GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I figured it out :ph34r:

So happy, happy birthday, Axl!  musik36.giffest31.gif:axl92::wub::headbang::hug:cool19.gif

I brought a couple of friends who want to tell you something :popcorn:

Andy, you are a fuckin genius. This is beyond funny, I can't stop laughing! The gifs are perfect, the text is perfect and Axl's reactions ... WAH! And the best and most striking is Izzy :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

We need this as a youtube video and spread it via twitter and Instagram. (Probably too long for instagram). This has to go viral :awesomeface:

10 hours ago, Andy14 said:

So happy, happy birthday, Axl!  musik36.giffest31.gif:axl92::wub::headbang::hug:cool19.gif

@Andy14 Amazing and hilarious! Highlights what a range of facial expressions Axl has (not always grumpy like in fan photos...).

8 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Lol, @Andy14....that is some funny shit!! All of Axl's faces match sooooo perfectly with what everyone is saying. LOVE IT!!!!!!! :lol:

I love koalas. Sweet pic!

C4Bh60TVYAEU036.jpg

Just look at Slash's smile. Happy and loved-up. Looooove.

I gotta ask though, what is the American thing with wearing backwards baseball caps??? It doesn't even look that good on Meegan. Why do people do it??

7 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Love that pic!! :heart: 

I've kinda been down all day and that made a big difference...

Well retweet my tweet to Axl and Del...please ;)

This is lovely @Blue-Jean Baby Isn't that the thing for fans of Axl and Guns in general - a picture, a clip, a gif... any kind of engagement with our band is a mood enhancer. I certainly find this. When I went through a really hard time recently, GNR fangirling kept me sane. 

7 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

We need a "The Very Best of.." secret sub-thread in here!

Who wants to scroll through all 600+ pages and pick the favourites. lol.

But don't tell Russ. :ph34r:

Oooh yes!! And we could have sub-sub-threads. 'Axl belly', 'Slash smile' 'Slash without shades' etc. Of course, 'Serpentine' should be top of the list. :drool:

5 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

C4B8y7_WcAALKTX.jpg

The last one is almost too much sexiness for this early in the morning. The way the light is reflecting on his crotch... Sheesh.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Andy14 said:

g49UKE.gif

Vz13D9.gif

DZkyKS.gif

4zshNf.gif

jPAbLl.gif

zs9L6p.gif

GENIUS AS ALWAYS!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

These are my favorites :lol:

You Princess got some talent and no one will ever beat you!! :hug:

P.S. I want to tweet that one to Baz! :lol:

11 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

We need a "The Very Best of.." secret sub-thread in here!

Who wants to scroll through all 600+ pages and pick the favourites. lol.

But don't tell Russ. :ph34r:

Hah. There was a time.... when we were gonna make an Index of this thread...... There was a tiiiiime.... :ph34r:

• Like 3

Thank you all for the love lol :rofl-lol:

I need new interviews, I've used and abused the old ones to such an extent that it's impossible to come up with something new :max::max:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

P.S. I want to tweet that one to Baz! :lol:

I don't know...:nervous:....maybe :nervous:.....but just because it's you :ph34r:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Hah. There was a time.... when we were gonna make an Index of this thread...... There was a tiiiiime.... :ph34r:

Lol, yeah, the thread was around 300 pages long when we were planning it. Together with @Frey and @Lumikki :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

We need this as a youtube video and spread it via twitter and Instagram. (Probably too long for instagram). This has to go viral :awesomeface:

Oh, please no, I hope nobody from the band will ever see it, I still have my two shows to go and don't want to be on the "WANTED dead or alive" posters all around Europe :nervous:

• Like 4

I hate myself a little bit for doing this, but I read Steven Adler's Mom's book.  :facepalm: I had a long flight for work last week and I hate flying so I read it to pass the time on the plane.  Honestly, the book  is so poorly written/edited that even if you do want to give her the benefit of the doubt that she wrote it to help others, it doesn't come across that way at all.  Her relationship with her son comes across as really, really fucked up and it leaves you feeling like you need a shower when you are done reading it.

When the whole Celebrity Rehab/Sober House stuff was going on I was busy having kids so I never saw the shows or read his book, so you all probably have heard this stuff before but here are the few interesting (and I use that term loosely) tidbits:

Spoiler

She talks about Axl and Steven sending a limo to her house with a bag of dirty laundry and how later they came over for dinner and as she was ironing Axl's jeans:   "Steven told me to take a good look at what I was pressing  I hadn't noticed that Axl's pants were full of profanity.  All over the pants were two words "Fuck You" How sick!  Unfortunately these words from Axl would prove to be prophetic "  Her hate for Axl is pretty clear throughout book and among her claims is that he got her fired from her  "Ask Deanna" column in Kerrang magazine.  Later (after the RRHOF) she says that Steven and Axl met and that Axl told Steven that it was pretty much Slash who "campaigned" to get Steven out of the band and that Axl was telling Steven now because he "was sick of covering for Slash" and that Axl was "fed up with being branded the manipulative asshole who intimidated everyone in the band and single handedly booted Adler out".

She writes about Axl's Mom:   (this took place at the LA Coliseum when they were opening for the Rolling Stones)  " During the concert I met Axl's Mom Sharon Bailey.  Sharon was a very down to earth, well dresssed, sweet woman. Sharon and I chatted about the band's success.  Then we expressed our feelings about Geffen and the boys .  It turned out we shared many of the same secrets and concerns.  But with Sharon, I sensed an almost healthy resignation; an acceptance that our sons' excessive lifestyles were a mandatory part of the equation. Sharon told me that she traveled all the way from Indiana to see her son, but had spent only a few minutes with Axl.  She felt this was unavoidable due to the demands presently being put upon the group to write new music, hold interviews and continue touring.  Mothers want their sons to be happy and I sensed that this beautiful woman had made her share of sacrifices for her son.  We traded looks and there was a moment between us worth a hundred heartaches"    :vomit:

As for the GNR lawyers and management, she pretty much hates them too. According to her, they  talked Steven out of sending flowers to the family of the two boys who died at Donnington and that management encouraged all of the guys to make wills. She was livid when she saw that in Steven's will "the band's manager was the executor of the will.  In the section for dispersal of personal property the manager's name appeared again.  He was listed to receive Steven's house in Studio City and his Mercedes."  She then goes on to say that he left Axl some videotapes, but nothing to his stepdad/brother.

The book was written just before Coachella with an epilogue about the reunion. At the start of the book she says that they were hopeful about Steven being asked to do Coachella.  As for Axl's broken foot at Coachella she had this lovely sentiment:  "It also made the concert at Coachella kind of curios and comical, because Axl had to stay in a sitting position throughout the entire concert, which probably made Slash and Duff shake their heads and the Coachella kids wonder why the lead singer of GNR looked like a pudgy pink hobbit who never stirred from his toadstool".:facepalm:

Lastly this is what she says about the reunion:  "It became obvious that Steven would not be asked to rejoin the band for the kick off of their North American tour.  His lower back had not healed completely and it  must have been extremely difficult for him to watch GNR perform in city after city to rave reviews without him". As for shows that Steven did do, she is kind of tight lipped  about it -- Just that he got an important phone call and couldn't talk about it and the next thing she knew, he was in Nashville  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I hate myself a little bit for doing this, but I read Steven Adler's Mom's book.  :facepalm: I had a long flight for work last week and I hate flying so I read it to pass the time on the plane.  Honestly, the book  is so poorly written/edited that even if you do want to give her the benefit of the doubt that she wrote it to help others, it doesn't come across that way at all.  Her relationship with her son comes across as really, really fucked up and it leaves you feeling like you need a shower when you are done reading it.

When the whole Celebrity Rehab/Sober House stuff was going on I was busy having kids so I never saw the shows or read his book, so you all probably have heard this stuff before but here are the few interesting (and I use that term loosely) tidbits:

Reveal hidden contents

She talks about Axl and Steven sending a limo to her house with a bag of dirty laundry and how later they came over for dinner and as she was ironing Axl's jeans:   "Steven told me to take a good look at what I was pressing  I hadn't noticed that Axl's pants were full of profanity.  All over the pants were two words "Fuck You" How sick!  Unfortunately these words from Axl would prove to be prophetic "  Her hate for Axl is pretty clear throughout book and among her claims is that he got her fired from her  "Ask Deanna" column in Kerrang magazine.  Later (after the RRHOF) she says that Steven and Axl met and that Axl told Steven that it was pretty much Slash who "campaigned" to get Steven out of the band and that Axl was telling Steven now because he "was sick of covering for Slash" and that Axl was "fed up with being branded the manipulative asshole who intimidated everyone in the band and single handedly booted Adler out".

She writes about Axl's Mom:   (this took place at the LA Coliseum when they were opening for the Rolling Stones)  " During the concert I met Axl's Mom Sharon Bailey.  Sharon was a very down to earth, well dresssed, sweet woman. Sharon and I chatted about the band's success.  Then we expressed our feelings about Geffen and the boys .  It turned out we shared many of the same secrets and concerns.  But with Sharon, I sensed an almost healthy resignation; an acceptance that our sons' excessive lifestyles were a mandatory part of the equation. Sharon told me that she traveled all the way from Indiana to see her son, but had spent only a few minutes with Axl.  She felt this was unavoidable due to the demands presently being put upon the group to write new music, hold interviews and continue touring.  Mothers want their sons to be happy and I sensed that this beautiful woman had made her share of sacrifices for her son.  We traded looks and there was a moment between us worth a hundred heartaches"    :vomit:

As for the GNR lawyers and management, she pretty much hates them too. According to her, they  talked Steven out of sending flowers to the family of the two boys who died at Donnington and that management encouraged all of the guys to make wills. She was livid when she saw that in Steven's will "the band's manager was the executor of the will.  In the section for dispersal of personal property the manager's name appeared again.  He was listed to receive Steven's house in Studio City and his Mercedes."  She then goes on to say that he left Axl some videotapes, but nothing to his stepdad/brother.

The book was written just before Coachella with an epilogue about the reunion. At the start of the book she says that they were hopeful about Steven being asked to do Coachella.  As for Axl's broken foot at Coachella she had this lovely sentiment:  "It also made the concert at Coachella kind of curios and comical, because Axl had to stay in a sitting position throughout the entire concert, which probably made Slash and Duff shake their heads and the Coachella kids wonder why the lead singer of GNR looked like a pudgy pink hobbit who never stirred from his toadstool".:facepalm:

Lastly this is what she says about the reunion:  "It became obvious that Steven would not be asked to rejoin the band for the kick off of their North American tour.  His lower back had not healed completely and it  must have been extremely difficult for him to watch GNR perform in city after city to rave reviews without him". As for shows that Steven did do, she is kind of tight lipped  about it -- Just that he got an important phone call and couldn't talk about it and the next thing she knew, he was in Nashville  

Thanks for reviewing this.

The part about Axl's mother made me furious. The poor mothers who have to suffer because they cannot get their son's attention? After all we know about their, especially Axl's childhood. Just sick. 

I am so not gonna read this. She probably just quickly put some book together so she can take a share of the reunion hype. :facepalm:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Hide contents

Glad I decided not to read it, don't wanta be pissed off. :P

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for reviewing this.

The part about Axl's mother made me furious. The poor mothers who have to suffer because they cannot get their son's attention? After all we know about their, especially Axl's childhood. Just sick. 

I am so not gonna read this. She probably just quickly put some book together so she can take a share of the reunion hype. :facepalm:

Adlers Mom has to know about Axl's history, so to put his Mom in a sympathetic kind of light was quite sickening. The whole tone of the book is very "woe is me", so I think that the part about Axl's Mom was to further prove the point that Deanne feels she has suffered the most in all of this. 

• Like 1

@tifalucis DOnt remind Me about Their show in Singapore :max: Why dont visit indonesia too! Its so close, Cmon Guys!:facepalm:

@Fansince88 I really interested with this 

Later (after the RRHOF) Steven and Axl met and that Axl told Steven that it was pretty much Slash who "campaigned" to get Steven out of the band and that Axl was telling Steven now because he "was sick of covering for Slash" and that Axl was "fed up with being branded the manipulative asshole who intimidated everyone in the band and single handedly booted Adler out".

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Hide contents

Thank you for taking one for the team. 

*Interesting info about their wills and who was supposed to be the executor. Always the manager, that fucking leech.

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Hide contents

Oh boy, thanks for taking one for the team. No way I'm reading this. What is her beef with Axl, man she goes after him every opportunity she has. I really love the "Worth a hundred heartaches". YUK!

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Adlers Mom has to know about Axl's history, so to put his Mom in a sympathetic kind of light was quite sickening. The whole tone of the book is very "woe is me", so I think that the part about Axl's Mom was to further prove the point that Deanne feels she has suffered the most in all of this. 

This!

@Fansince88, thanks for reading Mrs Adler's book for all of us and sharing these bits. I didn't intend to buy it, but I'm sure you saved money and time for people who were thinking of reading it.

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

*Interesting info about their wills and who was supposed to be the executor. Always the manager, that fucking leech.

Yes, this is the most interesting part - if it's true of course, because no one else has ever mentioned it as far as I know.

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Fansince88I really interested with this 

Spoiler

Later (after the RRHOF) Steven and Axl met and that Axl told Steven that it was pretty much Slash who "campaigned" to get Steven out of the band and that Axl was telling Steven now because he "was sick of covering for Slash" and that Axl was "fed up with being branded the manipulative asshole who intimidated everyone in the band and single handedly booted Adler out".

This too, although it's not surprising.

The rest isn't even worth commenting.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Thank you for taking one for the team. 

Yes, it is the epitome of sleazy, especially since I am sure very few people at that time probably expected all five of them to live through their lifestyle/addictions. Just another opportunity for those leeches to cash in I suppose. Really sad for them all 

Omg :facepalm: That book sounds exactly like I expected it to sound, but somehow it's even worse.

That entire part of her talking about how much she and Mrs. Bailey suffered and have in common, jesus :facepalm: My eyes nearly rolled out of my head. But yeah sure, they have a lot in common. They're both absolutely pathetic excuses for mothers and managed to raise the two by far most messed up guys in the band.

Later (after the RRHOF) she says that Steven and Axl met and that Axl told Steven that it was pretty much Slash who "campaigned" to get Steven out of the band and that Axl was telling Steven now because he "was sick of covering for Slash" and that Axl was "fed up with being branded the manipulative asshole who intimidated everyone in the band and single handedly booted Adler out".

I can totally believe that and I've read something similar before about Slash being a driving force in getting Steven kicked out of the band. Also fits well with Slash's usual passive-aggressive, sneaky patterns of behavior.

Slash has never been a very good friend to Steven, and while I can understand to some extent why he and Steven grew apart and why Duff more or less replaced Steven in Slash's life, it still was kinda shitty of Slash to drop his childhood friend like a hot potato and to treat him like crap for years.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Andy14 said:

zs9L6p.gif

... :rofl-lol:, WOW, @Andy14, "#SMEKÁÁÁM ;) ...", you're just amazing, girl :thumbsup: ..., it´s kind of a new GIF PHENOMENON - "Andy14´s style" :thumbsup:, oh, I really love it ..., mainly the Izzy´s one, I almost spit my Nestea all over the screen :rofl-lol: ... You've done a REAL bang-up job here B-) ...

Edited by Zzuzzu
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! :D I'm new here. I've been reading this forum for a while, but I decided to create an account just now because I have something interasting to share.

I had to read Elliot Aronson's book "The Social Animal" for one of my classes. There's a part in which he talks about the ability to think of something as your own memory from the past even though that memory isn't real. It happens when somebody else mentions to you something as an event that happened in your life and it seems 100% realistic, but you never actually expierienced it. He also said that in 80s and 90s there was a lot of people who because of their therapists realised they forgot they were raped or sexually harassed as small children. Some of them ended up suing their close relatives for this, but then they were noticing that these memories didn't actually make sense (like a person they thought raped them was away at the time) and the memories weren't real, they just added them to their life story because therapists suggested that they could have occured. I don't know if anyone will understand what I'm talking about, it's hard to explain ;P.

Anyway, the first thing that came to my mind  after I read this; what if this is what happend to Axl? It is a logical explanation to me and even the time when he remembered what his father did to him is the same as with those people mentioned in the book. I'm curious to see what you think? :D

• Like 3