Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 29/08/2017 at 1:48 PM, amaninjapan said:

European lithos are 17.5" x 23" (440mm x 584mm)

The only exceptions are: Vienna (slightly narrower) and Paris (slightly smaller)

London 1 and London 2 are both 440mm x 584mm

Thanks again buddy - frame arrived today - looks great :headbang:

4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Has anyone actually seen a real life photo of the Gorge litho?  The computer graphic looks nice but I could see the actual litho being a different story, occasionally the litho differs from the graphic (paris being a good example).

Paris was kind of an exception, due to the glowing ink they used that changed the colors, but I'm still curious about how that golden frame renders IRL.

FYI,  I was looking at some of the lithos on eBay 2 days ago from that warpig seller, and he provided me with the same response previously discussed in this thread. Today I noticed that most of his listings except for one have all been removed, I wonder if eBay caught on to him ?

Sorry , should have included this above, but  I am looking to get a hold of one of the Vancouver lithos if anyone is looking to part with one.

Cheers

1 hour ago, InternetComic said:

FYI,  I was looking at some of the lithos on eBay 2 days ago from that warpig seller, and he provided me with the same response previously discussed in this thread. Today I noticed that most of his listings except for one have all been removed, I wonder if eBay caught on to him ?

Sorry , should have included this above, but  I am looking to get a hold of one of the Vancouver lithos if anyone is looking to part with one.

Cheers

If you look at his "sold" listings, he has made thousands fleecing people with those fake lithographs. Either his customers were too stupid to realize they were getting taken, or he had some decent equipment and made high quality reproductions to the point that the buyers didn't care.

2 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

If you look at his "sold" listings, he has made thousands fleecing people with those fake lithographs. Either his customers were too stupid to realize they were getting taken, or he had some decent equipment and made high quality reproductions to the point that the buyers didn't care.

They're not fake. I think they're extras. I bought one, for curiosity sake, and it's one I owned that I bought in person, wanted to compare. They're spot on. The ink is spot on, the paper fibers are spot on. Faking these can be done, but why fake a GNR when you can fake a Sperry or Emek and take in serious $$$.

Faking these isn't as simple as a copy machine. These are printed old school printing press style...google lithography. They're printed with difffent screens of ink...you'd need the source art from the artist to get these right. I've worked in graphics, printing(screen, 4 color) for almost 20 years. They probably run an extra 50-100 prints bc it's cheaper to do that than set up with ink again and try to match the colors. Then they go through the stack and pull out ones with imperfections...and someone ends up with them, Mr. WarPig is that guy. We run extras all the time...if it's cool art you you think we trash it you're crazy...once got had 5,000 cover passes to a local bar. Saved me $5-8 a night. 

Edited by Esssssstranged

28 minutes ago, Esssssstranged said:

They're not fake. I think they're extras. I bought one, for curiosity sake, and it's one I owned that I bought in person, wanted to compare. They're spot on. The ink is spot on, the paper fibers are spot on. Faking these can be done, but why fake a GNR when you can fake a Sperry or Emek and take in serious $$$.

Faking these isn't as simple as a copy machine. These are printed old school printing press style...google lithography. They're printed with difffent screens of ink...you'd need the source art from the artist to get these right. I've worked in graphics, printing(screen, 4 color) for almost 20 years. They probably run an extra 50-100 prints bc it's cheaper to do that than set up with ink again and try to match the colors. Then they go through the stack and pull out ones with imperfections...and someone ends up with them, Mr. WarPig is that guy. We run extras all the time...if it's cool art you you think we trash it you're crazy...once got had 5,000 cover passes to a local bar. Saved me $5-8 a night. 

I haven't personally bought one from this guy but I'm of this thinking as well.

if this guy really wanted to pull a scam why wouldn't he of numbered the lithos himself? There's enough pictures online of the ink color and type set used at each venue to where you could have replicated it.

Also, why wouldn't he make prints of the more high-dollar lithos from Asia and Europe? He has claimed from the beginning he has a hook up in North America and has stayed true to that. 

He also has a New Orleans for sale that's glow in the dark which I imagine would be tough to pull off. 

I would only buy one from this guy if I was desperate for one that I couldn't find anywhere else. But if you're not hung up about having something officially sold at the show, then this is a good way to build up your collection on the cheap.

Again my only real apprehension to what this guy is doing is that I'm worried now that the print he's  selling will get numbered by somebody else and reposted. That and he's flooded the market a bit bringing down value for the time being.

I wonder if it would be worth having an archive here of each litho and what numbers all members have. Obviously not super conclusive but it might be helpful down the line.