Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I guess that's a start, but still too many for one person to buy with such a small print run, but it does cut down on the crap that went down before with people buying entire stacks at tables. Pearl Jam has only allowed 1 per person for years. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

16 of the 23 lithos from Europe last year were 150 or less. These are normal numbers for Europe.

Ah, thanks for the info...I didn't realize that. Are the lithos just not as popular over there? It's weird that the print run for US arenas was twice what they are for Euro stadiums.

2 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Ah, thanks for the info...I didn't realize that. Are the lithos just not as popular over there? It's weird that the print run for US arenas was twice what they are for Euro stadiums.

Comparatively, yeah. Everyone goes crazy for shirts.

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

I guess that's a start, but still too many for one person to buy with such a small print run, but it does cut down on the crap that went down before with people buying entire stacks at tables. Pearl Jam has only allowed 1 per person for years. 

Those mentioned 4 lithos were for three different people, as in: one person bought 4 but they were for 3 different people

Edited by RageKage

5 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Does anybody know if the Berlin lithograph came flat packed into the cardboard sleeves like they've previously done?

Yes it did. A guy behind me had 2 of them. He tore the flat packs to be able to roll the lithos and used the cardboard to roll around them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brose said:

Yes it did. A guy behind me had 2 of them. He tore the flat packs to be able to roll the lithos and used the cardboard to roll around them

Genius, yeah that’s what I’m gonna have to do as I’ll have to keep them safe in a campsite!

As far as multiple litho's goes, I agree there should be a limit but it should be more than 1 per person. When I bought mine in 2017, I had to buy 2 because the person holding my spot in the GA line couldn't get his. At the Gorge show I got 3, but one was for someone on here. 3 or 4 would be a reasonable limit - nobody's walking away with stacks of lithos anymore but 1 person can probably still buy enough for the group of people they're with at a show.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As far as multiple litho's goes, I agree there should be a limit but it should be more than 1 per person. When I bought mine in 2017, I had to buy 2 because the person holding my spot in the GA line couldn't get his. At the Gorge show I got 3, but one was for someone on here. 3 or 4 would be a reasonable limit - nobody's walking away with stacks of lithos anymore but 1 person can probably still buy enough for the group of people they're with at a show.

Agreed. People rarely go to concerts and festivals alone and you're always doing favors for friends. One person waiting in line while a couple people park a car or go to the bathroom etc. 1 per person is just a little too restrictive. Lots of other bands have plenty of reasonable solutions to this problem. I think Metallica sells a few hundred at the show and a few hundred online. Seriously, what is wrong with this idea? Of all the items GNR sells at their concerts, the litho is easily the most delicate and the number one merch item you DON'T want to try to protect while rocking the fuck out at a concert. Selling them inside the venue, preventing people from taking them back to their car or hotel room while also not allowing them to bring in a protective tube - that's just mean and inconsiderate.

At least some of the concerts, the staff provide the option of leaving the merchandise at the booth for collection after the concert. That's a great idea but isn't implemented with any consistency. You have no idea whether that option will be available until you're standing there at the merch booth. At the Forum shows last year, they sold Uline tubes at the merch booth, which was a great idea! But again no consistency because I don't think they offered them for sale at any other concerts. A lot of us love to joke about Metallica's merch monster but dammit, at least they've got a lot of it running like a well-oiled machine. I would love for GNR to step up their merch game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Agreed. People rarely go to concerts and festivals alone and you're always doing favors for friends. One person waiting in line while a couple people park a car or go to the bathroom etc. 1 per person is just a little too restrictive. Lots of other bands have plenty of reasonable solutions to this problem. I think Metallica sells a few hundred at the show and a few hundred online. Seriously, what is wrong with this idea? Of all the items GNR sells at their concerts, the litho is easily the most delicate and the number one merch item you DON'T want to try to protect while rocking the fuck out at a concert. Selling them inside the venue, preventing people from taking them back to their car or hotel room while also not allowing them to bring in a protective tube - that's just mean and inconsiderate.

At least some of the concerts, the staff provide the option of leaving the merchandise at the booth for collection after the concert. That's a great idea but isn't implemented with any consistency. You have no idea whether that option will be available until you're standing there at the merch booth. At the Forum shows last year, they sold Uline tubes at the merch booth, which was a great idea! But again no consistency because I don't think they offered them for sale at any other concerts. A lot of us love to joke about Metallica's merch monster but dammit, at least they've got a lot of it running like a well-oiled machine. I would love for GNR to step up their merch game.

It would be great if they did those things; selling a second batch online, selling/providing protective tubes, or just allowing you to leave it at the booth until after the show. You would think, with some of the things they've put their name on, that making more money off extra lithos in their official store would be obvious. Whether that means a different amount of extras for NA, Europe or Asia, I don't know, I have no idea what the demographic for lithos is or how well they sell in any given place. But there's obviously a market for them that exceeds 150-300 people per show.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be great if they did those things; selling a second batch online, selling/providing protective tubes, or just allowing you to leave it at the booth until after the show. You would think, with some of the things they've put their name on, that making more money off extra lithos in their official store would be obvious. Whether that means a different amount of extras for NA, Europe or Asia, I don't know, I have no idea what the demographic for lithos is or how well they sell in any given place. But there's obviously a market for them that exceeds 150-300 people per show.

The first two Vegas shows had 1000 lithos each. Last year, Hameenlinna and Prague had 80 lithos each. How the fuck did we get here? :facepalm: GNR obviously loves to make as much money as they can from willing fans but they're so obviously leaving money on the table here. Just so so strange. Plot that on a graph and I'm half expecting that by the time Abu Dhabi and Johannesburg roll around, we'll be required to hand back lithos :lol:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...