never happy in photos with fans or anyone, for that matter.

So so so sad....

• Like 3