GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 minutes ago, Frey said:

I only brought the whole Yoda/Suzy/regression therapy thing up because it's a possibility I guess, but I really don't know enough about hypnosis and so on to judge whether coming up with a whole scenario like that under hypnosis and/or through suggestions made by the "therapists" is even likely, possible or realistic. Wouldn't he have had to dream up multiple instances of himself being raped as a child by his stepdad, multiple instances of himself trying to tell his mother about it and subsequently getting punished for it and so on under hypnosis for the story he told Zutaut to make sense? That seems kind of far-fetched to me so I don't really believe it, but like I said, I don't really understand how this kind of thing works. But if Suzy London or Yoda (or whoever it was) somehow did manage to make him see all that while he was under their spell, they desrve to rot in hell. Putting someone through that and making them think this kind of thing happend to them just for financial gain is one of the most despicable things I can think of.

I don't know what to think about that because I have also doubted those tales since I find it so impossible that a 2 year-old could remember something like that.... or anything at all. If you ask most people, their memories begin when they are 4 years old or more, not before, unless they are geniuses?

About hypnosis, what I know is that if Axl suffered this abuse at an age he wouldn't be concious about it, it is very possible his own mind erased the memories, as a form to protect himself.

It happens to a lot of people who go through some kind of trauma, to block the episode and then you feel you have a gap or blank space from that moment. It has happened to me, I know what is like to remember everything before and after a really ugly episode that occured to me, but the seconds or minute the actual thing happened, I have no memories or images of it. It sucks so much it makes you feel very frustrated. And I guess the method used by Suzie London and Yoda may have helped him unbury memories that were saved in the back of his head, as a form to protect himself from trauma.

Now, there's another thing..... If Axl was abused when he was 6, 7, 8 or past that age, then there is no chance he doesn't remember that and here's where I think we have an element to figure this out. It may be possible that he indeed believed he was abused at 2 if he already knows he was abused when he was older, just by associating the facts. Its like, he is pretty sure he was abused when he was an older kid but regression therapy made him discover that his abuse started earlier in life and probably that's what he wanted to highlight when he talked to the magazine, instead of the other abuse. He wanted to tell the world that through regression therapy he was able to go to the very begining of his drama and unbury it.

Of course, this is just my speculation and I have no proof or testimony of this regression therapy being accurate, accepted or even serious but I do know the mind goes blank when you suffer trauma and it is a form of protection. I have a friend who suffered a terrible attack in her office and she also went blank at the time and now doesn't remember the face of her agressor, which causes her a lot of frustration, since she cannot identify the criminal in police rounds.

It would fucking suck if the memories induced are not real because then we are talking about people who have no integrity at all..... It's hard to tell because Axl isn't also a person we can trust with his mind. He believes in past lives, karma, soul transferring and lots of bullshit that tells me he's not the most reliable person when it comes to that, so if the memories induced are false he may believe them anyway. But I think there could be a possibility of him believing in what he was told because he already had the information of being abused later in life and he knows those memories are very real.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know what to think about that because I have also doubted those tales since I find it so impossible that a 2 year-old could remember something like that.... or anything at all. If you ask most people, their memories begin when they are 4 years old or more, not before, unless they are geniuses?

I am not a genius by any means but I have memories from before I was 4 years old. Multiple ones. I know for certain that they were from before I was four because of the location.

If it wasn't due to the fact we moved when I was four I might have thought that those memories took place when I was older. I wonder if other people have memories from earlier in life, but their surrounding were similar enough that they just assumed the memories were from later.

There is one memory from when I was two that I am not sure if it was my own memory or if I created from my mom retelling a story multiple time. I think it might be a mix. The details never really matched with my mom's but when I asked my dad about it when I was a teen the details from his story matched up with what I remembered.

All the other memories are my own. They were important events to a small child and were recorded in my memory banks, but were unimportant to anyone else in my life (if they were even present for it) and they don't remember.

• Like 3

Reading through this tread, there was a lot of topics, that I wanted to comment. Fx about Axl and Kurt Cobain's suicide.
Could the fact that Axl took it so personal also had something to do with Duff's state at the moment? (Not in anyway neglecting the other theories)
According to Duff's book, Duff was a mess: "Back at home I felt sick as I ever had. My hands and feet were bleeding. I had constant nosebleeds. I was shitting blood. Sores on my skin oozed [...] I found myself picking up the phone to tell my managers and band that we weren't going to Australia." (p. 16)
Duff then decides to go to Seattle, and meets Cobain on the plane. A couple of days later, Cobain commits suicide. A month later Duff's pancreas explodes.

Did Axl know,how bad Duff was doing? Was he somehow afraid, that some of his bandmates, Duff, would end up the same way? :shrugs:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I am not a genius by any means but I have memories from before I was 4 years old. Multiple ones. I know for certain that they were from before I was four because of the location.

If it wasn't due to the fact we moved when I was four I might have thought that those memories took place when I was older. I wonder if other people have memories from earlier in life, but their surrounding were similar enough that they just assumed the memories were from later.

There is one memory from when I was two that I am not sure if it was my own memory or if I created from my mom retelling a story multiple time. I think it might be a mix. The details never really matched with my mom's but when I asked my dad about it when I was a teen the details from his story matched up with what I remembered.

All the other memories are my own. They were important events to a small child and were recorded in my memory banks, but were unimportant to anyone else in my life (if they were even present for it) and they don't remember.

I also moved from the house I was born and I dont remember anything from that time. I only remember from my new house and that's around me being 3 or 4 years old, but I only have memories from 4 years old on.

My mom has told me stories about before that age and now I think I have a vague memory from them but I'm not sure if its something Im making up just to be able to understand what she's told me. I have no idea if the images in my head are real or not.

But I recently had a dream about me being a kid and something going on with other kids and I woke up worried that may have happened for real, so I dont know again.

I do know that later in life you start remembering shit because you are able to understand things that you did not before. Sometimes I have flashbacks of things and I know they are real but I had never thought of them.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_2983.JPG

:awesomeface:

Seriously, if they did that on a t shirt please please please get me one :lol:

Best part of my childhood. 

Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Toad...I still have my old consoles (NES and SNES). They are my biggest treasure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

About hypnosis, what I know is that if Axl suffered this abuse at an age he wouldn't be concious about it, it is very possible his own mind erased the memories, as a form to protect himself.

It happens to a lot of people who go through some kind of trauma, to block the episode and then you feel you have a gap or blank space from that moment. It has happened to me, I know what is like to remember everything before and after a really ugly episode that occured to me, but the seconds or minute the actual thing happened, I have no memories or images of it. It sucks so much it makes you feel very frustrated. And I guess the method used by Suzie London and Yoda may have helped him unbury memories that were saved in the back of his head, as a form to protect himself from trauma.

Now, there's another thing..... If Axl was abused when he was 6, 7, 8 or past that age, then there is no chance he doesn't remember that and here's where I think we have an element to figure this out. It may be possible that he indeed believed he was abused at 2 if he already knows he was abused when he was older, just by associating the facts. Its like, he is pretty sure he was abused when he was an older kid but regression therapy made him discover that his abuse started earlier in life and probably that's what he wanted to highlight when he talked to the magazine, instead of the other abuse. He wanted to tell the world that through regression therapy he was able to go to the very begining of his drama and unbury it.

Of course, this is just my speculation and I have no proof or testimony of this regression therapy being accurate, accepted or even serious but I do know the mind goes blank when you suffer trauma and it is a form of protection. I have a friend who suffered a terrible attack in her office and she also went blank at the time and now doesn't remember the face of her agressor, which causes her a lot of frustration, since she cannot identify the criminal in police rounds.

It would fucking suck if the memories induced are not real because then we are talking about people who have no integrity at all..... It's hard to tell because Axl isn't also a person we can trust with his mind. He believes in past lives, karma, soul transferring and lots of bullshit that tells me he's not the most reliable person when it comes to that, so if the memories induced are false he may believe them anyway. But I think there could be a possibility of him believing in what he was told because he already had the information of being abused later in life and he knows those memories are very real.

Yeah, I could see that. If he already had the "experience" of being abused at an older age, it would likely have been easier for him to figure out what all these nightmares and blurry images from an earlier point in time were about.

Like @sanity_lost, I do have memories from a time before I was 4 years old though. I have quite a few memories from when I was 3, and 2 or 3 memories from when I must have been 2 years old. I know they're memories because some of them concern events where my family members weren't present, so they can't have told me about these things (and also because it's mostly really random unimportant stuff no one would bother telling me about).

On 29.1.2017 at 2:24 PM, Hejanne said:

Does anyone know the real date of this interview? Thinking about the quote from Sebastians book, about the experience in the helicopter, which could have been shortly before this interview, it's kind of interesting, that he doesn't really answer how Axl's doing.

TV Guide: How's the tour going with GUNS N' ROSES? How's Axl? [This Q&A was conducted prior to Rose's June 27 arrest in Stockholm.]

Bach: "He's getting the album out. [People] don't know the work it takes. And Axl, when he disappears, all he's trying to do is make something incredible. There's no big mystery to it. He's trying to make an album that can bear the name GUNS N' ROSES. I've heard a lot of the music, and it's incredible. And you know, I'm telling the world, the man has never had plastic surgery or Botox. When I read that, it's aggravating, 'cause I'm his friend. That's the way he looks. He looks young, dude! It's so crazy all the [stuff] that's said about him."

Also the arrest in Stockholm makes a lot of sense, if Axl was still affected by the show in Donnington.

I don't know about the date of the interview, but you're right, it's interesting that he avoids answering about how Axl is doing.

And yeah, the Stockholm incident fits nicely into this whole mess as well.

Seems like (despite appearances) Axl was going through a bit of a rough spot there in 2006 as well.

26 minutes ago, Hejanne said:

Reading through this tread, there was a lot of topics, that I wanted to comment. Fx about Axl and Kurt Cobain's suicide.
Could the fact that Axl took it so personal also had something to do with Duff's state at the moment? (Not in anyway neglecting the other theories)
According to Duff's book, Duff was a mess: "Back at home I felt sick as I ever had. My hands and feet were bleeding. I had constant nosebleeds. I was shitting blood. Sores on my skin oozed [...] I found myself picking up the phone to tell my managers and band that we weren't going to Australia." (p. 16)
Duff then decides to go to Seattle, and meets Cobain on the plane. A couple of days later, Cobain commits suicide. A month later Duff's pancreas explodes.

Did Axl know,how bad Duff was doing? Was he somehow afraid, that some of his bandmates, Duff, would end up the same way? :shrugs:

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Considering how worried Axl constantly was about Slash's drug use and how Slash dying that one time seems to have left him traumatized, it's no stretch to assume he was very worried about Duff as well.

Axl and Duff always had a pretty close bond as well and while Axl didn't seem too worried about Duff's drinking in the earlier years (or was too busy worrying about Slash), he must have seen how badly Duff was doing in the early 90s. You'd have to be blind not to notice that.

39 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Best part of my childhood. 

Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Toad...I still have my old consoles (NES and SNES). They are my biggest treasure.

I still have the original Gameboy with Donkey Kong, Mario and Zelda. 

I have a PS4 these days and all I ever do is download retro games on it :lol: Got Worms just this morning. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I still have the original Gameboy with Donkey Kong, Mario and Zelda. 

I have a PS4 these days and all I ever do is download retro games on it :lol: Got Worms just this morning. 

Okay....how many of you remember Kelikovision or Atrari....

30 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I could see that. If he already had the "experience" of being abused at an older age, it would likely have been easier for him to figure out what all these nightmares and blurry images from an earlier point in time were about.

Like @sanity_lost, I do have memories from a time before I was 4 years old though. I have quite a few memories from when I was 3, and 2 or 3 memories from when I must have been 2 years old. I know they're memories because some of them concern events where my family members weren't present, so they can't have told me about these things (and also because it's mostly really random unimportant stuff no one would bother telling me about).

Me too but nothing I can say it is consistent or worth remembering. I'm pretty sure my real, consistent and continues memories start around 4 years old.

I've read that how early you develop memories also depends a lot on stimulation, environment, relationship of the child and the mother.

Nowadays kids are very stimulated, contrary to when I was a child, there was only tv, radio and magazines. I'm sure kids born in this decade and earlier have accumulated much more information in their minds at age 2 or 3 than I did when I was a kid.

Now, let's go back to the 60's and think of Axl... what kind of stimulation was there for him? He said his parents didn't let him listen to the radio, no tv, no nothing.... which I find odd because his parents were both teenagers and its hard for me to think of young people following strict rules like that.

In my opinion, I doubt that he could have memories of sexual things (when you dont even know what sex is) at age 2 and that these memories came up to him without some "help". Again, I have no clue how that regression therapy works and I've also been thinking if they have used drugs to induce these memories or if Yoda used drugs to put him in that state of mind of believing crap.

I really refuse to believe someone can believe stuff like that with all their faculties on, lol.... Maybe I'm too cerebral or skeptic..... or Axl is really fucked up in the head.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I had to choose between SNES and Megadrive and I picked the Megadrive as I had a Gameboy already and I really wanted to play Sonic and Alex Kidd. They were great games. 

Wow Sonic. That was a good one.

• Like 1

I remember Asteroids, Frogger and Centipede...those were fun too. :lol:

Funny memory just came to mind, my son was about 5, we were playing Super Mario, it was my turn and while I was playing he looked at me and said "Mom, how old do I have to be to say fuck?" :P  I busted out laughing and lost the game. :rofl-lol:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typo

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

I am so disappointed at the lack of quality merch for the SA leg, as if we were a secondary market or don't know what the fuck happened.... That saddened me a lot.

Oh that really sucks! Sympathy. 

On 1/29/2017 at 5:41 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I so hope we don't get the usual stick the flag of the country they're playing on the logo and that's it. Most band seem to think we Europeans love that :blink:

If they put a shamrock or leprechaun on the Ireland logo it will be cringe-y!! But an Irish flag would be boring. I wasn't impressed with the samurai sword on the Japan logo. Cliche!

On 1/29/2017 at 3:33 PM, Rocketqueen76 said:

And we get a little sexy Axl serpentine in the end.

Jaysus. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Serpentine forever!

• Like 1