Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hi,

Do you happen to know the size of this poster?

I've found a person who sells it but I am a bit suspicious it could be fake, I find it kind of small (A3) and they are selling it cheaper than it was sold at the stadium.

Sounds like a photocopy to me.

There was a dude on eBay last year who was selling cheap A3 coloured photocopies of most lithos. Could be him or someone else

Unless some enterprising soul (pirate) starts churning out high quality repros, I think that lithorati.com is the only way most of us will ever enjoy our favorite images.

I personally have no problem with buying a repro as long as it's clearly labeled as such and priced accordingly.  Hell, I have this bad boy proudly hanging in my spare room and it sure as shit isn't an original, (cause you old school nerds know how much originals are worth,) but it's a LOVELY full size copy and was advertised as such and cost me 20 bucks.

ey0mNJw.jpg

I've been daydreaming about an oversized coffee table book with reproductions as a consolation from Team Brazil will never do it cause that's too much effort when "My Daddy Likes Guns N Fucking Roses" onesies for babies are easier and more profitable.

There's simply not enough of these to go around to all of us that want them and the prices are only going to climb and climb.

I don't want bootlegging scumbags to profit but I do wish someone with the means for production would make some nice repros of the more desirable ones, clearly marked, different sizes so as not to pass for an original.  But bootleg scumbags aren't known for their scruples, so I guess lithorati jpegs are the way to go for us that simply can't afford market value.

But like I said in an earlier post....these aren't for everyone.  We are NOT ENTITLED to own every poster.  They're perks and bonuses for attendees and devout fans willing to put in the legwork and put their wallet where their mouth it.

I hate to quote Axl's cliche, but it's apt:  "Life doesn't owe you a happy endng."

15 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Isnt half the fun in the hunt to get them and the exclusivity that brings? I'd like to own loads but really, nobody can display and enjoy that many. Repros would de value the whole thing, might as well be crap quality posters then.

Evergreen and neverending debate... I don't mind trading with the fellow collectors but feel bad about feeding eBay flippers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Just checked mine for you, its very nearly full size, like 24" tall and 17" wide, its slightly narrower than the standard lithos.

Yeah, it says size A3 (30cm x 42cm).... How did you get yours? Bought it at the show?

3 hours ago, Alexpro said:

Sounds like a photocopy to me.

There was a dude on eBay last year who was selling cheap A3 coloured photocopies of most lithos. Could be him or someone else

This person is in Argentina and they are only selling this poster. There's just one photo of the litho so it's hard to tell.... The colors look a bit different but I don't know if it could be the lightning of the photo or what.

@estrangedtwat

There is a guy producing high quality reproductions...his eBay name is Warpig!

Fucking scumbag that he is. He polluted the market making the uninformed collector feel that there were more lithos available then there actually were. And he made the hardcore collectors skeptical that there were fakes out there.

Hi there,

Since I had no proper place to hang those lithos I was not really into them to date, even if some of them look nothing but awesome.  Now that I have moved, I would love to have the LA 2016 Pool Skater because I have been a skateboarder and GNR fan for about 30 years each. 

http://lithorati.com/na2016/2016-08-18 Los Angeles.html

How rare is this one and what is it's average price? Do you think  there is any chance I might get one  at "short notice" or is it impossible to get like London, Paris etc? 

If one of you has one to offer, I of course would very much appreciate an pm :-) 

Thanks very much for your help! 

By the way: I was at London first night but to much into party mood to get the litho. I kick my ass today 😄

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, it says size A3 (30cm x 42cm).... How did you get yours? Bought it at the show?

This person is in Argentina and they are only selling this poster. There's just one photo of the litho so it's hard to tell.... The colors look a bit different but I don't know if it could be the lightning of the photo or what.

I am 100% sure an A3-sized Buenos Aires is fake, do not pay him more than you think that's worth.  

4 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

I am 100% sure an A3-sized Buenos Aires is fake, do not pay him more than you think that's worth.  

Yes, that's not the size of the real one, now I am sure. And no, it's actually pretty cheap, so that's why I was suspecting too.

I would like to have a legitimate one but so far I have not been able to find one :(

Thanks for your help!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

@estrangedtwat

There is a guy producing high quality reproductions...his eBay name is Warpig!

Fucking scumbag that he is. He polluted the market making the uninformed collector feel that there were more lithos available then there actually were. And he made the hardcore collectors skeptical that there were fakes out there.

Well aware of Warpig.  He's a fucking piece of shit that passes off fakes as originals.  I wouldn't piss in his face if his warehouse of fake lithos caught on fire.

I'd only be interested in ETHICAL reproductions.  Different dimensions, different card/paper stock, very obvious disclaimers that these are not the originals.