GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I have to say though, as terrible as i find those pictures, i never get why people say, Steph is or was a gold digger. I mean, she used to be a very succesful model in 1990. Her relationship with Axl did not help her career at all. 

I understand that fans don't like Steph because Axl suffered from the breakup. But calling her a gold digger and basically implying sluttish behaviour? I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I have to say though, as terrible as i find those pictures, i never get why people say, Steph is or was a gold digger. I mean, she used to be a very succesful model in 1990. Her relationship with Axl did not help her career at all. 

I understand that fans don't like Steph because Axl suffered from the breakup. But calling her a gold digger and basically implying sluttish behaviour? I don't get it.

Well she married a mogul/millionaire, a guy much older than her. And he is not good looking at all either. I don't think she loves his inteligence :lol:

The Don't Cry topic in the main section had me watching a bunch of Don't Cry videos on youtube. This little part in the 11/11/2016 São Paulo show where Axl sings "Give me a kiss before you/ tell me goodbye" immediately made me think of you all hanging out in this little corner of the forum.

(2:58 if the time stamp doesn't work properly)

He's not really singing it into Slash's ear but it is close enough it made me think of you. Different angle:

(1:10)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well she married a mogul/millionaire, a guy much older than her. And he is not good looking at all either. I don't think she loves his inteligence :lol:

Haha. Like Axl admires those 20 year old models for their intelligence, I guess. :P 

Ok. So the gold diggering is not put in relation with her being with Axl? Because the gold digging business wasn't likely the reason for the break up though, regarding steph's accusations of abuse and domestic violence.

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes this. This is what makes her look this way....even if she's not.

12 minutes ago, Padme said:
19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Not to mention all the other older, rich powerful men that she messed around with before and during her time with Axl.

She's definitely a gold digger as far as I'm concerned.

I mean seriously, she herself was successfull and rich, and so was Axl. That together would have been more than enough for most people. But she nevertheless goes for the much older and unattractive guy (and he isn't a nice fellow either, quite the opposite).

Why? Because he's a billionaire, not just a millionaire like Axl and the other guys she dated. That's the only explanation why she tied the knot with that ugly old douche. And it came back to bite her in the ass.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

Regarding those pictures, I don't find them all that weird. Pecking is relatively common in Europe (and probably in many other places, I'm just speaking from experience) and in none of those pictures were there any hints of a full-blown make out session. It really did look like a simple mother-son kiss on the lips. The rest of the pictures were just hugs - don't get me wrong, it did look odd, but not perverted or disgusting.

Imo it's labeling such a thing as a taboo that allows actual incest to get increasingly popular - imagine being told that displaying physical affection with your family is inherently incestuous. You'll still want to do it but you'll have a consciousness that what you're doing is wrong and start to consider yourself a freak. In a lot of cases once that confidence in your sanity is breached, you start falling into a spiral of self-deprecation that could lead to actual mental illness. Simply put, the more you tell someone that what they're doing is wrong and insane, they'll accept themselves as wrong and insane and continue doing so. Sort of like Axl (when he mentioned he started doing drugs because everyone was already blaming him of it, so he went: I'll become whatever you say I am).

If you guys think this is incest, you clearly haven't watched Game of Thrones. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

Si sì sono italiana:P io arrivo da Torino ma essendo da sola ho preso il pullman delle 9 così non dovrò aspettare tanto prima dell'inizio del concerto:lol: a che ora arriverai tu?

46 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

Anche io non vedo l'ora!! :headbang: Se hai il posto unico in piedi allora possiamo incontrarci quel giorno! Scrivo in italiano che faccio prima;)

I think we should move to the Imola specific thread ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nonok said:

Regarding those pictures, I don't find them all that weird. Pecking is relatively common in Europe (and probably in many other places, I'm just speaking from experience) and in none of those pictures were there any hints of a full-blown make out session. It really did look like a simple mother-son kiss on the lips. The rest of the pictures were just hugs - don't get me wrong, it did look odd, but not perverted or disgusting.

Imo it's labeling such a thing as a taboo that allows actual incest to get increasingly popular - imagine being told that displaying physical affection with your family is inherently incestuous. You'll still want to do it but you'll have a consciousness that what you're doing is wrong and start to consider yourself a freak. In a lot of cases once that confidence in your sanity is breached, you start falling into a spiral of self-deprecation that could lead to actual mental illness. Simply put, the more you tell someone that what they're doing is wrong and insane, they'll accept themselves as wrong and insane and continue doing so. Sort of like Axl (when he mentioned he started doing drugs because everyone was already blaming him of it, so he went: I'll become whatever you say I am).

If you guys think this is incest, you clearly haven't watched Game of Thrones. :lol:

Well incest itself is something different than what we see on some of the fotos. And nowhere here has anybody even used that word. Touching your mother's boobs while kissing her is what I call stepping boarders.

I come from Europe, too. And pecking your parents or siblings etc. on the mouth is common, I have no problem with that.

I googled The photos and I don't see anything wrong with the beach photos, To me that looks like a family having fun ion the beach. the photo were she grabs her son and he appears to be touching her boob is just unfortunate timed photo. I find it sad when the media shames celebrity's for kissing thier children, pictures that capture an innocent moment can be very damning when looked at out of context or with a misleading tag line.

However I find the posed photo shoot of her and the older sons really odd. Why sexy pictures, unlacing her shoes, the zip of her skirt. I find unthis comfortable, if she was trying to help her sons modelling careers this was a weird way to do it IMO.

39 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I googled The photos and I don't see anything wrong with the beach photos, To me that looks like a family having fun ion the beach. the photo were she grabs her son and he appears to be touching her boob is just unfortunate timed photo. I find it sad when the media shames celebrity's for kissing thier children, pictures that capture an innocent moment can be very damning when looked at out of context or with a misleading tag line.

However I find the posed photo shoot of her and the older sons really odd. Why sexy pictures, unlacing her shoes, the zip of her skirt. I find unthis comfortable, if she was trying to help her sons modelling careers this was a weird way to do it IMO.

At the time it created a controversy in the media. Also later on she did an interview with Bazar Magazine. Again posing sexy with both Brant kids. This time she clearly meant to do it. It seems she was using the previous controversy for publicity. Or just, as Psychology calls it. It is  an Oedipus Complex Case. On top of that she said dating Axl was a mistake. Why she made that comment? Because during the interview and photo session someone there played Novermber Rain. Her first reaction was "Is that a practical joke?"

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 11:25 AM, Andy14 said:

Dear girls, boys, chairman and lurkers :ph34r:

I'd like to wish you all the best in the upcoming year.  musik36.gifmusik40.gif

More happy moments with grandpa 

axlyoung_zpst4k9qj2j.gif

moment_zps2oi6mh3t.gif

More moments like this

ftatr_zpsnun9pu5l.gif

hat_zpsrmq4sfqw.gif

Less moments like this :max:

hat2_zpsy5d0fwh9.gif

More Less clothing malfunctions :smiley-confused2:

shirt_zpsbgujqcyx.gif

insta35_zpsqsid07py.gif

More dance 

dancingaxl1_zpsdf0uiuaf.gif

dance_zps4iveuch5.gif

More adorably annoying friends :hug:

painintheass_zpsunh4rudh.gif

More ass

movetheass_zpsszoigvov.gif

More of this guy

adler2_zpsfxxxjvol.gif

Just a Happy New Year :wub:

15803482_970080156458131_331342801313936

Hide contents

izzyno_zpswkt0syju.jpg

Has anybody ever noticed the little swish Axl has to his walk? It's so adorable lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

does anyone know where you can read Slashs book for free online? its only in the US cant find a copy in the UK, such a shame looks like a good read :) ;)

Sorry, you want it for free or you want a copy? If you are willing to pay try Amazon. For free, I don't know

4 hours ago, Mary Cochrane said:

does anyone know where you can read Slashs book for free online? its only in the US cant find a copy in the UK, such a shame looks like a good read :) ;)

It was available on a sight called escribe, you can download the book as a free PDF all you have to do is subscribe to the site. i think Stevens book was also on there at one time. It's been many years since I have used it.