09/09/16 - Detroit, MI - The Palace Of Auburn Hills

Powerage5

Discussion for AXL/DC concert in Detroit.

Setlist

1. Rock Or Bust
2. Shoot To Thrill
3. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
4. Back In Black
5. Got Some Rock N' Roll Thunder
6. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
7. Rock N' Roll Damnation
8. Thunderstruck
9. High Voltage
10. Rock N' Roll Train
11. Hells Bells
12. Given The Dog A Bone
13. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
14. Live Wire
15. Sin City
16. You Shook Me All Night Long
17. Shot Down In Flames
18. Have A Drink On Me
19. TNT
20. Whole Lotta Rosie
21. Let There Be Rock
---
22. Highway To Hell
23. Riff Raff
24. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Bought first row upper deck tix for this show...making the drive from Chicago to see Axl again. I wish the AC/DC Chicago show in Feb was postponed because Brian was terrible! 

I think Brian is a great guy and an amazing singer, but I think his hearing has effected his singing for a while.  One of the reasons I never made an effort in the modern era to see them live. After seeing all the YouTube vids from the europeon leg with Axl this year, I HAD to buy tix! Did so after the 1st show.  They were a little pricey but I was able to score 1st level in Philly on the 20th of September without breaking bank.  The tix have gone up since then I have noticed.  I have always been a fan of AC/DC especially the Bon Scott era, and hearing Axl singing these songs brought that back for me.  Have a great time in Detroit!

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'm still hoping they extend the tour and come close to my neck of the woods! *wishing on a star*

got very lucky one of the rescheduled shows just happened to be in Philly.  One of the reasons I felt I couldn't miss it... fate perhaps? ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

:(

Got my tickets with @Powerage5! Also taking ny gf and my friend. This will be his first rock show.

Psyched! Going to try and meet Axl after the show

Where are you going to try and meet him? Last time I was there his bus pulled right inside the venue and stayed there until he left.

8 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Where are you going to try and meet him? Last time I was there his bus pulled right inside the venue and stayed there until he left.

Oh shit. At the palace? I didnt know buses could drive in. Are you sure you arent thibking of ford field?

I was the chiropractor there (The Palace) a couple years ago. His bus drove right in, they cleared the area and he got out carrying Vanessa's dog. Bus stayed there for the entire show. Maybe it'll be different this time since Angus is perhaps the big draw on this one. 

8 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

I was the chiropractor there (The Palace) a couple years ago. His bus drove right in, they cleared the area and he got out carrying Vanessa's dog. Bus stayed there for the entire show. Maybe it'll be different this time since Angus is perhaps the big draw on this one. 

Damn, that sucks. I was going to check the Townshend out, but don't want to creep at a hotel. Figured the venue wouldn't be as bad