GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes, there was this Oklahoma song. Axl said he was in court because of the Erin lawsuit. That same day the Oklahoma FBI Headquarter there got bombed by this guy Timmothy McVeigh. And Axl was wondering how was it possible that he was in court listening to Erin's statment when such tragedy was taking place in Oklahoma. That was 1995. Axl talked about it a lot later. But I don't remember when the interview took place.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

No, I know that Steph sued him and everything, but Axl specifically talked about a court date with Erin. I just googled and found the quote:

Another song, called "Oklahoma" – heard tonight only as an instrumental – was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. "I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing," Rose remembers with a wince. "We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing – it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal."

I think it's the same lawsuit. Stephanie subpoenaed Erin so she had to testify in court.

The rest of the quote is just Axl being an asshole. Like, yeah, suddenly you care about 168 people getting killed, lol :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, stella said:

For all we know, one of the posters here who just reads all the time and doesn't post very much, if at all, is Axl.

Where'a Axl? Where's Axl? Hi Axl! Hi Axl! :ph34r: 

:popcorn:

I suppose the real question is, does anyone believe that Axl has really changed? I mean, here we are, what, 25 ish years later,and there hasn't been any more reports of violent behaviour from him towards women, in all that time. If he did continue with that horriffic behaviour, we would certainly know about it, right? In my opinion we definitely would. 

Maybe it's why he's kept himself away from any serious relationships, that we know of. And no children. 

Seriously, I couldn't be a fan of his if I thought this behaviour had continued at all, it makes for depressing reading as it is. 

4 hours ago, giuls said:

About the ICP quote, oh my god, people say that Axl  was the obsessed and bitter one but 1) how would he ever think that a ICP lyrics it's about Axl, did he ever meet them?

2) and then the quote goes on: "Then he started talking to me about how much he hated Axl Rose. "Yeah, fuck that cocksucker..."
"Yeah, well, Slash, bro, this song ain't nothing to do with him," I said quickly.
Slash wasn't going to let it go. He looked me right in the eye.
"You a fan of Axl?" he asked.
Oh shit man. I was stuck, because I did like Axl. In fact, I'm a huge fan of the whole band, but fuck that. Axl ain't here hookin' up our album, so fuck him. I'm down with Slash; in fact, I would've even helped Slash jump that fucker, Axl, if he wanted me to.
"No. I'm a fan of the music of Guns 'n Roses," I said. "I've never met him or nothing."
"Yeah, well, he's a fucking asshole."

I'm chocking on the bitterness here, i don't know how no-one has ever closed them inside a room so they could talk, it's ridiculous.

I know right?!

The bitterness and the Axl obsession is through the roof in that entire damn scene :lol::facepalm:

And well the guy himself says in the second to last line that he's never met Axl or anything, so Slash should have no reason to suspect they would write songs about Axl. It's all just Slash being crazy :wow:

(And wow, it's rare we get to call Slash crazy, usually that word is solely associated with Axl :P)

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thank you!

I think it's the same lawsuit. Stephanie subpoenaed Erin so she had to testify in court.

The rest of the quote is just Axl being an asshole. Like, yeah, suddenly you care about 168 people getting killed, lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's probably the same lawsuit. He just had a court date with Erin specifically on that particular day, got really pissed for some reason (most likely because it was unpleasant for him -as it should be- listening to Erin talk about all the things he had done to her), and then he wrote a pissy song about it/her. Because getting pissy about it and claiming some weird moral high ground is easier than facing the truth of what he'd done to her again. And what he could have had, if he hadn't screwed things up so spectacularly with her.

By the time that court date with Erin happened and that song was written it was 1995, so Erin was gone, Stephanie had gone, no other woman came after that, the band started completely falling apart at that point... He must have been pretty miserable.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I suppose the real question is, does anyone believe that Axl has really changed? I mean, here we are, what, 25 ish years later,and there hasn't been any more reports of violent behaviour from him towards women, in all that time. If he did continue with that horriffic behaviour, we would certainly know about it, right? In my opinion we definitely would. 

Maybe it's why he's kept himself away from any serious relationships, that we know of. And no children. 

Seriously, I couldn't be a fan of his if I thought this behaviour had continued at all, it makes for depressing reading as it is. 

Good question. But yeah, I'm willing to believe he's changed as long as I don't hear anything else. And we really haven't heard anything like that in a looong time. And yes, in times where the whole Johnny Depp/Amber Heard thing or the Rihanna/Chris Brown thing are huge issues now, I think we'd definitely hear about it.

There are also women who have specifically said that Axl never was abusive towards them and always treated them well. Like Jenniver Driver or Pamela Manning for example (and Ellen Jabour seems like she didn't have any problems like that with him either). But then, those weren't relationships as serious as those with Erin and Steph.

I guess what it comes down to is that Axl really did some self-reflection and took a hard look at himself and the issues he had. And worked hard at over-coming these things. One thing that I've always remembered is when Axl was talking about abuse being generational in families in an interview or something, and then he said "It stops with me."

It looks like he really managed to do that, which is awesome. And pretty rare for someone who already had a history of being violent and abusive.

(The idea that he might have completely stopped having serious relationships with women or never had children because he was afraid he might hurt any potential future women/children is a pretty sad one though...)

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

Well Slash looks pretty obsessed N' obsessive with Axl judging by His book.

If You talk bad about Axl in front of Him Im pretty sure He will mad :D makes Me thinking about What Slash said to Ash when Ash tells some bad things about Axl before this reunion happens:huh:

All this Slaxl talk makes Me want to share that  Video :wow: Should I? Or  shouldnt? :wacko:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well Slash looks pretty obsessed N' obsessive with Axl judging by His book.

If You talk bad about Axl in front of Him Im pretty sure He will mad :D makes Me thinking about What Slash said to Ash when Ash that tells some bad things about Axl before this reunion happens:huh:

All this Slaxl talk makes Me want to share that  Video :wow: Should I? Or  shouldnt? :wacko:

Do it, it's not that bad :) 

3 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

@SerenityScorp i'm all for you should. Who's with me?

How long is the vid anyway? I'm about to leave the forum for other committments.

Why are you leaving?

Before leaving at least tell what kind of a Cheesecake are you? 

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The ultimate Slaxl moment :lol: 

it better not get deleted

Yep

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

i think he just leaned up to the mic and screams

quality is so bad its hard its hard to see

i highly doubt Axl woulda just let Slash kiss him like that :lol:

Some People said that but if You actually see it closely He really kiss Him

Axl even said I like Kiss

11 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Yep

Some People said that but if You actually see it closely He really kiss Him

Axl even said I like Kiss

Axl says "I like this" or something like that. "I like kiss" is not a grammatically correct sentence and Axl wouldn't say that since he's a native English speaker.

We can't see what's going on at all. It could be anything. Sorry girls, I know a lot of you would love to see Axl and Slash kiss and make out with each other (and more...), but you need to bug Marc or someone for a better quality version of this before we can draw any conclusions :lol:

Edited by Frey

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Axl says "I like this" or something like that. "I like kiss" is not a grammatically correct sentence and Axl wouldn't say that since he's a native English speaker.

We can't see what's going on at all. It could be anything. Sorry girls, I know a lot of you would love to see these two kiss and make out with each other, but you need to bug Marc or someone for a better quality version of this before we can draw any conclusions :lol:

He defintely says "I like this" just after Slash screams into the microphone. I think Slash just says something to Axl then screams into the mic, that's it. Not saying it's not fun to watch the video though :D 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think he changed because, like you said, he hasn't had a serious relationship in ages and the women wouldn't have reasons, like the memory of a good relationship before the abuses, to stay silent. I'm sure he has been with a lot of women, someone would have talked and asked for a rightful compensation.

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

I know right?!

The bitterness and the Axl obsession is through the roof in that entire damn scene :lol::facepalm:

And well the guy himself says in the second to last line that he's never met Axl or anything, so Slash should have no reason to suspect they would write songs about Axl. It's all just Slash being crazy :wow:

(And wow, it's rare we get to call Slash crazy, usually that word is solely associated with Axl :P)

I actually feel kinda bad for the ICP dude, it's like when a couple you're friends with try to put you in the middle of their fight, it's pretty awkward.

Another thing that got me like "...Okay, Slash" was when he was talking about Axl going to live at his mum's with him and he said "It wasn’t because we were soul mates or anything" and i didn't understand why he felt need to point this out, it was 2007, at that point in time they weren't talking, we knew that they aren't (weren't) soulmates and it doesn't seem to me like it's a turn of phrase that it's used a lot for describing them, i was always curious about this.

About the video, i honestly don't know, It seems that Slash is the one screaming WOOOH in the microphone but Axl does a strange movement when Slash is near him , bah, watching it again i'm going with no but it's too blurry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, giuls said:

I think he changed because, like you said, he hasn't had a serious relationship in ages and the women wouldn't have reasons, like the memory of a good relationship before the abuses, to stay silent. I'm sure he has been with a lot of women, someone would have talked and asked for a rightful compensation.

I actually feel kinda bad for the ICP dude, it's like when a couple you're friends with try to put you in the middle of their fight, it's pretty awkward.

Another thing that got me like "...Okay, Slash" was when he was talking about Axl going to live at his mum's with him and he said "It wasn’t because we were soul mates or anything" and i didn't understand why he felt need to point this out, it was 2007, at that point in time they weren't talking, we knew that they aren't (weren't) soulmates and it doesn't seem to me like it's a turn of phrase that it's used a lot for describing them, i was always curious about this.

About the video, i honestly don't know, It seems that Slash is the one screaming WOOOH in the microphone but Axl does a strange movement when Slash is near him , bah, watching it again i'm going with no but it's too blurry.

Could be Slash or could be Fans. Maybe try to watch without the sound :D 

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

We need to move this gif here as well

giphy.gif

:hug:

Where did You get tht?

53 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

https://youtu.be/1P0_8ZtYOEg

Watch on 4:39/4:40

Pfffffff :rofl-lol:

that video is old news and it's been debunked years ago! There's no kiss there, I'm sorry. It's just Slash screaming into the microphone and Axl says "I like this" but he doesn't mean he likes to be kissed by Slash, lol :lol:

That animated gif was made at my request :heart:

Id like one of the part where they leave in the cart, haha

ill come back reply the rest of interesting things after I'm done with something :P

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

In this respect, I actually do. What made Axl different from a lot of people in DV cases is that he seemed to be aware of what he had done. So many people including Axl himself have said that he spent tons of money and time in therapy - both conventional and not - to try to get to the bottom of his issues and fix himself. And he didn't make excuses for that - in those interviews from the end of the UYI era, like the last Rolling Stone and RIP interviews, he says, "I did _____ because of ______ but I'm working on it," more or less.

I do agree that if he'd continued to engage in such violent behavior toward women it would be alllll over the Internet. It would be everywhere. I think the fact that we haven't heard is another good sign. If he were still behaving that way I don't think I could support GnR at all.

And he's also around a lot of women now and seems to respect them and have really good working relationships with them - he put his sister in charge of some stuff on the UYI tour, and now Beta and Vanessa. I honestly don't think Beta and her family would stick around if he were still beating up women.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

We need to move this gif here as well

giphy.gif

:hug:

AWWWW, look at them, :wub: 

Wasn't there a photo of a cart with a paper with "Are you Duff? Are you Slash? then this cart isn't for you" Did Axl give Slash a lift with his cart?

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

that video is old news and it's been debunked years ago! There's no kiss there, I'm sorry. It's just Slash screaming into the microphone and Axl says "I like this" but he doesn't mean he likes to be kissed by Slash, lol :lol:

I want to believe in what i highlighted :lol: :rofl-lol: :lol:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That animated gif was made at my request :heart:

Id like one of the part where they leave in the cart, haha

ill come back reply the rest of interesting things after I'm done with something :P

New here so I dont know :facepalm: