GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

13 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

that red horrible bathrobe :wow:

We've seen Axl in other fuck ugly bathrobes (which is weird to begin with), but if I'm remembering correctly those pictures looked like they were taken backstage or in a hotel, not on stage.  Who puts on that Elmo leopard print robe, looks in the mirror and thinks "Perfect!  Ready to go!"   :facepalm:

He was doing so good for while.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

From the Get In The Ring tour...

axl%20boxing%20robe_zps3z7glwip.jpg

... to the Get In The Bath tour

16123414_184401132037508_209371339764321

:lol:

At least, if he wants to wear a bathrobe, it could be something like this:

axl%20bathrobe_zpszeulm9lb.jpg

We need more dropping pants pictures, Slash or any band member :P

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Yeah. Honestly, I'm high but I think Slash loves Axl, he is his friend and Axl feels the same. Axl admires Slash and his unique talent. If I had to guess I'd say Axl knows there is only one Slash and Slash values the bond they both share and Axl cracks him up as well. 

Seeing them up there on stage like that is bittersweet for me. I'm happy Slash came back (and Duff as well) but it sucks that it took 20 years but beta late then never.

Slash should have never left Guns but I get the feeling he will never leave the band again and it's not just about money. I don't believe that.

Out of likes...but I agree

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Yeah. Honestly, I'm high but I think Slash loves Axl, he is his friend and Axl feels the same. Axl admires Slash and his unique talent. If I had to guess I'd say Axl knows there is only one Slash and Slash values the bond they both share and Axl cracks him up as well. 

Seeing them up there on stage like that is bittersweet for me. I'm happy Slash came back (and Duff as well) but it sucks that it took 20 years but beta late then never.

Slash should have never left Guns but I get the feeling he will never leave the band again and it's not just about money. I don't believe that.

They say being high bring out the wise in you :lol: but i agree, Axl said he have always wanted to people to see how incredible Slash was and i will quote, for Slash, his book: "There were moments there when I loved him to death, when he was just so cool and we had really close, heartfelt talks that he would lead.""

I come to think that this 20 years were necessary, now was the right time for them to reunite because now they're old enough to look past all the hurt they did each other and be more constructive, Axl seems more stable and Slash's sobriety seems really strong.

It's impossible to be just about money, the past and the emotions would sneak in surely, plus, Axl-heart-on-his-sleeve-Rose is too happy for it to be mere business without some sort of emotional resolution.

I'm the only one who likes the red bathrobe, i love my rockstar dressing kitschy :rofl-lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

From the Get In The Ring tour...

axl%20boxing%20robe_zps3z7glwip.jpg

... to the Get In The Bath tour

16123414_184401132037508_209371339764321

:lol:

At least, if he wants to wear a bathrobe, it could be something like this:

axl%20bathrobe_zpszeulm9lb.jpg

Just catching up with the thread and....ROTFL at this. But in that first pic, is Axl sporting wood? Or am I just being pervy? :smiley-confused2:

23 minutes ago, giuls said:
3 hours ago, Rovim said:

They say being high bring out the wise in you :lol: but i agree, Axl said he have always wanted to people to see how incredible Slash was and i will quote, for Slash, his book: "There were moments there when I loved him to death, when he was just so cool and we had really close, heartfelt talks that he would lead.""

I come to think that this 20 years were necessary, now was the right time for them to reunite because now they're old enough to look past all the hurt they did each other and be more constructive, Axl seems more stable and Slash's sobriety seems really strong.

It's impossible to be just about money, the past and the emotions would sneak in surely, plus, Axl-heart-on-his-sleeve-Rose is too happy for it to be mere business without some sort of emotional resolution.

I agree with both of you.

And the bolded is a good point.

As for the bathrobe... I'm not one to have a lot of opinions on fashion but I think it looks horrible :lol: Amusing though.

I wonder what they think about each other and the men they have grown into. Slash and Duff seem to have remained friends over the years so perhaps they see it less clearly, but Axl and Slash with such a gap must have made observations about each other. 

Regardless of the insults, accusations blah, blah blah these two have been through, sitting down having dinner, the first few times spending sometime together I wonder what was going off in there heads, what  impressions did they form of each other.

The early bonds and history between them all are perhaps enough to carry a friendship but as adults meeting for the first time, do you suppose they would like each other?

I'm probably not explaining  myself very well, It's like when you into a rekindle a friendship with a person you lost contact with for many years, are they  the person you thought they would be or has life changed them. It happened to me a couple of months back an old college friend who has moved back into the area after divorce, she has changed completely (or maybe it's me) very odd experience.

On 21.1.2017 at 0:42 AM, KiraMPD said:

I think I remember it being mentioned in Slash's book that Axl talked to him about his abusive childhood while they were living together at Slash's grandma's house pre-GnR. I'm not 100% sure on this though cuz I don't have the book near me atm and it's been a long time since I read it... I don't think it goes into the nature of the abuse though (sexual/physical/mental).

Yeah, I think Slash just says in his book that Axl talked to him about his past and growing up in Indiana.

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl said that, before the epiphany while driving, he had nightmares and some blurry memories since he was a kid (and his parents were telling him that the devil had put those thoughts in his head :unsure:), so it's possible that he had talked to Slash about that. But I'm not sure if Slash implied in the interview that Axl had told him the story years ago; maybe he just meant that he and Axl were close for years, so they felt comfortable to open and talk to each other about personal stuff like that. Axl had started 'therapy' more than a year before he went to the media and he may have talked to Slash some time in between (Duff mentioned that Axl was talking to him too about his 'discoveries' through the 'therapy')

Yeah that's perfectly possible and I'm not sure either, it just sort of sounded like that to me and made me think. It's hard to tell, especially with stuff that's been translated into/from another language.

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As for what Tom Zutaut said, I doubt it has anything to do. The story itself is incompatible with Axl's behavior for a period, when he thought that he could reconcile with his stepfather and be best friends with him; it's explicable if he was trying to find excuses for his stepdad for beating him and being oppressive (that he was doing it for Axl's own good etc), but not for sexually abusing him. There's the possibility of another buried memory, but then he couldn't have talked to Slash about it. There is also something else in the story that seems strange: the place where it supposedly happened (Zutaut said it was in the airport toilets, didn't he?). As far as it's known, Axl's family didn't travel outside Indiana; I think his stepfather was from somewhere else (Ohio?), but it doesn't seem that they went there to visit relatives or relatives were visiting them.

Anyway, regardless of what story Axl had told Slash and how long Slash knew, and even of whether the story was true, what matters is that Axl believed it and he was very sensitive about it, so Slash should have it in mind when he decided to play with MJ.

No, he didn't say airport, he said air force museum, so them not travelling probably doesn't matter.

Here's what Axl said according to Zutuat:

(I'll put in under a spoiler tag because this stuff is pretty disturbing):

Spoiler

"I know I've said no... but I wanna do this Rolling Stone interview and expose my stepfather for the monster he is and was. You know, he used to take me to an airforce museum and rape me in the toilets there. In the toilet stalls. You know, my mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up lies. I wanna use Rolling Stone because they've been bugging me to do this interview for so long, but I don't want them to put a white-wash on the story, I want it to come out as ugly and harsh as it is," because it was happening to his sister as well and he said "If even one kid reads this interview and it spares them this pain, I wanna help them."

There are a couple of things that get me about what Zutaut said in that documentary:

1) This would be a really, really sick thing to make up and lie about (and it's still pretty fucked up for him to just chat about this in a shitty documentary).

2) He's clearly not just confusing his stepfather with his biological father and that whole incident, because Zutaut's telling a completely different story than the one Axl told about his biological father (which was a horrible situation that happened once when Axl was a baby). Yet Zutaut talks about something that happened multiple times ("used to...") and Axl was clearly not a baby anymore if he was able to tell his mom.

3) The details in Zutaut's story. If he were to hypothetically lie and just make up a sick story like that for some fucked up reason, it's unlikely he would come up with specific little details like "air force museum". That's not really something that would just pop into your head if you you were making something up usually.

4) The "My mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up 'lies'" bit. His mom was perfectly aware of her husband beating her children according to Axl, so what was it that she wouldn't believe? If she knew about the physical abuse (and even participated in it, judging by the things Axl has said), then there's not much left that could be disturbing enough for her to react with denial. Not to mention the fact that mothers refusing to believe their children and choosing their husbands/partners over them is something that happens pretty frequently.

5) Zutaut saying it was "happening to his sister as well". We know that Axl's stepdad was sexually abusing his sister, so Zutaut's not wrong about that and seems to know the basic facts at least.

I'm really not sure what to think. It goes against everything we know and Axl has never said anything like that himself. But looking at it this way, I can't rule it out completely. I've been kind of baffled and disturbed by this ever since I watched that BBC documentary and now that I've thought it through I see why.

About that audio interview... I think it's been posted once before in this thread, but it rarely gets brought up, so thanks for posting it again. It's an interesting interview. But I don't necessarily agree that Axl naively saying "my daddy is my best friend now" can be counted as concrete proof of his stepfather not abusing him in that way. I came across cases of rape/sexual abuse victims forgiving/trying to forgive their abusers (or even deluding themselves into thinking they could be a happy family or have a healthy relationship again) more than a couple of times during the course of a former job I had. I will never forget the young woman who basically told me things are fine between her and her father now, because her father was just going through a difficult time when the assaults happened and he promised her he would never do that again :scared: I'll fully admit my perception is probably a bit coloured by these experiences, but yeah, Axl's short-lived attempt at building a relationship with his stepfather again doesn't necessarily indicate all that much to me. 

Anyway, regardless of what story Axl had told Slash and how long Slash knew, and even of whether the story was true, what matters is that Axl believed it and he was very sensitive about it, so Slash should have it in mind when he decided to play with MJ.

Agreed.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I wonder what they think about each other and the men they have grown into. Slash and Duff seem to have remained friends over the years so perhaps they see it less clearly, but Axl and Slash with such a gap must have made observations about each other. 

Regardless of the insults, accusations blah, blah blah these two have been through, sitting down having dinner, the first few times spending sometime together I wonder what was going off in there heads, what  impressions did they form of each other.

The early bonds and history between them all are perhaps enough to carry a friendship but as adults meeting for the first time, do you suppose they would like each other?

I'm probably not explaining  myself very well, It's like when you into a rekindle a friendship with a person you lost contact with for many years, are they  the person you thought they would be or has life changed them. It happened to me a couple of months back an old college friend who has moved back into the area after divorce, she has changed completely (or maybe it's me) very odd experience.

I know what you mean, had lunch with my best friend from high school after moving back here, we used to go everywhere together to the point people thought we were sisters, both of us have been married and divorced twice, she had mellowed out a lot more than I have... we still plan to go out some soon, but it's just different... funny thing is she was a stripper for a while after her first marriage and now I seem to be the wilder one.:P

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I think Slash just says in his book that Axl talked to him about his past and growing up in Indiana.

Yeah that's perfectly possible and I'm not sure either, it just sort of sounded like that to me and made me think. It's hard to tell, especially with stuff that's been translated into/from another language.

No, he didn't say airport, he said air force museum, so them not travelling probably doesn't matter.

Here's what Axl said according to Zutuat:

(I'll put in under a spoiler tag because this stuff is pretty disturbing):

Hide contents

"I know I've said no... but I wanna do this Rolling Stone interview and expose my stepfather for the monster he is and was. You know, he used to take me to an airforce museum and rape me in the toilets there. In the toilet stalls. You know, my mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up lies. I wanna use Rolling Stone because they've been bugging me to do this interview for so long, but I don't want them to put a white-wash on the story, I want it to come out as ugly and harsh as it is," because it was happening to his sister as well and he said "If even one kid reads this interview and it spares them this pain, I wanna help them."

There are a couple of things that get me about what Zutaut said in that documentary:

1) This would be a really, really sick thing to make up and lie about (and it's still pretty fucked up for him to just chat about this in a shitty documentary).

2) He's clearly not just confusing his stepfather with his biological father and that whole incident, because Zutaut's telling a completely different story than the one Axl told about his biological father (which was a horrible situation that happened once when Axl was a baby). Yet Zutaut talks about something that happened multiple times ("used to...") and Axl was clearly not a baby anymore if he was able to tell his mom.

3) The details in Zutaut's story. If he were to hypothetically lie and just make up a sick story like that for some fucked up reason, it's unlikely he would come up with specific little details like "air force museum". That's not really something that would just pop into your head if you you were making something up usually.

4) The "My mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up 'lies'" bit. His mom was perfectly aware of her husband beating her children according to Axl, so what was it that she wouldn't believe? If she knew about the physical abuse (and even participated in it, judging by the things Axl has said), then there's not much left that could be disturbing enough for her to react with denial. Not to mention the fact that mothers refusing to believe their children and choosing their husbands/partners over them is something that happens pretty frequently.

5) Zutaut saying it was "happening to his sister as well". We know that Axl's stepdad was sexually abusing his sister, so Zutaut's not wrong about that and seems to know the basic facts at least.

I'm really not sure what to think. It goes against everything we know and Axl has never said anything like that himself. But looking at it this way, I can't rule it out completely. I've been kind of baffled and disturbed by this ever since I watched that BBC documentary and now that I've thought it through I see why.

About that audio interview... I think it's been posted once before in this thread, but it rarely gets brought up, so thanks for posting it again. It's an interesting interview. But I don't necessarily agree that Axl naively saying "my daddy is my best friend now" can be counted as concrete proof of his stepfather not abusing him in that way. I came across cases of rape/sexual abuse victims forgiving/trying to forgive their abusers (or even deluding themselves into thinking they could be a happy family or have a healthy relationship again) more than a couple of times during the course of a former job I had. I will never forget the young woman who basically told me things are fine between her and her father now, because her father was just going through a difficult time when the assaults happened and he promised her he would never do that again :scared: I'll fully admit my perception is probably a bit coloured by these experiences, but yeah, Axl's short-lived attempts at building a relationship with his stepfather again doesn't necessarily indicate all that much to me. 

Agreed.

I agree with all you wrote about  Zataut... I don't know what to think either.  You are right that sometimes abuse victims tend to forgive their abusers but it's really strange that Axl talked about his biological father and what he did to him but not about his step dad... Maybe he was trying to  blame for everything that happened in his childhood his biological father and wanted to believe that his stepdad wasn't the monster that he was so he decided to say nothing about this abuses...

i don't know really and I think it's something too personal to be discussed... The only thing  that I know is when I saw the BBC documentary and heard  Zataut's story I went to the bathroom to cry cause I was really upset by it so I really hope it's not true cause Axl had a very fucked up childhood that most of us can't really figure out even without this story.

• Like 1