GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

@Padme I also had no idea, and I've been here for ages! Thanks for explaining!

2 hours ago, Frey said:

This reminds me of an old thread I read somewhere once where people were discussing these weird interviews Beta gave to Brazilian magazines way back when and she made it sound like she was giving Axl good night kisses and all the things he missed out on as a child.

And the people there were totally creeped out by the idea of Beta tucking Axl into bed and giving him good night kisses, it was hilarious :rofl-lol:

53 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Now that's what I call a job!!! Where can I apply? :headbang:

I remember that interview! :lol: But iirc, she didn't actually say she was tucking him into bed and kissing him good night, she only said that he never had those things as a child. But those were some really crappy translations, so maybe it was different in the original Portuguese, who knows :P

She also said that as a Brazilian woman she is very into hugging and kissing people and that Axl couldn't really deal with that at first and that he was really awkward about receiving and giving affection. But she didn't let that stop her and with time he got used to all the hugging and kissing or something.

And yeah, I think I'd be good at that job as well! Move over, @Andy14, or share that job with me :P

Weird though that he'd be so unused to receiving affection. I mean I know it's not something he learned at home, but what about Erin, Steph? Or even guys like Duff? He tends to be a pretty affectionate and touchy-feely guy. Slash, Izzy, Steven? Other friends and family members? Beta can't really have been the first to be consistently physically affectionate with him :wacko:

--------------------------------------

Anyway, here's a cute little Axl story I came across:

Rose is just digging into his fries when a middle-aged woman approaches with her daughter, who looks to be about seven. The woman asks apologetically if he would mind autographing a menu.

Rose looks at the little girl. It's clear that she's terribly excited; she keeps tugging at the hem of her dress, and she's having trouble standing still. Finally, blushing profusely, she musters up her courage and gifts Rose with a blinding tin grin.

Rose is delighted. He smiles back at the girl, who now looks as if she's about to faint. "What's your name?" he asks.

"Erin," she says shyly.

For the briefest of instants, an expression of "This could only happen to me" flashes across Rose's face, but he recovers so quickly that the girl never notices it. "That's a real pretty name," he tells her.

So sweet :heart: And okay, I lied, this story is actually rather sad too, but Axl being good with children is always cute and it shows a more positive side of him after all the negativity recently.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

@Padme I also had no idea, and I've been here for ages! Thanks for explaining!

I remember that interview! :lol: But iirc, she didn't actually say she was tucking him into bed and kissing him good night, she only said that he never had those things as a child. But those were some really crappy translations, so maybe it was different in the original Portuguese, who knows :P

She also said that as a Brazilian woman she is very into hugging and kissing people and that Axl couldn't really deal with that at first and that he was really awkward about receiving and giving affection. But she didn't let that stop her and with time he got used to all the hugging and kissing or something.

And yeah, I think I'd be good at that job as well! Move over, @Andy14, or share that job with me :P

Weird though that he'd be so unused to receiving affection. I mean I know it's not something he learned at home, but what about Erin, Steph? Or even guys like Duff? He tends to be a pretty affectionate and touchy-feely guy. Slash, Izzy, Steven? Other friends and family members? Beta can't really have been the first to be consistently physically affectionate with him :wacko:

--------------------------------------

Anyway, here's a cute little Axl story I came across:

Rose is just digging into his fries when a middle-aged woman approaches with her daughter, who looks to be about seven. The woman asks apologetically if he would mind autographing a menu.

Rose looks at the little girl. It's clear that she's terribly excited; she keeps tugging at the hem of her dress, and she's having trouble standing still. Finally, blushing profusely, she musters up her courage and gifts Rose with a blinding tin grin.

Rose is delighted. He smiles back at the girl, who now looks as if she's about to faint. "What's your name?" he asks.

"Erin," she says shyly.

For the briefest of instants, an expression of "This could only happen to me" flashes across Rose's face, but he recovers so quickly that the girl never notices it. "That's a real pretty name," he tells her.

So sweet :heart: And okay, I lied, this story is actually rather sad too, but Axl being good with children is always cute and it shows a more positive side of him after all the negativity recently.

I know that story forgot where I read it

On 5/31/2016 at 8:47 PM, killuridols said:

Aww, now the topic jumped to Axl/Duff love :heart:

I've got some stuff about that!

Duff about meeting Axl for the first time

Duff and Axl challenge of voice sustain? :lol:

FF to 1:30. Duff offers some love and support to a sad Axl :cry:

Do you know what "show" this is from? The first one with Duff talking about meeting Axl. I'd love to check out the whole thing. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, annablue said:

Do you know what "show" this is from? The first one with Duff talking about meeting Axl. I'd love to check out the whole thing. Thanks!

It's not a show, it is Duff's movie or documentary called "It's so easy and other lies".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2493450/

Not sure you can check the whole thing online. I think it's been played in theaters but maybe there's a dvd out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

It's not a show, it is Duff's movie or documentary called "It's so easy and other lies".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2493450/

Not sure you can check the whole thing online. I think it's been played in theaters but maybe there's a dvd out there.

Thanks! I've read the book but didn't know he made a film about it. I will hunt it down.

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:unsure:

not sure if its going to happen with this post or not but we're one page away from hitting 100 pages of this thread.

damn aren't we highly fertile?

lol

no :unsure:

This is definitely the best thread.

100 pages....and we have only just begun talking :ph34r:

kRW9XJ.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DuffsPancreas said:

Almost 100 pages!!!

Lets celebrate with a ridiculous video I found!:awesomeface:

I'm so bored:no:

haha i saw that one last year I think. Very funny!

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

This is definitely the best thread.

100 pages....and we have only just begun talking :ph34r:

kRW9XJ.gif

lol

we may have to start giving money to the admins! this thread consumes so much server :P

-----

Andy... can you make me a gif to cheer me up? a gif at my request? :heart:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Of course! Do you have any special wish? :headbang::axl92:

:headbang:

lol its the same ol' shit. i don't know what happened before, i requested an animated gif of Axl rolling his eyes during China Exchange but I dont remember if someone made it for me and I lost it? :shrugs:

I wanted to make it myself but I have a problem: i dont want sir David Lang to appear in the gif and I don't know how to cut the frame. No free software does this, so Im damned.

I also want it to be HQ if possible, not grainy like some of them come out.

oh and it should go from minute 15:58 to 16.01 (that means with Axl laugh included, lol)

:P am I too much of a nuisance?

11 minutes ago, Barbarella said:

Hello girls (and any guys that go through here a few times). I don't write anything here but I follow the forum for a long time and I love this thread and your comments, Oh my god I laugh a lot with the acid humor here! In fact I'm writing just to say that you are my favorite commenters.  Congratulations for the page 100, girls!

woooh welcome Barbarella! :headbang:

you just inaugurated the 100th page!

Axl being a whore as usual.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:headbang:

lol its the same ol' shit. i don't know what happened before, i requested an animated gif of Axl rolling his eyes during China Exchange but I dont remember if someone made it for me and I lost it? :shrugs:

I wanted to make it myself but I have a problem: i dont want sir David Lang to appear in the gif and I don't know how to cut the frame. No free software does this, so Im damned.

I also want it to be HQ if possible, not grainy like some of them come out.

oh and it should go from minute 15:58 to 16.01 (that means with Axl laugh included, lol)

:P am I too much of a nuisance?

Well, I made it. But the quality isn't very good since I had to cut the China guy...

(I'd like to use emoji but Axl's face says it better lol)

gJW1Kk.gif

Here are another

xkWO5B.gif

68pL7R.gif

0RjvyL.gif

Hope it helps a bit :hug:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Well, I made it. But the quality isn't very good since I had to cut the China guy...

(I'd like to use emoji but Axl's face says it better lol)

gJW1Kk.gif

Here are another

xkWO5B.gif

68pL7R.gif

0RjvyL.gif

Hope it helps a bit :hug:

omg that last one! :drool::drool::drool:

thaaank you for the roll eyes one! hahahaa

you're amazing! :heart:

34 minutes ago, Barbarella said:

Hello girls (and any guys that go through here a few times). I don't write anything here but I follow the forum for a long time and I love this thread and your comments, Oh my god I laugh a lot with the acid humor here! In fact I'm writing just to say that you are my favorite commenters.  Congratulations for the page 100, girls!

Welcome! You're post was the first on the page 100. Cool :headbang:

Hope to see you post here more often. Once you start there's no way back :devilshades:

@Lumikki the videos are great :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You always come with the best stuff.

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

omg that last one! :drool::drool::drool:

The show is great...I like the wind in his hair :drool:

Z6Eqow.gif

• Like 1