Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

26 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I don't buy lithos but I had a look at Warpigs account On eBay. His tshirts are not Gilden, I only see official ones that look the same as mine:shrugs:and some of his lithos are numbered, mainly Australian. How does he have 100% positive feedback if he is selling fakes?

I'm not sticking up for the guy just interested in what his story is.

At least in my brain, it's one or a combination of several if not all, of the following factors:

- Some of his lithos are indeed genuine. Even months ago when he was just selling 2016 US lithos, some of them had numbers. You hear of this sneaky method all the time when it comes to other types of items being sold: Mix a fake in with some authentic items and people probably will assume they're all real just by association.
- Some people don't know they're fakes. Let's face it, we're all a special type of freak in here if we've contributed significantly to 115 pages of talk about posters :P We might have a discerning and skeptical eye but some people are oblivious to it. Just like it seems incomprehensible to people that there's a market for fake phone chargers and fake solar eclipse glasses (how fucking evil was that?!), some people might never think there's a big market for fake posters.
- Some people don't CARE that they're fakes. There's been plenty of people even in this thread that have said they abhor the idea of spending $200 or $300 on a litho. To them, $75 or $100 for something close to real is good enough. Hell, some people are happy enough to just buy those A4 and A3 reprints or print them themselves on regular paper. $75 for something 100x better than their home print might seem like a bargain to them. Even I have said that if GNR sold unnumbered lithos from their website, I'd probably prefer them from a financial point of view haha - but this is far from GNR authorized merchandise being sold by the official GNR website.
- Some people complain and get refunds. When you get a refund, any feedback you leave for a seller disappears. It would certainly be in the seller's best interests to refund $75 to an unhappy customer, maintain his rating and continue selling to other people. It happened to me when I bought some soccer jersey badges. As soon as they arrived, I could see they were cheap fakes and not the genuine SensCilia patches. I made a claim, got an almost instant refund... ...and the seller just kept on selling the fakes. Surreal.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

yyUmoU.jpg

The Bunyip is definitely not numbered and this was purchased at the show.  I know this as I asked my mate to get me both lithos (I arrived later) and Im pretty sure you bought his spare Spider off him Amanijapan.

The Spider is numbered, Bunyip is not.  If the number is hidden somewhere like a Wheres Wally thing, id like to know where - as its not even on the back!

Time to get glasses, man ;)

Bunyip is numbered right there in the corner of this photo!

Edited by amaninjapan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

holy crap dude, Im gonna give you some serious dues on that one! damn, could not see that for the life of me! I was expecting some thicker silver pen or something, it looks like it was just done with a biro!

Haha! It has been well established by now that amaninjapan is the foremost authority for these lithos. Looks like you have 92/100

11 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

holy crap dude, Im gonna give you some serious dues on that one! damn, could not see that for the life of me! I was expecting some thicker silver pen or something, it looks like it was just done with a biro!

Yeah! A lot of the Australian lithos were just done with a ballpoint pen or even pencil. Pencil or dark blue/black pen on a black poster... really hard to see!

Wellington Maori is pencil on black - kinda easy because the lead is slightly shiny in just the right light and a lot of them were just numbered in the center at the bottom of the litho instead of in the corner
Brisbane Yellow Surfer is pen on black - kinda easy to see because the litho isn't super super black
Brisbane Purple Surfer is pencil on black
Adelaide Redhead and Adelaide Shark are both pen on black and hard to see just like Perth Bunyip

6 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

Haha! It has been well established by now that amaninjapan is the foremost authority for these lithos. Looks like you have 92/100

no no, the 92 is my spare :)

Edited by amaninjapan

24 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I was keeping an eye on the Imola litho on Ebay and this is what comes up now when you try to access the auction,

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

That's usually Ebayspeak for "someone offered me a great deal to buy it outside of Ebay so as I don't have to pay Ebay fees" :P I know a few people who couldn't see the listing though (forum user @Lio mentioned it a couple pages back) so maybe there was a genuine error in the listing?

Just now, amaninjapan said:

That's usually Ebayspeak for "someone offered me a great deal to buy it outside of Ebay so as I don't have to pay Ebay fees" :P I know a few people who couldn't see the listing though (forum user @Lio mentioned it a couple pages back) so maybe there was a genuine error in the listing?

Yes, I could see it by clicking on your link, but couldn't find it any other way on eBay. If I searched for Imola, all I got was a crappy fake poster.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes, I could see it by clicking on your link, but couldn't find it any other way on eBay. If I searched for Imola, all I got was a crappy fake poster.

I know one forum user here from Singapore would occasionally not be able to see listings that would show up for me and other friends. Turns out he only had a Singapore address saved as his shipping address on Ebay and therefore Ebay would just hide listings that didn't ship to Singapore. He got around it by just adding a fake USA address as an optional shipping address on his Ebay account. He didn't even need to set it as the primary shipping address, I guess just having a shipping address on file that the seller would ship to was enough for the system to 'unflag' the listing for him.

7 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

I asked the seller to amend the entry to enable me to bid. As a non US bidder, there was a problem which prevented me from bidding which is why i contacted this chap.  

After I sent the email, it went down.  Coincidence or error on adjusting? Hopefully it pops up again as my paddle will be up.

I'm pretty good with Aussie lingo but I've never heard this one before :P

I'm still holding on to an extra Cincinatti, figure it doesn't hurt to test the waters every few months as people's collections change.

I'd  trade it for an Osaka, Paris, London Night 1, or Munich. Not in any rush to move it but I know it's a popular one, especially here, and want to make sure someone here gets it.

I'm up for whatever. I think Europe was so kickass, we forget that the first US leg wasn't a masterpiece every night.

I would like to have more Buhler but don't want it dominated by him. What I would like to see however would be more themed 'sets' of lithos. There's a few double-shows coming up (New York, Toronto, LA) as well as some that could be thematically paired (Boston/Hartford or LA/San Diego). I think the Foxboro double and the LA/SD Skate-BMX-Surf triple-set from 2016 were fun and really popular - wouldn't mind seeing another set like that.

51 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yeah, the Ottawa/Endmonton/Montreal all with the same font/style probably look awesome together.  I'd be down for more "themes" like that, too.

I wouldn't say they look GREAT hahaha - but having them form a set is kinda cool. Especially since the background for all three are different bright colors.