GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Why is being a fan of this band such a rollercoaster?? One minute I love them and the next I don't even know...

Theres no other band I've ever felt like this about it's :) then :unsure: 

Gutted with what Steven has said about him and Izzy but then still excited to be seeing Slash, Duff and Axl - you see :) :unsure: at the same time! 

Fucking GnR!! 

Pretty much all of this ^^. I got to see them twice last year and  you could just feel that those guys still had something together.  I thought that there was no way this band wasn't going to keep going. There would be (eventually) some new music, sooner or later we'd see Izzy and Steven come back, they'd do something epic for the 30 year anniversary for AFD.  Now though, it just kind of feels like the last year has been exactly what all the skeptics said it was - a big cash grab nostalgia tour.  Damn you Steven Adler for bursting my bubble.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Why is being a fan of this band such a rollercoaster?? One minute I love them and the next I don't even know...

Theres no other band I've ever felt like this about it's :) then :unsure: 

Gutted with what Steven has said about him and Izzy but then still excited to be seeing Slash, Duff and Axl - you see :) :unsure: at the same time! 

Fucking GnR!! 

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

It sucks to see but at the same time I think we all knew that's what he was going to say. He just confirmed what we were already thinking.

39 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Pretty much all of this ^^. I got to see them twice last year and  you could just feel that those guys still had something together.  I thought that there was no way this band wasn't going to keep going. There would be (eventually) some new music, sooner or later we'd see Izzy and Steven come back, they'd do something epic for the 30 year anniversary for AFD.  Now though, it just kind of feels like the last year has been exactly what all the skeptics said it was - a big cash grab nostalgia tour.  Damn you Steven Adler for bursting my bubble.  

Can you guys please enlighten me to wtf Steven said - or where I can read it? What did he say about Izzy and him? What about GnR? 

Sounds so fucking dramatic and sad, what you all just said.

Just now, Tori72 said:

Can you guys please enlighten me to wtf Steven said - or where I can read it? What did he say about Izzy and him? What about GnR? 

Sounds so fucking dramatic and sad, what you all just said.

It was in his Reddit AMA

Steven: I think that's what Axl was thinking. We played that show at the Ritz that was live on MTV one night and he introduced me as Steven Popcorn Adler. That one and only time. He would always introduce me as Steven California Indica Bud Adler. I'm a big pot smoker. So, that one night that it happened to be live on TV, out of nowhere he just called me popcorn and it just stuck. I think it was like when I play my hair bounces up and down. Like popcorn popping in a machine. I don't know. He's insane. I don't know why the hell he did it. It just happened. He just called me that.

Deanna: I never like that, by the way. I never liked that.

Steven: I had a great time last year doing the couple shows that I got to do with them, but it was everything that I thought it was going to be. It was the complete opposite. If it was going be just the five original guys with Dizzy and Axl, Slash, and Duff and myself, then yes I will, but otherwise, it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and Dizzy actually really do wanna be a part of it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Makes me wonder more.. what happened in Argentina? That cutting him to one song imo was deliberate - by Axl. 

Maybe Steven doesn't wanna do things the way they are and maybe Axl pushed him out cos he never wanted him there to begin with.

Bingo! 

6 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

How annoyed do you think Axl was when Steven's Mom said she didn't like his popcorn nickname?

I noticed that.... funny thing is I just now heard that intro, listening to the 1991 Ritz concert now. Steven also said he's insane in that same reply today. I doubt Axl is very happy about it. I did noticed Steven kept saying things today to piss his mom off...:P

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typo

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

How annoyed do you think Axl was when Steven's Mom said she didn't like his popcorn nickname?

Probably just a teensy bit. That name was one of affection. And I would think she would rather Axl call him something healthy instead of the king of getting blazed as fuck.

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I noticed that.... funny thing is I just now heard that intro, listening to the 1991 Ritz concert now. Steven also said he's insane in that same reply today. I doubt Axl is very happy about it. I did noticed Steven kept saying things today to piss his mom of...:P

They definitely have a weird relationship. Somebody in the AMA thread said it reminded them of Norman Bates and I about spit out my drink laughing. lol I guess it's a good thing they're on good terms now. Things were pretty bad between him when they did the celebrity rehab thing awhile back.

• Like 2

Thank you @Kris_1989. I am just reading the reddit AMA. And as @Rocketqueen76 said, Steven seemd to have objections to the line-up of the current tour.

It also confuses me, that he wrote "Dizzy" and not "Izzy" when referring to the original 5. Anyway, he obviously isn't too please with Axl. And whatever those two have or rather have not, is the reason for Steven only playing one song and not wanting to come back.

I still want to believe that there is more than the money. Look at Axl's smiling face! And I do believe it was a matter of the heart to Duff as well.

I don't believe in a new GnR album, though. I think they will do this tour and that's it. And it is totally fine with me.

Only I really hope Izzy will turn up for a couple of songs / shows. I really got into his music and style and got to love his work over the last months.

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thank you @Kris_1989. I am just reading the reddit AMA. And as @Rocketqueen76 said, Steven seemd to have objections to the line-up of the current tour.

It also confuses me, that he wrote "Dizzy" and not "Izzy" when referring to the original 5. Anyway, he obviously isn't too please with Axl. And whatever those two have or rather have not, is the reason for Steven only playing one song and not wanting to come back.

I still want to believe that there is more than the money. Look at Axl's smiling face! And I do believe it was a matter of the heart to Duff as well.

I don't believe in a new GnR album, though. I think they will do this tour and that's it. And it is totally fine with me.

Only I really hope Izzy will turn up for a couple of songs / shows. I really got into his music and style and got to love his work over the last months.

I'm 99% sure the people typing for him screwed up the Dizzy thing and he meant Izzy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I noticed that.... funny thing is I just now heard that intro, listening to the 1991 Ritz concert now. Steven also said he's insane in that same reply today. I doubt Axl is very happy about it. I did noticed Steven kept saying things today to piss his mom off...:P

To be honest, after watching the LA morning interview and all things considered, I think both Axl and Adler are a bit nutty. 

The insane comment stuck out though, much more than the popcorn crap.

I bet TB are scrambling about as we speak, in full on blank Axl from the internet mode. 

34 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:lol:

Mind you, I shouldn't laugh, im just one of those "miserable English fuckers" ?

Damnit, that's annoying. What is the reason for taking it down? It wasn't compromising in any way, it was quite flattering and such a treat for all of us fans to see. I'm pissed.

• Like 2

Just now, Ubukitty said:

Damnit, that's annoying. What is the reason for taking it down? It wasn't compromising in any way, it was quite flattering and such a treat for all of us fans to see. I'm pissed.

I have no idea why, It was nothing out of the ordinary :shrugs:

Like someone said earlier, probably the work of TB.