Izzy Stradlin - Walkin' Song

auad

Is this hooray for tolerance! bullshit? Shit stirring? I don't think I've ever seen so much sarcasm incited at once. 

What's always been appealing to me about Izzy is his lack of pretentiousness. Just being who he is, and giving no fucks, which I also feel is the general vibe of AFD. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nintari said:

Anybody else get the feeling that Izzy only created a Twitter account and is now promoting this new music because he feels he can capitalize (make more money) off of the GNR threunion? I know he's always made music, but the timing of the Twitter account... I don't know. Seems pretty odd to me.

Yea I thought of this myself too

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Izzy 'promoting music' to 'capitalize (make more money) off of the GN'R reunion''? What absurdity is this?

This is a man who walked away from the biggest band in the world, on the cusp of their economic success, only to release eleven solo albums with next to no promotion, little to no touring and few music videos (there were two for the first). Izzy began putting out solo albums solely online before just about everybody else, when he surely could have still been releasing stuff via the record companies!! This is a man who does not care about album sales.

If you are discussing the amount of copies extra Stradlin will benefit from this hybrid charade, you are going to be in double digits.

I never said I knew for sure what his intentions were just that the timing seemed suspicious... and it does, even if it's benign or a coincidence. This is a guy who went years without giving two fucks about Twitter, then as soon as GNR reunites, he's all over it like Kanye West during a coke bender. It just seems obvious to me that these things are related. As to the exact reason why, I don't know and that's why I posed the question. I was just wanting to know what other fans thought about it.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I don't like it. If people say it's one of his best... I'm pretty happy I don't know his discography that well. But it's ok that he's recording stuff, you hear that Axl? :P

Well, just an opinion. Maybe you would find some other songs of Izzy more interesting. There are some true gems, believe me. Some of gis songs are generic, yes, but I made myself the best of Izzy playlist containing 30 absolutely killer songs.

I don't understand how can anyone consider himself being a GNR fan without knowing the solo stuff of the classic members. Weird to me.

Edited by Rayno
  • Like 1

People are actually calling Izzy STRADLIN' a sellout? What the....fuck? :lol:

He left the band at the height of GnR's fame and forfeited his publishing from the partnership (he wrote 50-60% of the band's songs). It sounds like he's the worst at grabbing money from the band :facepalm:

The timing isn't suspicious -- he created a twitter account to communicate with fans because Axl and company can't be bothered to say anything to fans. Then Izzy releases THREE songs for free to fans, and this makes him a money-driven leech? :monkey:

Axl fans live in a completely different universe where reality doesn't exist.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Well, just an opinion. Maybe you would find some other songs of Izzy more interesting. There are some true gems, believe me. Some of gis songs are generic, yes, but I made myself the best of Izzy playlist containing 30 absolutely killer songs.

I don't understand how can anyone consider himself being a GNR fan without knowing the solo stuff of the classic members. Weird to me.

I don't like this kind of music. I have that feel, you know I heard "Dust N' Bones" and I'm like I know everything Izzy's capable of. But I'll give a try to his music :)

So can anyone send a mp3 link or some other way I can listen to the song cause Spotify is not working for me

@downliner If a show in London happens and If im able to go then I would love to meet you man, bring the sign board saying "Where's Izzy?"

I guess you took it to vegas too, but I heard they (TB) told the security to throw it out, so they did that to you or it was someone else?

Great Song. In terms of GNR members solo work I always did like Izzy´s stuff by far the most.  After more than 20 years I still listen to Juju Hounds on a regular basis.

But one thing still drives me nuts: Why the hell does Izzy release all his great stuff as mp3 only (except for the first albums)?! I want his music in lossless format. I do hate but accept the fact that there won´t  be any physical releases but at least give us flac-files! Izzy, I don´t want shitty mp3s. I want to listen to your music on my HI-FI-system not on my cell phone. Damn!

If there is any kind of music style made for vinyl it´s Izzy´s "roots rock". I cannot understand why any small band in the world releases their stuff DYI - this means without any label and distribution - as a limited edition run of 500 or 1000 for the collectors but Izzy does not.

Edited by Philcore

14 minutes ago, eggers said:

You guys realise Izzy wrote Patience by himself, right?

Solos and lyrics too? ;) It doesn't work that way. There's always a guy who brings up particular chord progression but it never ends up as a final song. Izzy made great amout of riffs in GN'R but making such statement as he wrote any song all by himself is "slightly" exaggerated. 

29 minutes ago, Philcore said:

Great Song. In terms of GNR members solo work I always did like Izzy´s stuff by far the most.  After more than 20 years I still listen to Juju Hounds on a regular basis.

But one thing still drives me nuts: Why the hell does Izzy release all his great stuff as mp3 only (except for the first albums)?! I want his music in lossless format. I do hate but accept the fact that there won´t  be any physical releases but at least give us flac-files! Izzy, I don´t want shitty mp3s. I want to listen to your music on my HI-FI-system not on my cell phone. Damn!

If there is any kind of music style made for vinyl it´s Izzy´s "roots rock". I cannot understand why any small band in the world releases their stuff DYI - this means without any label and distribution - as a limited edition run of 500 or 1000 for the collectors but Izzy does not.

izzy pointed to 36 places where you will be able to get this song -- maybe in some of them you can get the song in flac format?

ClSoy99UYAAzSIr.jpg

from his twitter = 

Edited by ludurigan

25 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Solos and lyrics too? ;) It doesn't work that way. There's always a guy who brings up particular chord progression but it never ends up as a final song. Izzy made great amout of riffs in GN'R but making such statement as he wrote any song all by himself is "slightly" exaggerated. 

Yes, he wrote the music and lyrics. Solos have nothing to do with song writing credits.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

izzy pointed to 36 places where you will be able to get this song -- maybe in some of them you can get the song in flac format?

ClSoy99UYAAzSIr.jpg

from his twitter = 

Thanks, I saw this. Unfortunately I don´t see any platform which provides the song in flac-format.

The same goes for his albums/songs released within the last decade. I think his last physical release was "On down the road" from 2002. But even this was a Japan onyl release which leads to ridiculous pricees on the internet. This is a bummer. In my opinion Izzy´s music deserves proper releases, at least lossless media files. Obviously Izzy´s opinion is different which I cannot understand. Maybe someone should tell him about bandcamp.com for example.

Fact is that I won´t pay any money for mp3 only-releases. Sorry, "money driven"-Izzy ;-)

14 minutes ago, starlight said:

Seriously? Attacking Izzy because he opened a twitter account and for releasing new music? Are you for real?

Lurked through this whole thread, every single post by killuridols made me cringe, obnoxious person.

Fucking Izzy being money greedy by releasing free songs, goddamn him!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

People are actually calling Izzy STRADLIN' a sellout? What the....fuck? :lol:

He left the band at the height of GnR's fame and forfeited his publishing from the partnership (he wrote 50-60% of the band's songs). It sounds like he's the worst at grabbing money from the band :facepalm:

The timing isn't suspicious -- he created a twitter account to communicate with fans because Axl and company can't be bothered to say anything to fans. Then Izzy releases THREE songs for free to fans, and this makes him a money-driven leech? :monkey:

Axl fans live in a completely different universe where reality doesn't exist.

Exactly, they live in Axl's universe, and that's a totally delusional, fucked up place.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Izzy makes a Twitter account, MyGNR deems him a sellout...

Hey now... Don't paint all of us with that brush. Yeah, a couple of users made that ridiculous claim but I wouldn't say anyone else agrees with it. 

• Like 3