GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl must surely look at this forum at least once in a while. It must be virtually impossible to not wonder what your die hard fan base is saying, even if you don't care for their opinions. 

I can't think of a single man who could resist looking at  a women's discussion thread that is 95% about him. God, no wonder he doesn't have a serious relationship-- we probably scare the hell out of him.  So, as @BlueJean Baby said, we love ya Axl, just don't wear the pink bathrobe and we'll all be friends again.:P

Deanna: Well, I was. And you hear all this medical bunk about co-dependency. All I know is I have never given up on Steven. If I had given up on Steven, he would probably be dead now. I'm happy that I never gave up. So, who's the wiser here? My son is clean, happy, and playing drums again. Please, everyone. Read the book. Buy the book. Buy the book and read it. You're gonna love. You're gonna see that everything's gonna be alright.

Did this comment during the AMA annoy anybody else? It's like she's brushing off co-dependency as not being a real thing. :facepalm:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
21 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

IMO, the best fckn video I've seen since being a member. Shows just how bad ass he really is and how exciting and adrenaline pumping to be walking into those crowds. Great great shot. Makes my heart pump and feel like I'm there experiencing it live. Love love love.

Aaaaannd it's gone!! :( 

What was in the video? I missed it.

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

It was in his Reddit AMA

So please correct me if I'm wrong regarding the Steven Reddit questions and answers. When he said Dizzy, he actually meant Izzy correct? And when he said playing with them last year was everything he thought it would be, is he being sarcastic? Meaning same old shit? Also why does everyone think that because Izzy and Steven aren't coming back that means no new album? I'm really curious to see where this goes after this tour ends, I mean there's nowhere else to go that hasn't heard the same old songs.

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

It was in his Reddit AMA

Just now, Ubukitty said:

So please correct me if I'm wrong regarding the Steven Reddit questions and answers. When he said Dizzy, he actually meant Izzy correct? And when he said playing with them last year was everything he thought it would be, is he being sarcastic? Meaning same old shit? Also why does everyone think that because Izzy and Steven aren't coming back that means no new album? I'm really curious to see where this goes after this tour ends, I mean there's nowhere else to go that hasn't heard the same old songs.

I think what he was trying to say was without all 5 guys the magic wasn't there. So when he played with them in 2016 it wasn't what he thought it was going to be.

1 minute ago, Ubukitty said:

They can come back to Atlanta, I have been trying to see them for thirty years, and missed last year due to having to pay my ex to go away....come back here, play anything you want to and I will be ecstatic...:lol::lol::lol:

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What was in the video? I missed it.

It was about 10 seconds long and it was Axl walking through that black curtain at the entrance to the stage and you could hear the gunshots going off in the background.  He had that swagger walk going, where you just know he's going to tear the place down.  

I am wondering if Kat has some sort of contract that says only she can shot/post that type of footage?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think what he was trying to say was without all 5 guys the magic wasn't there. So when he played with them in 2016 it wasn't what he thought it was going to be.

I can't help but feel bad for him, of course not knowing all the facts. Then why did they even bring him on stage? Just to keep the fans interested? Is that what they wanted from Izzy? Just a couple of pop up performances to keep the fans buying tickets and when they're satisfied with what they've made money wise they just walk away. This shit screws with my head. Anyone here buying the book?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

I can't help but feel bad for him, of course not knowing all the facts. Then why did they even bring him on stage? Just to keep the fans interested? Is that what they wanted from Izzy? Just a couple of pop up performances to keep the fans buying tickets and when they're satisfied with what they've made money wise they just walk away. This shit screws with my head. Anyone here buying the book?

If it becomes available on kindle I can get it and take one for the team. But right now it's like $24 on amazon and says it wont ship for 1-2 weeks.

Edited by Kris_1989

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I took it a little different. I thought when he said that it wasn't what he thought it would be, he meant that he had been misled somehow. Like he went into it thinking it would be the five of them and then when it wasn't the magic wasn't there. But trying to figure out this band is like :wow:

3 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Nope not buying the book....she seems like a very bitter lady with a major ax to grind and a guilty conscious to clear up

11 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

They can come back to Atlanta, I have been trying to see them for thirty years, and missed last year due to having to pay my ex to go away....come back here, play anything you want to and I will be ecstatic...:lol::lol::lol:

Aww, you deserve to see them. I really hope it happens for you. Last year was my first time seeing them live after being a fan for 30 years. It was every bit worth it. Damn ex.

• Like 4

I was thinking of buying it to read on the plane for a work trip I have to do soon, but she kind annoyed me today, so now I'm not sure.  I hate the title ......it wasn't Guns N' Roses fault she lost her son and she only put it in the title to use the GNR name.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Blackstar it was literally just a few seconds of Axl walking out onto the stage in slow mo. Nothing at all delete worthy, didn't even see his face. 

Then why would TB want it taken down? Maybe it's a legal/contractual thing, like @Fansince88 said, and only the members of the band, management and Kat are allowed to post backstage footage.

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Steven: I think that's what Axl was thinking. We played that show at the Ritz that was live on MTV one night and he introduced me as Steven Popcorn Adler. That one and only time. He would always introduce me as Steven California Indica Bud Adler. I'm a big pot smoker. So, that one night that it happened to be live on TV, out of nowhere he just called me popcorn and it just stuck. I think it was like when I play my hair bounces up and down. Like popcorn popping in a machine. I don't know. He's insane. I don't know why the hell he did it. It just happened. He just called me that.

Deanna: I never like that, by the way. I never liked that.

Steven: I had a great time last year doing the couple shows that I got to do with them, but it was everything that I thought it was going to be. It was the complete opposite. If it was going be just the five original guys with Dizzy and Axl, Slash, and Duff and myself, then yes I will, but otherwise, it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and Dizzy actually really do wanna be a part of it.

I don't understand why Steven and his mom have been so annoyed with "popcorn". It's not anything derogatory and I always thought it was cute. Obviously Axl and mom Adler never liked each other. I think Axl once said that among the reasons he wouldn't want to deal with Steven was that he'd have to deal with his mom too.

Steven's  "he's insane" comment reminded me of another one of his from 2010:

He's insane — that's it. The bottom line — the fucker's insane. I said it. OK, fine, fuck me. I said it — he's insane. I try and try to be fucking so cool about him... I swear to God, he's a nutball.

and also this, after the RHOF induction:

I have no desire to know [Axl] or work with him or do anything with him again. Letting go of that was like a huge weight was lifted off my body. I feel fucking free. Yay! [...] and in Axl’s letter [regarding Hall of Fame induction], he showed his true colors to the world. After that, that’s it. [...] I think it’s disrespect. He's not for the fans, which is everybody in the world. Basically, he told everybody in the world, "Fuck you, I don’t give a shit what you think." [...] [What Axl said about Steven in the HOF letter] doesn’t even make any sense. That’s Axl, he doesn’t make any sense, and that’s it, I’m done with him, I’m never mentioning him or talking about him again. That’s it. One last thing – god bless him. [...] Myles Kennedy did a number on that other redhead. He did a phenomenal job, stepping into those big redheaded shoes. [...] I’m telling the truth, I never heard a boo like that in my life [when Axl's name was mentioned at the HOF ceremony]. It was frightening. I was sitting there going, "Man, god forbid they were doing that at me." That would be soul-crushing, you would think. But that redheaded guy, I was standing onstage, I looked at Duff and said, "You know what the crazy thing is, Axl’s so back-ass backwards that he probably likes it." Instead of going, "Wow, that’s harsh," he’s going, "Yeah, fuck yeah, I love it." [...] He’s got nothing in the world to be angry about. It’s so great to move on from that, to get that out of my life and out of my system. You ever have somebody that you know, but they’re not in your life, you don’t see them, you don’t talk to them, but you think about them, and it makes your stomach get all tight, and you go, "Son of a bitch," and you don’t even talk to the guy or see them – that’s what that asshole would do to me. It’s just great to not have that feeling in my stomach anymore. It’s good to move on. It’s like getting off of heroin, "Oh, I feel so much better, my god, what a relief, I’m not sick anymore"

I don't think though that Axl's reason for not letting Steven have a bigger role than 1-2 songs in a few shows is that he has hard feelings. I don't believe that he hates him or anything, or that he takes what Steven says too seriously; even Axl can see now that Steven is like a ten-year-old and his words are not mean intended (especially the quote about the RHOF is childish and hilarious, maybe with the exception of the "back-ass backwards" bit).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

Just now, Ubukitty said:

I don't think I was around for that one. Who is Axl Rose's future wife?

She wasn't here for long. I just remember her because she used to air her dirty laundry a lot, over and over and over and of course she wanted to marry Axl. That's why I'm curious. I hope she's doing well.