Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I must admit... I thought it was disappointing at first, but like, three hours later and I'm actually loving it :headbang:

The parchment paper is cool. I like when the lithos are printed with paper that have textures. Are you aware of the artists have input on what paper the lithos are printed on?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The parchment paper is cool. I like when the lithos are printed with paper that have textures. Are you aware of the artists have input on what paper the lithos are printed on?

I know they can make requests/demands on how something is printed but do not have the final say. They can *insist* that something be done a certain way but until they see the final product, they have no way of knowing if they followed through on every instruction. I don't think it's ever an issue for the most part, although I know South America this year was definitely a challenge in terms of execution. For example (I'll have to check my notes but) I'm pretty sure Santiago was supposed to printed on black paper but wasn't, which resulted in a less than ideal final product.

16 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I know they can make requests/demands on how something is printed but do not have the final say. They can *insist* that something be done a certain way but until they see the final product, they have no way of knowing if they followed through on every instruction. I don't think it's ever an issue for the most part, although I know South America this year was definitely a challenge in terms of execution. For example (I'll have to check my notes but) I'm pretty sure Santiago was supposed to printed on black paper but wasn't, which resulted in a less than ideal final product.

I reached out the artist and he said he  contacted the printer directly to request parchment.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

Next stop is Cleveland Ohio, the Mistake on the Lake.  The town of my birth.  Home to the most embarrassing choke artists in Major League Baseball.

I'm excited to see what they'll come up with.  Something to do with the Rock Hall maybe?  LeBron James' skeleton dunking?  A skeletal baseball team shitting the bed?  Maybe some kind of nod to the Dead Boys or NIN?  Or the fat skeleton of Drew Carey drinking a beer?

Yeah, Cleveland isn't known for much.  I just hope it's better than that tea kettle.  Or Little Rock...damn that was shitty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Next stop is Cleveland Ohio, the Mistake on the Lake.  The town of my birth.  Home to the most embarrassing choke artists in Major League Baseball.

I'm excited to see what they'll come up with.  Something to do with the Rock Hall maybe?  LeBron James' skeleton dunking?  A skeletal baseball team shitting the bed?  Maybe some kind of nod to the Dead Boys or NIN?  Or the fat skeleton of Drew Carey drinking a beer?

Yeah, Cleveland isn't known for much.  I just hope it's better than that tea kettle.  Or Little Rock...damn that was shitty.

This is our hometown show as well. You would think that the Rock Hall would be the basis for the print. But since Axl "refused acceptance" in 2012, I am curious to see if they use it. We were at that induction ceremony and everyone was very gracious in what they said about him (except maybe Chris Rock). But I assume it is still a tough subject for the group.