ZoSoRose

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I also have an extra Slash that Id like to trade for an Axl if anyone can grab an extra. It was almost impossible to get a Duff on Sat with the amount of douchebags buying 20-30 at a time.

So only festivals have been announced for Europe 2018 so far, right?  Which means it may be unlikely that they'll have unique lithos at each show.  They didn't have one at Rock in Rio this year as far as I know...but they had them at Coachella.

Who knows...guess we have to wait and see.

But we have two left for the NITL 2016-2017 tour.  San Diego which could be anything related to that city....I've been there but all I remember was the Navy ships.

And then for the last show of the year (possibly last litho ever) we're getting the third LA skeleton by Arian Buhler....Axl!   Slash's glasses said "Holly Wood"...Duff's said "Fuck Off"...any guesses what Axl's will say?

4 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

So only festivals have been announced for Europe 2018 so far, right?  Which means it may be unlikely that they'll have unique lithos at each show.  They didn't have one at Rock in Rio this year as far as I know...but they had them at Coachella.

Who knows...guess we have to wait and see.

But we have two left for the NITL 2016-2017 tour.  San Diego which could be anything related to that city....I've been there but all I remember was the Navy ships.

And then for the last show of the year (possibly last litho ever) we're getting the third LA skeleton by Arian Buhler....Axl!   Slash's glasses said "Holly Wood"...Duff's said "Fuck Off"...any guesses what Axl's will say?

Nope, there is a fair amount of non-festival gigs as well! :)

2 hours ago, GhostOfPride said:

DPwgyoWU8AA8w6s.jpg:large

I was shocked to find this is a Buhler. I think it needs more contrast, and the colors are ugly. Also the eyeball riding a microphone sets me off, because mics aren’t associated with rock n roll like guitars and drums, so why include it?

19 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

...any guesses what Axl's will say?

TACO BELL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did you guys even read what he wrote about it on his instagram?

"My official poster design for tonight’s GNR show in San Diego. The design is a direct homage to one of my all time favorite surf and poster designers, Rick Griffin. This particular design was originally done for Zap Comix. It was a tribute to Rick Griffin who was supposed to do the cover but tragically died in a motorcycle accident before he was able to do so. He’s from Southern California, and his influence on the surf and music world can’t be overstated. Thank you Mr. Griffin."

A two second google image search turns this up:

zap13-1stb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Did you guys even read what he wrote about it on his instagram?

"My official poster design for tonight’s GNR show in San Diego. The design is a direct homage to one of my all time favorite surf and poster designers, Rick Griffin. This particular design was originally done for Zap Comix. It was a tribute to Rick Griffin who was supposed to do the cover but tragically died in a motorcycle accident before he was able to do so. He’s from Southern California, and his influence on the surf and music world can’t be overstated. Thank you Mr. Griffin."

A two second google image search turns this up:

zap13-1stb.jpg

I was aware of what he wrote and the significance of it to Arian. And I appreciate it, but as an image for the band I did not enjoy it. There is absolutely nothing “GNR” about it. 

• Like 1

A bit disappointing, IMO. Was expecting it to picture his present day look, as the previous two did with Slash and Duff.

Looks kinda off, if you're planning to display them on a wall.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baldek said:

Looks kinda off, if you're planning to display them on a wall.

I can get past that, but the apostrophe missing from the Duff poster would ignite my OCD. They can’t even keep it consistent over the span of a set of three posters?

51 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

GUNS-N-ROSES-RARE-POSTER-AXL-ROSE-LA-FORUM-11-29-LAST-SHOW

Another one is up. Looks to be the real deal

The concept of a trio of lithos is great, but that is just weak. They botched both attempts this leg.

He cheated.  No sunglasses.  I was kinda expecting maybe "Don't Cry" as the words on his shades cause this is the last GNR show for a while.

Young Axl and modern Slash and Duff is nothing new if you've got the Funko Pop figures.

Actually....on second glance...he does have fat rolls/turkey neck in the litho.  Maybe it IS modern Axl

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2017 at 5:12 PM, GhostOfPride said:

DPwgyoWU8AA8w6s.jpg:large

I got the shirt.

I like it cuz the design is on the back. the front just has a small bullet logo on the upper right

The Axl one would have been a lot better as a skeleton instead of a zombie. Oh well! Buhler is still the GNR Litho MVP

• Like 1