Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

1 hour ago, Edward Nigma said:

Does anybody have a clue or an inclination that after 'Not In This Lifetime Tour' has concluded the official guns site could mass produce official posters based on all the lithographs from the tour dates? 

There's been no indication that will happen.  It also wouldn't really be the right thing to do, considering everyone who has one, bought it under the understanding its a limited edition out of xxx # prints.

2 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Ah right, didnt know that. Thought it looked like a buhler design, esp with the font placement and choices.

Nah, if you look at the design of El Paso and San Antonio, the infotext is done exactly the same way. In fact, the yellow color is exactly the same as El Paso.

Although I do get what you're saying - Buhler almost started a bit of a 'standard' with Hannover, Copenhagen and Paris in terms of infotext layout but he mixes it up more than he doesn't. Timothy Lenoir is 3 for 3 with this current kind of "date LOCATION IN CAPITALS arena name"

17 hours ago, Kearnsy said:

Love the poster. Im guessing thats Paul Revere's midnight ride

It is Paul Revere’s midnight ride and that is the Old North Church in the background.

The British occupied Boston because the Massachusetts colonists were considered a bunch of rabble-rousers. Everyone knew the British would march on Concord to seize the armory there (Concord is about 20 miles outside Boston), but they didn’t know how or when.

They devised a system where they would place one lantern in the bell tower of the Old North Church if the army was coming by land, and two lanterns if they were coming by sea (sneaking the army across the Charles River in the middle of the night).

One night, the British launched boats and tried to sneak their Army across the river. Paul Revere and a few other riders rode off in the middle of the night to warn everyone that they were coming. They woke everyone in the towns on the way to Concord and all the farmers grabbed their muskets.

By the time the British got to Concord, the colonists had moved all the arms and had mustered a large group of Minutemen from all the surrounding towns. They met the British at the Old North Bridge and it was a running bloody fight all the way 20 miles back to Boston.

The details of the lithograph are spot on with the two lanterns showing in the window of the old North Church and the Paul Revere statue is only a short distance away in sight of the bell tower.

I love that a lot of these lithographs take advantage of the local history as well as invoking cool imagery. It really makes them special and mine is going to look cool next to the two I have from the Foxboro shows last year.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

It is Paul Revere’s midnight ride and that is the Old North Church in the background.

The British occupied Boston because the Massachusetts colonists were considered a bunch of rabble-rousers. Everyone knew the British would march on Concord to seize the armory there (Concord is about 20 miles outside Boston), but they didn’t know how or when.

They devised a system where they would place one lantern in the bell tower of the Old North Church if the army was coming by land, and two lanterns if they were coming by sea (sneaking the army across the Charles River in the middle of the night).

One night, the British launched boats and tried to sneak their Army across the river. Paul Revere and a few other riders rode off in the middle of the night to warn everyone that they were coming. They woke everyone in the towns on the way to Concord and all the farmers grabbed their muskets.

By the time the British got to Concord, the colonists had moved all the arms and had mustered a large group of Minutemen from all the surrounding towns. They met the British at the Old North Bridge and it was a running bloody fight all the way 20 miles back to Boston.

The details of the lithograph are spot on with the two lanterns showing in the window of the old North Church and the Paul Revere statue is only a short distance away in sight of the bell tower.

I love that a lot of these lithographs take advantage of the local history as well as invoking cool imagery. It really makes them special and mine is going to look cool next to the two I have from the Foxboro shows last year.

Love some old US history.

Not that this has anything to do with the recent litho, but any theories as to why there were so many Tokyo Godzilla lithos available on eBay when they only printed 500. In comparison to Osaka where there was 750 and a lot less up for grabs on eBay?

Does it only have to do with the fact that Osaka is the more desirable print, or do we think there was foul play with some of the Tokyo Godzilla prints? Should have brought it up at the time but only started to think about it now.

32 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Not that this has anything to do with the recent litho, but any theories as to why there were so many Tokyo Godzilla lithos available on eBay when they only printed 500. In comparison to Osaka where there was 750 and a lot less up for grabs on eBay?

Does it only have to do with the fact that Osaka is the more desirable print, or do we think there was foul play with some of the Tokyo Godzilla prints? Should have brought it up at the time but only started to think about it now.

Two theories, the first is definitely true:

1) Osaka was the first concert back for that leg, not everyone was back in the merch-collecting mood - I bought my lithos after the concert, the lithos were surprisingly in a single stack and mine were still only in the 400s. There were far more foreigners at the Tokyo show than the Osaka and Kobe show, without a doubt

2) Someone said they made 500 Tokyo Zilla lithos for each of the two days. So technically there might be up to 1000 Tokyo Zillas. I haven't come across any duplicates so can't confirm this though.

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

Two theories, the first is definitely true:

1) Osaka was the first concert back for that leg, not everyone was back in the merch-collecting mood - I bought my lithos after the concert, the lithos were surprisingly in a single stack and mine were still only in the 400s. There were far more foreigners at the Tokyo show than the Osaka and Kobe show, without a doubt

2) Someone said they made 500 Tokyo Zilla lithos for each of the two days. So technically there might be up to 1000 Tokyo Zillas. I haven't come across any duplicates so can't confirm this though.

Very cool. Thanks for the insight.

@mikeman5150 I don't have an extra Pittsburgh but I will tell you it's one of my sleeper pics for most underrated. It looks amazing in person with the little flakes of molten steel.