Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 6/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, liqddynamite said:

I'm assuming our negotiation is over since you just took our private conversation to the public forum.  

Not that it really matters, but the ask for my Cinci is $750, not $700.  This is for the simple fact that I may never see another one, and there hasn't been one on ebay in so long you can't even look up sold items for it.  Feel free to look elsewhere for it.

I'm really not into rubbing things in peoples faces, that's basically the opposite of who I am, but I went out of my way to inform you of the current landscape and this is the thanks I got, so here you go:

None of these are for sale.

O8wTOMUh.jpg

Professionally done?  If so, where?  Done yourself?  If so, where did you get the supplies?  Thanks, it all looks amazing

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Haven’t seen one on eBay in a while?

possibly someone in the forum might have one for sale or trade.

9 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’ve 

I’ve never seen one of those in eBay or formtrade on the forum. It’s the rarest print run of any litho. 

I actually have the northern lights one. I'm just curious. :D

18 hours ago, troccoli said:

Professionally done?  If so, where?  Done yourself?  If so, where did you get the supplies?  Thanks, it all looks amazing

Thanks man, yeah I did it myself, frames from hobby lobby (real glass on sale for $25/each), the euros are slightly smaller and need a sheet of black mat board behind them which I cut myself.  I also did wiring and wire brackets myself, measured the walls, etc.  Quite a commitment but it came out great.

• Like 3

London Ripper is in the top 5 or 10 most desirable lithos for factors of elegant, striking design as well as being one of the biggest cities in the world.

Perth is a big ugly spider. Red foil print is cool, but who the hell wants to look at a big nasty spider on the wall?

There's no comparison.  London Ripper is easily one of the very best out of all 150 + posters, and Perth would be lucky to crack to top 50.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

London Ripper is in the top 5 or 10 most desirable lithos for factors of elegant, striking design as well as being one of the biggest cities in the world.

Perth is a big ugly spider. Red foil print is cool, but who the hell wants to look at a big nasty spider on the wall?

There's no comparison.  London Ripper is easily one of the very best out of all 150 + posters, and Perth would be lucky to crack to top 50.

Totally agree in terms of design but as far as scarcity it might be the spider.

• Like 1

Axl, we all saw plenty of rippers for sale at the time.  i dont recall any perth lithos at any point?  Depends on your reasons for lithos, investment or visual enjoyment!

personally, i like the perth bunyip better than the perth spider but i have both. its odd they had two for one show!  the red foil does look sharp on the spider. remember this spider is the red back spider, found in western australia and are bloody dangerous (one put my wife in hospital last year whilst she sat by the pool!).  i would imagine heads up if they come on ebay, a spider is worth more as i think the odds of swapping or buying a spider are remote, compared to the number of rippers. 

I learnt after passing on the Italy Imola Ferrari litho previously, buy them soon after the show or they will disappear except at the mass produced shows! As a Mercedes and litho fan, I had to have the Mannheim one and paid heavily for it recently to avoid similar disappointment.  I dont think any Perth lithos will pop up again on ebay, whilst i imagine infrequently the rippers will for big dollars.

anyway, enjoy what you have.  i have more lithos than i can display now, but they all have their appeal.  I even have a spider shirt if anyone wants to swap it for something!  

23 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

Axl, we all saw plenty of rippers for sale at the time.  i dont recall any perth lithos at any point?  Depends on your reasons for lithos, investment or visual enjoyment!

personally, i like the perth bunyip better than the perth spider but i have both. its odd they had two for one show!  the red foil does look sharp on the spider. remember this spider is the red back spider, found in western australia and are bloody dangerous (one put my wife in hospital last year whilst she sat by the pool!).  i would imagine heads up if they come on ebay, a spider is worth more as i think the odds of swapping or buying a spider are remote, compared to the number of rippers. 

I learnt after passing on the Italy Imola Ferrari litho previously, buy them soon after the show or they will disappear except at the mass produced shows! As a Mercedes and litho fan, I had to have the Mannheim one and paid heavily for it recently to avoid similar disappointment.  I dont think any Perth lithos will pop up again on ebay, whilst i imagine infrequently the rippers will for big dollars.

anyway, enjoy what you have.  i have more lithos than i can display now, but they all have their appeal.  I even have a spider shirt if anyone wants to swap it for something!  

While I agree with most of your points, im not too sure on Rippers on eBay. I do think that Perth is more unlikely but I havent seen a ripper since close to the show, Seen plenty of London 2 though!

Personally my favourite AUS one is the melbourne tiger. 

Tru Axl, i should have stated that. i havent seen london1 on ebay for a while, but there were a few initially.  the aussie legs had some really shit ones.  im not such a fan of the melbourne tiger. the outrageous thing about that is that the tasmanian tiger (which is not the same as a tasmanian devil) was located in a completely different state to melbourne (in victoria).  its like having the loch ness monster on a london litho, or a bigfoot litho for miami! (come to think of it, why has a bigfoot not been done!)

Edited by AussieHrvat
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AussieHrvat said:

Tru Axl, i should have stated that. i havent seen london1 on ebay for a while, but there were a few initially.  the aussie legs had some really shit ones.  im not such a fan of the melbourne tiger. the outrageous thing about that is that the tasmanian tiger (which is not the same as a tasmanian devil) was located in a completely different state to melbourne (in victoria).  its like having the loch ness monster on a london litho, or a bigfoot litho for miami! (come to think of it, why has a bigfoot not been done!)

I've been keeping a close eye on eBay looking for London1, as it became somewhat of a white whale for me. I'm reasonably confident that there were only 3 copies available for sale since after the show (excluding multiple listings that got pulled by sellers, re-listings, Xerox copies etc).

First listing appeared the morning after the show by a commercial reseller from the US at below market price and got snapped quickly.

Second listing was done by the same seller at substantially above market price and it was available for a long time, going through multiple re-listings.

Third one was done by private seller - again , listed and cancelled a few times until one lucky guy managed to track it down :)

I feel reasonably confident in stating the above facts, as I had the eBay search alert set up since after the show. Again, don't confuse the number of listings with the number of lithos actually available.

I agree with you Alexpro as London 1, is an obsession of mine right now, that and three others, that seller on eBay sold it for 249 and I had the chance but hesitated, then the same seller sold it again for 449, again I hesitated and missed it, I am sure O e or two will appear on eBay or maybe there is someone who is looking to trade, slane castle was an obsession of mine and I finally got it, wasn’t cheap, but was worth every penny.

On 2 de octubre de 2017 at 12:05 AM, amaninjapan said:

qcvt2hP.jpg

Hi,

Do you happen to know the size of this poster?

I've found a person who sells it but I am a bit suspicious it could be fake, I find it kind of small (A3) and they are selling it cheaper than it was sold at the stadium.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hi,

Do you happen to know the size of this poster?

I've found a person who sells it but I am a bit suspicious it could be fake, I find it kind of small (A3) and they are selling it cheaper than it was sold at the stadium.

Just checked mine for you, its very nearly full size, like 24" tall and 17" wide, its slightly narrower than the standard lithos.