GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

12 minutes ago, nonok said:

And it's great that you've been around more lately, too. :heart:

Now actually to be fair, I remember quite a few photoshopped Slaxl pictures from even before the thread was created that just started floating around here afterwards. The cringe of Photoshop has always been looming around, unfortunately. I hate photoshopped pics - simply because they aren't real. :max:

Anyway, it's not your fault the index never happened, or anyone else's, for that matter. It's just impossible to do it, this thread is bigger than Axl's ass hats. I guess the first 150 to 200 pages are the really golden ones (unless someone is more interested in the latest news, which would be on the last pages).

I absolutely relate to the part about not having time, having more responsibilities and especially the staleness of the shows. I have some faith for the future of the band, of course, but there's really not much to talk about right now and most discussions are dull, so in order not to be tempted by the dark side and start complaining, I opt to just stay away from mygnr - it's always been a mess of a forum, if we're being honest. I was a lurker for years before I made an account because of the reunion and it was the same shit before, too.

As for the people, debates etc. - well, I think it's just the natural flow of events (or lack thereof), the boredom and the vastness of the thread that lead to this (and by this I don't mean "bad, awful people" like someone might take it, I just mean the recycled and dull stuff), not the people. For the most part. Would be divine if @Lumikki was here, though, not gonna lie (hope she doesn't get mad I'm dragging her into this). :lol:

Yeah but I remember we all rejected such things, lol...... The anime was more accepted among others because if it was going to be fake, at least let it be art or something that you put some effort on making :max:

Haha, that's the reason why I've stayed away too. But sometimes you feel like "taking a walk" in that cool park that smelled of roses and brought you back to life, only to find out it is a vacant lot now :facepalm:

Lumikki is very busy with a new job (sorry to divulge personal information but I feel obliged :ph34r:) and it doesn't look like she's gonna get a lot of free time on her hands anymore.

This is how our life is now, so .... bummer ..... :shrugs: being an adult sucks major ass :unsure: (bigger than Axl's)

Edited by killuridols

26 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So, can someone come up with an interesting subject to start a conversation instead of going on with this argument? Especially one of the "originals" who know what things haven't been discussed that much.

Let's make this thread great again, right? ;)

I'm on it - does anyone have pictures of Izzy with a beard? It's uh, it's for purely scientific purposes. :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, Frey said:

You can't lock a thread or ban certain people from entering as far as I know, it's a free message board :lol:

And no one says you can't joke or have fun. There has always been plenty of fun and joking going on in this thread ever since it was created. The problem is that things aren't a lot of fun anymore for quite a few people with the way things are going now. Which is understandable to me, because I don't care to scroll through endless pages of users having personal conversations or pointless posts like "I agree lol" or "Out of likes again!" either.

If you read through the first 300 (400?) pages or it usually worked like this: a topic or two were discussed for multiple pages (meaning days at a time) and it was structured and continous. Now it's an interesting post here, tons and tons of boring spam, an interesting post there, spam spam spam, etc. It's a mess basically and that's what's frustrating.

I understand it can get frustrating....believe me I do, but at the same time I realize it's just the nature of the beast. We can only talk about certain GNR topics so much before it gets stale. There are only so many pics to be seen. We also have to remember that some of us here are pretty young (not me of course :P) and are just starting to discover some of the things we already know. Honestly, you are personally one of the reasons I keep coming here. You bring up a topic, listen to all opinions and debate in a healthy way. With that being said, I hope everyone reaches some level of comfort.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nonok said:

I'm on it - does anyone have pictures of Izzy with a beard? It's uh, it's for purely scientific purposes. :ph34r:

2bebcb73a4d2547347a33c2d53081276.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Will a little scruff work for your science project? I don't think he has ever had a full beard, sadly. :(

• Like 1

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

2bebcb73a4d2547347a33c2d53081276.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Will a little scruff work for your science project? I don't think he has ever had a full beard, sadly. :(

Out of likes. They'll have to do. :P Why can't there be more like the 4 above? Izzy's pretty much the only guy in GNR who can rock a beard imo (I hate Axl's Jesus phase and Slash just looks old with a beard now). Shame Izzy never grew his out (or he did but he hid himself in his avocado farm).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nonok said:

Out of likes. They'll have to do. :P Why can't there be more like the 4 above? Izzy's pretty much the only guy in GNR who can rock a beard imo (I hate Axl's Jesus phase and Slash just looks old with a beard now). Shame Izzy never grew his out (or he did but he hid himself in his avocado farm).

Izzy has some weird thing against facial hair. :shrugs:I believe it was Duff who said that the GNR newspaper ad he answered even stated "no beards" as one of the requirements. It's a damn shame though because he looked good with the little he had.  Except for this weird soul patch he was rockin' in these pics... No bueno. :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Kris_1989