ZoSoRose

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Just wanted to put this up as an open post on this forum, some of the members here have criticized me as trying to take advantage of members here and obtain art for nothing, I would like everybody here to consider this, it is true that I am looking for the London 1, Paris, kobe and Cincinnati on here, I have been on communication with some members here and have been put down because I wouldn’t give them what they feel is fair, I would like everyone to consider, how do you. Or know that I didn’t get the slane litho from that seller or another seller and paid premium dollars for it. As an Irish American this is my favorite piece, I have seen the Cincinnati, two as a matter of fact go for less than 100 bucks on eBay, sane seller bought them, is that seller a member here?  Now the sellers want me to pay around 5 grand for these lithos?  I am in this for the art, I love the designs and I found one on here recently and messaged a member and bought it for what I consider premium dollars.  I read the old posts and I see some of these members complaining about people buying and selling on eBay, some of these members got these at cost and now want to gouge here, while I could pay 5 grand for these 4 lithos I won’t as guns and Roses could release copies tomorrow and the value could plummet.  Remember people, these cost 50 bucks a piece originally, so don’t put me down as I am in it for the love of the art.  If anybody wants to sell someday for price we could both agree, please feel to message me, but son’t Forget where you cane from, I hope everybody has a great day.

• Like 1

And I want a Lamorghini Countach.  Red.  And it should only cost $2000 cause that's all I feel like paying for it.

• Haha 1

You are just ignorant, take a basic economics class dude.

I hope you are not cashing out your 401k and investing everything in the Kobe’s, because that is a very bad retirement strategy.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Nobody is retiring on these things.  They are luxury items for aging Gen Xers with disposable incomes.  Personally, I think it's ridiculous to spend a thousand dollars on a piece of paper unless it's a hand drawn piece by your favorite artist.  But the market decides the value of an item.  It's worth whatever people are willing to spend.

I don't own a Cinci.  I'd fucking LOVE one.  I'd frame it and gaze upon it in awe every day.  But I'm not willing to spend the asking price, so I have resigned myself to just looking at the jpeg on my screen.

Sorry, life isn't fair.

These are a perk to concert goers.  That's all they ever were.  You didn't go to the show and you still want it?  Pony up the cash.  These are never getting reissued by the band cause that would require work and effort, and Team Brazil has proven that they're way too lazy for that kind of shit.

I own a few lithographs.  I stood in fucking line for hours to get them.  I'm keeping them, cause they represent a cherished memory of seeing my favorite band.  But if I ever were going to sell them, I'd put them on ebay for the going rate without batting an eye.  I stood in line and I bought them myself.  Anyone that did so can do whatever the hell they want with these.  Just cause they paid $50 for them doesn't mean they owe it to you to make sure you get your super rare highly sought after lithos for cost, or less. 

Good luck on getting that Cinci and Kobe and Paris, pal.

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you on the fact that the market drives what they are worth, as far as guns and Roses not reissuing a print, pure speculation on your part.  Kobe, Cincinnati, Paris, and London One, I too have stood in line for hours to get certain prints, however someone will sell one of each for a price I can live with, maybe after the tour?

No.  That's not going to happen.  These will not go down in price.

I'm also confident they will never be reprinted officially.  If GNR reissues them, I'll personally mail you a Kobe reprint for free.

About year ago seller on eBay names lucycoal sold them, same seller bought them, under 100, she sold two more, went for 300, if you wait long enough you can find them at a better rate, and believe me, I plan on paying more then 300 for a Cincinnati.

I have seen a New Orleans govfor 100 recently and I personally bought a Kansas City for 75 and a Boston 1 for 100, so i don’t Buy Into the fantasy that kobe is worth 2000 dollars.

15 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

About year ago seller on eBay names lucycoal sold them, same seller bought them, under 100, she sold two more, went for 300, if you wait long enough you can find them at a better rate, and believe me, I plan on paying more then 300 for a Cincinnati.

That's crazy...they still had Cincy lithos at the stand before the encore started.

13 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

I have seen a New Orleans govfor 100 recently and I personally bought a Kansas City for 75 and a Boston 1 for 100, so i don’t Buy Into the fantasy that kobe is worth 2000 dollars.

The Kobe is a different matter for a variety of reasons. And, I believe the going rate is a 1000$. I saw a hard back replication go for 500$ on eBay. The Kobe is hyped up, there are rarer lithos. 

3 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

That's crazy...they still had Cincy lithos at the stand before the encore started.

I believe that was before the litho craze started.

On 2018-06-30 at 9:13 PM, liqddynamite said:

I'm assuming our negotiation is over since you just took our private conversation to the public forum.  

Not that it really matters, but the ask for my Cinci is $750, not $700.  This is for the simple fact that I may never see another one, and there hasn't been one on ebay in so long you can't even look up sold items for it.  Feel free to look elsewhere for it.

I'm really not into rubbing things in peoples faces, that's basically the opposite of who I am, but I went out of my way to inform you of the current landscape and this is the thanks I got, so here you go:

None of these are for sale.

O8wTOMUh.jpg

Absolutely glorious.  That is quite the collection, and I assume a lot of hard work to obtain.  I understand the love affair so many have for Cincinnati and Kobe, but they are further down my list of favourites when comparing London 1 Madrid 2017 (Madrid 2018 has a chance to elevate the more I see it) Paris, Munich and Hannover.  But that's art.   Each has there own opinion.  

I hope you sit down with your favourite drink in hand and admire that wall once a day!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Miller1254 said:

Absolutely glorious.  That is quite the collection, and I assume a lot of hard work to obtain.  I understand the love affair so many have for Cincinnati and Kobe, but they are further down my list of favourites when comparing London 1 Madrid 2017 (Madrid 2018 has a chance to elevate the more I see it) Paris, Munich and Hannover.  But that's art.   Each has there own opinion.  

I hope you sit down with your favourite drink in hand and admire that wall once a day!!!!

Madrid 2018 is my new white whale. 

I gave a Madrid 2018, looking to trade for a London 1, Paris (buhler) or kobe.

thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

thanks.

Think youve posted this enough now :lol:

I have the lithos I bought at all of the shows I went to and I’ll love and cherish them forever. There was a period of like 2 or three months where I desperately wanted lithos from other shows, but I’m over that now. However, I believe that $300 or $400 for cooler lithos like Cincy or maybe Vegas night 2 is quite fair. Like someone said earlier, if people are willing to pay it then it is fair market value. I know if I ever wanted to sell mine (which I never will) I would squeeze every penny out of them.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Miller1254 said:

Thanks very much! (and to all others who commented).  It’s my home office and I spend most of my time in there, so I do indeed enjoy them every day.  33 framed GNR lithos total in the room.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

thanks.

Dude, just relax! All the posts and private messages hustling for certain lithos is just tiresome... we know what you have and what you are looking for by now... Just add a list to your signature, don’t waste anyone’s time and enjoy the board.

• Like 3