Izzy Stradlin - Walkin' Song

auad

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are basically proving my own point here. Yes, Stradlin's solo albums don't sell; the first two sold alrightish; the rest went out on Indies, in Japan, online or free. He doesn't promote them and in all honestly gives off the impression that he does not give two shits about their sales figures.

And you are correct. Izzy's biggest income springs from the massive songwriting contributions he made to Guns N' Roses. He was awarded the same contractual situation as the other four songwriters but happened to write more songs than Slash and Duff. It is fair he should be adequately compensated whenever GN'R (whatever mutation they are at that present moment!) decide to use his songs - 'Patience' or 'Think About You' for instance. 

Maybe you are too used to Axl with his little white shorts and Slosh soling on a cliff-top, drawing in cheesy pop girls.

You never had any point :shrugs:

You went berserk just because someone is "accusing" Izzy of wanting to make more money or capitalize the reunion, but you people keep contradicting yourselves. On one hand, you applaud him for being low profile, making albums that don't sell massively or not playing shows at all. On the other hand, when someone says or notices he's trying to make some money, you all jump like "why can't he make money just like the rest of the sellout members, reunion cash grabbing tour fuckheads?".

My point is pretty similar to yours, though. The only reason why Izzy Stradlin can lead a hippy life (with health insurance, a roof on his head and food on a plate on a daily basis) is because of the music he did with Guns N' Roses but if the Guns N Roses band would have not toured in 1991, 1992 and 1993, I'm not sure they would have become such a big successful band and I'm not sure Mr. Izzy Stradlin would be enjoying the honey from the pot in this time and day. Because he left that band but the rest of the guys worked their ass off to complete the tour, even when they were all at the point of destruction.

The albums keep selling and Izzy keeps benefitting from that. It's his work, yeah, no one denies his collaborations. But there are other people who keep the engine working. Not exactly Mr. Stradlin. He moves no fucking finger but he keeps getting the money. 

Call it cash grab tour or whatever, they are going to get on that stage and sweat it. Maybe Stradlin feels like he has to sweat a bit for all of this too and joins them for a couple of shows. We'll see how many of you keep talking about cash grab shows when holy Izzy goes grabbing his piece of the cake.

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh yeah. Izzy wrote it all. The lead guitars, the bass lines and the amazing lyrics. Did the drums too (during breaks). He even sang all the songs. Axl's incredible range is a big ass fiasco. It's actually Izzy's voice. They just put Axl up there because of his beautiful baby face, to attract the girls, but the real talent behind it is Mr. Izzy Stradlin.

It's a ONE MAN band. The orchestra man. Jeffrey Dean Isbell. The myth, the legend, the icon.

Let's not twist words. @bigpoop is correct when he says it is because of the songs which Izzy helped write that GNR are still a household name. That's not to take anything away from Axl, Slash, Duff or Steven either - they were all a required ingredient.

For those of you annoyed by Izzys presence on Twitter, can I ask what it is exactly that annoys you? I get the feeling that some fans are scared that any mention of Izzy may be enough to derail the GNR Reunion Train? :shrugs: Izzy hasn't said a single negative word against Guns, all he's done is release music, and yet that seems to be pissing a few folk off which I don't understand.

Izzy was a co-founding member, the original rhythm guitarist, and one of the principle songwriters of all those songs we all love so much. Even if you think the timing is suspicious, why is Izzy joining Twitter and releasing free music worthy of any negativity? GNR fans should be in their element right now as it gives them free shit to listen to from an OG, whilst waiting for the Detroit show to come..... no?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

We'll see how many of you keep talking about cash grab shows when holy Izzy goes grabbing his piece of the cake.

Not ashamed to admit you won't hear a single complaint from me :lol: I do like the title "Holy Izzy", hope that one sticks the same way "big three" and "threeunion" did :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, killuridols said:
11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

if the Guns N Roses band would have not toured in 1991, 1992 and 1993, I'm not sure they would have become such a big successful band

:rofl-lol:

you so right!

appetite was a massive failure!

please keep giving us accurate info on izzy and GNR!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You never had any point :shrugs:

You went berserk just because someone is "accusing" Izzy of wanting to make more money or capitalize the reunion, but you people keep contradicting yourselves. On one hand, you applaud him for being low profile, making albums that don't sell massively or not playing shows at all. On the other hand, when someone says or notices he's trying to make some money, you all jump like "why can't he make money just like the rest of the sellout members, reunion cash grabbing tour fuckheads?".

My point is pretty similar to yours, though. The only reason why Izzy Stradlin can lead a hippy life (with health insurance, a roof on his head and food on a plate on a daily basis) is because of the music he did with Guns N' Roses but if the Guns N Roses band would have not toured in 1991, 1992 and 1993, I'm not sure they would have become such a big successful band and I'm not sure Mr. Izzy Stradlin would be enjoying the honey from the pot in this time and day. Because he left that band but the rest of the guys worked their ass off to complete the tour, even when they were all at the point of destruction.

The albums keep selling and Izzy keeps benefitting from that. It's his work, yeah, no one denies his collaborations. But there are other people who keep the engine working. Not exactly Mr. Stradlin. He moves no fucking finger but he keeps getting the money. 

Call it cash grab tour or whatever, they are going to get on that stage and sweat it. Maybe Stradlin feels like he has to sweat a bit for all of this too and joins them for a couple of shows. We'll see how many of you keep talking about cash grab shows when holy Izzy goes grabbing his piece of the cake.

I'm not actually ''applauding him for being low profile''. I'm merely saying ''he is low profile'' - as a simple statement of fact (I personally would prefer him to tour more infact). You accused him of leeching off of Frankenstein N' Roses. The publishing royalties, once he severed his ties with the band, required no greater degree of publicity to boost their income; they would have went to Izzy whether he chose to collaborate in the mid '90s with Britney Spear or hid under a rock for the rest of his life in the Gobi. 

Nobody is denying that there are two great stages here, Izzy in the world's biggest band and Izzy as an indie solo artist. There is a world of difference. Your point however was that Izzy was utilising Frankenstein N' Roses to further a solo career which he has never desired to be furthered in the past. This is absurd! 

If Izzy decides to cash grab with Guns, then it is his band to do so. I would have my interest certainly piqued - I was lucky enough to see his guest appearance with Guns in 2006.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, downliner said:

Izzy did do this before, over and over again. He's just using a different platform this time around.

He's done the CD-direct-to-fan route, he's given fans free songs and samples many times, pretty much the only interviews he's done in the last 15 years have been with Izzy fansites, he released Baby Rann for free on Youtube even though their was no album or tour to whore out etc. The guy still doesn't have a record label, or management, or even a website. Its not, as you put it "bullshit he's been selling for the last 2 decades"..... it's just Izzy, he releases music regularly with minimal fanfare and that's why a lot of us love the guy.

FYI I'm not a GNR 2016 hater. I went to Vegas from the UK, but I'm always going to fight Izzys corner because his songwriting appeals to me far more than anyone else in Guns. He writes very catchy 3 minute rock songs about everyday shit which I can relate too.

That platform happens to be pretty popular though, not like his previous platforms. A platform used by tons of artists, of all calibers, and tons of people. There's nothing cheaper yet so effective as Twitter to promote a business, a product, anything commercial.

It's okay if you like Izzy more than the rest of GNR members. I don't. I hardly like his songs and I don't relate to them at all. That doesn't mean anything, though. It's just a matter of taste.

I don't know what you are defending him for. If you like his solo career, that's fine. I'm not attacking him for his solo career. I don't care what he does with his music. All I said is that it looked to me like he's trying to capitalize on the GNR reunion to promote his music, which I find it shitty because he left GNR, didn't want to get involved with anything to do with the band, he stepped out when problems arised. But it looks like he wants to step back in when the weather is fair. I just don't like that and I will point it out if necessary. I care for GNR much more than Izzy Stradlin solo music.

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yes, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Izzy should stop receiving royalties from appetite and lies and illusions!

after all, he only helped to write and record and tour those albums!

anyone could do this shit! 

thats fucking easy!

Now when it comes HARD WORKING TIME, you know, where is Izzy? 

Huh?

Who is doing the sweat and keeping THE BRAND alive?

its the hard working musicians!

bumbledude, chickenhead, tommy replacement, paul small, robin nails, brains-head, frank fills, dizzy bongas, blue melissa and richard muscles!

and of course axl "i want to bury appetite" rose!

Where the fuck is holy-Izzy when axl and the hired-boys are doing all the hard working?

you know what?

this is disgusting!

We should do a petition for all the izzy royalties go to axl and the hired boys!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, downliner said:

For those of you annoyed by Izzys presence on Twitter, can I ask what it is exactly that annoys you?

It's called being passive-aggressive. Not saying that is what he is deliberately doing, as I don't follow him closely, and frankly don't care, but it could certainly be viewed  that way..the reunion happens, he's not part of it, so he's determined not to be lost in the ether, and calls attention to his presence and own music in another way. constantly. Everyone on both sides of this particular discussion has some valid points.  

10 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

yes, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Izzy should stop receiving royalties from appetite and lies and illusions!

after all, he only helped to write and record and tour those albums!

anyone could do this shit! 

thats fucking easy!

Now when it comes HARD WORKING TIME, you know, where is Izzy? 

Huh?

Who is doing the sweat and keeping THE BRAND alive?

its the hard working musicians!

bumbledude, chickenhead, tommy replacement, paul small, robin nails, brains-head, frank fills, dizzy bongas, blue melissa and richard muscles!

and of course axl "i want to bury appetite" rose!

Where the fuck is holy-Izzy when axl and the hired-boys are doing all the hard working?

you know what?

this is disgusting!

We should do a petition for all the izzy royalties go to axl and the hired boys!

Dude, just stop.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That platform happens to be pretty popular though, not like his previous platforms.

exactly! its so obvious, isnt it?

izzy chose to use a "platform used by tons of artists, of all calibers, and tons of people"!

how sneaky is that? how suspicious is that?

you know what! izzy shouldnt be allowed on twitter! he should be banned! why would a vomit-song maker be allowed to use twitter for such money making reasons?

can someone explain this to me?

ITS SO SUSPICIOUS! 

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

I CANT! I am finally discovering the REAL TRUTH about izzy the mercenary-vomit-song-maker! I love hearing it specially from people who dont follow him closely!

At least I was being respectful, which is more than I can say for you. But whatever...go find yourself some more exclamation points and have at it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, downliner said:

Let's not twist words. @bigpoop is correct when he says it is because of the songs which Izzy helped write that GNR are still a household name. That's not to take anything away from Axl, Slash, Duff or Steven either - they were all a required ingredient.

For those of you annoyed by Izzys presence on Twitter, can I ask what it is exactly that annoys you? I get the feeling that some fans are scared that any mention of Izzy may be enough to derail the GNR Reunion Train? :shrugs: Izzy hasn't said a single negative word against Guns, all he's done is release music, and yet that seems to be pissing a few folk off which I don't understand.

Izzy was a co-founding member, the original rhythm guitarist, and one of the principle songwriters of all those songs we all love so much. Even if you think the timing is suspicious, why is Izzy joining Twitter and releasing free music worthy of any negativity? GNR fans should be in their element right now as it gives them free shit to listen to from an OG, whilst waiting for the Detroit show to come..... no?

He made it sound like it was all Izzy talent and the rest are just idiots with no significant contribution.

Nah, no one cares about Izzy, really, only die-hards like you and a few others. Most people going to the reunion shows don't give a fuck about Izzy. They don't even know who he is. Sad but true :shrugs:

Personally, I said what I said because that's what I think but that's about it. I don't lose sleep over his Twitter account at all. He can release 100 free songs and it doesn't mean one thing to me because I want a GNR album or any other album that contains Axl's voice. 

Listening to his stuff doesn't fill the void or the need for GNR new music. At least, not for me. Maybe for others, it does.

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

you so right!

appetite was a massive failure!

please keep giving us accurate info on izzy and GNR!

AFD wasn't instant success. I see you still haven't done your homework, haven't read enough books, interviews and haven't seen enough documentaries on Guns N' Roses history.

Its pretty sad you don't know the basics of this band. 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not actually ''applauding him for being low profile''. I'm merely saying ''he is low profile'' - as a simple statement of fact (I personally would prefer him to tour more infact). You accused him of leeching off of Frankenstein N' Roses. The publishing royalties, once he severed his ties with the band, required no greater degree of publicity to boost their income; they would have went to Izzy whether he chose to collaborate in the mid '90s with Britney Spear or hid under a rock for the rest of his life in the Gobi. 

Nobody is denying that there are two great stages here, Izzy in the world's biggest band and Izzy as an indie solo artist. There is a world of difference. Your point however was that Izzy was utilising Frankenstein N' Roses to further a solo career which he has never desired to be furthered in the past. This is absurd! 

If Izzy decides to cash grab with Guns, then it is his band to do so. I would have my interest certainly piqued - I was lucky enough to see his guest appearance with Guns in 2006.

For every GNR album sold, where Izzy Stradlin penned stuff, he gets his piece. Of course, massive sales of said albums happened a long time ago, but they still cash in $$$ and that may depend a lot on what's the current state of GNR. Izzy will always benefit from whatever Guns N Roses is doing because all of it is promotion and it helps the overall sales.

How do you know he's not trying to "further" his career now? Who cares what he did in the past? People change, the man is alive, maybe he wants to move a little from the whole hippy statement. Maybe he wants a little more sales. Why not? After all he's an artist who lives off of music. Absurd is your rigid way of thinking :shrugs:

15 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

At least I was being respectful, which is more than I can say for you. But whatever...go find yourself some more exclamation points and have at it.

of course you were being respectful.

telling (ordering) someone to stop like you did is really, really respectful.

coming here and saying izzy is a mercenary money-driven vomit-song maker on a thread that should be about discussing his music is also really respectful.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Personally, I said what I said because that's what I think but that's about it. I don't lose sleep over his Twitter account at all. He can release 100 free songs and it doesn't mean one thing to me because I want a GNR album or any other album that contains Axl's voice.  [...]

Listening to his stuff doesn't fill the void or the need for GNR new music. At least, not for me. Maybe for others, it does.

I can dig that, I'd love to hear a new album with Axls vocals too, whether it's released under the GNR name or as a solo album Id be buying it :headbang:

Izzys releases definitely filled the void for me, I guess thats where we differ :) I was always drawn to Axls vocals and Izzys songwriting primarily, so Izzy releasing an album every year made the wait for Chinese a lot easier. Think I was one of the few who didn't care for Velvet Revolver because I lost interest quickly because Axl and Izzy weren't involved. Listened to Contraband once, didn't buy Libertad, and Im yet to hear any of Slashs solo albums outside of Snakepit :shrugs:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

AFD wasn't instant success. I see you still haven't done your homework, haven't read enough books, interviews and haven't seen enough documentaries on Guns N' Roses history.

Its pretty sad you don't know the basics of this band. 

its pretty sad indeed!

But NOW i have learned that appetite only became a massive success after money-driven izzy left the band!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For every GNR album sold, where Izzy Stradlin penned stuff, he gets his piece. Of course, massive sales of said albums happened a long time ago, but they still cash in $$$ and that may depend a lot on what's the current state of GNR. Izzy will always benefit from whatever Guns N Roses is doing because all of it is promotion and it helps the overall sales.

You can say exactly the same for Slash and Duff prior to the Frankenstein. Made in Stoke? That had a few gnr somgs. What is your point? Are you expecting Stradlin to hand over his publishing of Patience over to the Frankenstein just because he is not involved in it?

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How do you know he's not trying to "further" his career now? Who cares what he did in the past? People change, the man is alive, maybe he wants to move a little from the whole hippy statement. Maybe he wants a little more sales. Why not? After all he's an artist who lives off of music. Absurd is your rigid way of thinking :shrugs:

Well it would be a drastic change from twenty-five years of thinking. The arsehole of the record industry has fallen out anyhow. As I conceded: the amount of sales Izzy could benefit is in double digits.

To believe Izzy could sell records off of the back of a hybrid is to believe Izzy could sell records in the first place!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, downliner said:

I can dig that, I'd love to hear a new album with Axls vocals too, whether it's released under the GNR name or as a solo album Id be buying it :headbang:

Izzys releases definitely filled the void for me, I guess thats where we differ :) I was always drawn to Axls vocals and Izzys songwriting primarily, so Izzy releasing an album every year made the wait for Chinese a lot easier. Think I was one of the few who didn't care for Velvet Revolver because I lost interest quickly because Axl and Izzy weren't involved. Listened to Contraband once, didn't buy Libertad, and Im yet to hear any of Slashs solo albums outside of Snakepit :shrugs:

Cool. At least the both of us are waiting for the same thing :P

I didn't get hook up on VR either. Never liked Scott Weiland. I didn't buy their albums, just a couple songs from each album, listened to the rest on Spotify and that was it.

Same with Slash and Duff solo stuff. Listened to them on Spotify but didn't get convinced enough to buy them.

The wait for CD was filled with other artists or the leaks, haha. Now I'm passing time with AXL/DC and I'm so happy because it's all new to me! :lol:

well i like the part at @ 2:44, however like most solo Izzy songs, its rather forgettable. (not Dust N' Bones or 14 Years unfortunately)

who cares if Izzy is using the reunion to get attention? i certainly don't....atleast he releases music  

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You can say exactly the same for Slash and Duff prior to the Frankenstein. Made in Stoke? That had a few gnr somgs. What is your point? Are you expecting Stradlin to hand over his publishing of Patience over to the Frankenstein just because he is not involved in it?

Well it would be a drastic change from twenty-five years of thinking. The arsehole of the record industry has fallen out anyhow. As I conceded: the amount of sales Izzy could benefit is in double digits.

To believe Izzy could sell records off of the back of a hybrid is to believe Izzy could sell records in the first place!!

I know!

No! lol my point is that he benefits a lot from the cash grab tour, the Frankestein and all of those pejorative names you use to refer to Guns N' Roses, a machinery that is basically still working because of Axl Rose (whether you like or dislike what he's done with it for the past 2 decades, he tried his best to keep it going).

Yeah, LaZzy wrote many of the songs that are part of the setlist, blah blah but he did that once and forgot about the rest. He didn't want to be involved with the band, the touring and the problems. And that's work too. It's a lot of work to keep a band going for so long.

Izzy got it easy. 

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

my point is that he benefits a lot from the cash grab tour, the Frankestein and all of those pejorative names you use to refer to Guns N' Roses, a machinery that is basically still working because of Axl Rose (whether you like or dislike what he's done with it for the past 2 decades, he tried his best to keep it going).

Yeah, LaZzy wrote many of the songs that are part of the setlist, blah blah but he did that once and forgot about the rest. He didn't want to be involved with the band, the touring and the problems. And that's work too. It's a lot of work to keep a band going for so long.

Izzy got it easy. 

Exactly!

Izzy formed the band with the guys, wrote the songs with the guys, toured for years with the guys, helped to turn GNR into the biggest rock band in the world with the guys...

...but that was so fucking EASY!

anyone could have done that! ANYONE!

it was axl who did all the hard work to keep THE BAND (THE BRAND!) alive!

THE BRAND!

gnr wouldnt exist today if axl hadnt done ALL THE HARD WORK!

(i am actually sweating just to imagine how had it must have been!)

the INDISPUTABLE TRUTH is that money-driven, SUSPICIOUS, VOMIT-SONG-MAKER IZZY GOT IT EASY!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Exactly!

Izzy formed the band with the guys, wrote the songs with the guys, toured for years with the guys, helped to turn GNR into the biggest rock band in the world with the guys...

THE BRAND!

the INDISPUTABLE TRUTH is that money-driven, SUSPICIOUS, VOMIT-SONG-MAKER IZZY GOT IT EASY!

i love this guy

he's like the south park tourette's episode, but instead of yeling, he can't stop being sarcastic :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

Exactly!

THE BRAND!

I love this post! sarcasm is an art and you have it down perfectly!:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

There's a huge margin in between making a Twitter account during the opportune time to promote your music and being a money hungry sell-out leech.

even if he was being a money hungry leech what does it matter? i mean this isn't DJ Ashba, it's Izzy Stradlin!! a founding father and the soul of Guns N' Roses.

if he wants to pop up and release some music while GNR has the attention, thats fine with me. he gets a pass. i think the thread i seen the other day saying Gilby and Finck are gonna get together and play some GNR songs that they had no parts in making is being more of a leech

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2