GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Two random questions for the Axl experts here:

1) Are Amy and Stuart both Axl's half-siblings, or is only Stuart his half-brother while Amy is his full biological sister? Basically did his mom have another kid with that Rose guy before moving on to the Bailey guy? I keep seeing both versions on various GnR sites and I have no idea which one is true. Do we even know?

2) Is the old guy in these pictures really Axl's stepfather? I read this somewhere, but have no idea if that is true. He does kinda look like Stuart face-wise, I think. And also like a creep.

tumblr_o8yps7R7c61ufd099o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8yps7R7c61ufd099o2_1280.jpg

Both of them are half siblings, meaning Axl's step father is the biological father of both of them Amy and Stuart. The other guy in the pic is nobody. Maybe the restaurant manager or just a friend of them. I don't think the other guy looks very old

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

Both of them are half siblings, meaning Axl's step father is the biological father of both of them Amy and Stuart. The other guy in the pic is nobody. Maybe the restaurant manager or just a friend of them. I don't think the other guy looks very old

The main questions is that do they still call him Bill or Axl? 

It would be ever weird for Izzy to call him Axl cause mostly all his childhood and teenage years he has called him Bill and then suddenly Axl changed his name. 

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

Both of them are half siblings, meaning Axl's step father is the biological father of both of them Amy and Stuart.

See thats what I always thought too, but I keep seeing it the other way in various places.

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The main questions is that do they still call him Bill or Axl? 

It would be ever weird for Izzy to call him Axl cause mostly all his childhood and teenage years he has called him Bill and then suddenly Axl changed his name. 

Pretty sure they call him Axl. Even his grandmother said she calls him Axl (because he asked her to) in that interview that was posted here a while ago.

I think it was a gradual process. I remember reading somewhere that there was a time when some days he'd be Bill, some days he'd be Bill Axl, and some days just Axl. I guess Axl eventually won out.

4 minutes ago, Frey said:

Pretty sure they call him Axl. Even his grandmother said she calls him Axl (because he asked her to) in that interview that was posted here a while ago.

Which Interview? link please?

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

See thats what I always thought too, but I keep seeing it the other way in various places.

The weird thing is that Amy looks much older than Axl even though she is younger than him. 

They all called him Axl because that's the only way he wants to be called. As far as I know the only person who called Axl Bill or Billy was the guy from Rapid Fire. In the case of Amy we have seen a few comments she made in her FB and she called him Axl

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I think it was a gradual process. I remember reading somewhere that there was a time when some days he'd be Bill, some days he'd be Bill Axl, and some days just Axl. I guess Axl eventually won out.

IIRC from the various Rolling Stone interviews and such, Axl had broken contact with his stepfather by the early 90s. Axl didn't have that beard until they were toward the end of the UYI - going on that, it definitely couldn't be the stepfather. I agree with what was said below; it's probably the restaurant manager or a local promoter or some such person.

And I agree, I do not think Axl would really be happy about anyone calling him Bill now, and that the people in his life would respect that. Since he went to the trouble of legally changing his name to Axl back in the day, he must have felt very strongly about how he wanted to be called.

Fun Fact: Axl's brother Stuart had a band called The Assassins. Axl was set to release their debut album through GN'R's Uzi Suicide label in 1995. For some reason, never happened:

ROSE HAS found time for a couple of interesting projects inbetween court dates, though. Firstly, he has been keeping an eye on the forthcoming official biography of Guns N' Roses. Somewhat pessimistically titled Shattered Illusion, it's due for publication in 1995 and has been written by Axl's long-time friend and lyrical collaborator, Del James. The book is understood to be the inside story of the band with a great deal of input from the vocalist's side. It's sure to be both an entertaining and controversial read!

From a musical point of view, Rose has turned his attention to resurrecting GN'R's own label, Uzi Suicide, which they used to launch their debut EP, 'Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide'.

With distribution lined up via Geffen, Rose organised a showcase gig for Geffen execs featuring four of the bands he's interested in. They are Soul, Davy's Farm, Salt Of The Earth and The Assassins.

Davy's Farm are now close to a deal, while Soul will have an EP out early next year, plus a Del James-directed video.

The Assassins are also close to inking a deal, and can expect a huge amount of publicity when they do sign, as they feature Axl's brother Stuart Bailey on guitar. Bailey was previously best-known as a vocalist with Dr. Whiskey. The Assassins' music, which Bailey has a hand in writing, is in the currently hot Southern Rock vein being pursued by the likes of Pride & Glory, and on the softer side, Blind Melon (another band Axl has helped out).

Uzi Suicide re-released all of Hanoi Rocks' back catalogue on CD in the US last year. Rose and Slash have often acknowledged the debt they owe to the seminal Glam tarts, who were led by Michael Monroe, currently with Demolition 23.

I was doing some research in Ancestry.com on my family (most libraries have it), but then I typed "Sharon Lintner" in there and a few things came up, her death certificate,  her social security info, and a high school photo, the addresses where she lived. 

She had to have been 15 or 16 when she had Axl, not clear on when she married Axl's dad (would have to find local newspapers), but she remarried in 1966 and stayed married to him until she passed. It's likely she dropped out and never graduated at the time. 

The death certificate made it seem like she found out she had cancer when it was too far gone (it went to her brain) and died 2 months later. 

There's a couple of classroom photos of her from the 1962 yearbook (same school Axl went to) and Axl and Amy definitely look like her, but the photo quality kind of sucks. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

I was doing some research in Ancestry.com on my family (most libraries have it), but then I typed "Sharon Lintner" in there and a few things came up, her death certificate,  her social security info, and a high school photo, the addresses where she lived. 

She had to have been 15 or 16 when she had Axl, not clear on when she married Axl's dad (would have to find local newspapers), but she remarried in 1966 and stayed married to him until she passed. It's likely she dropped out and never graduated at the time. 

The death certificate made it seem like she found out she had cancer when it was too far gone (it went to her brain) and died 2 months later. 

There's a couple of classroom photos of her from the 1962 yearbook (same school Axl went to) and Axl and Amy definitely look like her, but the photo quality kind of sucks. 

Can you post that pic if you got it? I've only seen one pic of her with Axl, probably somewhere around 1990/91, cause he had bangs. But I don't think I saw any other pic of her....

4 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Can you post that pic if you got it? I've only seen one pic of her with Axl, probably somewhere around 1990/91, cause he had bangs. But I don't think I saw any other pic of her....

There's one other where it's a group photo of her singing in the school choir and I didn't feel it was appropriate to post the death certificate,  but if your library has Ancestry.com, the info is easy to find. They recently uploaded a bunch of yearbook photos and was finding some of my family. My family's from New York and a lot harder to pull info up because the city sees genealogy as a cash cow. Indiana's a lot easier I guess. 

It's possible both of Axl's biological dad is in the yearbook, but his stepdad came from Ohio and as far as I know is still alive living in the same house mentioned on her death cert. 

Lintner class.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dalsh327 said:

She was born in 1945. She was 17 when Axl was born.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

There's one other where it's a group photo of her singing in the school choir and I didn't feel it was appropriate to post the death certificate,  but if your library has Ancestry.com, the info is easy to find. They recently uploaded a bunch of yearbook photos and was finding some of my family. My family's from New York and a lot harder to pull info up because the city sees genealogy as a cash cow. Indiana's a lot easier I guess. 

It's possible both of Axl's biological dad is in the yearbook, but his stepdad came from Ohio and as far as I know is still alive living in the same house mentioned on her death cert. 

Lintner class.jpg

Thank you! I seriously doubt that we have something like that in our country (I'm not American) so I definately couldn't find it myself. :D

Though, I find it hard to see the resemblance, probably due to the fact that the picture is very bright and black and white, so her facial structure (and hair) are hard to see. 

1 hour ago, dalsh327 said:

Lintner class.jpg

I see the resemblance around the eyes. Does anyone know how Axl's relationship been with his brother and sister recently and currently?  

1 minute ago, pinkforgirls said:

I see the resemblance around the eyes. Does anyone know how Axl's relationship been with his brother and sister recently and currently?  

His sister spent the whole weekend in Las Vegas with Axl for the shows there. Not too sure about his brother. 

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I don't have a link, but it was posted here some pages back. The one that had all these quotes from Axl's school teachers that were discussed here. It also had some quotes by his grandma in it.

@dalsh327 Thank you for posting that! Many of us here aren't American, so there would have been no way for me to ever find that. Please post everything you have (as long as it's not too inappropriate), because otherwise most people here will never get to see that stuff.

2 hours ago, nn18 said:

Though, I find it hard to see the resemblance, probably due to the fact that the picture is very bright and black and white, so her facial structure (and hair) are hard to see. 

I think she definitely resembles him. If I tilt my screen, I can see the same cheekbones Axl has. Also the jawline, chin, etc seem the same, only a female version of what Axl has and therefore less pronounced. Same nose too it seems, but hard to tell.

Also what other picture of his mother? As far as I know there wasn't one until now (except for some weird blurry pictures of her with all three children that randomly appeared somewhere once). Do you mean the one of Axl with the frizzy-haired woman that is often claimed to be his mother? Because that's not his mother, that woman was a tourist guide from Chile or something. At least according to previous discussion on that forum about that picture.

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

This one: http://www.oocities.org/rattlesnake_suitcase/indy91.htm

1 hour ago, pinkforgirls said:

He still seems to be pretty close with his sister. Probably Stuart as well, but we never hear anything from him.

4 hours ago, stella said:

IIRC from the various Rolling Stone interviews and such, Axl had broken contact with his stepfather by the early 90s. Axl didn't have that beard until they were toward the end of the UYI - going on that, it definitely couldn't be the stepfather. I agree with what was said below; it's probably the restaurant manager or a local promoter or some such person.

And I agree, I do not think Axl would really be happy about anyone calling him Bill now, and that the people in his life would respect that. Since he went to the trouble of legally changing his name to Axl back in the day, he must have felt very strongly about how he wanted to be called.

Axl does not like being called Bill at all. I've heard at least two people say that Axl got really mad at them when they accidentally called him Bill (Pamela Manning and Chris Weber I think).

And let's not forget Axl even sued one of their managers for damages because of the emotional pain he caused him by referring to him as Bill Bailey in the court papers. I think it was Azoff who did that. And Axl sued him because that name was too tied to his abusive childhood and the traumas associated with it and he alleged that Azoff knew that and used Bill Bailey on purpose to hurt Axl.

Irving Azoff is a gigantic douche if that is really how it went down :facepalm::max::anger:

Edited by Lumikki

7 hours ago, Frey said:

2) Is the old guy in these pictures really Axl's stepfather? I read this somewhere, but have no idea if that is true. He does kinda look like Stuart face-wise, I think. And also like a creep.

tumblr_o8yps7R7c61ufd099o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8yps7R7c61ufd099o2_1280.jpg

Those two pictures were taken in Chile in 1992. They are in. Robert John's book. Chile is famous for its wonderful sea food so anyone visiting there must try those dishes.

That guy couldn't be his stepfather at all since I really doubt he travelled with Axl during the UYI tour. This is December 1992. I'm more than sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Lintner class.jpg

wow Axl really does resemble his mom...

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

@dalsh327 Thank you for posting that! Many of us here aren't American, so there would have been no way for me to ever find that. Please post everything you have (as long as it's not too inappropriate), because otherwise most people here will never get to see that stuff.

I think she definitely resembles him. If I tilt my screen, I can see the same cheekbones Axl has. Also the jawline, chin, etc seem the same, only a female version of what Axl has and therefore less pronounced. Same nose too it seems, but hard to tell.

Also what other picture of his mother? As far as I know there wasn't one until now (except for some weird blurry pictures of her with all three children that randomly appeared somewhere once). Do you mean the one of Axl with the frizzy-haired woman that is often claimed to be his mother? Because that's not his mother, that woman was a tourist guide from Chile or something. At least according to previous discussion on that forum about that picture.

Wow, I really thought that was his mother, and I even thought they look alike, more than this real picture of her :lol: 

11473b1c766bc4f1a858699bafd478e1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Lintner class.jpg

That's really interesting thanks for posting. I was always curious about how she looked like, she does resemble Axl: her eyes, cheekbones and her nose too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Dude, that's pretty cool! Geneaology has always fascinated me, so thanks for posting!

Can you post the other pictures of his mom that you mentioned? And maybe see if you can find his biological father? I've always wondered about that guy. 

I wish I could research stuff like this myself, but libraries around here don't have ancestry.com. In fact most of them don't even have computers :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

@dalsh327

Also what other picture of his mother? As far as I know there wasn't one until now (except for some weird blurry pictures of her with all three children that randomly appeared somewhere once). 

What blurry pictures? I've never seen any pics of Axls mom except the one dalsh just posted.