GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I love animals. I love that GnR members love them too. The Yulin festival is just... so horrible... :anger: Slash posted a video about it last week and I couldn't even watch it...
And I was trying to find some new social media updates but there's nothing really interesting right now:shrugs:
P.S. I love emojis too :heart::dance::lol::awesomeface:

Screenshot_20160619-203150.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Any problem with Axl using emojis? :axl92::axl::bitchfight::devilshades::unsure::violin::popcorn::nervous:rock4:wub::takethat::laugh::headbang:

/just kidding/ :shades:

hahahahaaha! very good! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

I love animals. I love that GnR members love them too. The Yulin festival is just... so horrible... :anger: Slash posted a video about it last week and I couldn't even watch it...
And I was trying to find some new social media updates but there's nothing really interesting right now:shrugs:
P.S. I love emojis too :heart::dance::lol::awesomeface:

Screenshot_20160619-203150.jpg

What's Yulin Festival? Are you mad at Slash? I'm sorry I'm confused at this whole thing! :unsure:

Carly, can I have an animated gif of Axl rolling eyes in the China Exchange forum? Pliz? :D

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

For anyone interested, it appears, at least to me, that Axl did indeed confirm this in a roundabout way. On his cat Dexter's twitter account, there is a tweet where he prefaces an article with the words "allow me to read from a prepared statement".. the article then goes on to describe certain characteristics of one suffering from this disorder, and the way they view the world. Very, very interesting, and seems to provide some sound explanations for Axl's behaviour and perceptions. Incidentally, it was also on one of his cats accounts where he again, at least in my view, confirmed a chemical peel..alas, not as interesting ;).  Archer, your posts are always very insightful and respectful, I would love to hear your views on that article and the fact that he posted it.

What makes me suspicious about those Twitter accounts being legit is that sometimes they post in Spanish and I don't think Axl knows a lot of Spanish as to post like that. Although, in the Mexico shows he tried to speak some and not only once.

13 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

Well, we have a couple of days before the tour starts...let's do something useful like finding new hairstyle for Axl :axl92:

Btw. Do you think he will be wearing the same clothes like he did with ac:slash:dc? 

49 minutes ago, stella said:

I am always a little cynical about the people from back home who seem to have glowing reports about celebrities after the fact...part of me wonders how much is true and how much is their attempt to kiss up or look good. Like the teachers who said he had ants in his pants; wonder how much they yelled at him and thought he was a nuisance at the time. The principal who doesn't remember him and the track coach at least seem like they're not saying, "oh yes, we ALWAYS liked him and recognized his genius..." as so often happens.

I agree about Slash and Duff, too. Duff seemed to have a special relationship and understanding of Axl - but he had a lot of his own demons to fight and by the time he got clean and sober, the band had already pretty much splintered away.

I agree, but in this case I can actually believe it, since Axl himself has said that he was a good student and always in the top 3% grade-wise. And I have no doubt they thought he was a nuisance, most teachers don't deal well with that in my experience.

I have high hopes for sober and mature Duff nowadays. He could really have a positive influence on Axl.

40 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Thank you for posting those quotes from Axl's teachers! Yeah, I agree it sounds like he was one of those hyperactive kids. School usually don't work for them. Too bad Axl didn't have parents who supported him with the artistic side of him. That's very important. But this is why he's my idol. He overcame any obstacle, even people who didn't give two bucks for him. He defied everyone and became what he wanted to be, not only that, he became the best at what he wanted to be. Such an inspiration for my lazy self :P

Yes, if Duff and Slash had not have their own amount of problems they could have helped Axl a bit more. I think they are back in part because they have fixed themselves and probably think they can deal with Axl better than before. I really hope they stay around longer and that they tighten their relationship with Axl and that Axl is open to accept their help, hang out with them more, I don't know... I think Axl needs more people like that around him and not so much freak show :(

I was watching the BBC documentary again and I got fixated on that part where Axl talks about being late to the shows (it's part of the interview he did for That Metal Show) and he says he didn't care about being late because the band didn't care about him either. He only changed this when he found out he was affecting the crew.   :shrugs:

As for Axl tweeting "like a teenage girl" I don't agree with that... Or then I am a teenage girl as well... I mean, where does it say on Twitter people have to be a certain age to use Twitter or to use emojis? This is ridiculous. Everybody use emojis. They are there for a reason, to help with the written communication, to help add emotions to an environment that is devoid of sounds, facial expressions and other indicators of mood.

Maybe some people don't need emojis to express themselves but a lot of us (I guess the creative types) do need them and the more emojis, the better for me. I use a lot of smilies, emojis and other written expressions as you can see. I'm overly emotional so I guess that's the reason. I'm not 12 years old but I may be a bit immature, don't know. I love them emojis, smilies, toys and dolls, LOL :P

I thought it was impressive that even as a kid, he was telling everyone about how he was going to make it and be a big rock star, and then he actually went and really did it! How many people can say that they actually made their fanciful childhood dreams reality? Not many. (Granted, there's also a certain amount of luck involved, but still...)

And yeah, less freak show, more Sluff. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good things to happen in that regard.

That part in That Metal Show always made me sad. He really was convinced everyone else in the band hated him and didn't give a shit about him. If you have one person in a band feeling so alienated from everyone else, then that band is probably automatically doomed. It's even more sad because I don't think they ever truly didn't care about him or hated him (at least with Duff I just can't imagine him not caring about Axl at all). They were just too involved with themselves and too tired of dealing with Axl and so let random other people do the job... and it had pretty awful consequences. <_<

Hah, I didn't mean just because of his use of emojis. That would be pretty hypocritical of me, I love to use emojis as well. :lol: It's more the amount of emojis he uses in combination with the way he writes. Like that "So sick of da ebayerz, so un42nutzly I's won'tz b signing things 4 a while..." tweet. It sounds like a teenage girl trying to be cute, with the baby language grammar and all. Plus lots of text speak. It's very similar to the way I see a lot of younger kids around me type.

@Carlycosmos The fact that every single one of them loves animals makes me happy as well. I tend to judge people by how they treat animals and children for example, and they all pass with flying colors there. I was happy about Slash speaking out against that festival too, but didn't want to watch the video either.

@killuridols It's a Chinese festival where dogs get horribly abused and mistreated. Beaten, tortured, skinned alive, etc. I can't even think about it, it makes me so angry and upset.

Edited by Lumikki

Wait what? What are all these accounts that are supposedly / maybe Axl tweeting weird stuff? I see the Dexter one now (thanks @Andy14), what are the others?

And why do people here think they are actually Axl's?

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Wait what? What are all these accounts that are supposedly / maybe Axl tweeting weird stuff? I see the Dexter one now (thanks @Andy14), what are the others?

And why do people here think they are actually Axl's?

Well, one bit of evidence is the picture of the cat in the kitchen. That is definitely the same kitchen from the infamous rabbit sausage picture. And just the manner of speech on the tweets seems like Axl. He follows nobody on his Axl account. Dexter follows a shit load. Does anyone really believe Axl uses Twitter but doesn't follow anyone? What would be the point? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well, one bit of evidence is the picture of the cat in the kitchen. That is definitely the same kitchen from the infamous rabbit sausage picture. And just the manner of speech on the tweets seems like Axl. He follows nobody on his Axl account. Dexter follows a shit load. Does anyone really believe Axl uses Twitter but doesn't follow anyone? What would be the point? 

Those pictures of his cats were shared by Sasha, Beta and other people from Axl's entourage on their Instagram accounts so it's really easy to save them and reuse them in fake accounts.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Those pictures of his cats were shared by Sasha, Beta and other people from Axl's entourage on their Instagram accounts so it's really easy to save them and reuse them in fake accounts.

True. But I've been following that account for a couple years now, and I'm convinced it's Axl. At the very least, it's someone with access to the inner sanctum...

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

True. But I've been following that account for a couple years now, and I'm convinced it's Axl. At the very least, it's someone with access to the inner sanctum...

I've been following it too, that one and the other two but I'm not so convinced since I saw it retweeting weird stuff in Spanish. 

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I've been following it too, that one and the other two but I'm not so convinced since I saw it retweeting weird stuff in Spanish. 

I feel like we're discussing this in the wrong thread, so sorry to everyone. 

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl knows a good deal of Spanish, given the fact of being surrounded by TB literally every minute... :shrugs:

50 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I thought it was impressive that even as a kid, he was telling everyone about how he was going to make it and be a big rock star, and then he actually went and really did it! How many people can say that they actually made their fanciful childhood dreams reality? Not many. (Granted, there's also a certain amount of luck involved, but still...)

And yeah, less freak show, more Sluff. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good things to happen in that regard.

That part in That Metal Show always made me sad. He really was convinced everyone else in the band hated him and didn't give a shit about him. If you have one person in a band feeling so alienated from everyone else, then that band is probably automatically doomed. It's even more sad because I don't think they ever truly didn't care about him or hated him (at least with Duff I just can't imagine him not caring about Axl at all). They were just too involved with themselves and too tired of dealing with Axl and so let random other people do the job... and it had pretty awful consequences. <_<

Hah, I didn't mean just because of his use of emojis. That would be pretty hypocritical of me, I love to use emojis as well. :lol: It's more the amount of emojis he uses in combination with the way he writes. Like that "So sick of da ebayerz, so un42nutzly I's won'tz b signing things 4 a while..." tweet. It sounds like a teenage girl trying to be cute, with the baby language grammar and all. Plus lots of text speak. It's very similar to the way I see a lot of younger kids around me type.

@killuridols It's a Chinese festival where dogs get horribly abused and mistreated. Beaten, tortured, skinned alive, etc. I can't even think about it, it makes me so angry and upset.

I think he still thinks like that... I mean, in the China Exchange thing he said "when the whole band was on heroin..." :P like he thinks they acted so shitty due to drugs and mistreated him, called him Ayatollah and stuff, didn't appreciate he was trying to save the band... So he must be happy to see the change they've performed on themselves, specially Duff.

lol the Ebayers stuff may have been written by Sasha :rofl-lol:

Ah, ok, thanks for letting me know what's that Yulin thing. Sounds pretty awful :unsure:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I feel like we're discussing this in the wrong thread, so sorry to everyone. 

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl knows a good deal of Spanish, given the fact of being surrounded by TB literally every minute... :shrugs:

Yeah, haha.

Um, TB are Brazilians. They speak Portuguese in Brazil, not Spanish :confused:

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Oh. Oops! :facepalm: It's all Greek to me, as they say...:lol:

Well to be fair we, portuguese speakers, understand spanish, mostly written, because both languages are very similar :) 

41 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yep, I'm convinced it's either of these two as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yes, those accounts are hidden gold mines aren't they? And if the BPD is indeed what Axl was going through, and he finally, finally received the right therapy, it could well be the catalyst for mending fences with Slash, as he would be able to objectively look at how he was "splitting" and realize it may not have been the true and final way to see things. All in all, I'm inclined to think these accounts are legit;  as you say, it would be a "safe" way for him to acknowledge certain things that he wanted to address.  As for TB and Beta, yes, one can say what they will about their management skills, but she was there for him at a time when he was lost and needed someone to have his back unconditionally...anyone lucky enough to have parents who kept you safe and loved, would understand how important something like this would be, to someone who never had it.

Can you link me to the other accounts you mentioned (besides the Dexter one that was already posted)? I'm really curious about this now and want to see for myself...