Izzy Stradlin - Walkin' Song

auad

Anybody else get the feeling that Izzy only created a Twitter account and is now promoting this new music because he feels he can capitalize (make more money) off of the GNR threunion? I know he's always made music, but the timing of the Twitter account... I don't know. Seems pretty odd to me.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Anybody else get the feeling that Izzy only created a Twitter account and is now promoting this new music because he feels he can capitalize (make more money) off of the GNR threunion? I know he's always made music, but the timing of the Twitter account... I don't know. Seems pretty odd to me.

Yes. I totally think this too. And that makes me dislike him pretty much.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Why? It's a money hungry world we live in. People do what they can to make some more. It's just the way things are.

Just now, john lennon said:

Why? It's a money hungry world we live in. People do what they can to make some more. It's just the way things are.

I know but he always posed it like "I'm so hippy I don't need this bloated band, bloated tours, bloated videos, I'm gone to be an indie artist" whatever bullshit he was selling for the last 2 decades.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know but he always posed it like "I'm so hippy I don't need this bloated band, bloated tours, bloated videos, I'm gone to be an indie artist" whatever bullshit he was selling for the last 2 decades.

Ah yeah that's true perhaps?? Idk guess I just don't really give a shit

I don't know the guy, he can do whatever he wants to, sorta, you know? 

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

exactly, those were his exact words!

and thats exactly what izzy meant!

you got it so right!

:rofl-lol:

Whatever. I don't care. :rolleyes:

I just heard his new song and it's just another vomit. So yeah, he will need to jump in the reunion bandwagon in order to sell that crap.

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

53 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Izzy 'promoting music' to 'capitalize (make more money) off of the GN'R reunion''? What absurdity is this?

This is a man who walked away from the biggest band in the world, on the cusp of their economic success, only to release eleven solo albums with next to no promotion, little to no touring and few music videos (there were two for the first). Izzy began putting out solo albums solely online before just about everybody else, when he surely could have still been releasing stuff via the record companies!! This is a man who does not care about album sales.

If you are discussing the amount of copies extra Stradlin will benefit from this hybrid charade, you are going to be in double digits.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Izzy 'promoting music' to 'capitalize (make more money) off of the GN'R reunion''? What absurdity is this?

This is a man who walked away from the biggest band in the world, on the cusp of their economic success, only to release eleven solo albums with next to no promotion, little to no touring and few music videos (there were two for the first). Izzy began putting out solo albums solely online before just about everybody else, when he surely could have still been releasing stuff via the record companies!! This is a man who does not care about album sales.

If you are discussing the amount of copies extra Stradlin will benefit from this hybrid charade, you are going to be in double digits.

bloomberg TV is saying right now (i am watching it live, its really exciting) that izzy stradlin "walking song" single will achieve huge sales due to "the master strike" of creating a twitter account in perfect timing with the threeunion tour. the woman (the TV presenter, a hot redhead, i dont know her name) is actually saying that "if every record company was so savvy as this man (izzy stradlin), there would be no crisis at all in the music business".

also i just watched a few hours ago on the "Arts Channel" that izzy stradlin artwork for the single is receiving unprecedented praise on the art circuit in new york, paris and some other city i cant remember (london i guess)   

19 minutes ago, downliner said:

Izzy releasing yet another free song for his fans - and that makes the guys a money whore? :lol:

In 2016 Izzy has released THREE songs for FREE direct to his fans. The threeunion on the other hand is the complete opposite - are tickets still $200 each? :facepalm:

No reason at all for fans to dislike Izzy just because he finally signed up for Twitter. Didn't he say the only reason he signed up was because their was a lack of information coming from GNR about who was in the lineup, and at the time Alan Niven and a few others were running their mouths saying that Izzy would definitely be making guest appearances with them when it simply wasn't true.

Not a money whore but the timing is suspicious. He never did this before so I guess he's looking for something. Good for him, I don't know. He sounded pretty pissed off for not being part of the reunion.

The threeunion has to put on a whole fucking show, pay a lot of people to have this happening. Izzy never does 1/4 of what GNR do but oh yeah, he wants the benefits of it. Not to mention he gets the royalties from albums that are being promoted by the hard work of the threeunion.

If he signed up on Twitter to clarify that then his job has been over for quite some months. Now he's riding on something else.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

....and meanwhile Axl has sold Budweiser, become a Vegas wash-out and played private birthday bashes; Slash has played with just about everybody from Puff Daddy to the Black Eyed Peas, appearing at the Superbowl in a glittery top-hat. Izzy's little rock n' roll albums, released with minimum fanfare on indies or online, are clearly cash grabbing of the highest order compared with those two stalwarts of garage rock ethics.

What's Izzy biggest income? Does Izzy live a cool life because of his indie little rock n roll albums or is it thanks to the music he did with Guns N Roses?

Who keeps the Guns N Roses brand alive? Izzy Stradlin?

lmao :lol:

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What's Izzy biggest income? Does Izzy live a cool life because of his indie little rock n roll albums or is it thanks to the music he did with Guns N Roses?

You got it backwards. It's the music they made when Izzy was with them that enables them to do what they're doing wit the 'brand'.

Take that stuff out of the set and you're left with shit like 'Better' and a bunch of fucking covers. That's not gonna sell a lot of VIP packages. :lol:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, auad said:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not a money whore but the timing is suspicious. He never did this before so I guess he's looking for something. Good for him, I don't know. He sounded pretty pissed off for not being part of the reunion.

The threeunion has to put on a whole fucking show, pay a lot of people to have this happening. Izzy never does 1/4 of what GNR do but oh yeah, he wants the benefits of it. Not to mention he gets the royalties from albums that are being promoted by the hard work of the threeunion.

If he signed up on Twitter to clarify that then his job has been over for quite some months. Now he's riding on something else.

wow, you are so ON POINT!

the timing is absolutely suspicious!

izzy never did this before! no one has done such a snake move before! izzy is actually the first musician to create a twitter account! what a cold-hearted mercenary!

actually if izzy had any decency left in his mercenary-money-driven-heart he would wait two years until the hard working promotion threeunion worldwide tour is over to release this vomit-song!

yeah, i know where you coming from when you said that he is "pretty pissed off for not taking part on the reunion". only a fool wouldnt notice that!

remember that MTV interview a few weeks ago? when all he did was badmouth axl and the boys? what was that? 30 fuckin minutes badmouthing the hardest working band in rock n roll!

and what about his pathetic appearance on letterman yesterday when all he could do was complain that he was not included in the threeunion? he even went to say about all the money he was to lose etc etc! what a pathetic money-driven lazy-poser vomit-song maker!

===

oh, and one more thing! i have to say how correct you are when you say that axl and the boys are working so hard to promote an album that was released in 1987. the boys are really promoting these albums! some naysayers love to say that its a nostalgia act and that axl is milking appetite to the last drop but thats so untrue! he is hard working promoting this album!

remember back in the 80s and 90s? when internet was still working and there were no album sales because nobody bought albums so all the money was made in the live shows which had very expensive ticket prices? where was Izzy? Izzy was there on the shows, making so much money right? thats SO SUSPICIOUS!

now, in the new millenium, when there is no internet and the album sales have exploded (last time I heard appetite sold 20 million copies on the last 4 years) and the live shows make next to no money with really low ticket prices, now where is Izzy? huh? Izzy left the band and axl and the boys have to do all the extremely hard work on the live shows to promote this 1987 album making almost no money on the shows and izzy receives all these million dollars from royalties. thats SO SUSPICIOUS!

i wonder why you dont post more often on Izzy-related threads... You really figured out Izzys low money-making tactics and you completely exposed the guy! thanks so much for that and please give us new info on Izzy when you have it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, auad said:

New Song of Izzy.

Sounds very good!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0jlvdcyQGVSMYLznzch3pT

trying to figure out the lyrics for the vomit-mercenary-song :rofl-lol:

can you guys help?

thanks!

:headbang:

WALK'N SONG

Yes I am walking down the street

Yeah I am walking down the street

Walking past the concrete wall

I hear (...) barking out (?)

I keep walking down the street

Got no place I need to be

Sky is blue, the trees are green

So I keep walking down the street

Walking past (...)

(...)

Yeah I am walking down the street

Future's just a mistery

(...) is just your history

(...) keep on walking (...) 

Yes I am good today

Tomorrow's better if you find a (your?) way

Yes I am good today

Tomorrow's better if you find a (your?) way

Yes I am good today

Tomorrow's better if you find your way

Yes I am good today

Tomorrow's better when you find your way

Edited by ludurigan

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You are basically proving my own point here. Yes, Stradlin's solo albums don't sell; the first two sold alrightish; the rest went out on Indies, in Japan, online or free. He doesn't promote them and in all honestly gives off the impression that he does not give two shits about their sales figures.

And you are correct. Izzy's biggest income springs from the massive songwriting contributions he made to Guns N' Roses. He was awarded the same contractual situation as the other four songwriters but happened to write more songs than Slash and Duff. It is fair he should be adequately compensated whenever GN'R (whatever mutation they are at that present moment!) decide to use his songs - 'Patience' or 'Think About You' for instance. 

Maybe you are too used to Axl with his little white shorts and Slosh soling on a cliff-top, drawing in cheesy pop girls.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

You got it backwards. It's the music they made when Izzy was with them that enables them to do what they're doing wit the 'brand'.

Take that stuff out of the set and you're left with shit like 'Better' and a bunch of fucking covers. That's not gonna sell a lot of VIP packages. :lol:

Oh yeah. Izzy wrote it all. The lead guitars, the bass lines and the amazing lyrics. Did the drums too (during breaks). He even sang all the songs. Axl's incredible range is a big ass fiasco. It's actually Izzy's voice. They just put Axl up there because of his beautiful baby face, to attract the girls, but the real talent behind it is Mr. Izzy Stradlin.

It's a ONE MAN band. The orchestra man. Jeffrey Dean Isbell. The myth, the legend, the icon.

:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

wow, you are so ON POINT!

the timing is absolutely suspicious!

izzy never did this before! no one has done such a snake move before! izzy is actually the first musician to create a twitter account! what a cold-hearted mercenary!

actually if izzy had any decency left in his mercenary-money-driven-heart he would wait two years until the hard working promotion threeunion worldwide tour is over to release this vomit-song!

yeah, i know where you coming from when you said that he is "pretty pissed off for not taking part on the reunion". only a fool wouldnt notice that!

remember that MTV interview a few weeks ago? when all he did was badmouth axl and the boys? what was that? 30 fuckin minutes badmouthing the hardest working band in rock n roll!

and what about his pathetic appearance on letterman yesterday when all he could do was complain that he was not included in the threeunion? he even went to say about all the money he was to lose etc etc! what a pathetic money-driven lazy-poser vomit-song maker!

===

oh, and one more thing! i have to say how correct you are when you say that axl and the boys are working so hard to promote an album that was released in 1987. the boys are really promoting these albums! some naysayers love to say that its a nostalgia act and that axl is milking appetite to the last drop but thats so untrue! he is hard working promoting this album!

remember back in the 80s and 90s? when internet was still working and there were no album sales because nobody bought albums so all the money was made in the live shows which had very expensive ticket prices? where was Izzy? Izzy was there on the shows, making so much money right? thats SO SUSPICIOUS!

now, in the new millenium, when there is no internet and the album sales have exploded (last time I heard appetite sold 20 million copies on the last 4 years) and the live shows make next to no money with really low ticket prices, now where is Izzy? huh? Izzy left the band and axl and the boys have to do all the extremely hard work on the live shows to promote this 1987 album making almost no money on the shows and izzy receives all these million dollars from royalties. thats SO SUSPICIOUS!

i wonder why you dont post more often on Izzy-related threads... You really figured out Izzys low money-making tactics and you completely exposed the guy! thanks so much for that and please give us new info on Izzy when you have it!

:popcorn:

Is that pot or coke? I'd like to try but looks and sounds too  :wow: for my... taste.