Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

5 hours ago, 3rdandPerlo said:

skassi, would be happy to.  It’s textured and there’s some purple in the matting.  IMO, the picture doesn’t do it justice.

Currently out of town, but will share when I get home later this week.

Cheers!

Thank you. 😊 

@PirateRadio I have the Boston litho above, which is why I really liked that example, and also have Vancouver. This is not mine, it is owned by a lady named Shirley, but I saved a copy of her image for future reference. Another idea. :)

It was done at Costco. 

14jq0c6.jpg

I have a lot of black walnut kicking around here and might consider doing something with that if I can find a nice idea. 

Also http://tinypic.com/index.php works great for a quick upload with a link to past here on the forum.

Edited by skassi

2 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

Awesome Awesome Awesome!! I love the feedback so far!

Even though I went only to 11/29, I know I’ll end up getting the other two from LA. Imagine...just image if the other two cats were with the bad and they had similar Lithos. But I know...that’s neither here nor there.

For uploading pictures I’ve used imgur.com, ever since photobucket shit the bucket - Imgur has an easy to use app as well. 

If you can, give that website/app a shot. Would love to see more framed lithos!! The LA shows are 36x18 so it will definitely be a custom job. 

https://imgur.com/a/Y8YSk

https://imgur.com/gallery/iJWOb

there are my framed lithos. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 2

Just got my hands on a Boston one to go alongside my London 1 litho, Print quality doesnt seem as good and the picture is a bit darker/harder to see overall. Nice litho but has anyone else noticed the NA ones seem to be lower quality than europe? This is my first non europe litho.

7 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Just got my hands on a Boston one to go alongside my London 1 litho, Print quality doesnt seem as good and the picture is a bit darker/harder to see overall. Nice litho but has anyone else noticed the NA ones seem to be lower quality than europe? This is my first non europe litho.

They certainly used different ink on some arena shows. The Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee shows were almost 2 months ago and the ink still smells strong on the ones I bought.

2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Sorry, do not have a euro show for comparison but I have Boston and Vancouver. The paper quality is the same but the ink on the Boston one doesn't seem to be as good. The ink looks to have been put on heavy (maybe because it's so dark?) and there are some pitty spots. It has a bit of a texture to it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skassi said:

Sorry, do not have a euro show for comparison but I have Boston and Vancouver. The paper quality is the same but the ink on the Boston one doesn't seem to be as good. The ink looks to have been put on heavy (maybe because it's so dark?) and there are some pitty spots. It has a bit of a texture to it. 

Yeah this mirrors my thoughts. Shame theres not as much consistency with the prints. Still a nice lithograph though

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

At first I thought you were talking about Hartford and I thought, "What is this guy smoking?! Hartford has an amazing unique texture!" :lol: But then I realized you were talking about the Paul Revere design.

Europe was special in that they used the same paper and the same printing company for all the lithos, so you have consistency across the entire collection (except Paris for obvious reasons). But North America in both 2016 and 2017 had lithos that varied wildly in printing quality, paper quality, paper thickness and paper texture. Coachella used shitty paper, New Orleans has thin paper, Foxboro is beautiful, Seattle has a grainy print like LA and SD 2016, MSG and LA 2017 trilogies use a very fancy textured paper, Hershey uses almost like a photo glossy paper, Toronto 2017 has a pretty fancy satin finish to it, I could go on and on...

I think that either the printing company that Timothy Lenoir (the artist for Boston) uses or simply his design style has more of a grainy finish to it - so if you look at his designs in detail (El Paso, San Antonio et al) they all have pretty noticeable grain to them. His designs are not the only one like that. Personally I kinda like the inconsistency - it gives it all a wild feel and gives each litho or region its own personality in a tiny way. I'm not a big fan of them changing the sizes randomly but the change in paper and print is cool. It gives us more to debate and complain about like dorks haha "Oh I wish they had printed this litho design but on THAT litho's paper!" They should've made THIS section foil like they did on THAT litho!" :lol:

• Like 2

I got the Hartford lithograph this Christmas since it was the show I went to.  The not in this lifetime lithos are awesome.  I was never into individual show artwork until this tour.  It reminded me of Flyer I bought in 2001 for the 01-01-01 vegas show.  I finally found it after digging through boxes I put away s long time ago.  Does anyone know if this official from the band or not? 

30augaq.jpg

Edited by 1987b

12 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

At first I thought you were talking about Hartford and I thought, "What is this guy smoking?! Hartford has an amazing unique texture!" :lol: But then I realized you were talking about the Paul Revere design.

Europe was special in that they used the same paper and the same printing company for all the lithos, so you have consistency across the entire collection (except Paris for obvious reasons). But North America in both 2016 and 2017 had lithos that varied wildly in printing quality, paper quality, paper thickness and paper texture. Coachella used shitty paper, New Orleans has thin paper, Foxboro is beautiful, Seattle has a grainy print like LA and SD 2016, MSG and LA 2017 trilogies use a very fancy textured paper, Hershey uses almost like a photo glossy paper, Toronto 2017 has a pretty fancy satin finish to it, I could go on and on...

I think that either the printing company that Timothy Lenoir (the artist for Boston) uses or simply his design style has more of a grainy finish to it - so if you look at his designs in detail (El Paso, San Antonio et al) they all have pretty noticeable grain to them. His designs are not the only one like that. Personally I kinda like the inconsistency - it gives it all a wild feel and gives each litho or region its own personality in a tiny way. I'm not a big fan of them changing the sizes randomly but the change in paper and print is cool. It gives us more to debate and complain about like dorks haha "Oh I wish they had printed this litho design but on THAT litho's paper!" They should've made THIS section foil like they did on THAT litho!" :lol:

Yeah, i do like the differences I just wish it was down to style as at times it appears to be quality. Hershey is a really nice one, have seen one IRL and the gloss finish is classy. With this specific example it was more due to my desire to match boston with london. Dont get me wrong they look good together but it also highlights just how good the style and execution of london 1 is.

Im after a denver or yokohama litho one day, do you have any info on the artist and the print itself for these?

9 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

That frame style used on the Bill The Butcher litho is outstanding! Definitely gotta try and match the theme with the frame imho!

Thanks, Blake!  I worked with the Frame Shop manager at my local Jo-Ann Fabrics on all three.  The Philly litho is a bit understated for my taste, but I couldn’t be happier with Boston and NYC.