Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

3 hours ago, Captain SK said:

Credit to @Black Sabbath for posting these in the Official Merchandise thread. Cross posting for reference:

20170821_142957.jpg.225ae6b2426f56feaf85

4 hours ago, Captain SK said:

I don't know what bears and dragons have to do with our nation's capital Ottawa.  Just my opinion and somewhat of a question...

It's not a bear, it's a Mishibizhiw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_panther

"An underwater panther, called Mishipeshu or Mishibijiw in Ojibwe (IPA: [mɪʃɪbɪʑɪw]), is one of the most important of several mythological water beings among many indigenous peoples of the Northeastern Woodlands and Great Lakes region, particularly among the Anishinaabe.

Mishipeshu translates into "the Great Lynx". It has the head and paws of a giant cat but is covered in scales and has dagger-like spikes running along its back and tail.[not verified in body] Mishipeshu calls Michipicoten Island in Lake Superior his home and is a powerful creature in the mythological traditions of some Native American tribes, particularly Anishinaabe tribes, the Odawa, Ojibwe, and Potawatomi, of the Great Lakes region of Canada and the United States.[1][2] In addition to the Anishinaabeg, Innu also have Mishibizhiw stories."

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Miller1254 said:

With that insane info nugget, I really really love that litho now.  That is a tremendous use of cultural lore.  Well done amaninjapan.   

I have to be honest, I had no idea until I was told. All I knew was that it couldn't just be a puma or a bear because it has antlers sticking out of its head! :P

But every day I learn something new is a good day!

5 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I have to be honest, I had no idea until I was told. All I knew was that it couldn't just be a puma or a bear because it has antlers sticking out of its head! :P

But every day I learn something new is a good day!

It's return to quality and good content. The color schemes have been vibrant this leg.

6 minutes ago, Captain SK said:

Can anyone confirm that the official GnR merchandise trailers outside the Canadian venues accept credit cards? I want to go down for 1 pm and buy my litho and come back home prior to the show and drop it off.

I can confirm that at least Ottawa accepted credit cards. Not sure if they will already be selling merchandise at 1pm though. Seems to vary from city to city.

9 hours ago, Captain SK said:

Can anyone confirm that the official GnR merchandise trailers outside the Canadian venues accept credit cards? I want to go down for 1 pm and buy my litho and come back home prior to the show and drop it off.

I can confirm for Montreal as well that they accepted credit cards.  The booth was open at 1 when I arrived but that may have been venue specific as you could go thru security and ticketing at that time only to be queuing for next 4+ hours until they open the gates for everyone to rush in.   

14 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It's not a bear, it's a Mishibizhiw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_panther

"An underwater panther, called Mishipeshu or Mishibijiw in Ojibwe (IPA: [mɪʃɪbɪʑɪw]), is one of the most important of several mythological water beings among many indigenous peoples of the Northeastern Woodlands and Great Lakes region, particularly among the Anishinaabe.

Mishipeshu translates into "the Great Lynx". It has the head and paws of a giant cat but is covered in scales and has dagger-like spikes running along its back and tail.[not verified in body] Mishipeshu calls Michipicoten Island in Lake Superior his home and is a powerful creature in the mythological traditions of some Native American tribes, particularly Anishinaabe tribes, the Odawa, Ojibwe, and Potawatomi, of the Great Lakes region of Canada and the United States.[1][2] In addition to the Anishinaabeg, Innu also have Mishibizhiw stories."

Thats really cool.  Good investigating!  

Someone in other thread mentioned that the dragon could be reference to this performannce art that happened recently in Ottawa. A huge mechanical dragon fought a huge mechanical spider. The performance was the creation of a new myth that the cities extensive work on an LRT line had stirred a sleeping dragon.  Basically representing the anxieties of progress.

This Mishibizhiw mythology might confirm the dragon is a about the new myth?  That they are both based on local mythologies?

Ottawa is on a tract of unceded territory of the Algonquins, who are Anashnaabek.  There is no Treaty, the land was never surrendered.  Talks are underway for a modern day treaty.

(ps: thanks to those who posted lithos here and in other threads. I was/am outta likes) 

• Like 1

On 2017-08-21 at 8:45 AM, mikeman5150 said:

The lithos are 18x24 and I've taken a poster tube to the last few shows with no problem. 

On 2017-08-21 at 8:41 AM, Miller1254 said:

Powderfinger, 

They did not have a tube available in Montreal.  In fact, it was a struggle just to get an elastic.  I did bring  a garbage bag to store them in, but the Official Merch tent outside of Security was open by 1pm when I arrived.  I uber'd back to hotel room (after a 30 mins walk backtracking) to drop of lithos.  It was well worth the sacrifice of time, sweat, fare and some position in the pit, to double back.  I can not see how you can keep them protected unless you have a poster tube to store them in.  And I doubt most venues would allow you to bring a poster tube through security.   I will measure the litho size tonight, but  believe they are 18x24 inches and sturdy paper/stock.  

Thank you kind people! 

11 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Do we know the meaning behind the last litho?

Not yet. I keep getting an image of some sort of Bonnie and Clyde painting but I know it's only the addition of the gun that is giving me those thoughts. I'm sure the original its based on doesn't have the dude holding a gun but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. I'm trying to figure out what else he could be holding if it's not a gun.