Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

15 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I always like hearing your take on the lithos. You bring a different POV. At least it has the classic, "guns n Roses was here" font. That was used for marketing for the LA pop store, too. Probably a reason it was utilized for this recent litho.

I find it very difficult to dwell on negatives and criticism. It's far too easy to hate on a design just because it's not a Cincikobe. Nearly every litho has the potential to be a killer and the execution just falters a little. I love looking at all the unique quirks and amazing aspects of each design and genuinely appreciate these other aspects.

And then you have Adelaide Redhead. There's just no saving that one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Anyone got a blacklight to test this thing out?

It doesn't glow, I've checked.

It's a shame but honestly, GitD is such a crutch. I seem to be in the minority here but I firmly believe Paris is relatively underwhelming and the GitD only marginally improves it for me. I mean honestly, if it has been red like the original design and not GitD, I think it would've been better. As it is, it's far too faded and subtracts from the design.

Now if the teapot had been metallic foil to make it look like the real life teapot, that might've been pretty cool too... but foil is also a bit of a crutch.

5 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Denver, Minneapolis, and Winston-Salem must be from same artist though, you can notice the similar drawing style and the noise grain on the background. Miami and Little Rock is also possibly from him too.

This artist drawing is too simplistic, but i have too admit his choice of color is quite good. 

Well I can tell you without a doubt Denver, Minneapolis and Winston-Salem are not the same artist. Miami and Little Rock are not the same artist either.

Edited by amaninjapan

I have to say I do like the Winston art. I was at the show I bought the shirt with the design. I would have got the litho but I wasn't able to pick it up this week. So if anyone has an extra they wouldn't mind letting go for the cost of the litho plus shipping I'd be willing to purchase next week or something. 

10 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

What do you think of the design man? I was on the fence about even buying one for myself but I caved. I saw lithos at every merch stand I passed right up until GNR came on.

Anyone got a blacklight to test this thing out? It would literally be the only redeeming quality on this litho.

A fucking teapot...

Uzi, now that I know the connection and history to the city, I'm a little better with it. I'm still underwhelmed. I went to college and now work for Clemson University and totally understand licensing could have been an issue, but just figured a Demon Deacon mascot (that wears a Top hat) could have been a home run since they were playing in Wake's stadium. If I'm from W-S, I love it. I'm not, so I'm like, whatevs. I like it for having been at the show, but that's it.  And by the way, of the three shows on this tour I've seen, I really think this one was the best! Hate I didn't run into you there bro!

Edited by TigerBubba

On 8/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, TigerBubba said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coffee_Pot_(Winston-Salem,_North_Carolina)

so there was a local connection...I'll offer more thoughts in a bit

I think the fact that they're going with local landmarks is kind of cool and special for the people from that area...which is who the merch is made for. I bought the Minny one even though I'm from Chicagoland. It was better than a lazy Vikings design like Metallica went with on their merch at that show. 

I actually really like this litho. I just think it's a cool one if no city was tied to it.

while we all know that Axl, Slash, and Duff are the centerpieces to GnR in regards to this tour, and they had just the three of their silhouettes in the Atlanta one, but I'm not crazy about singling them out. Hell, Dizzy has been around for 25 years and Frank had been around for 10+.