09/17/16 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

Powerage5

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I like that there are people on ACDC's forum that believe Axl's screams on Let There be Rock, and IYWB are fake bc his face relaxes before he finishes the scream...

if they ever saw a Guns N Roses show they would see Axl complete about 10 of those screams that hold more power and are at times longer. There's nothing fake about what he does 

I guess it's the same people who don't consider Axl a rock singer just because he plays the piano and say his stage presence and charisma is poor :facepalm:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I like that there are people on ACDC's forum that believe Axl's screams on Let There be Rock, and IYWB are fake bc his face relaxes before he finishes the scream...

if they ever saw a Guns N Roses show they would see Axl complete about 10 of those screams that hold more power and are at times longer. There's nothing fake about what he does 

:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I guess it's the same people who don't consider Axl a rock singer just because he plays the piano and say his stage presence and charisma is poor :facepalm:

As far as Axl's stage presence goes, it's always been different. Brian is constantly doing a fan sing along asking for everyone to get involved, which is great that's his thing and the fans love him. 

Axl is more into making the crowd come to him, his stage presence has always struck me as being dangerous in that he's embodying the words he's singing much more than most singers, his dancing, his screams, his stares are all part of the song itself. People gravitate to Axl because he brings a much more menacing presence. I think it makes the experience more captivating when you as the audience are drawn to the singer versus being asked to join in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

it was this video at 3:20 they felt, Axl's face shows that he isn't screaming anymore and yet the sound is still going...but that's called sustaining a note on a scream...which is highly difficult. 

Its only a select few that feel this way. Still shocking though. Most appreciate Axl now. 

It's fucking reverb you bunch of bellends. :facepalm:

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

it was this video at 3:20 they felt, Axl's face shows that he isn't screaming anymore and yet the sound is still going...but that's called sustaining a note on a scream...which is highly difficult. 

Its only a select few that feel this way. Still shocking though. Most appreciate Axl now. 

I hope I don't sound disrespectful to Brian Johnson because I am not trying to be but don't you think the sound person did all he could to make  Brian sound his best too? and all you have to do is Youtube search some of Brian's more recent performances that he had absolutely no power left in his voice and they were doing everything they could to "boost"  his voice without using backing tracks.  I can respect that... better to sound lousy than ingenuine. Axl's voice STILL has power much more for the engineer to work with.. he is singing LIVE and it is being processed through a soundboard , and I am sure that person is adding some echo effects but he is already holding these notes INSANELY long.  He has also had flubs on the lyrics here and there if he were singing to backup tracks that would be a disaster!  So I guess it's a compliment... no one can scream like that must be fake...lol be thankful because the talent has to be explained away via some strange ACDC conspiracy theory.

Edited by metalms

13 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

It's fucking reverb you bunch of bellends. :facepalm:

I had to google Bellends and now I am laughing only the british could have a somewhat elegant sounding word mean something like that ! :lol:

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

That's reverb and echo..tell those select to get the fuck outta here with this bullshit!