Jump to content
Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I just hope they at least asked him, it would be hurtful if they didn't. 

QOx3BR.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padme said:

Hard to imagine why Izzy is not involved in the reunion. I really don't think Slash and Duff have a problem with him :shrugs:

If it really is true that he expected to get paid the same as the other three for the reunion, without doing the same level of work behind the scenes...unfortunately I can understand why he was left out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padme said:

Hard to imagine why Izzy is not involved in the reunion. I really don't think Slash and Duff have a problem with him :shrugs:

Going by everything we know, neither Axl, Slash or Duff should have a problem with him. He's been hanging out and working with all three of them in recent years. Plus, Axl seemed to talk pretty fondly of Izzy during the China Exchange thing. I really want to know what the hell is going on with this whole reunion situation. Let's hope we'll get some info about this soon. Hopefully it's not just a money issue, but we'll see I guess.

 

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I don't know...Axl is crazy enough to do that :headbang:. When you're a cat it allows you to say things you can't when you're Axl Rose (I can't believe I wrote something like this :rofl-lol:), even though Axl is very straightforward. Anyway if he was behind these accounts, it would give him more freedom to say whatever he feels :smiley-confused2:. PS: I am a big fan of his sense of humour!

And some more Axl/Izzy cuteness:

16a2d95b0b9c294fa8a9c20fd086485d.jpg

tumblr_m458zg1Smc1row1nbo1_500.gif

24457cc92dc443ebd20d34546e793403.jpg

 

" I don't know...Axl is crazy enough to do that :headbang:. When you're a cat it allows you to say things you can't when you're Axl Rose"

:rofl-lol:

But yeah, I guess it all depends on how crazy you're willing to believe Axl is. And I'm a fan of his humor and the shit he posts as well. He doesn't often use social media (if we exclude the cat ones), but when he does, it's usually amusing :lol:

And nice to see some pictures of Izzy smiling and being happy with Axl. Let's have some more Izzy and Axl (and look how genuinely happy Axl is in the first two pictures because of Izzy :wub:):

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/34384400506436913034.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/0ae90dd50d9ae3d65f9672d469ffbf26.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_o5qe91kmlg1ulntsyo10_r1_400.gif

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_mhaoi9QI801rknc2ho1_500.png

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_o8ix18mC8U1vvxc7ko1_1280.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/Guns_n_Roses_L29.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/izzy_axl%20sheffield.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_o6ilq6nhXp1ufauu3o1_1280.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_o7fwuiMLBX1ufauu3o4_1280.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_o7fwuiMLBX1ufauu3o5_1280.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/tumblr_nweyajum4I1uhf1w7o5_1280.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy%20and%20Axl/t_uk7LWfC60.jpg

:heart:

 

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished reading this entire thread, thank you so much for making it! I'm a female fan and while I don't post here often, it's nice to have a place where I can discuss Axl's relationships and stuff that normally the dudes here would get mad talking about. The Erin Instagram stuff sure is interesting...

I'm a new fan, so I was wondering if people were fans of Perla when she was with Slash? It seems like everyone now dislikes her, but I was wondering was it like that the entire time or just since the divorce? I recently read Slash's book and it's very interesting to read what he said about Meegan in it, considering they are back together now. I feel like he will have to update it at some point haha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think about that tweet Izzy sent to Axl, not long after he first set up his Twitter account, the one he said "you owe me bro" in, then he deleted it. I really hate that Izzy, so far, has been left out of all this. Steven Adler I can see why and Matt too...but not Izzy. 

I can see it being a bit about money, seeing as Izzy is of the opinion that they are out there playing songs that he helped to write a lot of, he should at least get more than the hired hands, even if he doesn't do the full set. I Like Izzys stage presence much more than Richards, love his edginess. Like when he kicked that guy off the stage :lol: if Axl did it he would be a wanker but Izzy gets away with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

Just finished reading this entire thread, thank you so much for making it! I'm a female fan and while I don't post here often, it's nice to have a place where I can discuss Axl's relationships and stuff that normally the dudes here would get mad talking about. The Erin Instagram stuff sure is interesting...

I'm a new fan, so I was wondering if people were fans of Perla when she was with Slash? It seems like everyone now dislikes her, but I was wondering was it like that the entire time or just since the divorce? I recently read Slash's book and it's very interesting to read what he said about Meegan in it, considering they are back together now. I feel like he will have to update it at some point haha.

 

I'm indifferent to the wives, girlfriends and kids, TBH. They're not in the band. Every now and then something noteworthy about them comes up, like Erin's auctions, but most of the time I don't pay much attention. There have been unkind comments posted about Perla and pretty much all of the other GnR wives and girlfriends from time to time (except Erin, interestingly; she seems to be exempt from the mud slinging). I do feel that a lot of the time people are going to hate them regardless of how they are in real life, because of jealousy that they're with a rock star or whatever.

Edited by stella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I still think about that tweet Izzy sent to Axl, not long after he first set up his Twitter account, the one he said "you owe me bro" in, then he deleted it. I really hate that Izzy, so far, has been left out of all this. Steven Adler I can see why and Matt too...but not Izzy. 

I can see it being a bit about money, seeing as Izzy is of the opinion that they are out there playing songs that he helped to write a lot of, he should at least get more than the hired hands, even if he doesn't do the full set. I Like Izzys stage presence much more than Richards, love his edginess. Like when he kicked that guy off the stage :lol: if Axl did it he would be a wanker but Izzy gets away with it...

I don't know. Izzy's already getting compensated for the songs he wrote - he gets royalties for them. I don't think it's fair that he should show up for a few songs and get paid the same, or more, than the guys who are busting their asses to do a two and a half or three hour set. He was important to the band 30 years ago and hasn't done a thing to manage the band since 1991. I certainly don't think he merits being paid as much as Axl, Slash and Duff, who have managed the back catalogue, merch and other business matters together since the 90s, even when they were personally feuding. They're the ones who are spending their time and money to put this tour together.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I still think about that tweet Izzy sent to Axl, not long after he first set up his Twitter account, the one he said "you owe me bro" in, then he deleted it. I really hate that Izzy, so far, has been left out of all this. Steven Adler I can see why and Matt too...but not Izzy. 

I can see it being a bit about money, seeing as Izzy is of the opinion that they are out there playing songs that he helped to write a lot of, he should at least get more than the hired hands, even if he doesn't do the full set. I Like Izzys stage presence much more than Richards, love his edginess. Like when he kicked that guy off the stage :lol: if Axl did it he would be a wanker but Izzy gets away with it...

What? I totally missed that tweet. What was Izzy referring to? Why does Axl owe him?

Yeah, that's an interesting point. Izzy kicking some guy off the stage is cool and funny, if Axl did that he'd be crucified. :rolleyes:

 

12 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

Just finished reading this entire thread, thank you so much for making it! I'm a female fan and while I don't post here often, it's nice to have a place where I can discuss Axl's relationships and stuff that normally the dudes here would get mad talking about. The Erin Instagram stuff sure is interesting...

I'm a new fan, so I was wondering if people were fans of Perla when she was with Slash? It seems like everyone now dislikes her, but I was wondering was it like that the entire time or just since the divorce? I recently read Slash's book and it's very interesting to read what he said about Meegan in it, considering they are back together now. I feel like he will have to update it at some point haha.

Welcome! :D

I think Perla was never particularly popular. At least not on here (but she does seem to have fans on Intagram and Youtube). Personally, I never really liked her and I still don't, but I don't hate her or anything. I don't care enough about who the guys date to have any really strong feeling about their women. She just seems like a person I probably wouldn't get along too well with in real life, kinda crass and obnoxious. And I've seen some of the videos she posts on youtube, they made me rise my eye brows a bit as well.

 

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think Axl has a problem with Izzy either. He mentions him in every interview without being asked and he does it in a playful manner. Izzy's non involvement is probably due to complicated business/legal issues and has nothing to do with how the others feel about him.

Kevin Lawrence didn't clarify what he meant exactly. He said Izzy was "rude" and he didn't like his attitude; also that Axl was focused, normal and sober when he was in Rapidfire, but when he stuck with Izzy they did things that he (Kevin) didn't like. I guess he meant drugs. I agree that Kevin's opinion on Izzy may have been jealousy driven; or he wanted to believe that Izzy was responsible for him missing the opportunity of his life. The time Axl was in Rapidfire must have been a transitional phase; he hadn't moved to LA permanently yet and his then girlfriend Gina said he was undecided about what he wanted to do. No doubt that Izzy took care of him back then.

The article with the teachers' quotes you posted reminded me of a 2006 extended piece I read a while ago (I don't know if it has been discussed in the forum). There is a Lafayette related part including a police report and and an interview with Dana Gregory, Axl's older friend. Gregory tells a story about Axl, Slash and Slash's snake which is hilarious and the interview is very interesting overall.

...

http://www.gq.com/story/final-comeback-axl-rose

Thanks for the details abot the Kevin Lawrence story. I agree, it does sound a bit jealousy-driven.

And I remember reading that article! I've never forgotten that story about Slash's snake shitting all over Axl and his expensive clothes :lol:

I also like the story about Axl singing and prancing around in the bathroom. Dana Gregory's not the first to say that. I also remember Chris Weber saying Axl liked to take really long showers and would be in the bathroom for ages :lol: Well at least he was clean. Same couldn't be said for Izzy and Slash, as I recall :P

 

3 minutes ago, stella said:

I don't know. Izzy's already getting compensated for the songs he wrote - he gets royalties for them. I don't think it's fair that he should show up for a few songs and get paid the same, or more, than the guys who are busting their asses to do a two and a half or three hour set. He was important to the band 30 years ago and hasn't done a thing to manage the band since 1991. I certainly don't think he merits being paid as much as Axl, Slash and Duff, who have managed the back catalogue, merch and other business matters together since the 90s, even when they were personally feuding. They're the ones who are spending their time and money to put this tour together.

I agree with Izzy not having done the same amount of work as the other three when it comes to this band, but we don't know yet if their disagreements are over financial matters (although it wouldn't shock me). I'm willing to give Izzy the benefit of doubt, as long as we're being kept in the dark.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stella said:

I don't know. Izzy's already getting compensated for the songs he wrote - he gets royalties for them. I don't think it's fair that he should show up for a few songs and get paid the same, or more, than the guys who are busting their asses to do a two and a half or three hour set. He was important to the band 30 years ago and hasn't done a thing to manage the band since 1991. I certainly don't think he merits being paid as much as Axl, Slash and Duff, who have managed the back catalogue, merch and other business matters together since the 90s, even when they were personally feuding. They're the ones who are spending their time and money to put this tour together.
 

I Understand all that, I don't think he should be paid as much either, unless they were to let him back in on the deal. It just doesn't seem right to lump him in with the hired hands kind of status either, I just hope he turns up at some point I suppose. Anyway it was MSL who started off all the money rumours, Axl and Slash have both mentioned Izzy this year in a good way so there's still hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I still think about that tweet Izzy sent to Axl, not long after he first set up his Twitter account, the one he said "you owe me bro" in, then he deleted it. I really hate that Izzy, so far, has been left out of all this. Steven Adler I can see why and Matt too...but not Izzy. 

 

You' re right. He did write that. In the first couple of days when we didn't really have confirmation if that was really Izzy's twitter account he did write "you owe me, bro" and then deleted it. And also he shared a video from a Latinamerican show where a singer pretended to be Axl and he commented saying sth like "he's pretty good, right?" - something of that effect. I immediately thought "no way this is Izzy's account, this is an imposter! No way Izzy would post these weird things!" And then he posts a video of himself singing confirming thus that this was his account...It was pretty obvious at that point that Izzy has a thing against Axl at this point, presumably reunion-related. 

For the record,Izzy's twitter account is pretty weird. He has posted and then deleted a lot of posts. 

Edited by oaka
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oaka said:

You' re right. He did write that. In the first couple of days when we didn't really have confirmation if that was really Izzy's twitter account he did write "you owe me, bro" and then deleted it. And also he shared a video from a Latinamerican show where a singer pretended to be Axl and he commented saying sth like "he's pretty good, right?" - something of that effect. I immediately thought "no way this is Izzy's account, this is an imposter! No way Izzy would post these weird things!" And then he posts a video of himself singing confirming thus that this was his account...It was pretty obvious at that point that Izzy has a thing against Axl at this point, presumably reunion-related. 

For the record,Izzy's twitter account is pretty weird. He has posted and then deleted a lot of posts. 

They all are pretty funny with their accounts. Slash and the weird morbid-sexual stuff he posts, Axl and his emojis and cats, passive-aggressive Izzy... It makes me more and more curious to know what they would have posted, had the social media existed 30 years ago :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

. It makes me more and more curious to know what they would have posted, had the social media existed 30 years ago :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I have thought about that, too! omg!!! That would have been interesting to say the least!! The media would be following their accounts like crazy!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oaka said:

I have thought about that, too! omg!!! That would have been interesting to say the least!! The media would be following their accounts like crazy!! :lol:

I think that Axl definitely wouldn't have used Twitter since it's too limited for his long rants. ;)

And am I the only one to think that Slash would have posted the same shit as he does now? :smiley-confused2:

 

Btw. A new pic of Axl to discuss, it seems like he keeps on losing weight which is not surprising once he can finally move on stage.

13450809_1234525923225616_6883170555364010894_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I think that Axl definitely wouldn't have used Twitter since it's too limited for his long rants. ;)

And am I the only one to think that Slash would have posted the same shit as he does now? :smiley-confused2:

 

Btw. A new pic of Axl to discuss, it seems like he keeps on losing weight which is not surprising once he can finally move on stage.

13450809_1234525923225616_6883170555364010894_n.jpg

I feel the same about Slash.. he must have alaways been this way!

As for Axl, I do think he has lost weight. I have noticed that noone mentioned that Axl had a personal trainer with him in Europe during the Axl/DC gigs. That surely means that he is taking care of himself. 

I hope he will stop using the cane - I guess it helps him walk now that he is still recovering from his injury. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaka said:

You' re right. He did write that. In the first couple of days when we didn't really have confirmation if that was really Izzy's twitter account he did write "you owe me, bro" and then deleted it. And also he shared a video from a Latinamerican show where a singer pretended to be Axl and he commented saying sth like "he's pretty good, right?" - something of that effect. I immediately thought "no way this is Izzy's account, this is an imposter! No way Izzy would post these weird things!" And then he posts a video of himself singing confirming thus that this was his account...It was pretty obvious at that point that Izzy has a thing against Axl at this point, presumably reunion-related. 

For the record,Izzy's twitter account is pretty weird. He has posted and then deleted a lot of posts. 

I didn't see the video he posted but I read about it, it does seem he is annoyed with Axl for something. I don't think its money related either, because when MSL started that rumour Izzy put it on his Twitter that he wanted to know who he was. So yes, I would say it's reunion related and to do with being left out, which is a shame if Izzy wanted to be in. I just can't see Axl telling him no either though :wacko:

what a mess, as usual :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I didn't see the video he posted but I read about it, it does seem he is annoyed with Axl for something. I don't think its money related either, because when MSL started that rumour Izzy put it on his Twitter that he wanted to know who he was. So yes, I would say it's reunion related and to do with being left out, which is a shame if Izzy wanted to be in. I just can't see Axl telling him no either though :wacko:

what a mess, as usual :lol:

The video was from a show called "Yo soy". It was discussed in a thread in the forum. 

My understanding about the whole Izzy thing is that he didn't really want to committ to doing a world tour or he felt that the amount of money offered to him was not enough. 

I still hope that he will make an appearance during the US tour. Steven as well! That would be amazing! 

To tell you the truth, when the reunion started I was 100% sure that Izzy was in since he was joined Axl on stage on many occasions (even after the HOF induction) and he has made appearances with the other guys as well. (it's weird that although he was in contact with all of the other guys through the years, he never played the role of the mediator like Duff most probably did). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

They all are pretty funny with their accounts. Slash and the weird morbid-sexual stuff he posts, Axl and his emojis and cats, passive-aggressive Izzy... It makes me more and more curious to know what they would have posted, had the social media existed 30 years ago :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I think that Axl definitely wouldn't have used Twitter since it's too limited for his long rants. ;)

And am I the only one to think that Slash would have posted the same shit as he does now? :smiley-confused2:

 

I wrote a post about exactly this once in the social media thread. And it was a joke of course, but I also agree with you that Slash's for example wouldn't have been all that different than it is nowadays and that Axl would go on rants. It would have been so entertaining, I'm disappointed we missed out on that :ph34r::rofl-lol:

 

- Axl would go on even more and longer rants about random topics than he does nowadays. And call out people that piss him off, regularly causing social media shit storms. He also posts ~deep~ quotes and poetry.

- The stuff Slash posts is so pornographic, his accounts regularly get suspended and deleted. Sometimes he posts nasty videos/pictures of himself pranking Axl. He also posts way too many pictures of his snakes and other assorted reptiles, plus random horror crap. Kinda like nowadays, really.

- Izzy never writes anything, but he occasionally releases a picture of his dog, his newest motorbike or a desert landscape. Sometimes he also links to old songs containing subtle messages about his band members on youtube. Oh wait.

- Duff is so drunk and his spelling therefore so messed  up that no one can decipher what he's trying to say. It often actually is something intelligent, but no one realizes. He also likes posting pictures of vodka bottles, cute dogs, fluffy kittens and punk rock fashion.

- Steven is too messed up and can't reliably be trusted with his own social media account. Alan Niven/Doug Goldstein don't allow him to have one.

They all hate Bon Jovi and Poison.

 

1 hour ago, oaka said:

You' re right. He did write that. In the first couple of days when we didn't really have confirmation if that was really Izzy's twitter account he did write "you owe me, bro" and then deleted it. And also he shared a video from a Latinamerican show where a singer pretended to be Axl and he commented saying sth like "he's pretty good, right?" - something of that effect. I immediately thought "no way this is Izzy's account, this is an imposter! No way Izzy would post these weird things!" And then he posts a video of himself singing confirming thus that this was his account...It was pretty obvious at that point that Izzy has a thing against Axl at this point, presumably reunion-related. 

For the record,Izzy's twitter account is pretty weird. He has posted and then deleted a lot of posts. 

Thanks for explaining that, I wasn't around much when all this went down. Pretty interesting. And I still wanna know why exactly Axl owes Izzy. But if he still calls him his bro, it can't be that bad right? :P

 

EDIT: Axl looks pretty good in that picture, but I hate that T-Shirt. I actually hate most of shirts, but this one especially :max::P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lumikki I wish I had saved a screen shot of those tweets...but back then I was convinced (just like a lot of people in the forum) that it wasn't Izzy's real account. Especially when he posted that youtube video of that guy imitating Axl, I was like "yeah, yeah, right, that's Izzy, sure!!". To me, it was a clear indication that it wasn't Izzy!! hahaha!! :lol::lol:

Edited by oaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello... :rolleyes:

About the Erin stuff, all I'm gonna say is that she's is very sweet and a genuine woman. I don't understand the hate for her here and I guess she talks about her ex-husband as much as he talks about his ex-wife. In the end, it is Axl the one dedicating songs to her.

I don't like reading shit about her so I won't comment further on that. She's been extraordinarily good and nice to me and that's all that matters in my heart.

2 hours ago, stella said:

I don't know. Izzy's already getting compensated for the songs he wrote - he gets royalties for them. I don't think it's fair that he should show up for a few songs and get paid the same, or more, than the guys who are busting their asses to do a two and a half or three hour set. He was important to the band 30 years ago and hasn't done a thing to manage the band since 1991. I certainly don't think he merits being paid as much as Axl, Slash and Duff, who have managed the back catalogue, merch and other business matters together since the 90s, even when they were personally feuding. They're the ones who are spending their time and money to put this tour together.

This is the same thing I said in that Izzy thread where everybody got their panties in a bunch and attacked me for voicing my opinion on what Izzy does in Twitter. Glad to see there are other people with enough senses to see it for what it is, not fanboys twisting words and acting like psychos.

Thank you Stella for telling it like it is. You're spot on. :thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, oaka said:

@Lumikki I wish I had saved a screen shot of those tweets...but back then I was convinced (just like a lot of people in the forum) that it wasn't Izzy's real account. Especially when he posted that youtube video of that guy imitating Axl, I was like "yeah, yeah, right, that's Izzy, sure!!". To me, it was a clear indication that it wasn't Izzy!! hahaha!! :lol::lol:

Me too, I was a bit shocked when it was confirmed to be him, he showed himself to be a little bit petty imo. Still, I hope whatever Axl did to annoy has been resolved. I wonder if Axl saw it and just decided to ignore him, im going to get he did lol 

I thought for sure Izzy would be involved in the reunion shows as well, especially after The Hall Of Fame thing. As soon as Axl confirmed he wasn't going we all knew and said on here Izzy wouldn't go, couple of days later he confirmed he wasn't going! :lol:

Seeing as Izzy was the first one to make peace with Axl, way back in 06 and they seem to have been good ever since, I just assumed him and Axl were ok still. Evidently not. 

BTW has anyone else noticed Izzy types like a teenage girl too?? The latest tweet he says "thanx" :lol:

No wonder classic GNR imploded when they're all a bunch of teenage girls in disguise , poor Duff has to put up with people! :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see pics and videos of Slash,Axl and Duff together please :cry:.Well I guess I 'll  be able to see them with the tour starting soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, shelly60 said:

I have been friends with Erin on facebook for 7 years she requested me as a friend. I have always loved her. I respect her privacy don't message her weird questions and stuff like that. She's part of GNR's history and part of Axl's as well as he is hers. I hope they do talk to each other.

:heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×