GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I can live with that :lol: Glad you share my love for glammy Axl :heart:

You're right, that one's great as well. I don't know why, but I really love that picture :heart: Wish we'd get all of these LA Street scene pics one day (and in better quality!).

I was merely replying in kind to your statement about Axl "NEVER" wearing make up. I disagreed and since you were stating your opinion as fact, I went ahead and did the same with mine. And for the record, I think Axl with his natural look was gorgeous as well, but he was one of the few guys who could pull that glam look off and he rocked it.

That first picture is a little too glammy even for me :P

But you're right, Duff was the second prettiest girl in the band :lol:

http://2fast2die.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Duff-bandanna.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/06/d2/ca/06d2ca2b741dacf6b244d22b4f3e839c.jpg

http://pic.baike.soso.com/p/20130807/20130807100042-1394115138.jpg

http://img04.deviantart.net/e2aa/i/2012/137/5/1/duff__3_by_axlidol-d5046ze.jpg

Honorable mention for Izzy as well:

http://community.fansshare.com/pic16/w/izzy-stradlin/1200/8259_izzy_stradlin.jpg

I think the only ones that could never really pull that look off are Slash and Steven. They're a bit too manly looking for that. Slash always looked best with minimal styling imo. Jeans or leather pants, no shirt and long curls flowing in the wind. :heart:

I love that first picture!

And I think the WTTJ video was probably what made me fall in love with him and this band (I think it was the second video I ever saw). It's still one of my favorites.

I think it was an interesting choice as well. Many people seem to think this picture of him is awful, but I don't hate that picture at all. I also noticed him wearing a Bauhaus shirt and listening to The Cult and all that, but I don't know much more about these bands than the fact that they exist. The type of "gothic" thing I grew up with were bands like HIM.

@-W.A.R- I like that picture as well, he's really cute there. But I'm always distracted by the little furry animal between his legs :lol:

Anyway, I remembered some more of my favorite glammy Axl pictures. Look at how young and innocent Axl looks in this one! (He's also wearing Duff's hat :heart:)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/GnR/Ua2UPwpNZ3g.jpg~original

And in these. He was really such a child still back then:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/mediapreview.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/tumblr_mam0evVq8k1rpocpro1_r1_500.jpg~original

I also really like these:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/c2223d31a7281a10192725981a109f95.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/tumblr_nqvlwuqt841qi31ff0.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/22e9756d3aedf3f626ce0be7eeaff852.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/GnR/090604024801470577.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/GnR/0000fz83.jpg~original

Band pics because they're fun:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/GnR/2009-08-1219-32-59_0052.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/GnR/yYSRc4MfV0c.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/GnR/lPM74XrfLxk.jpg~original

And this is probably the biggest Axl's hair ever got:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/giphy.gif~original

:P

agree to disagree. his natural look is perfection to me. and I am not opposed to the "glam" look I thought bret michaels totally rocked the pink lipstick :P Axl to me looks best with his long straight hair and no make up ( redheads don't look great in pink lipstick I should know I am one .) one of my favorite looks of his was the Noblesville concert cos he looks so natural, just a gorgeous man he doesn't need the other stuff to take away from his amazing look :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

By the way, have you guys noticed that Axl seems to be losing weight again? In the Axl/DC picture thread he seems to be back to the Vegas/Coachella weight. Looks like he's out to prove he can be thinner than Slash again. :lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nonok said:

By the way, have you guys noticed that Axl seems to be losing weight again? In the Axl/DC picture thread he seems to be back to the Vegas/Coachella weight. Looks like he's out to prove he can be thinner than Slash again. :lol:

Yes. I thought he seemed to have lost a bit of weight too, especially around his face, still could do with losing some more to catch Slash up 

Does anyone know where this is from? Looks like it's from the BBC documentary, so probably Mark Canter's footage, but what show or event was that?

Also Axl looks like he stepped out of some vampire movie there :P

Edited by Frey

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

why OMG?

18 hours ago, oaka said:

I think because of the amazing close-up. He looks seriously good. 

exactly :heart:

18 hours ago, oaka said:

Really? I don't think so. I would say "intense". I actually really like him here. 

Me too! I love his intense stare

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Yeah, but not too much. His problem is around the belly. Fat in that area is really hard to burn, especially if he doesn't cut on the booze and the burgers. 

I think he's gonna lose some weight because a 2 hours show have to definitely make you sweat. The important thing is he doesn't regain all the calories he burns in one show.

54 minutes ago, Frey said:

Does anyone know where this is from? Looks like it's from the BBC documentary, so probably Mark Canter's footage, but what show or event was that?

Also Axl looks like he stepped out of some vampire movie there :P

It is indeed from the BBC documentary and the show is one from 1986, I think, when they played in the streets of Hollywood. There are pictures of this, taken by photographer Richard King. Axl goes on stage wearing a thong and I guess he's later hit by a bottle so the band leaves and Axl tells them to fuck off. Lol.

Fat pictures, it really depends on the angle. I look fat as a whale if they take a pic from below or same height I am. Ligh is also a factor.

He's tired of pictures, poor Axl :cry:

I want to know what's in his pocket. Are those tissue handkerchiefs? A smartphone?

18 hours ago, stella said:

The Gothic/S&M look was an interesting choice for him, IMHO. It wouldn't have worked within the style of the band or their music, but it might have been intriguing to see what he could have done if he'd done some goth stuff on his own. I'd love to see what he could do with, say, Bauhaus or Sisters of Mercy songs. He sounds great when he's down on that end of his register and I could see him really rocking the '92 version of "Temple of Love" or "When You Don't See Me."

Very interesting remark! This style would certainly fit his voice. I'm not sure though if the symbolic/mystic themes associated with it appeal to him; he may like some of this stuff but not to the extent of being influenced by it. It'd be interesting to know how familiar he is with the broader post-punk/dark wave movement and what he thinks of e.g Joy Division (one of my top favorite bands); I think this genre wasn't so popular in the U.S. in the 80s at it was in UK/Europe.

17 hours ago, stella said:

I just thought it was an interesting and not unpleasant style choice for him and I would have loved to see him explore more of that genre or do some of those songs (it's still not too late for the latter). There are some photos of him back in the day with a Bauhaus shirt and in an interview he said he was listening to The Cure, so he likes or is at least appreciative of some goth stuff.

Yeah, I remember him saying he was exploring The Cure at that time. The Cure have been gone through different phases/musical styles though; they started as post punk, they were goth in the early 80s (they returned to it with Disintegration), then they were more pop-orientated.

I didn't know about the Bauhaus shirt (I learn something new every day :lol:). Impressive! I googled it to find a picture or video, and look what I discovered:

Pete Murphy to work with Axl Rose?

Written by johnrobb2 October, 2011

God Knows if this will ever happen but it’s an intriguing idea.

Former Bauhaus vocalist Pete Murphy has written to Axl Rose asking if he wants to work with him because Murphy is ‘interested in reaching out to that audience’ accruing to an interview with the Drowned In Sound website.

DiS: What are you up to at this present moment in time?

Peter Murphy: I'm getting ready for an American tour at the moment. It's a double headliner with a band called She Wants Revenge. I've also recently sent a letter to Axl Rose asking him if he wants to work with me. In the 1980s he wore one of my t-shirts during an interview, plus I'd like to reach that audience. In a couple of days I'm heading off to Istanbul to mix some live tracks that will form an EP that's coming out soon. The EP's called The Secret Bees Of Ninth. They're not so much outtakes, but songs that were more epic than the majority of Ninth, in a similar vein to 'Creme De La Creme', which is the last song on the album. I decided not to put them on the album as it would have sent the record out of kilter in a way. I'm also talking to some film producers both here in L.A. and back home in Turkey for possible acting parts.

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4143586-i-m-relevant-but-bauhaus-aren-t---dis-meets-peter-murphy

:wow:

I had no idea about this. It would be amazing. I wonder what happened. Wasn't Axl interested?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

@killuridols So, like, they begin the show with It's So Easy, but right after the end of the song Axl goes into a rant about how Slash has never gotten out of his ass because he's a gay fag and Slash punches him and then Axl starts singing Back Off Bitch etc. And then they play all those songs we mentioned, while Duff is just shaking his head,Richard is doing his pirouettes and Melissa is having a dubstep-like seizure. And then comes the moment in Jungle when Axl goes "feel my serpentine" in front of Slash and then it's time for the encore which does not include PC, but Estranged, Don't Cry, Buick Makane, Gotten, Battleground and This I love. :lol:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Very interesting remark! This style would certainly fit his voice. I'm not sure though if the symbolic/mystic themes associated with it appeal to him; he may like some of this stuff but not to the extent of being influenced by it. It'd be interesting to know how familiar he is with the broader post-punk/dark wave movement and what he thinks of e.g Joy Division (one of my top favorite bands); I think this genre wasn't so popular in the U.S. in the 80s at it was in UK/Europe.

Yeah, I remember him saying he was exploring The Cure at that time. The Cure have been gone through different phases/musical styles though; they started as post punk, they were goth in the early 80s (they returned to it with Disintegration), then they were more pop-orientated.

I didn't know about the Bauhaus shirt (I learn something new every day :lol:). Impressive! I googled it to find a picture or video, and look what I discovered:

:wow:

I had no idea about this. It would be amazing. I wonder what happened. Wasn't Axl interested?

I would be interested to know that too! And I agree, I don't think it was nearly as popular or known in the USA as it was in the UK. Bands like Joy Division were actually totally unknown to me until way after they were popular. I was admittedly a wee one in the 80s but I don't remember hearing about most of those bands. Even The Cure didn't seem to really do well here until Disintegration and by then they'd been big in Europe for like a decade.

And The Cure is interesting, aren't they? Total chameleons depending on what year one is looking at. Wish was a total 180 from Disintegration...I did think Bloodflowers and some of 4:13 were back to goth-land, though.

I didn't know that Peter Murphy had reached out to Axl! That would be amazing, I bet. I would love, love to see what they could do if they were collaborating on something. It's a good point that Axl might like the music but not enough to let it influence him, though. This is Axl in the Bauhaus shirt - he wore it to the CBGB Record Canteen gig, which was taped, and he seemed to very deliberately choose the shirts he wanted to show off, so I thought it was kind of cool that he wanted to show off Bauhaus. :)

It's

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol:

No. In this SPECIAL GIG that takes place in ST. LOUIS, they play a special setlist they never did before and it consists of only HATER songs, specifically those that were written during the breakup years by both factions: Axl and his CD songs, Slash and his Snakepit songs, Duff/Slash/Matt and their VR songs.

Axl is 4 hours late and as soon as he sees people pulling up their cellphones, he spends an entire hour going into the audience and personally taking care of each cellphone. Climbs back on stage with 3 bags full of technology.

Slash plays all CD songs solos distorted and change them to make them unrecognizable. Summons Scott Weiland back from death and both dance the dance of the black crow to the rhythm of 'Slither'. Axl screams on the mic calling Yoda to come save him from the dark spirits that just took the stage. Yells that Slash and Scott have been replaced by a different soul. Then Beta jumps on stage, lights some incense and dances a Brazilian ritual of air purification.

Duff face palms, opens his book and starts reading his columns to the crowd, in an attempt to make things normal again but Axl goes back on stage wearing devil horns and starts singing Highway To Hell. Then Grandpa Angus duck walks with his guitar and plays an 18 minute long solo. People in the audience fall asleep and become oblivious to the crazy shit that's going on.

Slash wakes up from his temporary death and jumps over Axl, pulls his hair and throws him on the floor, while Duff is in the background singing Beggars & Hangers on. The 'Freak Show', who are all happy and high on drugs, think this is an invitation for them to go onstage, so they all climb up and dance some kind of Spice Girls choreography. Sasha, only covered in white sheet, make ballerina moves, grabs the mic and sings 'Material Girl'. Some nut girl in the audience gets furious and pulls the white sheet from her, leaving her totally naked. Sasha runs backstage and the whole Freak Show follows.

Axl and Slash are still on the floor :bitchfight: over Slash's book. Axl screams he's gonna burn that shit down, so he lights a match and sets the book on fire, then throws it in the middle of the stage. Slash and Duff then go backstage and come back pulling a Walmart cart full of Chinese Democracy CDs, dump it next to Slash burning book and start playing frisbee with them, smash them on the floor and jump on them. 

Axl grabs the mic and says: "this is it! GET IN THE RING MOTHERFUCKERS!" Changes the lyrics and insults all former members, blame them for everything and when he's done, he smashes mic to the ground and screams "Thanks to the lame ass reunion shows I want no more! Take me home, Angus!". A helicopter descends into the stage, Stevie Young is the pilot. Cliff Williams, who's sitting inside, extends his arm to Axl and Axl jumps in. Helicopter flies away to Australia. Never to return.

A riot ensues. The crowd destroys the venue. Evil horns flash in the dark. All hell breaks loose. Satan gets ya. Hell's bells.

Guns N Roses break up for the second time.

China gets a democracy in 2050.

Still no follow up to the "Chinese Democracy" album.

hahaha omg I laughed harder than I should!! That would be what I call epic :rofl-lol:

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No. In this SPECIAL GIG that takes place in ST. LOUIS, they play a special setlist they never did before and it consists of only HATER songs, specifically those that were written during the breakup years by both factions: Axl and his CD songs, Slash and his Snakepit songs, Duff/Slash/Matt and their VR songs.

Axl is 4 hours late and as soon as he sees people pulling up their cellphones, he spends an entire hour going into the audience and personally taking care of each cellphone. Climbs back on stage with 3 bags full of technology.

Slash plays all CD songs solos distorted and change them to make them unrecognizable. Summons Scott Weiland back from death and both dance the dance of the black crow to the rhythm of 'Slither'. Axl screams on the mic calling Yoda to come save him from the dark spirits that just took the stage. Yells that Slash and Scott have been replaced by a different soul. Then Beta jumps on stage, lights some incense and dances a Brazilian ritual of air purification.

Duff face palms, opens his book and starts reading his columns to the crowd, in an attempt to make things normal again but Axl goes back on stage wearing devil horns and starts singing Highway To Hell. Then Grandpa Angus duck walks with his guitar and plays an 18 minute long solo. People in the audience fall asleep and become oblivious to the crazy shit that's going on.

Slash wakes up from his temporary death and jumps over Axl, pulls his hair and throws him on the floor, while Duff is in the background singing Beggars & Hangers on. The 'Freak Show', who are all happy and high on drugs, think this is an invitation for them to go onstage, so they all climb up and dance some kind of Spice Girls choreography. Sasha, only covered in white sheet, make ballerina moves, grabs the mic and sings 'Material Girl'. Some nut girl in the audience gets furious and pulls the white sheet from her, leaving her totally naked. Sasha runs backstage and the whole Freak Show follows.

Axl and Slash are still on the floor :bitchfight: over Slash's book. Axl screams he's gonna burn that shit down, so he lights a match and sets the book on fire, then throws it in the middle of the stage. Slash and Duff then go backstage and come back pulling a Walmart cart full of Chinese Democracy CDs, dump it next to Slash burning book and start playing frisbee with them, smash them on the floor and jump on them. 

Axl grabs the mic and says: "this is it! GET IN THE RING MOTHERFUCKERS!" Changes the lyrics and insults all former members, blame them for everything and when he's done, he smashes mic to the ground and screams "Thanks to the lame ass reunion shows I want no more! Take me home, Angus!". A helicopter descends into the stage, Stevie Young is the pilot. Cliff Williams, who's sitting inside, extends his arm to Axl and Axl jumps in. Helicopter flies away to Australia. Never to return.

A riot ensues. The crowd destroys the venue. Evil horns flash in the dark. All hell breaks loose. Satan gets ya. Hell's bells.

Guns N Roses break up for the second time.

China gets a democracy in 2050.

Still no follow up to the "Chinese Democracy" album.

Post of the month! You deserve a medal! :rofl-lol: I was hoping you'd write something like this, cause I was too lazy to come up with anything. I was not disappointed. Beautiful!

Only thing is, would anyone even wait for GNR after 4 hours? :lol:

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

Post of the month! You deserve a medal! :rofl-lol: I was hoping you'd write something like this, cause I was too lazy to come up with anything. I was not disappointed. Beautiful!

Hahaha I deserve kiss from Axl! :hug:

Well, I waited 3 hours for him! So I added an extra hour to make sure people would be all :anger: by the the time he got onstage. This is a gig from hell. It's supposed to go wrong in every single way :lol:

9 minutes ago, dgnr said:

hahaha omg I laughed harder than I should!! That would be what I call epic :rofl-lol:

*takes a bow* 

:awesomeface:

11 minutes ago, nonok said:

I'm pretty sure @killuridols would wait for Axl and then...in the end...here comes her moment....she finally gets on stage...jumps on Axl....and bites his juicy ass :rofl-lol:

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm pretty sure @killuridols would wait for Axl and then...in the end...here comes her moment....she finally gets on stage...jumps on Axl....and bites his juicy ass :rofl-lol:

:drool:

what a dream! I'm the only one left in the venue, waiting for him, so when he shows up, there I am, arms wide open :dance:

Yo girls, apart from the adorable story of Slash and Duff wanting to surprise Axl at the AC/DC concert in London (:wub:), Duff also just talked about Axl breaking his foot:

He said Axl didn't complain once, but after the show he told them "I think I broke my foot." That's just so... Axl. :lol: But Duff said he thinks everything happens for a reason, and he thinks that whole Axl breaking his foot episode brought them together even closer :wub:

----

@Blackstar Welcome! I've enjoyed your posts in other threads, so I'm glad to see you here as well!

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

That gif is sooooo :drool: 

Theres nothing about him that I don't like. He's so perfect! :wub:

I'm so jealous of that woman doing his hair in that gif. I would love to mess around with his hair there as well :P

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:  Gotta be honest, I'd pay a lot to go to that show. And I seriously enjoy the idea of an entire setlist consisting of bitter bitchy break up/hate songs.

Set list should definitely feature:

What Do You Want To Be

Take It Away

Back And Fourth Again

Beggars & Hangers-on

14 Years (let's get Izzy in there as well)

Sorry

Madagascar

Prostitute

Street of Dreams (some people think it's about Slash)

Crucify the Dead

Am I forgetting any crucial "You piss me off so much songs" they have recorded about each other?

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yo girls, apart from the adorable story of Slash and Duff wanting to surprise Axl at the AC/DC concert in London (:wub:), Duff also just talked about Axl breaking his foot:

He said Axl didn't complain once, but after the the show he told them "I think I broke my foot." That's just so... Axl. :lol: But Duff said he thinks everything happens for a reason, and he thinks that whole Axl breaking his foot episode brought them together even closer :wub:

----

I'm so jealous of that woman doing his hair in that gif. I would love to mess around with his hair there as well :P

:rofl-lol:  Gotta be honest, I'd pay a lot to go to that show. And I seriously enjoy the idea of an entire setlist consisting of bitter bitchy break up/hate songs.

Set list should definitely feature:

What Do You Want To Be

Take It Away

Back And Fourth Again

Beggars & Hangers-on

14 Years (let's get Izzy in there as well)

Sorry

Madagascar

Prostitute

Street of Dreams (some people think it's about Slash)

Crucify the Dead

Am I forgetting any crucial "You piss me off so much songs" they have recorded about each other?

Awww.. Now I understand a lot of things! And Axl's face when seeing Slash and Duff there, like a little kid. OMG it makes me cry! :cry:

haha, I want to run my fingers through Axl's hair. He's like a doll to me :heart:

I don't know much about the solo work of the other GNR members because I stuck with Axl, never followed their solo careers. I just know that Slash said his first solo album was all about Axl. Lol.

9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

tumblr_m5l5hiWuKp1r37d21o1_250.gif

I'll never leave you, Axl, never :wub:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

o girls, apart from the adorable story of Slash and Duff wanting to surprise Axl at the AC/DC concert in London (:wub:), Duff also just talked about Axl breaking his foot:

He said Axl didn't complain once, but after the the show he told them "I think I broke my foot." That's just so... Axl. :lol: But Duff said he thinks everything happens for a reason, and he thinks that whole Axl breaking his foot episode brought them together even closer :wub:

That is really sweet. It melts my heart knowing that they came there to make Axl happy, I'm pretty sure it means a lot to him :wub:. Dammit, this story makes me wanna cry more than all the stupid romances.

I hope they won't start breaking another part of Axl's body whenever they need to get closer :max: 

11 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

He used to have gorgeous hair. :drool: I'd like to touch it, feel it :P Let's take a minute to appreciate it 

axl-rose-gif-lald-2.gif

Axl-Rose-axl-rose-15407815-439-604.jpg

6e82f7d88a053727e8d4254b3de368aa.jpg

tumblr_static_4k9dmmqmbh2ckgc40gc0kc0gw.

25 minutes ago, stella said:

I would be interested to know that too! And I agree, I don't think it was nearly as popular or known in the USA as it was in the UK. Bands like Joy Division were actually totally unknown to me until way after they were popular. I was admittedly a wee one in the 80s but I don't remember hearing about most of those bands. Even The Cure didn't seem to really do well here until Disintegration and by then they'd been big in Europe for like a decade.

And The Cure is interesting, aren't they? Total chameleons depending on what year one is looking at. Wish was a total 180 from Disintegration...I did think Bloodflowers and some of 4:13 were back to goth-land, though.

Yeah, they are great. They've changed styles without losing their identity and distinctive sound; few bands/musicians can do it. You're right about Bloodflowers. To be honest I haven't been following them much since the 90s. I do this with bands that last a long time or reunite after many years; at some point I feel they've given what they had and I stick to their old stuff. Given this, I'm surprised with myself for being so excited about the GnR semi-reunion :lol:

1 hour ago, stella said:

I didn't know that Peter Murphy had reached out to Axl! That would be amazing, I bet. I would love, love to see what they could do if they were collaborating on something. It's a good point that Axl might like the music but not enough to let it influence him, though. This is Axl in the Bauhaus shirt - he wore it to the CBGB Record Canteen gig, which was taped, and he seemed to very deliberately choose the shirts he wanted to show off, so I thought it was kind of cool that he wanted to show off Bauhaus. :)

It's

Thanks! :) Axl surely doesn't wear other bands' t-shirts by chance. He gets so enthusiastic with bands he likes, particularly newly discovered ones, that he feels like promoting them. It's one of the things I appreciate about him. My guess is Duff got him into Bauhaus. He says in his book that he had known them through a sophisticated friend of his back in Seattle.