Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

5 minutes ago, makdaddy said:

No limits inside - saw guy buy last 10 - with people behind him raising hell

They had them outside section 212 before the guy bought the last ten including the one hanging up on display

Thanks man, have a buddy going tomorrow, hoping he can snag me one.

14 minutes ago, makdaddy said:

No limits inside - saw guy buy last 10 - with people behind him raising hell

They had them outside section 212 before the guy bought the last ten including the one hanging up on display

Shit. At least 5 listings on ebay from $160 to $300

So they had a line before security and off to the far right, next to the Pensy Food Hall. That line had about 50 people in it by 4:30.

You could walk through security and go to the merch stands without waiting on that line but once you got to the stand and tried to buy a poster they wouldn't sell it to you. You HAVE to wait on that first like and get a wristband.

They gave our wristbands at 5. After you get a wristband you go through security, line up to the merch stand, it's one litho per person. And they take your wristband when you buy it. You can try to go back into that initial line and get a second wristband but thats no guarantee. 

The only way to guarantee you're gonna get a spare is if you bring a friend to buy one as well. They were extremely strict about this. I have no idea how someone could have bought ten. One security guard told me I could try to buy one at the end of the night if there were some left, but they were all gone before the encore.

By the way poster tubes are allowed in and the was even a guy selling them for $5 in the wristband line.

Edited by uzi your illusion

Agreed - I got mine that way but they were also selling lithos iinside MSG at some of the merch stands and they were not enforcing limits there or using wristbands.  

The merch stands you are talking about were outside before they collected tickets so anyone can buy there.

26 minutes ago, makdaddy said:

Agreed - I got mine that way but they were also selling lithos iinside MSG at some of the merch stands and they were not enforcing limits there or using wristbands.  

The merch stands you are talking about were outside before they collected tickets so anyone can buy there.

Correct. I was told that was the only 2 spots to buy lithos. Judging by the huge stack that each of the 2 stands had that seemed right to me. The stacks had to be 10 to 12 inches each. I was sitting in section B on the floor and they and a separate bar and food area down there. I would have assumed that if any section was gonna have a separate merch stand you would think it would have been there. That stinks.

Personally I think it's a great idea - but 1 per person is a bit TOO strict. Especially if they're not going to have ANY restriction for people inside. But generally speaking, it's probably a step in the right direction. Really ought to limit the people inside too though. Max 2 outside and max 3 inside? I think that'd be fair.

I have a feeling they might only be doing this for the northeast where the reseller market is at its most obscene. Places like the Midwest or other smaller markets [like Winston Salem for example] I would imagine they would be happy to sell the lithos any way they can. I would assume it comes down to how much expendable cash you think your customer base has at each tour stop.

We will see. But one is pretty strict.

42 minutes ago, Flankmank said:

If I'm reading correctly they sold to people without tickets starting hours before the show.  Seems wrong to me with or without limits.  Average fan coming for show is screwed.  Oh well.  Got mine.

Correct, you could wait on line, get a wristband, go through security and go to the merch stand all before being asked to show your ticket.

That's a flaw in the system, however it is the same it's been at other venues with the outdoors mobile merch stands that were set up in the parking lots. There were people there who could walk into the lot and go to those stands without a ticket. 

1 hour ago, Flankmank said:

If I'm reading correctly they sold to people without tickets starting hours before the show.  Seems wrong to me with or without limits.  Average fan coming for show is screwed.  Oh well.  Got mine.

I see no problem in this setup seeing as there are lithos reserved for ticket-holding fans inside the venue. The problem is that they didn't appear to have a restriction on how many you could buy inside the venue, so they still managed to screw over the average fan.

• Like 1

I like the Duff one the best. I really like the design and colour of the Slash one, but maybe he could've given him Slash hair. Only the Slash hat is too subtle compared to the others. I think if the others had been more subtle, I'd like this even more. It's just that the others were obviously Duff and Axl, while this is just a film character with Slash's hat.

It would still be really cool to have all three though, and even each individually, because I love the colours and design.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The Duff litho is the best one. I had hopes of acquiring all 3 and framing the lithos together, but the Slash one isn’t Slash. Arian missed an opportunity to make something special. Whoever approves these lithos should have rejected this one with a mandate of , “needs more Slash”.

Maybe Slash is a trademarked symbol 

12 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

So they had a line before security and off to the far right, next to the Pensy Food Hall. That line had about 50 people in it by 4:30.

You could walk through security and go to the merch stands without waiting on that line but once you got to the stand and tried to buy a poster they wouldn't sell it to you. You HAVE to wait on that first like and get a wristband.

They gave our wristbands at 5. After you get a wristband you go through security, line up to the merch stand, it's one litho per person. And they take your wristband when you buy it. You can try to go back into that initial line and get a second wristband but thats no guarantee. 

The only way to guarantee you're gonna get a spare is if you bring a friend to buy one as well. They were extremely strict about this. I have no idea how someone could have bought ten. One security guard told me I could try to buy one at the end of the night if there were some left, but they were all gone before the encore.

By the way poster tubes are allowed in and the was even a guy selling them for $5 in the wristband line.

They did that for Pearl Jam there in 08

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Anybody here end up with the Slash litho? How strict were they about 1 per tonight?

They were strict both yesterday and today, 1 per person. Yesterday, there were wrist bands, today there were no wrist bands, but same rules. People were lined up to purchase and the stand opened at 5pm.  They were strict tonight as well, 2 guys were using 1 credit card and were denied as it somehow constituted multiples.  The slash lith/shirt is a bit funny looking, when I got there someone showed me his tshirt and I blurted out, "what's that, looks nothing like slash, haha!" He wasn't amused.