GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

18 minutes ago, nonok said:

I didn't think it was possible, but Baz's revelations have made me fucking love Axl even more. He is an angel. Very fitting, in fact, that he sang Fallen Angel as the SCOM intro way back when. He's just a completely unpredictable beautiful puzzle made up of sharp yet fragile glass pieces... And those glass pieces are the solidified tears of an innocent ginger child from Indiana. *sighs*

I just want hug and kiss him and braid his hair until he falls into a restful sleep. He deserves the TLC

I browsed through the whole Baz book. The GnR/Axl related stories are a very small part of it; and it's expected, as it's Baz's autobiography and not a book on Axl.

Spoiler

Apart from the known stories I mentioned, there is a -not nice- story about an incident with Baz, a girl, and the leader of a band Skid Row toured with. The unnamed band leader is likely Axl, because the story is in the part where Baz talks about the tour where Skid Row opened for GnR.

I won't post anything else from this book, although I don't think I spoiled it for anyone who may be interested in reading it not just for the Axl stories

Edited by Blackstar
forgot the spoiler code

2 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

You're lucky for that price. We paid $1250 each ticket for VIP Jungle experience. Hoping it's worth it. I won't see shopping for about five years.

You will have to let us know if it is worth it....please! I am very curious :) What show are you going to?

4 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

To my recollection Axl's never claimed that he was anti-drugs. In fact...

"I have a different physical constitution and different mindset about drugs than anybody I've known in Hollywood, because I don't abstain from doing drugs, but I won't allow myself to have a fuckin' habit. I won't allow it. I'll have done blow for three days and my mind will go "Fuck no". I'll have the physical feeling of knowing my body needs it, and I'll just refuse to do coke that day. I'm not going to do it, because if I was going to do it, I know I won't be able to hit my goals with what I want to do with this band. I can't let myself get into coke as much as I'm into the band. The same thing with heroin. I did it for three weeks straight and had one of the greatest times in my life, because I was with a girl I wanted to be with in this beautiful apartment, and we just sat there listening to Led Zeppelin, doing drugs and fucking. It was great, 'cause at that time I had nothing to do but sit on my ass and make a few phone calls a day. I stopped on, like, Saturday, because I had serious business to attend to on Monday. I felt like shit, sweated, shook, but on Monday I was able to function. I can't hide in drugs. A lot of people can, but whenever I do any drugs - pills, booze, smack, whatever - to enjoy it, my life has to be perfect - no fuck-ups, nothing going wrong. Otherwise, when I'm high, I'll analyse the shit out of everything that's happening in my life and why things are going wrong. That's not enjoyable. And if I have shows to do, I won't touch drugs because it fucks up my throat. My advice is don't get a habit, don't use anybody else's needle and don't let drugs become a prerequisite to having a good time. Do things in moderation , and just be careful." - The world according to W. Axl Rose by Del James, RIP April 1989

Axl might be one of those people that can use drugs without becoming fully addicted. My personal theory is that this contributed to the disconnect between Axl and the rest of the band. He was harsh on them for their drug use because he could not understand why anyone would allow themselves to get to that stage with their addiction. It is interesting though because considering Ax's background (the childhood abuse, the 'bipolar disorder' diagnosis, attempted suicide(s), social circle largely made up of drug addicts), theoretically he should have been the most vulnerable to form a serious addiction...

I will never for once believe that people can get in and out of drugs unscathered.

That quote from Axl, in my opinion, it is just Axl bragging about himself (as many other times he did) but if one reads pretty well on it there's not much science behind it or anything related to "different physical constitution" :lol:

Axl didn't become a drugaddict because he didn't use drugs. Period. Or to put it more accurately: he used, he didn't like the effect they had on him, he never used again = non-addict.

Just like a big portion of people living healthy lives out there.

However, illegal drugs are not the only form of addiction there is on the table. You can be addicted to food, cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, videogames, sex, television, or any other activity that consumes up your time and impacts your life negatively.

We should talk about his addiction to psychics, charlatans and other bullshit that consumed his money, just like a drugaddict or a gambler would spend on their vices.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

On the Guns N’ Roses tour, they had the MGM Grand plane as a mode of transportation. I had asked Axl many times, “Hey dude, can I come on the plane? Can I come on the plane? Seriously, can I come on the plane?!?!”

"No, no, no, no, and no,” I would always get told.

“I really want to get on the fucking plane with you guys!”

“No.”

This is so cute~ He's like excited golden with puppy eyes~ 

8d829ec69df2baeefb562091ed777195.jpg

Kinda reminds Me of Steven Adler

Wonder why Axl didnt allows Him to get in the plane...

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nonok said:

I didn't think it was possible, but Baz's revelations have made me fucking love Axl even more. He is an angel. Very fitting, in fact, that he sang Fallen Angel as the SCOM intro way back when. He's just a completely unpredictable beautiful puzzle made up of sharp yet fragile glass pieces... And those glass pieces are the solidified tears of an innocent ginger child from Indiana. *sighs*

I just want hug and kiss him and braid his hair until he falls into a restful sleep. He deserves the TLC

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I will never for once believe that people can get in and out of drugs unscathered.

That quote from Axl, in my opinion, it is just Axl bragging about himself (as many other times he did) but if one reads pretty well on it there's not much science behind it or anything related to "different physical constitution" :lol:

Axl didn't become a drugaddict because he didn't use drugs. Period. Or to put it more accurately: he used, he didn't like the effect they had on him, he never used again = non-addict.

Just like a big portion of people living healthy lives out there.

However, illegal drugs are not the only form of addiction there is on the table. You can be addicted to food, cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, videogames, sex, television, or any other activity that consumes up your time and impacts your life negatively.

We should talk about his addiction to psychics, charlatans and other bullshit that consumed his money, just like a drugaddict or a gambler would spend on their vices.

There are people who have done drugs but don't live with long lasting effects. Admittidly the only thing I've ever tried is weed so I don't speak from personal experience of heavy drug use, but I do have friends and close family who have tried the hard stuff and I can honestly say that they never got strung out. The key is not to allow your body to become dependent on any substance....he obviously knew his own limits and was able to control it.

As for other addictions, oh how right you are lol. I have two of the addictions on your list. I'm dealing with one and slowing down on the other. 

10 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

WOW! Wonder what could've caused this. I'm pretty sure he wasn't on drugs at this time in his life and he should've dealt with all the past issues by 2000. Do you suppose he still feels like this some days? I really hope that's behind him.

The crowd reaction to Axl is what caused it. It wasn't just his lateness or his messing about on stage or people wanting the rock n roll atmosphere, like Baz thinks. 

I can tell you for a fact that that particular crowd were ready to give Axl a torrent of shit, no matter what. Ive been to many Donington festivals and it could be a hell of a place with a really intimidating atmosphere when we didn't like someone. It's just a student fest now. 

Basically that crowd told Axl to piss off, he's not wanted here. I can absolutely see why Axls woman friend would've been freaking out, even if Baz thought it was fun. 

i guess that's Axls friend Diane at the beginning of this. The crowd was a lot worse further back.

"We want Slash, we want Slash" 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

Congrats to everyone who got tickets. 

I kind of want to go see that show in Japan at the really small venue (much more my thing than stadium shows), but it's not looking like this will work out. We'll see...

And I need to catch up on this thread. You guys talk too much :lol:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

For the second London show they offer the hotel bullshit again 

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/3500517EF0CE9DDF?brand=uk_vipnation&camefrom=CFC_UK_LINA_VIP

:rofl-lol:

I found this is the official GN'R Nightrain email :facepalm:

That's the correct one, it's £815 each. Ticketmaster mixed it up with the early entry package for night one :lol:

Im staying right next that hotel for a lot less, and I have most of the other stuff included with my rip off VIP ticket haha 

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's the correct one, it's £815 each. Ticketmaster mixed it up with the early entry package for night one :lol:

Im staying right next that hotel for a lot less, and I have most of the other stuff included with my rip off VIP ticket haha 

Where are the hotels located yours and theirs?

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Near London airport, where transport is the easiest to get around. 

Next to it, it's the airport hotels. 

Ok, I'm planning to book in Central London. I'm spending a few day there

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Ok, I'm planning to book in Central London. I'm spending a few day there

Stick to hotels near the Central Line Tube, it's 24/7 now and goes straight to Stratford which is where the QE Olympic Stadium is.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lindy100 said:

Stick to hotels near the Central Line Tube, it's 24/7 now and goes straight to Stratford which is where the QE Olympic Stadium is.

Thanks a Lot!!! :thumbsup: I've been to the Stadium for AXL/DC. But I stayed in a hotel near the Stadium. It was just a walking distance. Now I wanna stay in London.

28 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

have fun my friend.. don't know if I can come this time :(

Well if you are going to Imola. Maybe you can get some cheap upper deck ticket. My priority is the second show, Golden Circle. Eventually if I go to the first one. I get a cheap upper deck ticket 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

There are people who have done drugs but don't live with long lasting effects. Admittidly the only thing I've ever tried is weed so I don't speak from personal experience of heavy drug use, but I do have friends and close family who have tried the hard stuff and I can honestly say that they never got strung out. The key is not to allow your body to become dependent on any substance....he obviously knew his own limits and was able to control it.

That's the trick "have used", "have tried". It is all past tense. Or just a moment in life and never again.

But sometimes it's like people want to make it look, or does Axl want to make it look? like he could get in and out of drugs constantly without catching a habit and that's what I'm calling bullshit. 

You can't do that. There's no way to trick the addictive component of those things. So the only way to not become an addict is to not use drugs. It's not rocket science.

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The crowd reaction to Axl is what caused it. It wasn't just his lateness or his messing about on stage or people wanting the rock n roll atmosphere, like Baz thinks. 

I can tell you for a fact that that particular crowd were ready to give Axl a torrent of shit, no matter what. Ive been to many Donington festivals and it could be a hell of a place with a really intimidating atmosphere when we didn't like someone. It's just a student fest now. 

Basically that crowd told Axl to piss off, he's not wanted here. I can absolutely see why Axls woman friend would've been freaking out, even if Baz thought it was fun. 

i guess that's Axls friend Diane at the beginning of this. The crowd was a lot worse further back.

"We want Slash, we want Slash" 

Is that the opening song? Why is he pissed off?

Yes, some crowds can be hostile but wasn't GNR a main act? Why would all those people stay to see a band they hated?

He pisses crowds when he's late.... In River Plate, first night, people were already pissed off and insulting him when the show started 45 minutes later. Most complains were about being tired and feeling bad ("my feet hurt, my body hurts, come on....")

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's the trick "have used", "have tried". It is all past tense. Or just a moment in life and never again.

But sometimes it's like people want to make it look, or does Axl want to make it look? like he could get in and out of drugs constantly without catching a habit and that's what I'm calling bullshit. 

You can't do that. There's no way to trick the addictive component of those things. So the only way to not become an addict is to not use drugs. It's not rocket science.

Yes, some crowds can be hostile but wasn't GNR a main act? Why would all those people stay to see a band they hated?

He pisses crowds when he's late.... In River Plate, first night, people were already pissed off and insulting him when the show started 45 minutes later. Most complains were about being tired and feeling bad ("my feet hurt, my body hurts, come on....")

Some people just don't have addictive personalities

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, it wasn't the opening song. He got booed and bottled, badly. I don't know why people paid for weekend tickets and then stayed to boo Axl, a lot did though. Just because it was a good line up that year with or without GnR I think, so most there weren't exactly fans anyway. 

I live ten minutes away from Donington and lots of people going there stay around here or pass through the local pubs and stuff. I talked t a lot of them and they were saying they wanted to piss him off so he had a tantrum, it worked I guess.

All GnR crowds I've been in have booed him for being late, quite badly, but I think Download was on a whole other level.