GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I feel like Stephanie is a little too comfortable with her sons although they said its ok because they are gay, is still find it uncomfortable, I saw some pictures of her bending down and her son behind her, her kissing and wrapping her arms around her sons neck, her about to look in her sons trunks. they definiatly have a very strange relationship. rather uncomfortable... :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Thank You for the replies, I will check out escribe and see if I can download it. I did try amazon but I couldn't find anyone selling in the UK. hopefully I can download it if not might have to try looking a bit harder for a UK copy :) Thanks Again Guys!

If you try amazon.com (US) and you might find it there. You can buy it as well. They might charge you something extra for shipping. Check it out and find out what the deal is.

I found it in amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Slash-Autobiography/0007257775/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483567177&sr=1-1&keywords=slash+autobiography

Edited by Padme

17 hours ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Thank You for the replies, I will check out escribe and see if I can download it. I did try amazon but I couldn't find anyone selling in the UK. hopefully I can download it if not might have to try looking a bit harder for a UK copy :) Thanks Again Guys!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slash-Autobiography-ebook/dp/B0070R7PAE/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483623380&sr=1-1&keywords=Slash

Also, you might be able to borrow it from your local library.  That's where I first got the book.

22 hours ago, dgnr said:

Facebook remind me that this happened one year ago today :wub:

My fb feed did that too. I remember I was such a skeptical little shit back then, didn't believe it was gonna happen right until the Trouboudour livestream. Had a bet going with a friend and lost £50 on it n all! But honestly, I had never been as happy to loose a bet as I had been that night... :lol:

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dgnr said:

Facebook remind me that this happened one year ago today :wub:

Oh that was so early in the year?  I did'nt knew it so early. I was not a NuGnR Fan at all and wasn't following their news.
When I discovered it, that was in July or August. I was bored and surfed the net and suddenly was like, "What does Axl do nowadays. Haven't heard from that man for ages". Must have been a couple of years. So then I googled and could'nt believe he was actually playing again with Duff and Slash. I was sitting there in front of the monitor shaking my head like - I don't know what. I then googled some more about Axl and GnR and discovered this forum and this thread. I haven't been bored ever since - and did learn a lot from here about "our guys", I must say. Thanks girls! :P 

I also did some more research and read some good and some not so good articles about the band from today and back then. I never knew so much and so fully than today. Back in the 90ies information was so rare, at least for me and besides yellow-press news, that I have never been so interested in.

On 4.1.2017 at 10:57 PM, Padme said:

If you try amazon.com (US) and you might find it there. You can buy it as well. They might charge you something extra for shipping. Check it out and find out what the deal is.

I found it in amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Slash-Autobiography/0007257775/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483567177&sr=1-1&keywords=slash+autobiography

In my spotify, there is slash's book as audio book for free.  

But as it is in german I wasn't so interested. Also because the reading guy tries to sound really cool and it sounds just ridiculous. But so you know. :)

On 05/01/2017 at 1:40 PM, Italian girl said:

I was so happy! Couldn't ask For more

I was so happy too, really happy. Glad Axl and Slash could finally get over their hate. So don't get me wrong when I say this...

A year already, and we still don't know anything and the band still doesn't function like any other normal band out there!! 

No hint of any new music, nothing but touring. That's really disappointing to me. I wish I could be more positive, I suppose I expect too much. 

Im starting to think the shows I'll be going to will just be closure, a nice ending, a fairytale ending if izzy were to turn up, but that's all :(

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

More positively, I got these in the post today..

IMG_2789.JPG

I put them away safe because my little boy wanted to play with them :lol:

I hope they make Izzy and Steven too. And for some bizarro reason, I'd like a Buckethead one. 

Is that just coincidence that Slash's and Duff's numbers match with their actual age or do we have some CSI:GN'R work to do here?

• Like 2

I don't get it why so many negativity regarding whether they'll stay like this or will they ever release another song or album or will Steven be permanent, Izzy comes back, etc. While the reunion itself, Axl's voice is so much better than past years, have surprised us.

Tbh, I do really hope they release new album if that means they're doing another world tour with new songs couple of years forward and by that time I will have higher chance to seeing them. :P 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

I don't get it why so many negativity regarding whether they'll stay like this or will they ever release another song or album or will Steven be permanent, Izzy comes back, etc. While the reunion itself, Axl's voice is so much better than past years, have surprised us.

Tbh, I do really hope they release new album if that means they're doing another world tour with new songs couple of years forward and by that time I will have higher chance to seeing them. :P 

Tbh I've seen this sort of a reaction time and time again on the forms for years. I've had similar reactions in the past.

In 2007 I told myself that I was done with Axl and CD, that it would never be released. Then 2008 happened.

In 2014/15 I was convinced that this was it for GnR, we would get nothing more. Then 2016 happened.

I think this sort of talk comes up during periods of inactivity from the band (from Axl tbh). It's especially difficult for the forum users who get used to analysing and re-analysing old and new information. This year has brought more activity from Axl than anyone anticipated, thus people again assumed that they were gearing up to something more. It's part of the reason I stopped posting here for so long, I wanted to break the habit. My attitude with the band now is expect nothing but enjoy whatever happens...:shrugs:

• Like 3