Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Im so glad I read this thread and learned of "warpig" on ebay. I have considered buying a print and didnt know. I go to a lot of shows and collect art from all them and just art in general and didnt realize all of this. Thank you for all the information.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Did any members here get a Gorge litho

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, liqddynamite said:

Has anyone actually seen a real life photo of the Gorge litho?  The computer graphic looks nice but I could see the actual litho being a different story, occasionally the litho differs from the graphic (paris being a good example).

I have one from the Gorge. Beautiful Litho.

1 hour ago, kevinc724 said:

I will comment on the litho's in Winston-Salem,NC. I went to that show and I was able to get 2 lithos from the official merch trailier. They are nummered both numbers x/x and you pretty much have to be there when it opens to get one. The trailer opened at 2pm that day and would say the lithos were gone at 2:20 they need to do like other bands and put a limit on how many you can buy. I watched a guy in front of me buy a stack of them I would say he had at least 10 at $50 each. Basically if you are not at the merch trailer when it opens chances are you are not going to get one, in NC there were 275 and it looked like the merch trailer had them all if there were prints inside the show at the merch stands there could only have been a few. IMO i dont think there were lithos at the merch stands inside. When there is only 275 prints and you almost 40K people at the show thats not many your lucky to get one so they shouldnt let one person buy 10 prints. I did buy 2 but the others was for my friends wedding gift that was at the show with me and most bands put a limit at 2. Im going to the Nashville show in November cant wait hope im lucky enough to get one at that show. Good luck everyone

Good info - probably a similar experience everywhere, I would guess. Yea, for a show so big they should probably make more and definitely limit sales. Hate people who just want to profit off of such things. Hope I get lucky tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, dnb41 said:

Good info - probably a similar experience everywhere, I would guess. Yea, for a show so big they should probably make more and definitely limit sales. Hate people who just want to profit off of such things. Hope I get lucky tomorrow. 

I was also at the Winston Salem show and had a different experience. I was in line before the merch stand opened outside and was able to get one easily. There was about 15 people ahead of me and the stand I was at said they had 50 to start. But that the other merch stands had similar amounts throughout the building.

I was sitting on the floor and there was at least one merch stand there that had plenty of lithographs when I was leaving for the night. Maybe they stock more down there then they do around the venue because they assume people on the floor are spending more money on merch?

Anyways, there were  enough left that me and my friend laughed when we saw on eBay in multiple listings about how they had sold out in minutes.

1 minute ago, uzi your illusion said:

I was also at the Winston Salem show and had a different experience. I was in line before the merch stand opened outside and was able to get one easily. There was about 15 people ahead of me and the stand I was at said they had 50 to start. But that the other merch stands had similar amounts throughout the building.

I was sitting on the floor and there was at least one merch stand there that had plenty of lithographs when I was leaving for the night. Maybe they stock more down there then they do around the venue because they assume people on the floor are spending more money on merch?

Anyways, there were  enough left that me and my friend laughed when we saw on eBay in multiple listings about how they had sold out in minutes.

Good to hear - might vary show to show, for sure. Fingers crossed. I do plan on being in that line early. What time did they start selling at your show? 

thats good to hear, i was at the main merch trailer outside at 2pm and Im not sure how many they had they did have a big stack of them and they sold out quick, pretty much everyone in the line i was in that early was getting the lithos and they lasted about about 20min and were gone. I wondered if the other merch tables had them or not. 

42 minutes ago, dnb41 said:

Good to hear - might vary show to show, for sure. Fingers crossed. I do plan on being in that line early. What time did they start selling at your show? 

I'm pretty sure they opened at 3. Not positive but that's what I'm remembering. If you look back on gothic thread back to the day of the show you can probably find it. But it varies from venue to venue. Best bet though I would guess is trying to get on the floor to check out that merch stand. 

1 minute ago, uzi your illusion said:

I'm pretty sure they opened at 3. Not positive but that's what I'm remembering. If you look back on gothic thread back to the day of the show you can probably find it. But it varies from venue to venue. Best bet though I would guess is trying to get on the floor to check out that merch stand. 

Good to know.   Yea, that's probably going to be very very difficult without a floor ticket, unfortunately! 

16 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Anyone else get a crooked litho cut haha I have like 3 inches of white border on one side and ranges from 1cm-3cm on the other...

Never seen one before to be quite honest - and I've seen a LOT of lithos. But obviously it's a possibility. Sorry to hear you got one though. Which one do you have that's crooked?

42 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Never seen one before to be quite honest - and I've seen a LOT of lithos. But obviously it's a possibility. Sorry to hear you got one though. Which one do you have that's crooked?

The El Paso one..number 49/300. I'm guessing number 48 or 50 is also crooked if they were cut from the same 

Edited by IncitingChaos

33 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wish having a crooked litho was the equivalent to having a penny with a misprint..I would be rich 

I've seen a few lithos with errors. One guy got an Australian litho that wasn't numbered. He bought like three and the other two he gave to friends were numbered but his apparently was skipped. I wouldn't have believed it if someone else had told me, but I very much trust my friend so I'm sure he's telling the truth and not just blind haha.

Another litho I have (or used to have, I might have given it away) was mistakenly numbered. Will have to check exactly but it was supposed to be numbered x/200 but it was numbered x/300 instead. Guess the staff had a few things on their mind at the time they were numbering them haha.

Some of the Singapore lithos were poor quality and had ink spots. Not to hard to find one without the spots though.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:25 PM, Dacatzass said:

Not saying you are warpig, but you staunchly defended his actions which might draw suspicion from some to say the least.. I did a little amatuer sleuthing and this is what I found.

I will not reveal names, but anyone interested can easily find the specifics on their own.

Check warpig's eBay user Id history and you see he has been a member since 1999 and has had two user id's in that time. His first was an email address ending in "@aol.com"...

Take the user ID he has been using since 1999 and add the "@aol.com" to the end and you can probably guess his email address... warpigxx@aol.com...

Google said email address and you get a name... Initials "J.P." In Brooklyn NY...

Google this name + Brooklyn NY and it points to a business in Brooklyn NY with the initials S.F. Inc...

This business? Founded in 1983 is a small cotton mill business dealing in fabric and design. With 10 employees and about 1 million in annual sales... they are not big enough to maintain their own website, but they do own the domain.

What does all this suggest? I present to you that Warpig has access/owns printing equipment at this business location and all those tour shirts he is shilling on eBay are most definitely bootleg.

If he is bootlegging T-Shirts, he can most definitely bootleg lithographs. That would be much more lucrative for him... He acquires an original, and makes high quality copies to sell to the uninformed.

And you have to ask yourself why someone who works at a small cotton fabric business in Brooklyn NY would have an "in" with the band and be able to have access to all these special unnumbered "VIP" lithographs to sell on the secondary market?

amaninjapan and I would like to hear you admit that you just might have been wrong about warpig right about now. ;)

I'm done helping people, think what you want.