Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 10/15/2017 at 7:25 PM, makdaddy said:

No limits inside - saw guy buy last 10 - with people behind him raising hell

They had them outside section 212 before the guy bought the last ten including the one hanging up on display

This doesn't sound right. 

15 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I see no problem in this setup seeing as there are lithos reserved for ticket-holding fans inside the venue. The problem is that they didn't appear to have a restriction on how many you could buy inside the venue, so they still managed to screw over the average fan.

Did you actually see for yourself, lithos inside the venue? and did you see multiples being sold inside the venue? I ask because I know for certain that the bulk were sold pre show. Highly unlikely people were buying multiples inside the venue if there were any liths to buy at all. I left around 530pm yesterday to take mine home and around 170 were already gone and there were people behind me and on the other side of the stand plus more people running inside like nervous maniacs. When I came back I saw liths no where. 

Yup saw it myself Sunday - only one stand that I walked by inside had them for sale - right outside section 212 - they actually had a nice glass display set up with the merch including the litho - i have a pixxx but not sure how to upload and they still had lithos as of 7:30, i actually thought of getting in line to get one more but as i said saw a guy by the last 10 or so including the display one which caused a commotion with people in line behind him but the guy selling it said there were no limits to the people behind the guy who were complayining.

36 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

Anyone know the dimensions and measurements of the lithos. I'm out looking for a frame and I have the wells Fargo one and it's 18 x 24 and another Philly one but don't know the measurements --- they all the same?

Most of them are 18 x 24. I believe every North American show was that size.

8 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Wtf?? Slash with a mustache, shorter hair, one eye and a smoke dangling out of his mouth??? Weird...

I was hoping it would look like the duff and axl one. These were based off the Gangs of New York movie. Here is a comparison that Margot did for an example. So Slash's is actually the butcher with a Slash hat on. 

20171017_100620.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That makes sense, but do you know that for a fact?

Nope. But Slash would be the only m'f**ker in the band to do that...probably Perla honestly. Axl could have sued Bret Michael years ago if he did this haha 

but seriously I think this is why...nobody else was getting cuts from the lithos so Slash wasn't getting anything 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Nope. But Slash would be the only m'f**ker in the band to do that...probably Perla honestly. Axl could have sued Bret Michael years ago if he did this haha 

but seriously I think this is why...nobody else was getting cuts from the lithos so Slash wasn't getting anything 

Wait, are you actually being serious about this? I thought you were just joking around.

Firstly, Slash's likeness is in plenty of other lithos. Many of them by Arian Buhler, the same artist who did the NYC 3 litho - He's in Coachella 2, Osaka, Perth Bunyip, London 1, Vienna. And secondly, you wouldn't think the addition of the exact top hat design that Slash wears on an officially approved piece of GNR merchandise wouldn't constitute 'using his likeness'? Come on, guys. Don't read too much into it. Arian Buhler probably just preferred to make it look more like Bill the Butcher and that's all there is to it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Wait, are you actually being serious about this? I thought you were just joking around.

Firstly, Slash's likeness is in plenty of other lithos. Many of them by Arian Buhler, the same artist who did the NYC 3 litho - He's in Coachella 2, Osaka, Perth Bunyip, London 1, Vienna. And secondly, you wouldn't think the addition of the exact top hat design that Slash wears on an officially approved piece of GNR merchandise wouldn't constitute 'using his likeness'? Come on, guys. Don't read too much into it. Arian Buhler probably just preferred to make it look more like Bill the Butcher and that's all there is to it.

Repost pictures of lithos with Slash. A top hat alone wouldn't breach likeness. It would take a combination of hat, hair and sunglasses. 

But honestly idk. Just a possible explanation considering Slash is more of a symbol than any of the other guys. 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Repost pictures of lithos with Slash. A top hat alone wouldn't breach likeness. It would take a combination of hat, hair and sunglasses. 

But honestly idk. Just a possible explanation considering Slash is more of a symbol than any of the other guys. 

9Fxqd1M.jpg

Even has his name on it and done by the same artist. I think it's safe to say a it's not an issue of royalties.

26 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

9Fxqd1M.jpg

Even has his name on it and done by the same artist. I think it's safe to say a it's not an issue of royalties.

I feel like the AFD cross is grandfathered in. Again I could be wrong but they've used Izzy's and Steven's so might be something with that logo and those symbols only copyrighted to the original artist. 

But your probably right. Simply the artist wanted more Bill than Slash. Just odd considering the other two and again since it was Slash I just wouldn't have been surprised if there are some artistic legal hurdles with his image. 

The only shit I'd ever consider worth that kind of money would be original flyers from the Sunset Strip days. 

I think these lithos are cool as hell...I love most of them.  I think the rarer ones with awesome designs are definitely worth a few hundred bucks.  But anyone spending thousands on these is outta their damn mind!

Oh well...just cause he's asking for it doesn't mean he'll get it.  And at the end of the day, we're all free to spend our money however we want it.

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Oh well...just cause he's asking for it doesn't mean he'll get it.  And at the end of the day, we're all free to spend our money however we want it.

Hit the nail on the head right here. On both points!

I could put up a Little Rock litho and ask $99,999 for it, or whatever the upper limit is for items on Ebay - doesn't mean someone's gonna Buy It Now. Not to mention he's got "Make an Offer" as an option, so it's natural to go over the top with the BIN price.

But also like you said, if someone wants to spend their money on cigarettes or heroin or lottery tickets or smartphones or muscle cars or donate it to charity - as long as it's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.

8 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Note Bill the Butcher was the only one of the three pulled from the movie for these images that was an actual person with drawings of him in existence.  Maybe Mr Buhler....Buhler was reflecting that.  The Slash trademark stuff should go into a conspiracy theory thread.

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

The only shit I'd ever consider worth that kind of money would be original flyers from the Sunset Strip days. 

I think these lithos are cool as hell...I love most of them.  I think the rarer ones with awesome designs are definitely worth a few hundred bucks.  But anyone spending thousands on these is outta their damn mind!

Exactly.  I search ebay every day for GNR lithos, this is the first Madrid to hit any of the worldwide ebay sites, including ebay.es.  Its one of the best designs from the entire tour and the rarity goes without saying.  I talked to a few people who went to that show on the nighttrain forums, and they all said no one they knew got a litho because 50e was considered way too high for a poster in Spain, so its quite possible not many were sold in the first place.  So yeah its really expensive, but all things considered, it might be worth it to someone.  I've seen collectors spend crazy money on things they can't put on the wall and enjoy every day.

Edited by liqddynamite

Hey guys a little late here as I just found this site but I'm looking for the Winnipeg poster, I have Edmonton to trade and a bunch of non GnR, also can anyone tell me what artist did it? So far the only artist I can find is Arian Buhler but I don't think he did that one, are all of the prints only available at shows? Thanks guys.