E3 - 2017

downzy

Starting a new thread for the upcoming E3 convention.  

Rampant speculation that both Sony and Microsoft will release new iterations of their current consoles:

http://www.cnet.com/news/new-xbox-one-2016-rumors/

http://www.cnet.com/news/new-ps4-what-we-know-about-sonys-rumored-ps4-5-playstation-upgrade-ps4k/

I'm kind of glad I've held off from buying a new console so far.  

Interesting Nintendo won't be releasing details about their new console.  Personally, I think it's a waste of time and they should focus their time on developing products for PC/Playstation/Xbox/iOS.  

What's everyone else looking forward to this year at E3?

I'm actually really looking forward to Watch Dogs 2. I liked the first one, thought it was just overhyped. The first Assassin's Creed fell very flat, it wasn't until the second game it really took off when it addressed all the issues, so I have quite high hopes for it. Otherwise, some surprises, Red Dead Redemption 2, more footage of Zelda and Horizon, and I'm happy enough. I just hope they don't use too much time bigging up the new hardware.

I don't own any current-gen consoles, so I might be tempted by a PS4K/Neo. I'll wait until October at the very least when PS VR and Rez Infinite are released.

Things I want to see:

-  Shenmue HD announcement

- Shenmue III update

- Mass Effect: Andromeda update

- Something new and original

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amir said:

- Mass Effect: Andromeda update

I feel like Mass Effect 3 completely killed any interest I had in the series. It's a shame, I loved the first two, Mass Effect 2 especially, but I'm just so indifferent towards this. I hope some gameplay can sway my opinion.

3 hours ago, Conor said:

I feel like Mass Effect 3 completely killed any interest I had in the series. It's a shame, I loved the first two, Mass Effect 2 especially, but I'm just so indifferent towards this. I hope some gameplay can sway my opinion.

I only completed the first one a few months ago and I'm currently playing the 2nd for the first time. I've held out on buying the 3rd but with Origin Access I can pay £4 for a month and play it along with a bunch of other EA games.

Half-Life 3 or nothing.

But seriously, hoping for some kind of Red Dead announcement. Also interested in seeing what Watch Dogs 2, the new Sonic 25th Anniversary game, ME: Andromeda, and Gears of War 4 bring to the table.

14 hours ago, slash23579 said:

Rockstar Games is on the official E3 2016 list. Holy fucking shit, this actually might be happening

https://twitter.com/E3/lists/e3-2016

I'm somewhat surprised by this, they normally like to just drop things in their own time and way. That said, I guess the GTA V: Remastered being announced during the Sony conference was a sign of things to come. I couldn't care less though, so hyped. They could drop a Red Dead Redemption Remaster, a sequel, and GTA Online: Liberty City. Or something completely new. Fucking Rockstar.

I'm less interested in games (exception of course going to Red Dead Redemption 2) and more interested in seeing the advancements in projects like Sony's VR set and Microsoft's Halo Lens.  I really don't have time to play video games anymore but I guess the 12 year old in me always hopes to be impressed with new emerging technology.

I think it's safe to assume that we'll see a new version of the Xbox One launched or announced.  Microsoft seems to be discounting the current model heavily while I see no similar efforts by Sony with the PS4.  I likely won't be buying a new machine until Christmas time regardless, but still hope to have something new to pick up when I finally get around to it.  The promise of an Xbox One that's 40 percent smaller with more memory at a lower price sounds very tempting.  I'll likely pick up a PS4 if and when their VR plans are finalized and it's being reported the technology works.   

7 hours ago, downzy said:

I think it's safe to assume that we'll see a new version of the Xbox One launched or announced.  Microsoft seems to be discounting the current model heavily while I see no similar efforts by Sony with the PS4.  I likely won't be buying a new machine until Christmas time regardless, but still hope to have something new to pick up when I finally get around to it.  The promise of an Xbox One that's 40 percent smaller with more memory at a lower price sounds very tempting.  I'll likely pick up a PS4 if and when their VR plans are finalized and it's being reported the technology works.   

Both Microsoft and Sony have been throwing discounts on back and forth, and the updated Playstation 4 was announced/leaked long before the new Xbox. If they can make it 40% smaller, then they've completely shafted everyone who bought an original Xbox One. VR is exciting, but I can't imagine sitting in my living room and booting up a VR game. It does nothing for me in that respect.

rumor is skyrim remaster with updated graphics, all dlc, and mods. kind of pointless for pc users though.

what i want

metro 2035(last light sequel...open world?)

red dead 3

battlefield 1 gameplay/information

new elder scrolls?(doubtful)

red dead redemption remaster/pc release?

elex information and gameplay

escape from tarkov???

anything shenmue

last one will probably never happen unfortunately, but i still hold out hope.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Conor said:

Both Microsoft and Sony have been throwing discounts on back and forth, and the updated Playstation 4 was announced/leaked long before the new Xbox. If they can make it 40% smaller, then they've completely shafted everyone who bought an original Xbox One. VR is exciting, but I can't imagine sitting in my living room and booting up a VR game. It does nothing for me in that respect.

I haven't seen much in the way of discounts from Sony in the last four or five months.  A basic 500gb PS4 bundle in Canada still runs $450-$500.  During the Christmas season much better bundles could be had for $100 less.  

The expected PS4 Neo is suppose to be an improvement in terms of performances over the current model.  That's different than what is expected from Microsoft (smaller, perhaps a little more memory).  There's not much of a need for Sony to blow through their current SKU if the model they intend to release is significantly more powerful since it gives consumers more options without undercutting the current model.  Microsoft can't very well sell the current model for the same price of a newer smaller unit.

I'm not sure if I agree that Microsoft is shafting early adopters.  Both the Xbox 360, PS2 and PS3 saw a variety of console iterations that made the consoles smaller.  It seems like a fairly standard procedure at this point.  

17 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Watch Dogs 2 looks pretty good actually.

The pedestrians look kinda awful though. If there isn't some sort of BS downgrade like WD, I could see myself playing this. 

I really liked the first one. They should've known the whole downgraded graphics thing would come back to bite them, but Watch Dogs were entirely the fall guys for that. Everyone was doing it, they just got caught out and now it's this big taboo, when it should've fuckin' been taboo long before. Similarly, CGI trailers are starting to go somewhat out of fashion I think. At least outside of announcements. 

Anyway, back to Watch Dogs, it certainly had some issues, like a dreadful story/character, but the gameplay was fresh and I had a good time throughout. If Ubisoft can address the issues for Watch Dogs 2, like they did for Assassin's Creed II, then it should be another good game. It's very much one of those games that it's cool to hate at the minute, with the majority of the hate coming from people who never played it. 

Awesome new Zelda artwork: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/694647-new-legend-of-zelda-artwork-revealed#/slide/1

Since we can expect a lot of details regarding the game in a few days at E3, Id like to take a moment to reflect on the various rumors that have surfaced for it up to this point (in case any of them turn out to be true):

-Theme of technology vs fantasy (unused concept dating as far back as the original game).

-Female player option.

-Full dialouge voice acting for everyone except Link.

-No more green tunic or pointy hat.

-Only 4 main dungeons but 100+ mini dungeons that can be explored in any order (so basically the original game but on steroids).

-Rotational seasons throughout the entire over world.

-Vertical rock climbing for mountains.

-New timeline branching directly off of Skyward Sword where there is no official Hyrule settlement, Ganondorf is good, and Link is raised by the Gerudo. 

-The Sheikiah clan play a big role in this story and the mcguffin is a magic stone tablet they created that slows down time.

(I hope most of these rumors turn out to be true!)

Edited by rocknroll41

Only thing I'm really hyped about after today is the remastered Skyrim, and the new Fallout 4 content (because I bought the season pass)

Hoping there's some hype trailers tomorrow out of Microsoft and Sony

8 hours ago, Gackt said:

Only thing I'm really hyped about after today is the remastered Skyrim, and the new Fallout 4 content (because I bought the season pass)

Hoping there's some hype trailers tomorrow out of Microsoft and Sony

I really liked the original Prey, and I thought that was a cool trailer. Dishonoured 2 looks good as well, but I'd like to play through the first one before really knowing whether or not I'm interested. We've still the two big ones to go. I'm not sure I can drop another 100 hours into Skyrim, but that's a great jump!