Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

for those interested, the Gorge Amphitheatre litho was based on this vintage-style Don Juan opera poster:

OiQkTSn.jpg

"Amphitheatre" for a lot of the non-US world definitely has an 'operatic' vibe to it so the opera theme seems like a cool, fresh take on it all. And for anybody who has seen a show at The Gorge, it definitely has that epic vibe to it!

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Does anyone have the high resolution lithos for Glendale, AZ and the Gorge, WA? I can't afford paying for that on eBay but I'd like to print them myself. 

I know there was thread started awhile back that collected all the high res images but I dont see those

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

for those interested, the Gorge Amphitheatre litho was based on this vintage-style Don Juan opera poster:

OiQkTSn.jpg

"Amphitheatre" for a lot of the non-US world definitely has an 'operatic' vibe to it so the opera theme seems like a cool, fresh take on it all. And for anybody who has seen a show at The Gorge, it definitely has that epic vibe to it!

Impressive find.  Kudos

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Esssssstranged said:

Now I'm warpig? Lmao ok...

Not saying you are warpig, but you staunchly defended his actions which might draw suspicion from some to say the least.. I did a little amatuer sleuthing and this is what I found.

I will not reveal names, but anyone interested can easily find the specifics on their own.

Check warpig's eBay user Id history and you see he has been a member since 1999 and has had two user id's in that time. His first was an email address ending in "@aol.com"...

Take the user ID he has been using since 1999 and add the "@aol.com" to the end and you can probably guess his email address... warpigxx@aol.com...

Google said email address and you get a name... Initials "J.P." In Brooklyn NY...

Google this name + Brooklyn NY and it points to a business in Brooklyn NY with the initials S.F. Inc...

This business? Founded in 1983 is a small cotton mill business dealing in fabric and design. With 10 employees and about 1 million in annual sales... they are not big enough to maintain their own website, but they do own the domain.

What does all this suggest? I present to you that Warpig has access/owns printing equipment at this business location and all those tour shirts he is shilling on eBay are most definitely bootleg.

If he is bootlegging T-Shirts, he can most definitely bootleg lithographs. That would be much more lucrative for him... He acquires an original, and makes high quality copies to sell to the uninformed.

And you have to ask yourself why someone who works at a small cotton fabric business in Brooklyn NY would have an "in" with the band and be able to have access to all these special unnumbered "VIP" lithographs to sell on the secondary market?

amaninjapan and I would like to hear you admit that you just might have been wrong about warpig right about now. ;)

8 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I don't want anything, guys........ except for all of us just to calm down, forget the name warpig and just focus on kickass lithos.

Can't we all just get along? :D

I have already gone on record as stating that I don't really care that he is selling fake product; but it is wrong that he is passing fake off as real and people are getting fooled.

We had that guy selling the London copies a while back but he was clearly stating they were copies... I saw nothing wrong with that and actually applaud his ingenuity. He was just filling a void after all. Warpig is just filling his pockets.

i am not looking to fight with anyone, I was just presenting the evidence; even if it is circumstantial, to inform people so they can make an educated decision on their own before they make a purchase.

My suggestion that Esssstranged admit that he just might have been wrong was meant as a jest and I would hope that he got the humor in it. This is a friendly board.

I think my only gripe for people who are selling reprints (who clearly state they are reprints) is that they show up in searches for genuine lithos and it can sometimes be confusing and almost always annoying.

Like you suddenly see a pic of a litho you might want and then realize it's a stupid A4 reprint. If there was a way for me to just permanently omit auctions by a certain user that would be awesome.

We got our Man in Japan finding the inspirations for all these images....we got Dacatazz outing warpig as the bootlegging scum he is....awesome group of detectives we've got here!!

And I must have been in Japan too long cause I find that cartoon girl from the Don Juan poster very bangable.  That's an awesome poster.

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

We got our Man in Japan finding the inspirations for all these images....we got Dacatazz outing warpig as the bootlegging scum he is....awesome group of detectives we've got here!!

And I must have been in Japan too long cause I find that cartoon girl from the Don Juan poster very bangable.  That's an awesome poster.

:lol:

57 minutes ago, dnb41 said:

Pretty psyched to see SA's tomorrow - hope I get one. How early have these things been selling out? Have you guys found that the merch booths have been pretty crowded when they open hours before the show, or just closer to show time? 

I only can comment on Regina. I got to the truck at about 1245 and I would say there was 15 people ahead of me in line. By the time they opened for business at 110 there was at least 50 people more behind me. I saw quite a few posters being sold but bought mine and got out of there. I had a cardboard folder I bought at the dollarstore and slipped it in there. Straight home at that point for some beers!

Edited by Captain SK

1 minute ago, Captain SK said:

I only can comment on Regina. I got to the truck at about 1245 and I would say there was 15 people ahead of me in line. By the time they opened for business at 110 there was at least 50 people more behind me. I saw quite a few posters being sold but bought mine and got out of there. I had a cardboard folder I bought at the dollarstore and slipped it in there. Straight home at that point for some beers!

Nice - good info. I'll definitely be there around that time. I just hope they're selling early. I had heard they may not be. 

15 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

OiQkTSn.jpg

Thank you @amaninjapan for the information and thank you all of you that keep this alive, love it! I hope us in South America have decent lithos this time and not be ignored like last year

7 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Wow that Imola litho on Ebay is still at a bargain price. That was one of the really popular designs too back during the Europe leg.

Man, the Europe leg feels like a hundred years ago :lol:

Where? Can't find it :question:

I will comment on the litho's in Winston-Salem,NC. I went to that show and I was able to get 2 lithos from the official merch trailier. They are nummered both numbers x/x and you pretty much have to be there when it opens to get one. The trailer opened at 2pm that day and would say the lithos were gone at 2:20 they need to do like other bands and put a limit on how many you can buy. I watched a guy in front of me buy a stack of them I would say he had at least 10 at $50 each. Basically if you are not at the merch trailer when it opens chances are you are not going to get one, in NC there were 275 and it looked like the merch trailer had them all if there were prints inside the show at the merch stands there could only have been a few. IMO i dont think there were lithos at the merch stands inside. When there is only 275 prints and you almost 40K people at the show thats not many your lucky to get one so they shouldnt let one person buy 10 prints. I did buy 2 but the others was for my friends wedding gift that was at the show with me and most bands put a limit at 2. Im going to the Nashville show in November cant wait hope im lucky enough to get one at that show. Good luck everyone

• Sad 1