Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Not being numbered is not an issue. Bangkok lithos were not numbered and people are climbing over each other trying to find them.

But it's very evident that even at a drastically reduced price, South American audiences just simply aren't into lithos. Which is almost certainly the reason why they didn't bother with them last year.

42 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Not being numbered is not an issue. Bangkok lithos were not numbered and people are climbing over each other trying to find them.

But it's very evident that even at a drastically reduced price, South American audiences just simply aren't into lithos. Which is almost certainly the reason why they didn't bother with them last year.

I believe it’s a socioeconomic issue in SA. 

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I believe it’s a socioeconomic issue in SA. 

Oh very much. Even at a drastically reduced price (they were 50 Real, about 15 dollars) they just didn't sell. There are many reasons why shirts are more popular than posters at a rock concert but apparently even more so in South America. I don't blame them though, I would MUCH rather buy lithos online than at the concert.

Just got tix to the oct 11 msg show and Hoping I can can complete my collection and get an MSG litho. Managed to get my hands on my original hometown litho (Regina). It looks great with my Slane litho from the show I was at in May which I love based on my Irish heritage. I was at MetLife last year but didn’t like the litho from that show. 

Sau paulo looks pretty cool! 

Heres my current two:

Slane_and_Regina.jpg

Edited by goneshootin
Typo
  • Like 1

You should get matching frames! I think it would look even more kickass with matching frames.

Actually... now that I think about it - did you get the Slane frame custom made? Because it looks like it fits PERFECTLY and the European lithos were a strange, non-standard size. I spent hours trying to figure out what paper size they used for Europe and concluded it's not a standard paper or frame size. It's honestly not that much smaller than the US standard 18" x 24" so it's not really noticeable if you put a Euro litho into an 18" x 24" frame (as long as the backing board is the same color as the frame), but your frame seems to match the size perfectly. If you didn't get it custom made, please let me know what size frame you bought (and from where)!

:headbang:

On 27/09/2017 at 12:50 AM, amaninjapan said:

interesting texture on the Sao Paulo! But definitely seems high quality

Mf4fBHj.jpg

It seems to me like a homemade print. This is the reason I didn't bought it. But the art is amazing!

On 27/09/2017 at 1:36 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Bought a shirt of that design. No ones buying the litho. Theres too many left. Not numbered either

I bought a shirt too! I think I meet you before the gates open, right? Ha!

7qvnuzu.jpg

Edited by lipeguns
misspelled
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Am I the only one thinking the Sao Paulo litho didn't sell because, like it's clearly stated on the poster, it's trash? :lol:

Are you kidding me? It's fucking AMAZING

It's EASILY the best of the lot since the end of Europe. Maybe the reference is lost on some people though? The graffiti is a style unique to Brazil, called Pichacao:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pichação

maxresdefault.jpg

Nevertheless, Sao Paulo is one of my favorite designs without a doubt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Are you kidding me? It's fucking AMAZING

It's EASILY the best of the lot since the end of Europe. Maybe the reference is lost on some people though? The graffiti is a style unique to Brazil, called Pichacao:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pichação

maxresdefault.jpg

Nevertheless, Sao Paulo is one of my favorite designs without a doubt.

Nope, not kidding. I got the reference, I just didn't like the design. I'd actually rank it among my least favourite. The Chile one is cool though (I imagine the colours look pretty nice on the real thing).

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Nope, not kidding. I got the reference, I just didn't like the design. I'd actually rank it among my least favourite. The Chile one is nice though (I imagine the colours look pretty nice on the real thing).

Everybody has their personal preference for sure. But 100% Sao Paulo is in my Top 10 at least. Two thumbs up to the artist

• Like 1

9 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Everybody has their personal preference for sure. But 100% Sao Paulo is in my Top 10 at least. Two thumbs up to the artist

Yeah! In my first sight on it I said: "Great, I want!!!"

The artist really captured the essence of the walls and the buildings of the city.

Edited by lipeguns
  • Like 1