Bon Scott

night prowler

12.05.87 - Houston, TX
GnR opens for Alice Cooper
Axl was late to the venue and some security guards wouldn't let him in! The band jammed for 15 minutes before Axl made it to the stage!
:lol:

Source: http://www.gnrontour.com/

It's in Slash's book, too (I think Slash says that Axl didn't manage to get in at all)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2016 at 3:11 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Really? I see Bon as a down-to-earth jeans-wearing beer-slugging self-deprecating Aussie 'lad'. I do not see anything that he has in common with a prima donna like Axl beyond their obvious rock n' roll (AC/DC) abilities! 

there will never be another Bon...he seemed the type i'd love to have a pint or two with at the pub. he'd probably tell dirty jokes with that awesome smile he had :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

he was a great frontman and he seems to be good with the fans too, its sucks that he didn't survive to keep rockin in his older years   (btw i think he write all or at least  some songs of the back in black album :max:)

he was voted best frontman out of the top 100 of all time by Classic Rock Magazine...'nuff said :)

• Like 2

On 6/5/2016 at 8:11 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Really? I see Bon as a down-to-earth jeans-wearing beer-slugging self-deprecating Aussie 'lad'. I do not see anything that he has in common with a prima donna like Axl beyond their obvious rock n' roll (AC/DC) abilities! 

Well, despite being Scottish...yes.

I watched a thing where they talked to his wife and she said she found the portrayal of him as this wild, drunken animal kind of hurtful and disrespectful of who he really was.

Obviously the bloke liked to drink, but she said that he'd do the washing up, have her parents over for tea and all that normal stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shocker said:

Bon was an outstanding singer and frontman. His lyrics was also amazing.

Just like Brian he was very down to earth with a great sense of houmor.

I have no clue what AC/DC would be like today if they didn`t met Bon in the beginning.

great post and welcome shocker :)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so in posting my favorite AXL/DC song i was on YouTube and it had the same version by Bon Scott. listening to his version right after Axl's i still give the edge to Bon but boy Axl is very close! this is Bon's Hell Ain't A Bad to Be :wub:

Yeah, I agree man. AXL is next level talented. He sounds amazing. I love AC/DC and I've seen them live countless times, but man, I wish I could've seen AXL/DC last year. I'm really happy that some people got to experience it, though. I hope they throw a blu-Ray our way sometime soon. 

Just now, Joeypeeps said:

Yeah, I agree man. AXL is next level talented. He sounds amazing. I love AC/DC and I've seen them live countless times, but man, I wish I could've seen AXL/DC last year. I'm really happy that some people got to experience it, though. I hope they throw a blu-Ray our way sometime soon. 

or a concert :) i still have hope :P

I've talked to someone who had been in a band called The Executives (he wound up working with American country singers later on) that toured with the Valentines and had good stories, but nothing wild - well there was a fair amount of drinking, drugs, women and all that, but it was more about having good times in bands in the 60s playing around Australia and New Zealand. 

I wish AC/DC revamped Bonfire, the potential for what could have been.... 

Get rid of Back in Black and just put the CD/DVD of Let There Be Rock in its place. 

Keep Live From The Atlantic Studios (which runs about 35-40 minutes) and maybe add on another show or interviews to it. 

Expand Volts into a 2-3 CD set and put more stuff on there no one's heard or been in bootleg circles.  

Make High Voltage, TNT, Dirty Deeds, Let There Be Rock, & Powerage Deluxe Editions so people can have the Australian version and the "worldwide" version as well as padding it with a bunch of outtakes and live shows. Highway to Hell probably had a bunch of alternate versions with Mutt Lange producing it, so having that and maybe a live show from the tour would be awesome. I was happy with Backtracks, but am still hoping they just do a deluxe reissue. 

There's probably a lot of stuff that didn't fit on the Plug Me In DVD that could be a bonus live and TV appearance DVD for Bonfire. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...