Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

4 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Any sign of the Download France lithograph yet?

This was on the merch thread, so presume will be the same Litho :wacko:

Not sure the connection with Iain Dowie but hey ho

Df0WHULXcAIG-2O.jpg

Edited by UK_GNR
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, UK_GNR said:

This was on the merch thread, so presume will be the same Litho :wacko:

Not sure the connection with Iain Dowie but hey ho

Df0WHULXcAIG-2O.jpg

Haha! Does look just like him! As a charlton fan that is a bit of a sore subject...

Cheers!

3 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Anyone else find it strange they used Mona Lisa for an Italian Show one before Paris?!

Not really, it's by Leonardo Da Vinci and it's real name is La Gioconda.

Axl knows his art, as would the illustrator, so it was great to see them use that for Florence. 

I understand what you mean, with it being in the Louvre in Paris, but good on them for honouring one of Italy's greats in his own country.

• Like 1

That Quasimodo one is fuccckkkingg ugggggllllyyy.

Definitely a finalist for ugliest lithos of the entire tour.  Who the hell would ever wanna look over at that ugly mongo looking creep framed on their wall and think "Wow, that France GNR show was a lot of fun."

Gross.

Oh well.....the glow in the dark Paris is one of the best of all time.   I guess this just even things out.

What a turd of a design.  I can't remember the last time I felt such instant revulsion when the litho was unveiled.

• Haha 1

Looking for a Guns N’ Roses Firenze for my collection “ the Mona Lisa “ Hoping somebody here can trade or sell for reasonable price if they have an extra, I have traded here before with great success, looking to add to my collection, also looking for a Berlin litho for trade or reasonable cash offer, hoping somebody can help.  Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

PwYT6R.jpg

Just back from Graspop. Quite like the design. Can anyone enlighten me on who the artist is? See a little mark down below the ‘e’ in ‘June’. In addition, is anyone aware of the significance of this one?

The saxophone was invented by a Belgian, Adolphe Sax. The glass seems to be a Duvel glass to me.

No Buhlers so far.

No wonder they haven't been very good.

I do hope you're all visiting lithorati.com as it's been updating frequently as soon as the new lithos come out.

I was going to keep my thread going, but honestly, there's no point cause this website does everything I intended and does it better.

Got a question about the artist or the influence of the design?  Don't bother asking here...just go there and get it firsthand!

• Like 4

The first Mannheim one is great.  Karl Benz first drove the patent motor wagen (first car ever registered) in 1886 in Mannheim I think.  This 3 wheeler is what I think is represented in this litho. As a Mercedes fan and a a GnR litho fan, id like this, but not for the 250 euro ive seen listed so far!

Edited by AussieHrvat
more info
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody have any information on the Lisbon litho from last year? - Was it sold out? Has it been seen on eBay?

I was at the gig but didn't bother to pick one up since I flew in and didn't think of putting a poster tube in my carry on.. Have been looking for it ever since with no luck!

5 hours ago, Randy-Lahey said:

Does anybody have any information on the Lisbon litho from last year? - Was it sold out? Has it been seen on eBay?

I was at the gig but didn't bother to pick one up since I flew in and didn't think of putting a poster tube in my carry on.. Have been looking for it ever since with no luck!

http://lithorati.com/europe2017/2017-06-02 Lisbon.html

Yeah I managed to pick up number 343/350 at the end of the show so pretty safe to say it was sold out.

12 hours ago, AussieHrvat said:

The first Mannheim one is great.  Karl Benz first drove the patent motor wagen (first car ever registered) in 1886 in Mannheim I think.  This 3 wheeler is what I think is represented in this litho. As a Mercedes fan and a a GnR litho fan, id like this, but not for the 250 euro ive seen listed so far!

The second one shows castle Frankenstein, about 50km away from Mannheim.

Edited by fred stoeber