Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

10 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

http://lithorati.com/europe2017/2017-06-02 Lisbon.html

Yeah I managed to pick up number 343/350 at the end of the show so pretty safe to say it was sold out.

Thanks for the reply, I was there all day so had plenty of time to pick it up, kicking myself I didn't as I qued long enough to get the t-shirt of it.

At least with them all being sold there might be a chance it pops up on eBay down the road...

1 hour ago, Mcs953 said:

Anybody here have an extra slane castle for trade or sale for a reasonable price, I know there is one up on eBay, however that is a little bit more than I am willing to pay, hoping a true fan or collector can help me.

I hate to break it to you, but that $600 for slane on ebay is a good deal.  Its only the second one to ever hit ebay, and only the third I've ever heard of changing hands (and I'm in touch with a couple huge litho collectors).  It poured rain throughout that entire concert, in a 100% open air venue that's basically one big field.  People who spent 50 pounds on their litho then had to protect it for 3 hours during the show.  As a result, very few were sold and the fans who did buy them are very attached to them.  

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

I hate to break it to you, but that $600 for slane on ebay is a good deal.  Its only the second one to ever hit ebay, and only the third I've ever heard of changing hands (and I'm in touch with a couple huge litho collectors).  It poured rain throughout that entire concert, in a 100% open air venue that's basically one big field.  People who spent 50 pounds on their litho then had to protect it for 3 hours during the show.  As a result, very few were sold and the fans who did buy them are very attached to them.  

Damn, I wasn’t aware of the conditions. So you postulate that maybe 50 or so we’re ruined or at least affected?

4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

I have to agree, I picked up #154 out of 400 and that was at the end of the gig on the way out. Its safe to assume less than half were sold. This is the first time Ive seen it listed on eBay so its no surprise the asking price is steep.

4 hours ago, brad_k said:

Thats why they should put unsold lithos on their online store

I cant understand why they don't. I seen the Rolling Stones in Dublin last month and their Litho was not on sale at the gig, it was on sale on the website afterwards. Im sure if Guns done it like this and printed them to order they would make a killing and wipe out the eBayers at the same time...

8 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Anybody here have an extra slane castle for trade or sale for a reasonable price, I know there is one up on eBay, however that is a little bit more than I am willing to pay, hoping a true fan or collector can help me.

A true fan or a collector are the last two people who are going to trade or sell something like Slane for a bargain price. A true fan is going to keep it because it's rare or maybe trade it to a good friend. A collector knows that the one on Ebay is pretty much a fair price.

Slane is unfortunately rare for multiple reasons and asking for one more than a year after the concert, you're lucky there's even one on Ebay to buy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Looking for a London 1 buhler, Paris buhler, Cincinnati buhler, or the most recent Madrid for trade or sale?  Let me know if anybody here has any extras?  Oh and a Kobe, but now I am probably just wishing.

thanks.

Why stop at all the rarest and most expensive ones? Why not ask for all of them? For free? Delivered to your door by naked supermodels? Maybe also a free house, a fleet of Lamborghinis and hell, throw in a jar of cookies that never runs out.

Some people, really.

Edited by amaninjapan
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Is that really necessary?  I am putting out a request to see if anybody might have an extra for sale or trade.  You have to put me down?

everybody likes a little ass but nobody likes a smartass!!!

And I never expected anything for free.

• Like 1

Just now, Mcs953 said:

Is that really necessary?  I am putting out a request to see if anybody might have an extra for sale or trade.  You have to put me down?

everybody likes a little ass but nobody likes a smartass!!!

Yes, it is. Because your request is seriously, seriously naive and idiotic.

No it is not, situations change and someone might have a litho I am looking for, your opinion and your opinion only, this will be my last response to you, unless you have one of the lithos I am interested in, I hope you have a great day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

No it is not, situations change and someone might have a litho I am looking for, your opinion and your opinion only, this will be my last response to you, unless you have one of the lithos I am interested in, I hope you have a great day.

lkyGNZg.gif

2 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

You have to understand the extreme amount of time and money that it takes to acquire that list of lithos.  Several people here have them, but they probably spent a hundred hours and plenty of money (well north of a grand per litho for most of your list) making it happen.  No one is going to just wake up one day and say "Yeah, I don't really think I need this Paris litho that took me 6 months to find and cost me $1,500, and this random guy on the forum with 20 posts wants a great deal on it, so I'm just going to take it out of the frame and fire-sale it to him because I'm in a good mood."  The only situation that is changing is that these lithos are going up in value every day. 

Your best shot is Madrid 2018 since that concert just happened, and that's where I agree with you, that litho will soon belong in that list for rarity and value.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

I understand, I am willing to pay or trade for fair market value, I am waiting patiently.

You didn’t want to pay the $600 for the Slane on eBay and that is a rare litho that doesn’t pop up very often... I hope your idea of fair market is the same as the people on this forum because there are some here that spent a lot of time and money acquiring the rare ones. Best of luck to you, but I think you are going to be S.O.L. unless you can dig deep into your pockets.